This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Devastation

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Devastation

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
This is going to be the greatest game of all time. Besides maybe Mass Effect Andromeda.
Last edited by SlyTF1 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Double post.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:This is going to be the greatest game of all time. Besides maybe Mass Effect Andromeda.

Not saying a whole lot, you have notoriously low standards.

Cyberpath wrote:

Looks like your standard brawler to me.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
They confirm in the video it is coming out on PC, so hooray for that.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Man where's Prowl?

He hasn't been in a game since Animated.

In fact where is he in anything besides the comics?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Madeus Prime » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Man where's Prowl?

Chill dude, he's a fan favorite amongst adult fans, and the comics are geared towards them. Kids won't find a calculating and ruthless Autobot entertaining in a cartoon or a game.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Madeus Prime wrote:

Chill dude, he's a fan favorite amongst adult fans, and the comics are geared towards them. Kids won't find a calculating and ruthless Autobot entertaining in a cartoon or a game.

If ruthless and calculating was any reason to exclude a character from being playable, Megatron and Soundwave wouldn't have been playable in the High Moon games.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:

Uhhhhh he was never ruthless in the cartoon so far the only times he has been are the comics and toy bios.

Just use the cartoon personalty (whatever that is)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So... who's voicing Wheeljack? What with Chsis Latta being deceased and all.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby MemphisR56 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:07 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
I've been wondering about why they didn't include playable decepticons.

And my first thought was that Megatron and Soundwave have alt modes that wouldn't work in the same way without having to change the engine to be able to do more things. I mean, soundwave could work as a stealth character, but there'd be a great deal more game design and coding required to make him work as such, and the levels would need a lot of adaptations to make them work outside the standard brawler setup.

If you're trying to keep things slavishly G1, then changing the alt modes would be a no-no for trying to work around that.

But then Meg's alt mode is revealed to be a tank in the gameinformer hands on article.

So....

...what was the thought process behind not having the :CON: playable?

EDIT: Also, gameplay video shows Lazerbeak, Ravage, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Kickback, Bombshell and Shrapnel as bosses/enemies.
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Speed: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Transformers: Devastation Website Launched

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The website for the newly announcedTransformers Devastation game has launched. It features images (several shown below) and the teaser trailer, along with some highlights of what to expect from the game.

OVER-THE-TOP STYLISH ACTION
PlatinumGames' signature fast-paced action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique and customizable combat system.

FIVE PLAYABLE AUTOBOTS
Wreak havoc on the DECEPTICON forces as OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, WHEELJACK and GRIMLOCK.

PLAY AGAIN AND AGAIN
5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition, combined with a deep customization system, means hours of intense gameplay.

THE STORY
Optimus Prime and the Autobots face off against classic Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of Plasma Energy to Cyberform Earth. Fueled by the Plasma Energy, the Decepticons are stronger and more powerful than ever. Can the Autobots stop them?

For those who want more meaty gameplay vieos, IGN has uploaded a ten minute gameplay demo which was shown at E3 2015.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby shajaki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:05 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Junging from how wacky things are/were (Primes trailer disappearing/reappearing) Megatron could totally be playable. Him and Soundwave could be could be a combo: Megatron is the Robot mode, when he transforms Sound comes out of nowhere to weild him!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Henry921 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:37 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So, Hasbro, if you wanted to promote this game with some sort of toyline, maybe give us those Battlechargers and Air Warriors in the Generations line so we can army build? :D

This looks great. Really kinetic and fast-paced compared to the more 3rd person shooter-y High Moon games. I want it. Give me a demo, Activision.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby MemphisR56 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:11 am

shajaki wrote:Junging from how wacky things are/were (Primes trailer disappearing/reappearing) Megatron could totally be playable. Him and Soundwave could be could be a combo: Megatron is the Robot mode, when he transforms Sound comes out of nowhere to weild him!

Megatron was confirmed as a Tank in the game-informer exclusive hands-on article.

MemphisR56
Pretender

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:11 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Urghh, from what I have seen there this looks dreadful. Is that all there is to the game? Never been a fan of these hack n slash types of game.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 am

Ravage XK wrote:Urghh, from what I have seen there this looks dreadful. Is that all there is to the game? Never been a fan of these hack n slash types of game.

Yes, its very arcadey like. All Platinum games are like this. But thats fine, we already had our more story based third person shooting game in FOC and WFC. And with a big studio like Platinum, this will introduce the G1 designs we love so much to a wholey new audience.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:Urghh, from what I have seen there this looks dreadful. Is that all there is to the game? Never been a fan of these hack n slash types of game.

Yes, its very arcadey like. All Platinum games are like this. But thats fine, we already had our more story based third person shooting game in FOC and WFC. And with a big studio like Platinum, this will introduce the G1 designs we love so much to a wholey new audience.

I'll give it a go (it is Transformers based after all) but its not grabbed me. Demo would be nice.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10+

Postby Alpha Dominus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:09 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Wow! Where to begin?! Ok, so the cel-shaded, hand painted look made famous by Gearbox's Borderlands series fits this game like a silk glove. It looks like they took the best animators from "Call of The Primitives" and said, "Do your best guys." Speakin' of silk, the animation flows smoothly. That Bumblebee power-up! Also,this style of art allows for lo-poly models used in the game to be used for cinematics, which makes the transition from cut-scene to game play seamless. This makes for much better immersion. From the background to the particle effects, the cartoon art style complements the characters and the whole thing feels just like your fighting through the coolest G1 Sunbow episode.

Gameplay baby! The meat of the game,which is how it plays,should be the most important aspect of plunking down your hard earned cash. So far, these previews do a good job of introducing a few core mechanics while whetting our appetites for more. I notice that while your driving or shooting, the character does the tried and true over-the-shoulder camera angle and switches nicely to side view for melee combat. So far looks like there are some opportunities for some massive combo attacks. Lovin' the limited character roster. What I'm about to say is total conjecture at this point, but what the heck, this is fun. So we got Optimus- a leader, Bumblebee-scout, Sideswipe-warrior, Wheeljack(!)-engineer, and Grimlock-bruiser. I would think that with the different classes here, the circumstances of combat would dictate which characters are best suited for the level. Otherwise, what's the point? You would theoretically be able to run through the whole game with the same character. In the Transformers universe, where characters are a key component of the franchises success, that would be awful.I'm curious to find out the replay value of the game. Maybe play as the Decepticons after beating the game? Unlocking characters? Two-player arena deathmatch?

So this is getting long so I'll put a cork in it. Yeah, an obvious love letter to G1 and what a beautiful message it is. Cant' wait to get my ass kicked by Devastator!
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby MemphisR56 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 am

I have a few misgivings with this, but only minors.

I hope it doesn't end up being too bland and samey in the enemy and arenas departments. From what we've seen, we only have 2 drone enemies, and one of them was shown in 2 flat palette swaps (orange and lilac battlechargers). It feels very much like 80's style arcade beat-em-up, so I guess that works, but recolouring enemies was something that was phased out a while back for a reason.

I'm also a little worried that combat will get too repetitive.

What I am excited about though, is customisation options. They said somewhere that each character can level and will have stats, the stats being in the same categories as the original tech-specs.

I'll be pretty cool to see how stats based on tech specs will influence gameplay, especially if their growth rates are based on their original G1 spec values.

MemphisR56
Pretender

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:06 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
MemphisR56 wrote:...what was the thought process behind not having the :CON: playable?
shajaki wrote:Junging from how wacky things are/were (Primes trailer disappearing/reappearing) Megatron could totally be playable. Him and Soundwave could be could be a combo: Megatron is the Robot mode, when he transforms Sound comes out of nowhere to weild him!
The video states that the idea was to make the game from the heroes' point of view; that's why the Decepticons aren't playable.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:23 am

MemphisR56 wrote:I hope it doesn't end up being too bland and samey in the enemy and arenas departments. From what we've seen, we only have 2 drone enemies, and one of them was shown in 2 flat palette swaps (orange and lilac battlechargers). It feels very much like 80's style arcade beat-em-up, so I guess that works, but recolouring enemies was something that was phased out a while back for a reason.

I'm also a little worried that combat will get too repetitive.

Well having played all their previous games, I can tell you that it's better we prepare for samey environments, combat and arenas. These guys care more about combat and love to give droves of clones for you to fight. Instead, you get enemy types and keep coming back and ask you to use different moves. What will vary will be the amount of different enemy types present in a fight. If it's all the same kind of enemy, you dont have to change your strategy at all (see my next point on combat) but if you have 3 different enemy types, you have to switch your moves from one to the next in quick succession.

The combat is as repetitive as you want it to be. For example, have you played Bayonetta? The move list is endless with a bunch of specials, but people usually rely on the moves they are comfortable with so it ends up being samey but because of the player, not the game itself. I foresee it being the same here. The combat will be as diverse as you want it to be.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Besides those Battlechargers and the bosses (Meggatron, Soundwave and Constructicons so far) theres also purple Ramjet repaints which I assume represent Air Warriors but in Conehead flavor (Purple generic Seekers from the G1 cartoon)

Theres also Insecticons but I'm not sure if their mass produced drones or the actual Insecticons themselves.

I guess this game will be ok but the lack of playable characters as well as no playable Decepticons hurt me I'm not asking for say 20 or something insane like the High moon games but remember the ROTF game on consoles?

That had a great character mechanic where all of them were pretty unique asides from having faction counterparts and it had about 8 or 10 playable characters for each side and some of them had multiple cosmetic skins such as G1 versions.

Hell G1 Sunstorm was playable despite having no movie counterpart.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Yeah that video just made me lose some interest, its nothing but a hoard mode fighting game. If its a $15 download game i may check it out but if their asking for a full $60 im going to say no way. none of their games have been worth the full price. Plus its probably just going to be a repetitive 5 hour long ordeal anyway, they focus to much on combat & not enough on story or environments. Very disappointing
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
YES!!!!!!
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED NOW :D :grin: :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay: :BOT: :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #398 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Mandrake (W) Greenberger (A)García-López 230915A"
BATMAN #398 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC269 5B (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #134 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0223DC046 134E (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #134 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN SPIDER'S SHADOW #4 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210619 (CA) Noto (W) Zdarsky"
SPIDER-MAN SPIDER' ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #42 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 NOV230480 (CA) Dodson"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC201 1073F (CA) Simmonds"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230840 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #14 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0223DC049 1071C (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #74 var Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210537 (CA) Checchetto"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #88.BEY var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210932 (CA)Bazaldúa 231010Z"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr A DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223268 1A (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Superman MAN OF STEEL #2 DC Comics 1991 (A/CA) Bogdanove (W) Simonson 230305A"
Superman MAN OF ST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #17 DC Comics 1991 (CA) Garcia-Lopez 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 Cvr E DC Comics 2023 0323DC051 135E LGY #900 (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #135 Cvr E ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON