This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2015 Hasbro News and Galleries

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2015 Preview Night: Transformers Combiner Wars

Postby thedistinctroom » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:22 am

Motto: "Will it blend?"
Weapon: Acid Rays
I like what I see very much... EXCEPT Bruticus' black head. :CON:
thedistinctroom
Gestalt Team Leader
Alt Mode: Giant Sombrero
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Courage: ???
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby MaverickPrime » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 am

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Looks good, but personally, I prefer the G1 deco on Superion.
Also...guys, look at the mold flash on Slingshot's shoulder...that looks like GPS :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think I know what is going on, Hasbro made him like that so that he'll inevitably crumble and they'll soon announce an exclusive G2 Alpha Bravo to replace him :lol: :lol: :lol:
I admit the bag of gold dust was funny, but this would be downright cruel :lol:
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Grahf_ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:35 am

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
So I was on the wiki trying to see just how similar in colors G1 and G2 Fireflight are and they had a link to the Giant Purple Griffin page.

Now I want a Giant Purple Griffin retool of Skylynx. I'd settle for just a repaint. Either way I want one and I want one now. We need a toy of the Giant Purple Griffin and Skylynx would work pretty damn well as one.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 am

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
ScottyP wrote:Legends Shockwave looks like a must-get. Shame that's not a deluxe.

Shame that's not a leader.

Although, it's neat that his gun mode is the size where most toys will be able to utilize him, which is probably why he got the shrinky dink treatment in the first place.

I'm not too crazy about all the apparent clear plastic on him. I realize the original had some, but not that much and it was mainly there to serve as part of his electronics gimmick.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Alpha Weltall wrote:So I was on the wiki trying to see just how similar in colors G1 and G2 Fireflight are and they had a link to the Giant Purple Griffin page.

Now I want a Giant Purple Griffin retool of Skylynx. I'd settle for just a repaint. Either way I want one and I want one now. We need a toy of the Giant Purple Griffin and Skylynx would work pretty damn well as one.

Oooh, then his combined form would be "Purple Reign!"
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

New Galleries: SDCC 2015 Transformers Robots in Disguise and PEZ Dispensers

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have more news from San Diego Comic Con 2015 via site owner Seibertron! During the Hasbro Breakfast Press event, attendees were given, for free four types of Pez sweet dispensers - you know, from way back when Pez dispensers were a thing! Check out some images from the gallery below.

In slightly more up to date news, we also have a full new gallery of Transformers Robots in Disguise products on display at the Hasbro booth, featuring the usual suspects... and Megatronus in his new Legion class incarnation, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee in their powered up modes, and a couple more interesting tidbots - check them out below, and click on any image for the full gallery!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RAcast » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
CW G2 Superion! :DANCE:

Also, digging Victorion, looks good.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

YAY PEZ! :KREMZEEK: I've always wondered what energon tasted like :-?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

SDCC 2015 Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Thanks again to Seibertron, live from San Diego Comic Con, we can bring you all the updates revealed at the Hasbro Transformers panel at the event - of which we already saw a glimpse with the Breakfast Press event and Preview Night stories. Read on below to see what's in store for giant transforming robot fans!

Transformers Combiner Wars
Hasbro showed a general Combiner Wars trailer that used clips from Devastation game and IDW motion comics.

Combiner Wars idea originated with FOC Bruticus.
Devastator being released in DeNA Battle Tactics

Transformers Devastation to be released on October 6th, 2015.

Something starts to "cyberform" parts of Earth, humans don't like that, Autobots head to city to investigate cyberforming, points to Megatron. Hasbro stressed the importance of having character arc, Optimus Prime has emotional struggle in game, lots of easter eggs for fans!
Peter Cullen as Optimus, Frank Welker as Megatron, Greg Berger as Grimlock. Greg showed up on panel and did some Grimlock voices, too.

Combiner Wars Products
One pack sets .... COMBINER WARS SERIES PACK
G2 SUPERION - As we have already seen earlier.
G2 MENASOR
Victorion - Also seen earlier, right here.
Also revealed was Scattershot, who forms torso for Betatron - another name change from Hasbro, unfortunately.

Exclusives

Platinum Blaster and Perceptor set - Exclusive to Target
Platinum Trypticon - Exclusive to Target

Masterpiece Bluestreak - Exclusive to TRU
Masterpiece Starscream - Exclusive to TRU, available 10/1

No plans for Beast combiners yet, nor are there any for Dinobots.

And what about Deluxe Groove, you might ask? A clear, non-committal 'we'll see'.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for presentation images arriving shortly, too!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Whatever happened to Hasbro's MP Sideswipe that was announced two BotCons ago?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
no technobots, vicky looks like hot garbage, just so much disappointment.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

New Gallery: SDCC 2015 Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:15 pm

And in case a written summary isn't enough for you, Seibertron has also provided a full gallery of the presentation slides used by Hasbro on the Transformers panel at San Diego Comic Con 2015! Check out below a small sample, click on any of them to find the full gallery, and refer back to this post for the details in the specifics!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:Whatever happened to Hasbro's MP Sideswipe that was announced two BotCons ago?
Presumably vaporware at this point. Speculation: perhaps a licensing issue?

I think a lot of this news is cool, but not mind blowing. Scattershot is bad, I'm not ok with a low effort retool on that one.

Excellent news about the G1 reissue availability though. Would love more detail on MP Starscream's deco.

Finally, after this panel, I really do now think the "Titan Wars" backdrop seen at Botcon was a massive screw up on someone's part, and it wasn't supposed to be seen yet, or even worse, was leftover from a canceled concept.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: SDCC 2015 Hasbro News and Galleries

Postby Munkky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
It's a shame that nothing was said about Titan Wars, not even a silhouette of an upcoming figure. All they've revealed are three box-sets of bad-looking repaints and one bad-looking retool. It looks like Hasbro really did reveal all the good stuff at BotCon... :BOOM:
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:19 pm

So people are aware, Seibertron is currently back taking photos at the Hasbro booth area.
There may be more, better images of products coming soon!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
While it's awesome that Generation 2 Combiners sets are happening, it's not for me. More money saved for Bruticus!

Computron's happening! Just... not the way I envisioned it. With the overall theme of the line is massive retoolings, kinda expected Scattorshot to be a Silverbolt retool, but... did they not retool Superion's head to better match Computron's? Really? Also, I totally get not having the name to a character anymore and having to give them a different name, but surely they could've done better than "Betatron"?

Also, no Technobot limbs? Surely they're being made as well? If not... incredibly massive missed opportunity.

Masterpiece Starscream, yay! I'd be more excited for this had I not already gotten the Hasbro Asia release exactly a year ago. :BANG_HEAD: Is there any confirmation about him coming with coronation gear?

As I said in Victorion's thread, I'm kinda into her, but not really. I'm going to get her, but it's going to be for that kickass sword for this custom idea I have, and as a display buddy for Windblade.

And with that said... what ever happened to Titan Wars?

Sabrblade wrote:Whatever happened to Hasbro's MP Sideswipe that was announced two BotCons ago?

That's what I want to know! :BANG_HEAD:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby hinomars19 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
I'm genuinely confused-why is 'Betatron' Scattershot and the 4 autobots that make Optimus Maximus??

Where are the other technobots? And why is every combiner re-tools? I get they need to get mileage out of these molds, but they took it too far fast! Blast-Off and Scattershot deserve new molds-and they have to have made enough money to achieve this by now. Something really awesome has gone bad fast, I feel...
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Speed: 5
Courage: Infinity

Postby Grahf_ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Ok, I finally have something bad to say about Victorion. Those individual bot names are pretty bad and very awkward to say. Luckily I don't care about things like that and will call them whatever I want when I get them. I wonder though, do they have a group name yet? Are they the Victoribots or the Toribots or perhaps the Vicibots maybe even the Fandobots?

I think we just need to wait a bit before we all start going too crazy about the rest of the Technobots not being shown yet. Hasbro has a habit of showing what the toys can do rather than be 100% accurate as to what it's "supposed" to look like. Remember how Superion had Dragstrip in the early photo's and how Ultra Prime did as well. Oh no! Betatron is being shown with what we know of as Optimus Maximus' team. So what? They still have time to make the rest. Maybe they'll be in wave three of next year and they don't have anything to show for that far in advance. Since they didn't want to have just one voyager per wave, maybe they're releasing Scattorshot earlier than the rest of the Technobots. Wave two of the voyagers and deluxes should be the Combaticons with either Sky Lynx or Scattorshot as the other voyager or maybe even both versions of Onslaught packed together. Wave 3 is really only starting to show up in stores now so we have almost a full year before they reveal what the third wave of deluxes will be for next year.
Last edited by Grahf_ on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahf_
Combiner
Speed: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
hinomars19 wrote:I'm genuinely confused-why is 'Betatron' Scattershot and the 4 autobots that make Optimus Maximus??

Where are the other technobots? And why is every combiner re-tools? I get they need to get mileage out of these molds, but they took it too far fast! Blast-Off and Scattershot deserve new molds-and they have to have made enough money to achieve this by now. Something really awesome has gone bad fast, I feel...

Guys, don't forget: with Victorion confirmed as a set, we possibly still have two waves after the Sky Reign bots. No way will Hasbro cheap out on this, especially with TakaraTomy wanting to release its own version!

Alpha Weltall wrote:Ok, I finally have something bad to say about Victorion. Those individual bot names are pretty bad and very awkward to say. Luckily I don't care about things like that and will call them whatever I want when I get them. I wonder though, do they have a group name yet? Are they the Victoribots or the Toribots or perhaps the Vicibots maybe even the Fandobots?

Funny thing, in Combiner War the Team Names are never mentioned and are probably trivial at this point, when everyone can possibly combine. :)
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Well this SDCC has been a huge disappointment. Just a big pile of repaints and no real new announcements. Victorion will probably look better in molded plastic rather than thick, glossy paint. The G2 repaints are nice, but I'm guessing they'll be exclusives somewhere. Scattershot is total garbage and appears to be all alone just like Cyclonus.

What's more disappointing is what they aren't doing. No beasts, no mention of Titan Wars, no new MPs (will try to get Starscream, though), and no Groove.

At least we had a good showing at BotCon.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Genericon #378 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
But does Scattorshot still have the ability to be mistransformed hilariously? If you don't know what I'm talking about, use google.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Endurance: 2

Postby Genericon #378 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Also, Bruticus, Sky Lynx and G2 Superion all look amazing.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Endurance: 2

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Genericon #378 wrote:But does Scattorshot still have the ability to be mistransformed hilariously? If you don't know what I'm talking about, use google.

No, the nosecone flips upwards for Scattershot, but since the Silverbolt mold makes a 180 when in torso mode...

O grow up :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:But does Scattorshot still have the ability to be mistransformed hilariously? If you don't know what I'm talking about, use google.

No, the nosecone flips upwards for Scattershot, but since the Silverbolt mold makes a 180 when in torso mode...

O grow up :lol:

It probably deends on how the gun attaches to the nosecone. My guess is tht it uses the molded in wheel on the shield anx not an attached kickstand for thevfron landing gear, and without that, you cant attach the gun to the landing gear to "position". You might be able to do it by partially folding the nosedown, but then he's as long out the back as he is the out the front... yeah I'm gonna leave it at that.

Could someone pst the Victorion names? I'm on a phone and flipping through the gallery is not easy.

And I really want a G2 Defensor now for that dark blue Blades.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 6

Postby MrGameAndToy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:33 pm

I think that betatron is hasbro's way of teasing computron before the technobot limbs show up. I mean the limbs they showcased are already in a different combiner, it would make no sense!
MrGameAndToy
Mini-Con
Watch MrGameAndToy on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM288 1C (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM343 4B (CA) Jonboy"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200704 2B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 1B (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON