This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 20, 2015 1:03 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
IDW publishing has recently released information of August 2015's comic selection. Including, among other things; the nature of love, hate, Tracks, and Needlenose. Guilt in all it's respects, What happens when nature lies, and Robots in disguise, as well as combining.
Standard Retail Cover

EDIT by Va'al - Wanted to unload the thread with images.
For future record, we receive the solicits directly from IDW, so there is no need to post all of the covers in the thread! I had this story ready from yesterday, but was asked to wait until 20/05 to post.

Thanks!
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Wed May 20, 2015 2:48 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
From everyone's favourite Transformers comics enablers IDW Publishing, we have the next batch of releases due in August 2015 for our Cybertronian friends and beyond. Combiner Wars over, Combiner Hunters done, new RID ongoing continues, MTMTE and TF hold strong - so of course, here are some Beast Wars in the pages of Windblade. Take a look below at all the available covers, and discuss your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Transformers #44
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
LOVE AND HATE! Two emotions only inches from each other—and TRACKS and NEEDLENOSE have felt them both. On opposite sides of an eons-long war, what happens when they meet again? And what’s ARCEE up to on CYBERTRON?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #44—Subscription Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The danger level rises on Cybertron, as dangerous new allegiances form!
Arcee vs. Starscream—but not in the way you expect!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!

Transformers: Windblade #6
Mairghread Scott (w) • Corin Howell (a) • Priscilla Tramontano (c)
BEAST WAR! On EUKARIS, the colonists are more than just robots in disguise—they're whole new breeds of Transformers! But while WINDBLADE and STARSCREAM struggle to gain allies on this brave new world, an ancient power seeks to force them off the planet!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Windblade #6—Subscription Variant
Mairghread Scott (w) • Corin Howell (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Another colony found—but will they be friend or foe?
Fan favorite characters make the comic-book universe debut!

Transformers: Combiner Wars
Mairghread Scott, John Barber (w) • Sarah Stone, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Sarah Stone (c)
The AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS’ uneasy peace is threatened by the flames of war! STARSCREAM—ruler of CYBERTRON—makes contact with WINDBLADE’S home world—and the only defense against a new CYBERTRONIAN EMPIRE are COMBINERS—multiple CYBERTRONIANS forming together into huge, dangerous forms! Collects issues #39–41 of Transformers and the first three issues of Transformers: Windblade–Combiner Wars.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-386-6

Bullet points:
“[You] can pick up with no prior knowledge of the comics that came before and really get into the series.” — BigGlasgowComicsPage.com

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #44
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
Navicomp safety mode activated. Please select a reason for deviating from your flight path. Is it (a) accident, (b) necessity, or (c) a gnawing, crippling sense of guilt?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #44—Subscription Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Nick Roche (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Here’s somebody that knows where all the bodies are buried!
Danger and pathos in the mighty MTMTE tradition!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #2
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
ROAD RAGE! While a DECEPTICON called TRANSIT wreaks havoc on afternoon commutes, Team Bee gets an unexpected visit… but will these new rivals combine forces without trusting each other?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #2—Subscription Variant
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a) • Josh Burcham (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
All-new stories based on the hit animated series!
As promoted on Free Comic Book Day!
Fan-favorite characters who appear only in this comic book!

Transformers vs G.I. JOE #9
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a & c)
MADNESS.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers VS G.I. Joe #9—Subscription Variant
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a) • David Lafuente (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
TRANSFORMERS!
G.I. JOE!
VERSUS EACH OTHER!
Variant Cover by Ben Marra!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Comics Solicits for August 2015 Tracks on Needlenose's selfie, and More

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 20, 2015 3:10 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Ah, sorry Va'al I had seen the solicits on most other tf websites and it was like "this feels too weird to be an oversight, should I do something? "
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Courage: 3

Re: IDW Transformers Comics Solicits for August 2015 Tracks on Needlenose's selfie, and More

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed May 20, 2015 3:41 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Part of me really hopes that Tigatron on the Windblade cover.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7

Postby Va'al » Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Ah, sorry Va'al I had seen the solicits on most other tf websites and it was like "this feels too weird to be an oversight, should I do something? "

It's because Va'al sometimes sleeps and works, too. Despite all evidence to the contrary. :P

(This was ready at 6 pm my time on the 19th - But noooooooooooo we need to wait for the BIG sites to cover it first, because EXCLUSIVES. BAH.)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Coptur » Wed May 20, 2015 4:49 am

yeah that's Tigaton love the direction the Windblade series has taken
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Shuttershock » Wed May 20, 2015 6:43 am

Cool, Tracks gets something to do in an ongoing story!
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Xephon0930 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 am

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I am hoping we get more Generations Beast Wars figures thanks to this update.

I would love to have the likes of Blackarachnia,Dinobot,Inferno and many others.
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
We are definitely get a repaint of arcee in one of the covers for a mianly black and slightly pink repaint of arcee
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Hero Alpha » Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
This is sweet! Cant wait for some Tracks finally and Needlenose is a pretty cool Decepticon too. I can only hope that we get a new non-combiner figure Tracks now. I dont collect Masterpiece so that Tracks is out and the one from a few years ago just doesnt look good to me. Too fat and I prefer Tracks to be a 70's vette. If not Tracks may be me first MP figure besides Rumble & Buzzsaw. I was hoping that the Beast Wars guys would be a new colony, so this makes me happy to be an IDW Transformers comic fan these days.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Coptur » Wed May 20, 2015 9:21 am

I'm glad they've made the beast wars world a colony this is the richest Transformers universe ever and i'm happy to be reading it.

I just wish they'd stop killing off characters
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 20, 2015 11:21 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Woo hoo! Beast Wars! Just in time for the 20th anniversary in 2016. Time to start busting out vintage Beast Wars figures to finish up those missing galleries. :D
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Optimizzy » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I've never been a Beast Wars fan really. I dont dislike it, I just never got into it. Them being introduced like this has me stoked. I'll probably regret not getting Rhinox now :(
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I'll be interesting to see what they do with Rattrap and Waspinator, and possibly Sky-Byte going forward. Maybe they'll head over to the Beast Colony!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby Shuttershock » Wed May 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Optimizzy wrote:I've never been a Beast Wars fan really. I dont dislike it, I just never got into it. Them being introduced like this has me stoked. I'll probably regret not getting Rhinox now :(

Hmm, there's a thought. What DID happen to Rhinox after he met Trion, Nova and Galvatron?
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 am

MP-10!

Does Optimus Prime look like this in the comic now?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby MrBlack » Thu May 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon

Nope. He looks like an amalgamation of his Combiner Wars Voyager toy and this:

MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

Postby Cyberpath » Fri May 22, 2015 1:33 am

MrBlack wrote:

Nope. He looks like an amalgamation of his Combiner Wars Voyager toy and this:

Aw. Comics still use random covers I see.

Thanks!
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON