This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2015 Hasbro News and Galleries

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2015 Hasbro News and Galleries

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wait, was there no coverage of the Robots in Disguise cartoon panel from this site?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, was there no coverage of the Robots in Disguise cartoon panel from this site?

Nothing said was really notable outside of Jack originally supposed to be in the show.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'd army build the crap out of that G2 Blackjack... but I suspect he'll only be available as part of a giftset... :-(

Ah, well. Money saved.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Zeedust » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I bet FunPub's disappointed that Hasbro's doing G2 Breakdown themselves this time. :lol:

As much as I know I should hate all this stuff, I'm still eating up these combiners. My only big complaints are that Betatron's head isn't at least recolored from Superion's (and hopefully that'll change before release) and that Victorion's combiner hands and feet seem to have gone back to just being set aside when not combined rather than having another function or at least storing somewhere.

And by writing just this one sentence about the RiD toyline, I have given it more attention than Hasbro seems willing to.

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, was there no coverage of the Robots in Disguise cartoon panel from this site?

Nothing said was really notable outside of Jack originally supposed to be in the show.

I'm still not exactly pleased that Raf didn't at least get a mention on the show. Guess him and Bee weren't such great friends after all.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Scattorshot ooks pretty good. I'm even okay with the alt mode kibble on the bottom of the jet because of his boxy look.

But did they seriously not give Betatron a different head from Superion? What gives? All the awesome remolds we've seen in the toyline, and now this. So close...yet so far...
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:I bet FunPub's disappointed that Hasbro's doing G2 Breakdown themselves this time. :lol:

As much as I know I should hate all this stuff, I'm still eating up these combiners. My only big complaints are that Betatron's head isn't at least recolored from Superion's (and hopefully that'll change before release) and that Victorion's combiner hands and feet seem to have gone back to just being set aside when not combined rather than having another function or at least storing somewhere.

And by writing just this one sentence about the RiD toyline, I have given it more attention than Hasbro seems willing to.

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

I'm still not exactly pleased that Raf didn't at least get a mention on the show. Guess him and Bee weren't such great friends after all.

Nor indeed that nobody thinks to give Fowler a heads up that Cons are back on Earth and have him help coordinate. Networking, Bee. Do you speak it?
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Shuttershock wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:I bet FunPub's disappointed that Hasbro's doing G2 Breakdown themselves this time. :lol:

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Nor indeed that nobody thinks to give Fowler a heads up that Cons are back on Earth and have him help coordinate. Networking, Bee. Do you speak it?

That, and isn't ratchet still on the planet? with the children and fowler?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Zeedust » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

That, and isn't ratchet still on the planet? with the children and fowler?

He went back to Cybertron in "Predacons Rising" Though he could have returned to Earth between shows I guess.
Zeedust
City Commander
Buy from Zeedust on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Shuttershock wrote:

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

There's a running fan theory that says that getting a planet like Cybertron fully functional again takes longer than the average human lifespan. It's entirely possible that A)Fowler's Worm food (although his replacement might be up to speed?) B) Raf's Geriatric and C) Bumblebee has distanced himself from Old-As-Dirt Rafael because Bumblebee hasn't aged. (Fans of the recent Doctor Who might recognize that)
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:48 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
I was expecting something GREAT at SDCC from Combiner Wars. But between SDCC and Botcon, here's what we got, and it's lasting us for pretty much the next year.
3 new molds: Sky Lynx, Brawl, and Shockwave.
1 new "Classic" combiner (Bruticus), plus OpMax, Sky Reign, and Victorion
1 new combiner character who is part of a classic team: Scattershot
A few new legends redecos.
2 new Leader redecos, even if they are seekers. (good odds that we'll see a new Leader at Toy Fair I think)
2 classic combiner redecos (G2 Superion and Menasor)

So again, that's only 3 completely new molds in Generations between Summer 2015 and Summer 2016: one legend, one deluxe, one voyager. I completely understand the need for redecos and retools and think Hasbro has been very creative with them, but even I'm feeling the fatigue as I look ahead.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:12 am

Looks like I have nothing to be worried about in skipping Scattershot.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby WiseMan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 am

I was excited to get Computron until I saw that they're using that godawful Silverbolt mold. Now I have no interest.
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby WiseMan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 am

Flashwave wrote:There's a running fan theory that says that getting a planet like Cybertron fully functional again takes longer than the average human lifespan. It's entirely possible that A)Fowler's Worm food (although his replacement might be up to speed?) B) Raf's Geriatric and C) Bumblebee has distanced himself from Old-As-Dirt Rafael because Bumblebee hasn't aged. (Fans of the recent Doctor Who might recognize that)

All of which matters diddly squat compared to the fact that there's a working space bridge on earth that Bumblebee knows about that's being completely ignored.
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 am

That Bot wrote:3 new molds: Sky Lynx, Brawl, and Shockwave.
Buzzsaw

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:51 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
The Generation 2 Superion looks good, but the G1 version can't top that.

G2 Menasor. Ahhh....the toy we never got finally arises. :)
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 am

WiseMan wrote:I was excited to get Computron until I saw that they're using that godawful Silverbolt mold. Now I have no interest.

Wait, so what's so 'godawful' about it? Is it the neat and tidy combined torso that has a great center of gravity which can pull off a myriad of poses, or the fact that the underkibble actually makes the ship/cannon thing look like scattershot, or the healthily chunky bot mode that also looks like scattershot? I'm confused :???:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Buzzsaw

Wasn't Buzzsaw revealed at BotCon?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Buzzsaw

So too were all of the other three That Bot listed. He was listing off all the reveals from both BotCon and SDCC.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby WiseMan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:17 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:Wait, so what's so 'godawful' about it?

With the Silverbolt mold, it's the jet that has legs sticking out past the wings. It makes the jet mode look like an afterthought.

With the Scattershot mold they've taken everything bad about the wing/leg problem and made it worse. The wings are absolutely tiny, making even more leg stick out, and then they put holes in the wings so that you can see even more of it from a top view!

And when Scattershot is in torso mode, he's orange. Period. The only other paint app is a useless, tiny bit of blue near the hips.

He's an easy pass.
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:36 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Buzzsaw

So too were all of the other three That Bot listed. He was listing off all the reveals from both BotCon and SDCC.

#-o I knew that. Brain fart.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:49 am

WiseMan wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Wait, so what's so 'godawful' about it?

With the Silverbolt mold, it's the jet that has legs sticking out past the wings. It makes the jet mode look like an afterthought.

With the Scattershot mold they've taken everything bad about the wing/leg problem and made it worse. The wings are absolutely tiny, making even more leg stick out, and then they put holes in the wings so that you can see even more of it from a top view!

And when Scattershot is in torso mode, he's orange. Period. The only other paint app is a useless, tiny bit of blue near the hips.

He's an easy pass.

1. This is a prototype of some stage.

2. The legs do not stick out past the wings on silverbolt, they are molded to be an extension of the wing. Holding him now, I cannot tell where the wing ends, the engine things on his legs are part of the wings, so no they do not stick out.

3. If looking down on him on a shelf or desk you cannot even tell silverbolt has kibble - apart from the shoulders, so it is a moot point.

4. Scattershot is chunky with stubby wings, he has legs sticking out - quite a bit more blatantly than cw silverbolt ever did; all this tells me is that scattershot works just fine as a remold of silverbolt >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Prowl4 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Maxine Prime wrote:
happylock wrote:Putting a woman's face on a man's body doesnt make a woman it makes a transgender... Pun intended.

Dude, seriously? SERIOUSLY? As a trans woman, i have to say. just NO. heck no. Trans is an adjective, not a noun. Quit dehumanizing. That's also a terrible and offensive excuse for a "pun".

To quote Chael Sonnen "other people don't have to abide by your disillusion". Get over it.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7

Postby Cadet Longarm » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Anyone here think we're going to get Ratchet, Bluestreak, Jazz, Sideswipe and Hoist in the Combiner Wars line? I hope we do.
Cadet Longarm
Mini-Con

Postby Zeedust » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Cadet Longarm wrote:Anyone here think we're going to get Ratchet, Bluestreak, Jazz, Sideswipe and Hoist in the Combiner Wars line? I hope we do.

Ratchet seems reasonable, First Aid with a new head, right? Hoist I doubt because Trailbreaker's using the Offroad mold and they've already reshelled it once (and First Aid crops up in my logic again). The others, I don't know, though Sideswipe has a slightly better chance than the other two because there's a Sunstreaker and blah blah brothers blah.
Zeedust
City Commander
Buy from Zeedust on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:10 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Cadet Longarm wrote:Anyone here think we're going to get Ratchet, Bluestreak, Jazz, Sideswipe and Hoist in the Combiner Wars line? I hope we do.

Ratchet seems reasonable, First Aid with a new head, right? Hoist I doubt because Trailbreaker's using the Offroad mold and they've already reshelled it once (and First Aid crops up in my logic again). The others, I don't know, though Sideswipe has a slightly better chance than the other two because there's a Sunstreaker and blah blah brothers blah.

I don't think we'll get too many more "Random" autobots until we get more torsos, and the fact that the torsos we have coming are recycling old figs tells me there's nothing new in the random assortment. But we don't know about 3rd and 4th qtr 2016, so who knows.

You don't need to reshell Offroad, Hoist works as a repaint. A new head, would be nice though. Love a good Ratchet, but not holding my breath and I like having a Ratchet different than First Aid, so I could go eityher way. A Sideswipe would be nice, but I think the design asthetic of the vehicle mode matches the RID15 Sideswipe pretty well. But since I'm skiopping BOTH of them...
Flashwave
City Commander
Intelligence: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics FEB230321 5B (CA) Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230284 3G (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr N 1:40 Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220555 1N (CA) Fleecs"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr N ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr I Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUL230126 112I"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 1:10 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200914 (CA) Mora"
POWER RANGERS #1 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #1 (of 3) 1:25 incv Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr H 1:10 Boom Studios Comics JUN230426 (CA) Mercado"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220587 2E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics JAN230398 4L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr P LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230508 6P (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #3 (of 3) 1:10 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #3 (of 3) 1:25 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230460 7L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230459 7K (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON