This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby X3ROhour » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:46 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
Kurona wrote:By the by, took another look at the prelude.

Since Menasor's legs are both the same car mold with the hood folded in front like a kneecap, seems he has Wildrider as a leg instead of Offroad.

Perhaps the show will show us the "breakup" and need for his replacement. We know why Alpha Bravo and Powerglide are the new Aerialbots.
It's certainly part of the tale that I would be interested in knowing about.
Maybe Wildrider quit.
Maybe he dies or switches sides or becomes a recluse, drunk because he lost faith after 4 million years of PTSD and Megatons betrayal and the wholesale price of it all.
Maybe he takes Prowls place in Optimus Maximus, teaching the Autobots how to Gestalt properly.

I don't know.

If utilized well, could make for some good bit of writing.
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
There is a lot of potential here, but things are so limited by time...I don't know how they are going to fit it all in.

First you have to establish what is going on in the current world (some odd melding of the original Transformers, and IDW) and what the current conflict is.

What does it really mean to be a combiner? There have been conflicting theories over the years as to whether a combiner, when merged has its own consciousness, or if it is the fusion of the minds of its members. Devastator is unique in that he has only one transformation mode (which makes it fitting that in most cases he was the *first* combiner). Most other "Scramble City" combiners have the ability to switch out limbs within their teams, and with other teams, though in north America this was never really seen. In Japan, it was made use of more often. I also like the idea that if an Autobot or Decepticon limb could infiltrate another combiner it could actually cause them pain and disable them temporarily (as seen in Scramble City). Another aspect is the idea that warriors like Cyclonus, or even Optimus Prime with the enigma of combination could literally summon any transformer to merge with them. Though this is an aspect of the CW toy brand, again we have no way of knowing at the moment if this will play into the series or not.

Also I'm still wondering how they will be portrayed. The one video at SDCC showed Menasor speaking. Of course I want a little something more than "SMASH! DESTROY!" , but was it just me...or did Menasor sound a little *urban*? for lack of a better term.

If we look back to Menasors dialogue from the OTF episode Masquerade I think that was a nice balance. Not a completely out of control rage monster, but still quite formidable and obviously limited because of the melding of 5 minds. I also like the idea that a combiner could have more than 5 or 6 members. First Aid was a medic and pacifist, so it would make sense that they would get a new member (Rook) to take his place in most situations. Or if a member happened to die, or be mortally wounded in battle, they could get another to take his place. Though it should not be something flippant (as seen in the IDW comics recently where Sky Reign and Galvatronus literally were hodgepodged together out of whoever happened to be there).

There should be some kind of compatibility factor scale. Kind of like what was seen in Pacific Rim. Different Transformer minds should have a certain level of compatibility in order to merge IMHO.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Deadput » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
jON3.0 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So, on the voice acting side, it's mostly YouTube people, minor actors, and Patrick Seitz.

Oh, my mistake. I thought I was on Seibertron not TFW for a sec there. Gotta say that's a pretty insulting statement, bro. I've been a professional voice actor for 7 years and worked on over 3,000 jobs. I've done character work for cartoons on FOX, a dozen or so video game characters, toys, commercials and everything in between. I get that you're in love with Seitz but don't insult the professionalism of the rest of the cast. New media stars are getting hired more and more often than tv and movie stars are for animation, that's just the way the industry is evolving. It's free publicity for the jobs they do for the clients. They bring their fans with them. That being said, I'm not the only one with acting chops and plenty of experience to work in animation.

I think your voice work is great Jon really enjoy your stuff here and on Xcom which is the only game I have been playing recently!

What I said about Budget was just me being angry about people complaining about this show.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:
jON3.0 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So, on the voice acting side, it's mostly YouTube people, minor actors, and Patrick Seitz.

Oh, my mistake. I thought I was on Seibertron not TFW for a sec there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont let these people get to you Jon, you know your awesome!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Combiners Wars - What are you waiting for?

Postby Transformers Matrix » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:01 am

Motto: ""But one day... an Autobot shall rise from our ranks... and use the power of the Matrix... to light... our darkest hour"..."
Everybory is waiting for the series about Transformers Combiners Wars. I would like to know, what are you waiting for about this new production.

I think it is going to be amazing!!!...

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62poUMLEVXA

All Transformers fans in the world,... "Get Together",..."TILL ALL ARE ONE"

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMFTPDXUJza9KpDnvg5NLA
Transformers Matrix
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Watch Transformers Matrix on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers Combiners Wars - What are you waiting for?

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:51 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I like how it's been pegged as being a more mature series compared to what we have in the past supposedly. I mean I do find the RiD 2015 to be good fun and Prime is also mature in some ways itself at least for a kids show. I appreciate the slapstick elements of RiD 2015. Humor is part of the brand in my eyes. I just would love to see the CW series on Machima to definitely set the bar higher though for TF fiction.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:25 pm

Amusing. I'm looking forward to this. I mean the voice acting I am kind of on the fence about, but I am looking forward to this.
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The video isn't playing for me. A Chinese message shows that says, according to Google Translate, "This video does not exist!"
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

New Clip - Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars: Megatron vs Constructicons

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Our by-now old friend 52Toys from the Weibo social network has uploaded a video from Cybertron Con 2016, which features a clip from the upcoming Combiner Wars animated series from Machinima and Hasbro! The clip, shown during the event, shows a fight between Megatron and the Contructicons, in an arena looking location. Check it out embedded below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:18 am

Video link doesn't work. Just a small icon of some blue cube?

YouTube link, please!
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Randomhero » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:23 am

https://youtu.be/gpG0O1TC_XE

Best I could find
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 am

Randomhero wrote:https://youtu.be/gpG0O1TC_XE

Best I could find

Brilliant! Cheers!

Although the uploader wrote "combaticons" instead of "constructicons" by mistake.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Randomhero » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:40 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:https://youtu.be/gpG0O1TC_XE

Best I could find

Brilliant! Cheers!

Although the uploader wrote "combaticons" instead of "constructicons" by mistake.

That's a actually a thing for some reason. A lot of stuff is promoting them as combaticons for some reason
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Maybe - and I'm just letting the speculengine loose here - they're combaticons in the sense that they're part of that combat arena looking thing? :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 am

Man, that is some choppy movement on the bots (despite all the background and camera movement looking just fine).

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:00 am

Sabrblade wrote:Man, that is some choppy movement on the bots (despite all the background and camera movement looking just fine).

Yeah, I am not a fan. I really dont like that style of action where you dont see the origin of the blows and instead just see the bot flying off after being hit.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hero Alpha » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Looks pretty good, I admit its not as fluid as I would hope, but still good. Can't wait to watch these. What I wish Hasbro would do, would be a show that is set during the 20 yrs between G1 Sunbow season 2 and the movie. Same style animation, just updated similar to Devastation. So much to cover there like Kup, Hot Rod and the bunch reuniting with the Ark gang, Metroplex/Autobot city, Decepticons taking Cybertron and Unicron build up. But maybe thats just me.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tyrannacon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Moonshot wrote:Looks pretty good, I admit its not as fluid as I would hope, but still good. Can't wait to watch these. What I wish Hasbro would do, would be a show that is set during the 20 yrs between G1 Sunbow season 2 and the movie. Same style animation, just updated similar to Devastation. So much to cover there like Kup, Hot Rod and the bunch reuniting with the Ark gang, Metroplex/Autobot city, Decepticons taking Cybertron and Unicron build up. But maybe thats just me.

I wouldn't mind this either. I'd be mostly and completely alright and on board with this idea. I doubt it will happen though unfortunately, but you never know.
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
If I'm honest, I'm very meh on the idea and I would like to see them continue to tell new stories that aren't constricted by G1. Give me an animated series set in the idw time line or a new time line altogether. The original G1 had its time in the sun, let it enjoy retirement.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:18 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:If I'm honest, I'm very meh on the idea and I would like to see them continue to tell new stories that aren't constricted by G1. Give me an animated series set in the idw time line or a new time line altogether. The original G1 had its time in the sun, let it enjoy retirement.

Yes, it had it's time in the sun, and then it bowed down ;)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:24 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:If I'm honest, I'm very meh on the idea and I would like to see them continue to tell new stories that aren't constricted by G1. Give me an animated series set in the idw time line or a new time line altogether. The original G1 had its time in the sun, let it enjoy retirement.
Not to mention that every time Hasbro kept getting asked at each BotCon about either a continuation, a season 2.5, or a remake of the G1 cartoon, they always sounded less than ethusiastic about the idea, and accompanied their responses with the usual "We prefer to move forward with the brand and look to the past for mere inspiration and influence for new ideas, rather than stay stuck in the past" shtick.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I think it just goes to show how fickle (or diverse) the fanbase is, or how confusing Hasbro seems to be. See for me, really I haven't been collecting toys for about a decade (with few exceptions). I am mostly in it for the animated series and comics, which is a constant source of frustration.

I would love to see a truly, honest to goodness continuation of the original animated series. Either taking pace in the time period between season 2 and the movie, or something Post-Rebirth. Hasbro keeps saying "no" because basically there is no money (or far less money) to be made in animated series and comics. Toys is where they make their money (well and now the movie franchise but...)

So they sought to appeal to fans, and in a way it succeeded. Between Combiner Wars and Titans Return, a fan can *almost* relive the experience of getting the entire 86 & 87 toy line, plus a good amount of new stuff. but again those are just TOYS. I want to see a absolutely true continuation of the original animated series, but I know its never going to happen.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Kurona » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Plus, honestly... a continuation of the original G1 series wouldn't work because it didn't really have a particular story behind it. It was just fun, silly situation-of-the-week episodes that had no real connection, was pretty mindless, and never went anywhere. Which is fun, but there's not really any story to continue there.
Now if you're talking about something like Marvel G1, Beast Wars, Animated etc. who do have stories and characters that went places and it would be great to see a continuation of - especially given the latter's cancellation - then that makes sense. But beyond the pure basic thinking birthed from nostalgia of "OMG MY CHILDHOOD SHOW'S BACK", what could you really do with the G1 cartoon?
It's why I was initially scared at the rumours of Combiner Wars being a G1 continuation because it's (trying to be) a serious story which doesn't really fit in at all with G1.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Tyrannacon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:01 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Yes, it had it's time in the sun, and then it bowed down ;)

Ah. Hah. See what you did there. Clever! ;)

Sabrblade wrote:
Not to mention that every time Hasbro kept getting asked at each BotCon about either a continuation, a season 2.5, or a remake of the G1 cartoon, they always sounded less than ethusiastic about the idea, and accompanied their responses with the usual "We prefer to move forward with the brand and look to the past for mere inspiration and influence for new ideas, rather than stay stuck in the past" shtick.

I recall this as well from reading it somewhere actually. It was either on a news group's archive I went through, TFWiki, or BWTF that lead to it. Can't really remember exactly.
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON