This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #42 Full Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #42 Full Preview

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:00 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I do admit the resolution did seem a bit strange, it worked. not completely but it worked and it was kinda funny. I'm also happy we have new Lost Lighters, though how Rodimus and Thunders work together may get interesting. Also, WTH happened to Swerve?!? Next issue deals with a disappearing Swerve and a new cyclonus avatar and a planet chasing the ship! Things about to get real :BOT:

The thing with Swerve was a quantum leap reference. It's how that how would end an episode. Also it's Luna one

How do we know it's Luna 1? I haven't heard or seen a thing. It only says a planet. It could be anything. And how do we know for certain that it is just a cute joke and not Swerve legitimately disappearing? For all we know, this is a new planet and Swerve was kidnapped by that planet

Well let's think about this, the solicit said there's a planet chasing them. Last time I checked, Luna-1 was a satellite, not a planet. It could be something new that is just being introduced. However what's more likely is that its Deathsaurus and the DJD's "Warworld" a literal **** planet that was cyberformed into a command carrier.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Flashwave » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I do admit the resolution did seem a bit strange, it worked. not completely but it worked and it was kinda funny. I'm also happy we have new Lost Lighters, though how Rodimus and Thunders work together may get interesting. Also, WTH happened to Swerve?!? Next issue deals with a disappearing Swerve and a new cyclonus avatar and a planet chasing the ship! Things about to get real :BOT:

The thing with Swerve was a quantum leap reference. It's how that how would end an episode. Also it's Luna one

How do we know it's Luna 1? I haven't heard or seen a thing. It only says a planet. It could be anything. And how do we know for certain that it is just a cute joke and not Swerve legitimately disappearing? For all we know, this is a new planet and Swerve was kidnapped by that planet

Luna 1 was my first guess, but I bet it's the Warworld from a few books back.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:04 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I think you read the solici wrong. It's not a planet chasing ship but a planet chasing the ship(lost light) and it doesn't help that Roberts confirmed fortress Maximus will be returning this year. What's max got right now? A giant moon with engines. Also there only 6 issues left this year. Enough for a big story arc to finish the year and the return of Luna one makes sense
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I think you read the solici wrong. It's not a planet chasing ship but a planet chasing the ship(lost light) and it doesn't help that Roberts confirmed fortress Maximus will be returning this year. What's max got right now? A giant moon with engines. Also there only 6 issues left this year. Enough for a big story arc to finish the year and the return of Luna one makes sense

SW's SilverHammer wrote: Last time I checked, Luna-1 was a satellite, not a planet.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:20 am

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

SW's SilverHammer wrote: Last time I checked, Luna-1 was a satellite, not a planet.

Moon planet satellite whatever. Doesn't matter, to say moon would give it away instantly. It's a solicite.

It's not the djd and their warworld. That's leading up to MTMTEs event Dying Light which isn't kicking off till the end of the year.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Moon planet satellite whatever. Doesn't matter, to say moon would give it away instantly. It's a solicite.

So say planet, an entirely false moniker for a celestial body, that is in fact a satellite. Even if it's spoilers, Roberts would've said moon or satellite, or left it vague; planet's pretty damn specific. Your thought process implies that: James Roberts doesn't know how astronomical objects are classified; doesn't understand the difference between a moon and a planet; believes his readers are ignorant of Astronomical sciences, and is "dumbing it down"; or just holds active contempt for the part of his reading base that has two brain cells to rub together. Oh, but that could just be orbital wobble. Also, if it were Luna-1, why would the solicit say "chasing"? Chasing is a synonym of "pursue"; to follow (someone or something) in order to catch or attack them. If it were luna-1 why would Fort max be chasing the Lost light, why wouldn't it be "following", or "approaching" them? The only thing that's large enough to classify as planet, or at least a dwarf planet that would be chasing them, is the Warworld, why would they be chasing the Lost light? Because they want them **** dead (again).

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Dimsheep » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:31 am

I some how missed it. Planet chasing the ship? When did this happen?
Dimsheep
Mini-Con

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:39 am

Holy crap dude lets not get all facts and numbers about planets in a series about sad gay robots that stand around and talk about their feelings. Next months comic says a planet starts chasing them. My money is on fort max and Luna one because 1. Roberts confirmed they're coming back this year and 2 Luna one has giant engines that give it mobility. I'm not getting into what's a planet and what's not because who cares especially when MTMTE solicited are always dodgey like 28 that had tailgate and Megatron on the cover with the summary "Megatron is in charge and one isn't happy about it, see what happens when he tells him he doesn't want him on the ship" I'm paraphrasing but that what it said. What happened in that issue? Nothing that was even close to that. Tailgate never interacted with Megatron and no one told Megatron off in it.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
But yet the "quantum leap" reference may also be an actual in-story disappearance. And plus, Luna 1 is powering itself somewhere. I don't believe Max could actually program the engines to find and follow the ship. And I said the ship was being chased, not that there was a planet chasing ship or whatever.

And as for this being a "filler" episode, it is actually very important to the quest: They have no map; the goal since #28 has been to find Thunderclash and get a map; Thunders is now part of the crew with some others, increasing the size and command structure. This was a very important issue, and they still need to have Ratchet and Drift return, the protectobots and Mirage leave and find the Scavengers and Grimlock. I feel the DJD will come after all that has happened and they are either fully loaded or very underhanded. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Also don't forget: Tyrest, Star Saber, Lockdown, those creatures from the portal where skids went in #21: They're all still out there :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ctrlFrequency » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Back to the debate on scientist vs artists briefly....

My thoughts are this: Cybertron had a functionalist society for awhile, remember the time chase for Brainstorm? The almost foreshadowing alternate ending with Rung being tortured? In that reality he wasn’t a scientist and he is ornamental. The arts seemed to suffer on Cybertron during the majority of they're history, when the colonies were severed, Cybertron took a more utilitarian air and didn't promote artistic endeavors, where Camian did?
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.

Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here

HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944

Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Actually no, that alternate Cybertron was deeply religious. Fubtionalists are deeply religious. They live and worship Adaptus. What function you were forged with is the function you are meant to be till death. Constructed Colds were exiled because they were not given function but created and assigned it. Same with the M3 religion. Nothing wrong with science in that universe but there, theyre all governed by Adaptus Worshippers. There wrought be performance of art there's no function for it thats for the greater good.

Plus Rung isn't a scientist in any universe. He's hes a psychiatrist.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ctrlFrequency » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I never said anything about religion. I was speaking strictly of arts.

And yes, I made a slip up, though Psychiatry is considered a science, no, a psychiatrist is not considered a scientist.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.

Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here

HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944

Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Postby TGS1985 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Motto: "Don't mistake this as some misguided act of heroism, I'm only fighting because I happen to REALLY hate those other guys."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
James Roberts has come out with an extended commentary regarding Issue #42 if anyone is interested.
TGS1985
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Hmmm, this issue seemed very... "everything wrong with MTMTE." Too much exposition, lackluster resolution, prominently advertised characters not really doing anything, threats that are supposed to be clever but just come across as stupid, hi-and-die characters, robots acting a bit too humanly, too much self-indulgence on the author's part, adding even more characters to an already bloated cast, yet another cliffhanger...

I'm particularly disappointed in how the least interesting lady bot joined the Lost Light (not the cyclops nor the giant nor the "lesbian" couple), and how Thunderclash sacrificing some of his life to type a grammatically correct "you're" didn't seem to amount to anything.
And 3 recap pages?! Come on.

Also, Comixology made this a pain in the butt to read.

But! I absolutely died at "but now they're ON FIRE!"
Last edited by Noideaforaname on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm

double post...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:50 am

Noideaforaname wrote:Hmmm, this issue seemed very... "everything wrong with MTMTE." Too much exposition, lackluster resolution, prominently advertised characters not really doing anything, threats that are supposed to be clever but just come across as stupid, hi-and-die characters, robots acting a bit too humanly, too much self-indulgence on the author's part, adding even more characters to an already bloated cast, yet another cliffhanger...

I'm particularly disappointed in how the least interesting lady bot joined the Lost Light (not the cyclops nor the giant nor the "lesbian" couple), and how Thunderclash sacrificing some of his life to type a grammatically correct "you're" didn't seem to amount to anything.
And 3 recap pages?! Come on.

Also, Comixology made this a pain in the butt to read.

But! I absolutely died at "but now they're ON FIRE!"

You have basically described most of MTMTE, but there really isn't anything wrong. That's what makes it so fun. Remember: this is a civilization, they have lots of our ideas and concepts. We seem to forget that they can do things other than make war. WE need to move beyond that. And its is a SPACESHIP! You need a large crew, and the new members are actually helpful! Thunderclash is the one with the dreams, and Rodimus is the one without a map! They needed this! And the silliness and humor works. it was actually a really fun little series.

And virtually every comic ends with a cliffhanger. It leaves you thirsting for more! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:You have basically described most of MTMTE, but there really isn't anything wrong. That's what makes it so fun. Remember: this is a civilization, they have lots of our ideas and concepts. We seem to forget that they can do things other than make war. WE need to move beyond that. And its is a SPACESHIP! You need a large crew, and the new members are actually helpful! Thunderclash is the one with the dreams, and Rodimus is the one without a map! They needed this! And the silliness and humor works. it was actually a really fun little series.

And virtually every comic ends with a cliffhanger. It leaves you thirsting for more! :BOT:

There is a difference between the enjoyable Mtmte issues and the last two awful ones I don't hate these two issue but without a doubt they are the weakest MTMTE issues so far..

The only relevant events in the last two issues were Thunderclash and a nobody joining the Lost Light and the introduction of a bunch of female characters due to complaints honestly its the only reason why their there.

Oh and the fact that Countdown's dead and pretty much ruining any chance of another guy joining the Lost Light but seriously his death was my biggest issue part of it having to do with owning his toy (the newer one with the giant cannon)

And I'm sick of Roberts shoving in his British culture in the recent issues (The music in the end is an example) not all the readers are British I'm okay with subtle references but lately he has been overloading the comics dialogue with it I think Roberts's trying to hard with the writing.

Punny does not always mean funny.

Also the Endura crap needs to stop it was a good concept and I liked it when it was not in the spotlight but now their just overusing it as some sort of plot device.

Sorry for the rant but I want to get this off my chest even if its garbled or doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Deadput on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

The dancing scenes are also starting to become cringe worthy.

And I like dancing scenes.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
It's better to read these last two issues together.

I'll admit, these rather scary looking enemies were defeated too easily, although I thought it was genuinly hilarious how they did it. They died of charisma overload because Rodimus AND Megatron entered the room at the same time. It's the kind of cheeky stuff Roberts loves.

And then at the end, with Cyclonus and Tailgate, and then there's Getaway. Man, when he's busy being a likeable enough action hero, you almost forget how slimy he can be between those two.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 10+

Postby Deadput » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:It's better to read these last two issues together.

I'll admit, these rather scary looking enemies were defeated too easily, although I thought it was genuinly hilarious how they did it. They died of charisma overload because Rodimus AND Megatron entered the room at the same time. It's the kind of cheeky stuff Roberts loves.

And then at the end, with Cyclonus and Tailgate, and then there's Getaway. Man, when he's busy being a likeable enough action hero, you almost forget how slimy he can be between those two.

Ok I admit that was funny and one of the good things in this issue.

And Getaway is seriously making me concerned due to him being really creepy lately mostly when it comes to Tailgate.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:And I'm sick of Roberts shoving in his British culture in the recent issues (The music in the end is an example) not all the readers are British I'm okay with subtle references but lately he has been overloading the comics dialogue with it I think Roberts's trying to hard with the writing.

Yeah.

I mean, it's not like US culture has a fair shot at being represented in comics.

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Sorry for the rant

Apology accepted.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Anyone else getting the feeling Getaway has a buch of dead transformers the same size as tailgate, in his room that he plays with like dolls? No? Just me? I have the uncanny feeling Getaway is a monster behind the scenes.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
He's a bit of a monster on the scene, too. That behaviour is very very unsettling, viscerally so.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Va'al wrote:He's a bit of a monster on the scene, too. That behaviour is very very unsettling, viscerally so.

I also get the feeling, that the more tailgate is with getaway, the more their conversations will end with getaway saying "don't tell anyone or we'll both get in trouble. "

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 171019F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #50 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240210D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON