This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Devastation

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Devastation

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Megatron Wolf wrote:Yeah that video just made me lose some interest, its nothing but a hoard mode fighting game. If its a $15 download game i may check it out but if their asking for a full $60 im going to say no way. none of their games have been worth the full price. Plus its probably just going to be a repetitive 5 hour long ordeal anyway, they focus to much on combat & not enough on story or environments. Very disappointing

The price was announced with the news of its availability at Best Buy: it's a full price release
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers: Devastation Video with Publisher and Developer

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Fellow Seibertronian, Shub, has sent us a link to a pretty cool video where Sony interviews the Developer (PlatinumGames) and the Publisher (Activision) of the upcoming Transformers Devastation game which is scheduled to release on October 6 2015.

They address some of the concerns expressed by the community since the game's announcement. They also explain the game mechanics including how to pull off certain moves and expand on the difficulty settings.

Let us know if this changes your mind on the game or gets you even more hyped!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
The actual game better be 60 fps like that video.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
This is just a severely downgraded version of the ROTF game (Xbox and Ps3 versions)

With just a slightly different combat system that's more focused on melee weapons.

I just honestly don't see this game selling well based on what we have now but I'll give it a chance if more information makes the game seem decent.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
william-james88 wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:Yeah that video just made me lose some interest, its nothing but a hoard mode fighting game. If its a $15 download game i may check it out but if their asking for a full $60 im going to say no way. none of their games have been worth the full price. Plus its probably just going to be a repetitive 5 hour long ordeal anyway, they focus to much on combat & not enough on story or environments. Very disappointing

The price was announced with the news of its availability at Best Buy: it's a full price release

...yeah, I'll wait for a price drop.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:This is just a severely downgraded version of the ROTF game (Xbox and Ps3 versions)

With just a slightly different combat system that's more focused on melee weapons.

I just honestly don't see this game selling well based on what we have now but I'll give it a chance if more information makes the game seem decent.

How the hell is it a downgrade? It's an upgraded version, if anything.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Demonology7789 wrote:whats with all the hate this game looks fun as hell!!!!

My thoughts exactly.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
SlyTF1 wrote:

How?

The only thing this game has going for itself is gameplay and getting the original voice actors.

Everything else is immensely horrible and lacking I'll say my problems with it.

Only 5 playable Autobots and no Decepticons give me a break they don't even have Ironhide in it (its a brawler Transformers game its perfect for Ironhide)

The story also seems very lacking as well it just seems to be a G1 cartoon episode made into a game and I doubt that would be a good enough story for a $60 game.

This is my last post regarding my dislike of the game.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby padfoo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
The backgrounds are extremely limited in depth and detail!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

How?

The only thing this game has going for itself is gameplay and getting the original voice actors.

Only 5 playable Autobots and no Decepticons give me a break they don't even have Ironhide in it (its a brawler Transformers game its perfect for Ironhide)

The story also seems very lacking as well it just seems to be a G1 cartoon episode made into a game and I doubt that would be a good enough story for a $60 game.

The gameplay is all that matters. Most video games only have one playable character. I could play as Optimus Prime the entire time and be completely fine with that. In fact, I only ever plan on playing as Optimus. Maybe Grimlock, when the need arises.

In regards to the story, you haven't heard **** about the story. All you know is the synopsis.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Because the game doesn't look "fun as hell" to everyone. To me it looks like a really shallow brawler that's relying more on nostalgia than anything else.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby mcfmullen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

So far the only justification I see for hating on the game is that all it has going for it is the gameplay.

WHAT?
mcfmullen
Mini-Con

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 pm

mcfmullen wrote:So far the only justification I see for hating on the game is that all it has going for it is the gameplay.

WHAT?

That is literally the opposite of what I said.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons

Haters will always hate, but just ignore all that stupid hate if they hate it so much then they won't care to buy or play it which means more fire those who do want to play it
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:

Haters will always hate, but just ignore all that stupid hate if they hate it so much then they won't care to buy or play it which means more fire those who do want to play it

It also means that the game won't sell and the chances of a sequel are slim to none.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 pm

mcfmullen wrote:So far the only justification I see for hating on the game is that all it has going for it is the gameplay.

WHAT?

Yeah, I totally get what you mean but I think its because maybe not everyone is familiar with the company making this. Without exception, every single platinum game ever released was squarely focused on gameplay and gameplay alone. So I dont see the big surprise with this one. They are the masters though, and every single game they make is a gem in terms of gameplay (except Legend of Kora but that was a rush job for the cash). I think this will surprise those who give it a shot. Since gameplay is the most important aspect of a game (to me anyways), I always liked how this company concentrated mainly on that aspect. I might not finish all their games since things do get a bit bland (I will admit that) but I never ever regret playing them.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby noctorro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 am

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

How?

Amount of playable characters has little to do with gameplay.
No Decepticons has little to do with gameplay.
No Ironhide has little to do with gameplay.
Story has nothing to do with gameplay.
Length has a good deal to do with gameplay.

The game totally doesn't play like ROTF, that was a third persoon shooter. With some strange controls.
This is a third person action game, auto-aim and a lot of melee.

But I agree on your limited amount of playable characters concern. And how they'll keep it fresh for a full priced game.
They didn't talk about upgrades, weapons or anything.
Hopefully the gameplay will be rocksolid and that there'll be
DLC characters not to crazily priced.

Will get the game on release because Transformers :BOT:
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby dreadwing95 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 am

the game honestly looks boring to me as well. i mean i commend the G1 style and it looks very different from the other transformers games ive played but it just doesnt seem very interesting to me.
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby vectorsigma757 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:58 am

With only a few months before release, it feels this game may be a cash grab and not the quality we want. I still have high hopes. Just hope it doesn't get too repetitive.

I see they have Bumblebee in relative scale. I wonder if Grimlock will be to scale as well. That would be awesome. I think the whole game hinges on how awesome Grimlock will be.

Could be get new heroes through DLC? Rodimus? Ultra Magnus? Arcee? A What IF? scenario where an Autobot goes bad?

My last concern is transformation. They say they put a lot of effort in it, but haven't shown a whole lot so far. I see Optimus can fire in truck mode, so that's a plus. I'm just hoping that they don't make alt modes an afterthought.
vectorsigma757
Mini-Con

Postby mcfmullen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 am

Shadowman wrote:

WHAT?

You said it LOOKS like a shallow brawler. That's not a factual statement and in fact is a statement fully aware of its subjectivity.

In other words, I wasn't referring to you at all.
mcfmullen
Mini-Con

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:35 pm

mcfmullen wrote:
Shadowman wrote:

WHAT?

You said it LOOKS like a shallow brawler. That's not a factual statement and in fact is a statement fully aware of its subjectivity.

In other words, I wasn't referring to you at all.

Right, except here's the issue: I still had justification for hating on it because of the gameplay, not because "that's all it has going for it." So when you said that's the only kind of justification you saw for hating on the game, either you didn't read my post, or you did and somehow failed to understand what I said. Either way, you're now trying to cover that up by saying "That's just your opinion" in a longer, more roundabout way.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby mcfmullen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Shadowman wrote:Right, except here's the issue: I still had justification for hating on it because of the gameplay, not because "that's all it has going for it." So when you said that's the only kind of justification you saw for hating on the game, either you didn't read my post, or you did and somehow failed to understand what I said. Either way, you're now trying to cover that up by saying "That's just your opinion" in a longer, more roundabout way.

There's a fundamental difference between a statement that says "the gameplay sucks" and "the gameplay looks like it sucks". If you can't make that difference, I suggest you learn English.

Furthermore, there's an even greater difference between "I don't like the gameplay" and "I don't like the game because the best thing about it is the game play".

One's a subjective opinion (yours) and the other is an oxymoron that makes no logical sense.

I'm not covering anything up. I merely pointed out how idiotic of a statement it was and you took offense to it when you weren't even the person who made the comment.

So again, I wasn't talking about you or to you when I made the statement. Drop it.
mcfmullen
Mini-Con

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:45 pm

mcfmullen wrote:Drop it.

I have a better idea: No.

WHAT?

The only justification? What about the justification I made before you had made this post? Is my opinion not justified? Is it because I used the word "looks" that somehow means I don't actually believe what I said? Moreover, how could you be referring to one specific person when you said "The only justification I see"? Did you only read the one post?

These are questions that need answering.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby mcfmullen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:36 am

1) Your post came AFTER.

2) I said I wasn't referring to you SEVERAL TIMES.

3) The English language has words that mean different things. "Looks" is a word describing an interpretation of an observation, not a fact. It is subjective.

4) The game isn't released yet, which means any statements about anything beyond aesthetic are invalid. You cannot claim something is good without having tried it. However, as you said, something can LOOK good or bad by observing it. That doesn't make it true or justified.

5) Only by trying a game can an opinion be justified.

6) Again, I was referring to the oxymoron that is complaining about a game because the gameplay LOOKS good. This is not what you were talking about. So again, I am not talking about you!

7) A game that plays well but looks poor doesn't make for a bad game. It means your subjective taste in superfluous things supersedes your capacity to make assessments based on objective merits.

8) "Because the game doesn't look "fun as hell" to everyone. To me it looks like a really shallow brawler that's relying more on nostalgia than anything else."

- "Fun as hell" is not a criteria for a good game. Simple fun suffices.
- "looks like a really shallow brawler" is a subjective assumption on something you haven't played for yourself. Furthermore, shallow brawlers can be very fun for those that enjoy them. Again, genre of game has no bearing on whether or not the game is good. For example, I hate Skyrim because I don't enjoy the premise but that doesn't mean I don't recognize it as being a good game.
- Given the FACT that this ties into Combiner Wars and NOT G1 specifically, it isn't relying on nostalgia at all and is reflective on Combiner Wars at large moreso than it is about the game itself.

So drop it.
mcfmullen
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM477 5B (CA) Ruan (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 Decepticons Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210537 1A"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SINS OF WRECKERS #2 IDW Comics 2015 (W/A/CA) Roche 230227"
Transformers SINS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #42 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220434 42A (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #42 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON