This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:47 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Oooh, this is looking really nice.
Also, hi not-so-subtle excuse for Hasbro to do a Windblade retool. Can't wait for the platinum set
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:53 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
So many negative comments ... yet these stills look awesome! That shot of Windblade and Starscream are fantastic. This looks just how I was hoping the art style would look. It looks fantastic. Kudos to Machinima and Hasbro. I'm looking forward to seeing more ... and hopefully getting some toys of characters who have a new like such as Starscream. Can't wait!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3553
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Starsaber468 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:08 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Seibertron wrote:So many negative comments ... yet these stills look awesome! That shot of Windblade and Starscream are fantastic. This looks just how I was hoping the art style would look. It looks fantastic. Kudos to Machinima and Hasbro. I'm looking forward to seeing more ... and hopefully getting some toys of characters who have a new like such as Starscream. Can't wait!

Agreed I really like how it looks plus it reminds me of asura's wrath for some reason probably the fact it looks somewhat like an combination of anime, and CGI
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

High res images and press release from Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:49 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
HASBRO STUDIOS AND MACHINIMA PREVIEW "TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS" DURING CANNES LIONS FESTIVAL

Panel featuring Hasbro Chief Content Officer Stephen Davis and Machinima Chief Executive Officer Chad Gutstein unveiled first-look images and plot details from the forthcoming digital series

Included among the reveals will be the announcement of a TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS Prelude Series launching on June 28

Los Angeles CA, JUNE 23, 2016 -Hasbro Inc. and Machinima co-hosted a panel during the Cannes Lions Festival offering Transformers fans a first glimpse of TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS, a new animated series debuting August 2nd on social entertainment platform go90™ in the US, AMC Networks International Iberia in Spain and Portugal and in other territories to be announced at a later date. TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS, developed and produced by Machinima, marks the first time the iconic franchise has launched a digital-first series.

Moderated by OMD CEO Monica Karo, the fireside chat with Hasbro Chief Content Officer Stephen Davis and Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein unveiled plot details and never-before seen images (link below) from the highly-anticipated series. The discussion covered the 30-plus year legacy of the Transformers franchise and the new creative partnership between Hasbro and Machinima. The pair shared details on the development process behind TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS, as well as insights into how the two companies’ combined forces to reimagine the iconic Transformers IP for today’s social-first, content-driven landscape.

Additionally, Davis and Gutstein announced that a prelude series to TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS will launch on June 28 on YouTube, Facebook and go90. The four-episode PRELUDE TO THE COMBINER WARS will help prepare fans for the full series by revealing the current state of Cybertron from the distinctive points-of-view of four characters.

"Machinima is known as a leader of the digital content space and has tremendous creative talent within their network. We are excited to partner with them to tell a new kind of Transformers story for the digital generation," said Stephen Davis, Chief Content Officer of Hasbro. "The writers, artists and voice actors working on this series are all true fans of the franchise, and their love for these characters really shines through in COMBINER WARS."

"Transformers is one of the most beloved franchises in the world and Machinima is thrilled to work with Hasbro to bring Transformers: Combiner Wars to today’s social video platforms," said Chad Gutstein, CEO of Machinima. "Our audience loves these characters and COMBINER WARS has been a true ‘for the fans, by the fans’ effort. We can’t wait to give fans a preview of the series during Cannes."

FIRST LOOK IMAGES!!!

Note from Seibertron.com: these images are the same as the ones shown earlier, but are unwatermarked for your viewing pleasure. The images are high res, which you can view by clicking on the image to view the full size image.

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Menasor

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Original Character Maxima

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Windblade 1

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Windblade 2

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Windblade 3

Machinima Trasformers Combiner Wars Starscream

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH and TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and consumer products licensing, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection with children and families around the world. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, ALLSPARK PICTURES, create entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film, digital and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families. Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).

ABOUT MACHINIMA
Machinima is the most notorious purveyor and cultivator of fandom and gamer culture. The FIRST! Many2Many programing service (M2M), we create, curate and celebrate the best fandom and gamer content across multiple video platforms. As one of the largest online video platforms in the world, Machinima programs to a community passionate about video games, animation, movies, TV, and the other endless forms of pop culture. With a focus on scripted, topical and gaming programing, and a talent network of thousands of programmers, Machinima reaches over 170M viewers each month.mers, Machinima reaches over 170M viewers each month.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3553
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Allenspurs » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:53 am

Seibertron wrote:So many negative comments ... yet these stills look awesome! That shot of Windblade and Starscream are fantastic. This looks just how I was hoping the art style would look. It looks fantastic. Kudos to Machinima and Hasbro. I'm looking forward to seeing more ... and hopefully getting some toys of characters who have a new like such as Starscream. Can't wait!

I really like the artwork style, I am super excited for this
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby karyuudo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:48 am

This looks really good! I'm hoping the whole series will give us the G1 nostalgia that we've been looking for :)
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch karyuudo on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So, a series of eight 7-minute episodes is gonna be getting a prelude of four more episodes to lead up to it.

Sure, what's another 28 minutes on top of 56? 84 minutes still ain't that much to shake a stick at. It's not even a full hour and a half.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:57 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sabrblade wrote:So, a series of eight 7-minute episodes is gonna be getting a prelude of four more episodes to lead up to it.

Sure, what's another 28 minutes on top of 56? 84 minutes still ain't that much to shake a stick at. It's not even a full hour and a half.

But if they are smart, and edit it all together for a single film experience for a DVD/BRD release like GI Joe Resolute, it could be amazing.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So, a series of eight 7-minute episodes is gonna be getting a prelude of four more episodes to lead up to it.

But if they are smart, and edit it all together for a single film experience for a DVD/BRD release like GI Joe Resolute, it could be amazing.

o.supreme wrote:GI Joe Resolute
o.supreme wrote:amazing.
/:)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Firepower: 7

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I really like the looks of this. I'm not crazy about Maxima just being a Windblade pallet swap with a new head, but I guess she looks alright, I'd buy her figure. That Starscream though, I would definitely buy a figure of that, even if his head came off. The coloring on his arms remind me of the Marvel comics shade of blue.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 230
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

I get everyone has their right to their own opinion, but for me, there has never been a better animated version of GI Joe than Resolute. In fact I've shown it to several people and I always get the same comments that they wish more GI Joe series would have been like that.

It has great animation, top notch voice acting, Enough IP recognition to keep fans of the 80's series happy, but definitely for adults, which is a plus.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:21 pm

o.supreme wrote:top notch voice acting

I liked Resolute, and the acting wan't bad by any means, but the thing only had four voice actors for some 20-or-so characters which pulled me out of the show too much.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:26 pm

For a micro series, I thought that was one of its strengths, reminded me of the 80's when one actor would play multiple roles. I but I get its not for everyone. Btw...I guess there's no word yet on any of the VA's for Combiner Wars?

I wouldn't be surprised if Kristy Wu reprised the role of Windblade...I have no idea for the others.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I mean, just because it's short doesn't mean it can't be good. If anything it'll be nice to have a short hour and a half series to blitz through.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby karyuudo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:38 pm

o.supreme wrote:

Agreed! GI JOE Resolute should have continued. It was awesome. Characters getting killed off. Real world terror. Hands down it was the way GI JOE should have been from day 1.
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch karyuudo on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I'm diggin' the character design for the show. Can't wait to see it.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
These pics look awesome. I can't wait to see what the show has to offer.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Thank Primus! No longer ka-Chin designs! :DANCE:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Zeedust » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Emerje wrote:I'm not crazy about Maxima just being a Windblade pallet swap with a new head, but I guess she looks alright, I'd buy her figure.

Her shoulder pads look to me like they're changed too, plus the shot doesn't offer a great look at her wings and her lower body is out of frame, so there might be more new than her head.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Zeedust wrote:
Emerje wrote:I'm not crazy about Maxima just being a Windblade pallet swap with a new head, but I guess she looks alright, I'd buy her figure.

Her shoulder pads look to me like they're changed too, plus the shot doesn't offer a great look at her wings and her lower body is out of frame, so there might be more new than her head.

Judging from what we can see of the jet mode I wouldn't expect much more to be different. The wings are definitely the same.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Re: High res images and press release from Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
This is looking great! But in my personal opinion this:

Seibertron wrote:Image

Looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fnzcAFy8d8
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Everybody's like "New Starscream!" but I'm pretty sure that's just Machinima's interpretation of IDW's interpretation of his CW Leader figure.

Maxima looks neat.

I agree with whoever said it looks like Windblade in the dark in the pic with Menasor rather than being Maxima's alt mode but we'll see.

I like the art style overall.

nobody said the previews would be 7 minutes each, or at the quality of the full show. They could be like the RWBY off-week episodes, Ken burns pan and zoom "animation" with lots of narration.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 am

That Bot wrote:I agree with whoever said it looks like Windblade in the dark in the pic with Menasor rather than being Maxima's alt mode but we'll see.

Even if we pretend the colors aren't a perfect 1:1 match to Maxima in that shot, the lights should give it away. Windblade's blue lights wouldn't look like Maxima's purple lights in the dark, that's not how lights work. It's definitely Maxima in that shot.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:51 am

I hope they give Starscream a better voice than he had in the Devestation game
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Re: High res images and press release from Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:33 am

Decepticon Stryker wrote:Look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fnzcAFy8d8

Hyperspace travel has been seen in several TF series, as well as other science fiction series, pretty sure they did not copy the cheese of 70's Dr. Who

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON