This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Devastation

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Devastation

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:That is straight up Masterpiece Grimlock in the game, with all his toy-accurate chunky detail not seen in the cartoon.

And Megatron is based off the Combiner Wars figure. I'm glad they're using toy models.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That is straight up Masterpiece Grimlock in the game, with all his toy-accurate chunky detail not seen in the cartoon.

And Megatron is based off the Combiner Wars figure. I'm glad they're using toy models.
Though, Bumblebee is more of an original design that's like a partial cross between his cartoon model and his 2006 Classics toy, using elements from both but resembling neither.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
JazZeke wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:This game is perfection realized. I want it now.

No, "perfection realized" is James Roberts' MTMTE comics, issue 12 in particular.

Close, but I have a few minor gripes with MTMTE. Nothing big, just one or 2 minor things that kind of keep it from being perfection incarnate, but it's close. Hell, the entire IDW universe is close, to be honest.

This game, however, I've seen absolutely nothing wrong with it, aside from the fact that you can't play as Megatron. If they added him, the game would exceed well beyond the realm of perfection. **** would be immaculate times, like, five.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby JazZeke » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
SlyTF1 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:

No, "perfection realized" is James Roberts' MTMTE comics, issue 12 in particular.

Close, but I have a few minor gripes with MTMTE. Nothing big, just one or 2 minor things that kind of keep it from being perfection incarnate, but it's close. Hell, the entire IDW universe is close, to be honest.

This game, however, I've seen absolutely nothing wrong with it, aside from the fact that you can't play as Megatron. If they added him, the game would exceed well beyond the realm of perfection. **** would be immaculate times, like, five.

If you honestly rank the movies' overt sexuality, casual racism, and loosely-strung-together chain of explosions above the characterization, drama, and humor of Roberts' writing, then there really is no hope for you.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:39 pm

JazZeke wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:

If you honestly rank the movies' overt sexuality, casual racism, and loosely-strung-together chain of explosions above the characterization, drama, and humor of Roberts' writing, then there really is no hope for you.

When did I say I did? The comics are the one thing I like more than the movies. But the comics aren't movies, so I can't say they're the greatest movies of all time.

I do still like movie Optimus more than IDW Optimus, though. Movie Optimus would have slit Megatron's throat during his trial after Dark Cybertron.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby no-one » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:48 pm

The more I see from this game the more I like it. The action is crazy and over the top, looks fun. I love how visceral and dynamic the transformations look.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 am

SlyTF1 wrote:New trailer.
[youtube] rCJJYMsgSsk [/youtube]

This is going to be THE undisputed greatest video game of all time.

These timeless character-models.

Hopefully the developers will work out the animation bugs before the release. (notice Starscream's canopy.)

I don't see it. Looks like the animation model to me, in both modes.

Transformers Devastation Game Exclusive Convention Poster by Guido Guidi --

Menasor! (and like Megatron, another blend of CW and animation.)
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby no-one » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:44 am

My phone needs a digital copy of that poster.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:10 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I really wish Grimlock wasn't so small. In the video they're showing during the IGN interview he's smaller than the Constructicons when he should be towering over them. Too bad, I can see that getting annoying.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby no-one » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:29 am

Emerje wrote:I really wish Grimlock wasn't so small. In the video they're showing during the IGN interview he's smaller than the Constructicons when he should be towering over them. Too bad, I can see that getting annoying.

Emerje

He appears to get smaller when he converts to robot mode. I watched the scene a few times and the mass shift always seemed odd.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
While we have already seen the gameplay trailer for the upcoming Transformers: Devastation videogame, Activision have also sent along their official press release from San Diego Comic Con 2015 - which also features some additional artwork for the various platforms it'll be released for. Check it all out below, including the trailer once again. Because robots.

Hello!

Today at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Activision Publishing, Inc. and developer PlatinumGames Inc. released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming third-person action-brawler, TRANSFORMERS: Devastation. Blasting off with a showdown between cosmic rivals, this new in-game footage puts the heavy metal clash of the heroic AUTOBOTS and insidious DECEPTICONS front and center with explosive cel-shaded detail.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation brings Hasbro’s converting robot titans to life with classic Generations styling and modern attitude. This new trailer highlights four of the five playable heroes in the game – OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE and WHEELJACK – as well as notorious foes like MEGATRON, STARSCREAM and the towering combiner, DEVASTATOR. Whether leaping into vehicle form to ram enemies at high speed or juggling them in mid-air with a flurry of blinding-fast combos, the dynamic action of TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is so close it’s personal.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is expected to launch later this year on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam. For the latest updates until then, please visit www.TransformersGame.com and www.facebook.com/TransformersGame.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com, or by following @Activision.

About PlatinumGames Inc.

PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high-quality, next-generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Under the slogan “Taking on the World as the Representative of Japan,” PlatinumGames works hard to deliver fresh surprises and new experiences to gamers all over the world. Official website: www.platinumgames.com

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby steve2275 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
looks pretty good
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby JazZeke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:20 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Looks like I just might have to get this for my PC.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Speed: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:I really wish Grimlock wasn't so small. In the video they're showing during the IGN interview he's smaller than the Constructicons when he should be towering over them. Too bad, I can see that getting annoying.

Emerje
You seen the other videos? Grimlock's size is fine (he's still bigger than Optimus). It's the Constructicons who are all gigantic in this game.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby talisac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 am

Since this will be on 360 and ps3 it will be a port over to pc and next gen. meaning it wont be a next gen game. don't buy this at the 59.99 price range. All of our retool/repaint money is paying for this game and a new cartoon series
talisac
Mini-Con

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:18 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Sabrblade wrote:You seen the other videos? Grimlock's size is fine (he's still bigger than Optimus). It's the Constructicons who are all gigantic in this game.

Just like his CW toy. :lol:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
eh. I might get it. I want to play as Grimlock (as log as he's proper badass Grimlock unlike season 3's Robo-Barney). Am no fan of the cartoon but this looks a lot more enjoyable than WfC and FoC ever were.

That logo still looks cheap though. Why can't they use the classic shaded original Transformers logo for that extra nostalgia?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Wheeljack808 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:36 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:eh. I might get it. I want to play as Grimlock (as log as he's proper badass Grimlock unlike season 3's Robo-Barney). Am no fan of the cartoon but this looks a lot more enjoyable than WfC and FoC ever were.

That logo still looks cheap though. Why can't they use the classic shaded original Transformers logo for that extra nostalgia?

Really people? This is unheard of levels of awesome and all you can do is sit there and complain about the LOGO!?!?

Whatever, I'm buying and playing the crap out of this game. I mean I already was going to when they first announced it...now with all these other characters including GRIMLOCK!!! Voiced by BERGER!!! :BOWDOWN: I'm drowning in excitement over this. :APPLAUSE: :BOT: :CON: :APPLAUSE:
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
talisac wrote:Since this will be on 360 and ps3 it will be a port over to pc and next gen. meaning it wont be a next gen game. don't buy this at the 59.99 price range. All of our retool/repaint money is paying for this game and a new cartoon series

Or the other way around. You ever try playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS3? Imagine they took the PS4 game, set all the graphics to low...and called it a day.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Has anyone heard or said anything about the possibility of in-house multiplayer? Because that would be amazing.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Has anyone heard or said anything about the possibility of in-house multiplayer? Because that would be amazing.

Like couch co-op? That's my favorite type of multiplayer and would work well for this game. It did appear that the player character had a helper from time to time.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby padfoo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:You seen the other videos? Grimlock's size is fine (he's still bigger than Optimus). It's the Constructicons who are all gigantic in this game.

Just like his CW toy. :lol:

They look awesome that size!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfguard » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
Well...I guess it's high-time I upgrade from my PS2...

:-B
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Intelligence: 9

Postby NiteStar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
WAHT?!!!! When did this happen?? Wow Ive been out of the loop with Transformers lately cuz its been so quiet with nothing going on for a awhile now. But I missed hearing about this. Your kidding me? A G1 inspired game? YES!
Thank you!!! And its for gaming consoles too not just PC like that last MMO one?
I watched the trailer and I think I even saw Thrust and Blitzwing. G1 Thrust and Blitzwing??? I dont think I have ever seen their G1 selves in a video game of this era and time....ever.
Thank you to whomever for finally throwing a bone to the G1 crowd. Thats all we've ever wanted is for all of this glory to be acknowledged and brought to life.

The WFC/FOC series was great and I loved the storylines, designs and artwork but somehow has been scrapped. And the shooter aspect of it felt kind of limiting.
This game not only do we use weapons but we get to kick, punch and fight too???!!!!!
YES THANK YOU!
I cannot wait! I will be waiting at midnight that day for its release.
Last edited by NiteStar on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Screenshots Featuring Grimlock, Devastator and More

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Do you want to see some more Transformers Devastation action, directly from the Activision game itself? Of course you do, we've all seen the trailer and the gameplay - so have some more images showing off the general cast of the game, but mostly... Grimlock! Check them out below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON