This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformer Combiner Hunters SDCC 2015 exclusive three pack

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformer Combiner Hunters SDCC 2015 exclusive three pack

Postby steals_your_goats » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:18 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the5 devastator shields on Chromias blade.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The mention of Bruticus on Chromia's portion suggests that we'll see him revealed at SDCC.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
That Bot wrote:The mention of Bruticus on Chromia's portion suggests that we'll see him revealed at SDCC.

It's the FOC combaticons with retooled ports Image they almost fit as is.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby TGS1985 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:53 am

Motto: "Don't mistake this as some misguided act of heroism, I'm only fighting because I happen to REALLY hate those other guys."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
jay5 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Lol I don't mind the huge weapons, it just adds to the anime sort on style. XD

Hahah, I was just about to say that - they look very Japanese, anime, and kind of cool on these three. ;)

I got a more of a World of Warcraft feel from it. I swear I once raided with a gnome warrior with the exact same sword that Arcee has... same size ratio too.

But now that you mention Anime, I realize it does also have a Final Fantasy VII feel to it ala Cloud and his big ass buster sword.

Caelus wrote:If I got these the weapons would be going to the combiners. Arcee's to Menasor, Chromia's to Superion, and Windblade's to Defensor.

Oooo, I didn't even consider them being spoils of war (from hunting combiners). I don't know if that turns out to be the official explanation (as I think Arcee is already sporting her sword before she's actually started "hunting") but if you ask me it SHOULD be if you ask me.
TGS1985
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby jogunwarrior » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 am

Awesome Deco. I would love to get my hands on this set!
jogunwarrior
Fuzor

Transformer Combiner Hunters Character Art

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher posted on her tumblr some awesome looking character Art for the Transformers Combiner Hunters Trio!
Check out these are below and what Sara had to say!

Since all’s been shown, both the figures and the comic, I can share these :D!

I designed them following the new Combiner Hunters toys / packaging illustration (which I think have changed in the meantime? I know Chromia’s entire head’s white now. Oops.) But yeah. It was fun and challenging to draw a somewhat different take on these characters :D Yeeh

Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
They look radical!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:41 am

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gosh those CH ladies look hot! XD :HEADHURTS:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Wheeljack808 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 am

The art is amazing, little strange how they all have the exact same pose but meh still looks cool. 8)
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Hmmm, to me windblade has a very Prime color to her. Makes me think she is a Feminus Prime to Optimus Prime.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Skill: 6

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Wheeljack808 wrote:The art is amazing, little strange how they all have the exact same pose but meh still looks cool. 8)

the point of the art is the colorization and design. Usually they pick a standard pose to use to make sure everything stays the same in terms of proportion. Also, the artist can focus on design rather than posing.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Skill: 6

Postby Xarmech » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Whatever happened to Arcee's :BOT: Tattoo?
Xarmech
Mini-Con

Postby Wheeljack808 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Optimizzy wrote:
Wheeljack808 wrote:The art is amazing, little strange how they all have the exact same pose but meh still looks cool. 8)

the point of the art is the colorization and design. Usually they pick a standard pose to use to make sure everything stays the same in terms of proportion. Also, the artist can focus on design rather than posing.

Ah I see. Fair enough ;)
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
These ladies look quite amazing. It actually looks a bit like Alex Milne art in my opinion. Either way, I like it and it looks good. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Xarmech wrote:Whatever happened to Arcee's :BOT: Tattoo?
These are earlier designs, not the finals.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Official images of 2015 SDCC exclusive Transformer Combiner Hunters three pack

Postby Bradimus » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:42 am

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
SillySpringer wrote:
jay5 wrote:Those bot modes look cool as heck! I kind of want them and I don't really need to start collecting Transformers again. :-$

You'll be sorry! :lol:

I am thinking of getting Gen Chromia and Windblade, but I want this set too! I can't decide! :BANG_HEAD: (I could get both but what's the point of getting two of the same mold, when I can use that shelf space for new figures?)

Just on a side note, I wonder if Hasbro will repaint Arcee as a different character, as a mainline release figure? And hopefully with the fixed hands. It probably wouldn't happen though till Combiner Wars is over.

I strongly considered using the free shipping code on HTS to get the Combiner Hunters set for $75 plus tax, so I searched for some video reviews. The paint is sloppy, and Arcee comes with her swords but not her guns. Not that it matters because she can't hold them, only that gigantic Combiner Cleaver. The problem is she needs the small gun to lock her hands in place underneath her alt mode. #-o

So then I strongly considered getting Takara Arcee via a seller on Amazon for $28 and free shipping. But then I thought I should look around for other prices and found myself on BBTS looking at spending $31.99 plus shipping for Generations Arcee and Chromia. And before I checked out I thought, well maybe I should see if they have a deal for Windblade, and they have her on clearance for $9.99! Shipping only added $5.50 for a total of $47.48, which breaks down to about $15.83 a piece.

So it turns out you can catch 'em all almost 9 months later! :DANCE:

As for the figures themselves:

Arcee is amazing. I trimmed the plastic on the bottom of her hands so she can properly hold her weapons. I'm not worried about them breaking but I do plan to look into a way to strengthen the hands on the outside somehow. Maybe a few layers of glue? Should be fine either way. ;)^

Chromia is a nice retool of PRID Arcee. However, I am very concerned about her upper arms as the elbow socket is too tight. I don't know if it's a paint issue or a mold clearance issue, but if I can somehow safely remove her forearms I'll then have to figure out what needs to be sanded to fix the problem. For now I can't safely twist her forearms and that's a problem because right out of the box they come sideways and need to be turned forward to transform her. I thought the arms were going to snap and I'm glad I don't have to twist them back. :WHISTLE:

Windblade is actually not nearly as bad as she has been made out to be. Her shoulder transformation joints are nice and tight, and while her heels don't lock into place, they don't slip forward so easily, either. Also, her shins do lock into place, though not as tightly as I'd like. She can hold some nice poses, but it does take a little patience and practice. I can deal with her finickyness. In my opinion she is the gem of the group. And her face is beautifully painted. :x

Comparing these three now that I have them in-hand with the reviews I watched on YouTube of the SDCC set has me fully convinced I made the right decision. The primary point of spending more on the Combiner Hunters set is for the deco and the extra weapons, but if the paint is sloppy and one figure is not only altered in a way that makes her primary accessories useless but is also missing her guns, one of which is integral to transformation and both fully incorporated into the alt mode, what's the point? :BANG_HEAD:

Hope this helps! :PEACE:
Bradimus
Pretender
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby prjkt » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Some comparison pics for those interested

"Who are these new bots, and why do they look like us?"

Yes, they actually CAN hold these weapons unassisted!

prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Nice shots man. Those look really cool :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Re: Official images of 2015 SDCC exclusive Transformer Combiner Hunters three pack

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Bradimus wrote:also missing her guns, one of which is integral to transformation and both fully incorporated into the alt mode, what's the point?

This is technically unnecessary

I actually never use the gun under her. I splay the arms along the interior of the legs; and, unless yours has loose shoulders, they stay in place really well, and even give her more clearance (plus I nearly snapped her in half trying to remove the gun from her abdomen, the gun was that tightly stuck :shock: )

I hope this helps :D
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:also missing her guns, one of which is integral to transformation and both fully incorporated into the alt mode, what's the point?

This is technically unnecessary

I actually never use the gun under her. I splay the arms along the interior of the legs; and, unless yours has loose shoulders, they stay in place really well, and even give her more clearance (plus I nearly snapped her in half trying to remove the gun from her abdomen, the gun was that tightly stuck :shock: )

I hope this helps :D

I actually place the guns on top and the swords on the side, so I do not put them underneath the vehicle mode. The arms actually have more clearance without the guns :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 pm

prjkt wrote:Image

I will never get used to all that unnecessary black on Arcee. >:oP

And I don't mean the Combiner Hunters figure. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby prjkt » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Sabrblade wrote:I will never get used to all that unnecessary black on Arcee. >:oP

And I don't mean the Combiner Hunters figure. ;)

heh, I actually prefer the Hasbro version to Takara's, even if it's not cartoon accurate - I find the black breaks up the pale tones, more visually interesting - just an opinion though.

As for CH Arcee, I'm tempted to re-purpose her as G2 Arcee, as black and neon pink is so '90s

EDIT: I posted a little review on Ozformers if anyone wants to read my thoughts.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:44 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Edgy!Arcee looks like she's wearing a shellsuit and I love it. I just wish she had better ankle articulation and proper wrists so she could do more with her Colossus Cleaver (as I am christening her sword).

I must admit, having seen how good the Generations Arcee looks (especially the Takara version) I'm beginning to regret spending £40 back in the day to get Animated Arcee (though aside from her thumbs and somewhat questionable paintjob she is a superb figure and I'll always love her).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

Delta Magnus wrote:Edgy!Arcee looks like she's wearing a shellsuit and I love it. I just wish she had better ankle articulation and proper wrists so she could do more with her Colossus Cleaver (as I am christening her sword).
If you're curious, here's the official info on said weapon:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Interesting, although kinda unoriginal name. The poison gimmick is cool though.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr E Image Comics 2021 MAY218952 1E (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #53 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 OCT220252 53E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 1023IM399 79C (CA) Santolouco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #11 Image Comics 2021 MAR210191 (W) Kirkman (A/CA) Samnee + Wilson"
FIRE POWER #11 Ima ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM315 7C (CA) Darboe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131C"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSOVER #6 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 FEB219098 6C (W) Cates (CA) Larsen (A) Shaw"
CROSSOVER #6 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #19 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230284 19B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #19 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #20 Cvr C 1:50 Image Comics 2022 MAY220217 20C (CA) Simmonds"
DEPARTMENT OF TRUT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM379 22C (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #325 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT210177 325B (W) McFarlane (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #325 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON