This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot: Discussion Thread

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: Diaclone Reboot Dia Battles V2

Postby Cobotron » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:08 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I watched Benscollectibles last week over this, it a pretty cool figure. It's not for me, I have no need for this but I will say it's pretty awesome. Surprised how small it is.

Same here. While its gorgeous, I am not that much into the modular system. And I do find it very small too. Cobo, its as big as the Biomachine Exo skeleton right?
About an inch shorter.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
You guys had to go and news this thing, didn't you? YOU'RE ONLY MAKING ME WANT IT MORE :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:21 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:You guys had to go and news this thing, didn't you? YOU'RE ONLY MAKING ME WANT IT MORE :MAXIMAL:

Want me to help dissuade you? It costs 160$ and is as big as CW Longhaul. Would you be cool with that? Are you that passionate about this toy?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:You guys had to go and news this thing, didn't you? YOU'RE ONLY MAKING ME WANT IT MORE :MAXIMAL:

Want me to help dissuade you? It costs 160$ and is as big as CW Longhaul. Would you be cool with that? Are you that passionate about this toy?

But..b-b-buuut....but.... cool little partsforming mech of awesome stature, flexibility, trio-con, and so much more.....

$160 is enough to dissuade me yes, but everything else is like =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :MAXIMAL:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Cobotron » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 am

It cost $132.00 shipped from Amiami.
But hey, this kind of thing is my JAMM!!! ;)
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:34 am

Cobotron wrote:It cost $132.00 shipped from Amiami.
But hey, this kind of thing is my JAMM!!! ;)

The reason I didnt bring it up is because it is no longer the case, Amiami now has it priced at 1600 yen(and its sold out), so I wanted to be as realistic as possible for peopl wanting this set.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:$160 is enough to dissuade me yes, but everything else is like =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :MAXIMAL:

I know, me too, but hey if thats what you like, there are a bunch fo other takara toys to experience as well that are cheaper and could give you an idea of this without spending the big bucks. The only thing is that you wouldnt be one of the Jones' and I dont know how much that factors into everyone's want of this right now (including mine).

For instance, this is what I got for 80$ when I wanted to try out Microman (still available for that same price).

Its 4 vehicles with 4 of the most articulated figures ever. They are the size of G1 Joes and the armour on the vehicles can turn into weapons and armour for the figures:

And here they are combined (and one inch taller than Diabaltles)

Cobotron made a review of that as well: viewtopic.php?f=206&t=103137&p=1743380&hilit=kong#p1743380

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 am

weird as this might seem, i kinda want to see a version of this repainted as bw neo magmatron

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby SG Roadbuster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:25 am

new coats of paint and a new head, and this could make an amazing Prebeast Magmatron.
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 am

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:$160 is enough to dissuade me yes, but everything else is like =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :MAXIMAL:
Tons of cool stuff that is shiny and awesome

Well, That was an experience. I can dig that. These piloted mech things are turning out pretty sweet. :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:52 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Tons of cool stuff that is shiny and awesome

Well, That was an experience. I can dig that. These piloted mech things are turning out pretty sweet. :MAXIMAL:

I recomend everyone give toys like this a try, but start off slow. I myself realized that I actually don't like partsforming at all through this, nor do I like Gerwalks. I do much preffer the idea of transforming sentient robots over mechs, and the disguise aspect. I always preffer having a really nice distinctive alt mode more than having a bunch of modes that look like rearanged parts (which is why I am not the biggest fan of RID 2001 Megatron). I also guess its because I am not too imaginative with modular toys. But I am still happy with my purchase of Micromen and its a great display piece and I didnt have to break the bank to get better aquainted with toys like this.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby shajaki » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:27 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
I've never understood the... I dunno, non-appeal(?) of parts-forming. To me, a robot is a robot is a robot. Whether they transform, don't, have pilots, are sentient, ect. I guess that's why I like TF's, Eva's, Gundam's, and so on.

As for the price, sure he's small but if you handle one and experience the complexity and obvious parts count, its easy to understand. And he's not sold out everywhere!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby dragons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Randomhero wrote:I watched Benscollectibles last week over this, it a pretty cool figure. It's not for me, I have no need for this but I will say it's pretty awesome. Surprised how small it is.

I saw this on be collectibles last month but didn't watch video have no interest in this thing prefer video review first over picture review as much time it takes to make picture review it is shorter time to make video review no typing required takin pictures required
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby shajaki » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Maz has posted a great article, y'all should give it a read ;)^

Return of Diaclone - Dia-Battles V2 (TFSource Article)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:21 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

I know, me too, but hey if thats what you like, there are a bunch fo other takara toys to experience as well that are cheaper and could give you an idea of this without spending the big bucks. The only thing is that you wouldnt be one of the Jones' and I dont know how much that factors into everyone's want of this right now (including mine).

For instance, this is what I got for 80$ when I wanted to try out Microman (still available for that same price).

Its 4 vehicles with 4 of the most articulated figures ever. They are the size of G1 Joes and the armour on the vehicles can turn into weapons and armour for the figures:

And here they are combined (and one inch taller than Diabaltles)

Cobotron made a review of that as well: viewtopic.php?f=206&t=103137&p=1743380&hilit=kong#p1743380

Very different animal. Not even a fair comparison. >:oP
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:30 am

fenrir72 wrote:Very different animal. Not even a fair comparison. >:oP

Where did I write they were the same? I was just talking about the bang for your buck.

william-james88
News Staff

TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot: Tokyo Toy Show Reveals

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Evenin Seibertron! We have a pretty big update for you on TakaraTomy's Diaclone Reboot line, starting with reveals at the Tokyo Toy Show. First up, we have a pair of colored prototypes named Destruction and Assault *AND UPDATE* Dia-Battles "Scan the Universe Riot Type". Not much is known on these three, but the following small grey prototype is called the Powered Suit and is shown off with his pilot and in various stages of transformation (and in this video!). And lastly is a teaser for the upcoming Big Powered GV. Sharing some characteristics with the Reboots first figure (Dia-Battles) having similar modes, and the vague release date of summer 2016. Have a look at all the images below, and at the bottom a great video of Dia-Battles transformation. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Bad Google Translation wrote:Founder Powered Suit
Powered Suit is a diaclone members of the combat enhancement clothing that has been developed for a pair Waruda Mobile infantry troops.
Usually it has about 10 servings of forces in the activity possible and compact while 1 aircraft in any environment is operated by troops units of three to five-body organization.
Powered Suit troops have the achievements that led to the winning strategy exerts its excellent mobility in Ragnarok strategy that ended the first-order pair Waruda defense.

New Powered Suit
State-of-the-art power suit of which is designed to machine the imposition of neo-attack system.
Basic performance and mobility with the latest technology of Gigazon is remarkably improved, and has a next-generation model of a more elevated variable function equipped with a lifting resistance and transportability.
In addition there is a limited link is possible and become the Boretto module system, but cooperation with the MEC mode of die battle scan series, etc. of other models also a possible.
Powered suit has a <Powered system> to further expand amplifies the ability. Its strongest position is large heavy fighting machine's <Big Powered>.

Bad Google Translation wrote:Primary Big Powered
Powered Suit transport function three aircraft powered machine "Mach powered" provided with a "land-powered" "Earth Powered" is a large-sized heavy fighting machine to be completed by collecting coalesce.
Powered suit as is its name by being fused to the chest connector mighty in power amplification, figure to blow up the Waruda corps would just say that combat guardian deity of the P / S (Powered Suit) troops.
It should be noted, has become a foundation of which is mounted to die Akron machine after the design structure that reconstruction of the maneuver unit separated from the combat support machine powered machine that is deployed at the time of set coalescence <Boretto module system>

It was coined after the neo-attack system triggered a heavy armored machine of big powered series latest version.
Installation of variable function to the series a basic function is P / S unit of transport function and battle modes, making the fully the <Powered system> of course, inherit the new power suit by mounting a large number of <new combat feature> it's ....

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot: Discussion Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Where did I write they were the same? I was just talking about the bang for your buck.

So why compare them then? The product isn't a part of the Diaclone reboot line. Now if there was another product of the same line you position would be valid.

Bottom line is, the discussion is about Diaclone and not Microman....off topic already
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot: Tokyo Toy Show Reveals

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 pm

shajaki wrote:News Post Snip
A reaction armor upgrade? This gonna get exciting! :x

*edited by shajaki*
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot: Tokyo Toy Show Reveals

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
shajaki wrote:News Post Snip
A reaction armor upgrade? This gonna get exciting! :x
Fen, please edit giant quotes or news posts....

But yes. It is awesome to see them pushing forward with this. And equally as awesome to see that the Dia-Battles is pretty much sold out everywhere. It inspires confidence! :DANCE:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Autobot N » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
And the everyone in the Collect-O-Tron collectively soiled themselves.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:18 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

So why compare them then? The product isn't a part of the Diaclone reboot line. Now if there was another product of the same line you position would be valid.

Bottom line is, the discussion is about Diaclone and not Microman....off topic already

You do know both are from the same company right and come from the same Gi Joe brand right? And both together make up G1.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:33 pm

shajaki wrote:Really good news stuff

My pants are soiled. :-$

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

I wonder if those other guys are Waruder, but would they have modular vehicle robos?
Maybe they learned their lesson the first time, and built mechs comparable to Earth's.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Cobotron wrote:I wonder if those other guys are Waruder, but would they have modular vehicle robos?
Maybe they learned their lesson the first time, and built mechs comparable to Earth's.
They actually detail the whole storey on TT's site. Dunno how much it'll help but here's a link Googled translated. If anything, there's pretty pictures ;)

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.takaratomy.co.jp%2Fproducts%2Fdiaclone%2Fstory%2F
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:08 pm

shajaki wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I wonder if those other guys are Waruder, but would they have modular vehicle robos?
They actually detail the whole storey on TT's site. Dunno how much it'll help but here's a link Googled translated. If anything, there's pretty pictures ;)

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.takaratomy.co.jp%2Fproducts%2Fdiaclone%2Fstory%2F

OUCH! Brain hurts. Bad translation bad.

Those are the same pictures and story from the book that came with the toy. These guys are working on a much better translation, so we'll have to wait and see what this chapter actually says.

This guy kinda ...

... looks like this guy.
But a lot of his details look just like Dia-Battle's.

I don't know this for sure, but I don't think Takara made Waruda toys in the 80's. Which was kind of common. Make toys of the heros but not the villains.
I hope we will be getting some Waruda toys to Dia-battle with.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON