This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:03 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
It was a bit of a short first episode (5 minutes ) . I think they said about 7-8 minutes each. I guess we'll know next week if that was an exaggeration or not. usually in a short series like this, the last episode is a bit longer. I'm thinking the last episode will probably be closer to the 10 minute mark.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby MrBlack » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:07 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
o.supreme wrote:
MrBlack wrote:Regardless of whether Windblade should be able to take down a combiner, that's not what a Mary Sue is.

from Wikipedia
the "Mary Sue" is judged as a poorly developed character, too perfect and lacking in realism to be interesting

sounds about right to me.

It was a five minute episode. None of the characters were developed, or were at all interesting (and I fear that will be a problem moving forward).

At this point, all she's done is take down a combiner. We don't know how hard that actually is in this continuity; Optimus and Megatron may be taking them down left, right, and center later on. There isn't even remotely enough material available yet to state whether Windblade is a Mary Sue or not. Such characters also tend to be author inserts or wish-fulfillment characters, and there is no indication that is going on here.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:26 am

MrBlack wrote:We don't know how hard that actually is in this continuity; Optimus and Megatron may be taking them down left, right, and center later on. There isn't even remotely enough material available yet to state whether Windblade is a Mary Sue or not. Such characters also tend to be author inserts or wish-fulfillment characters, and there is no indication that is going on here.

A combiner should never be that easy to take down in ANY continuity. I know it happened in the original series (both cartoon and comic), in the Japanese series like HM, MF, & Victory, RiD and in Energon. It's always been a point of contention with me. Additionally, if anyone doesn't think that the insertion of Windblade wasn't at the demand (wish-fulfillment) of Hasbro, they should think again.

speaking in general about combiners. It just saddens me that 30+ years into the franchise we have not yet had any medium that properly presents them (perhaps the DW comics but unfortunately that was short lived). A combiner becomes "more than the sum of its parts" so, the typical 5 member "scramble" type combiner should be able to stand up to a small army, say no less than 25 single transformers, some "super weapon", another combiner, or larger transformer such as Sky Lynx or Omega Supreme. The "weak spot" contrivance for times such as Devastator's first appearance and Bruticus' second is plausible on occasion, but you'd think after a period of time, they would have worked that out. My apologies for the rant. I guess its just frustrating when you see something you enjoy so much, and your absolute favorite part about it, never quite hits the mark it was intended to. I'm definitely going to keep watching this series to see where it goes.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Combiners taken down too easily in Victory? I seem to recall liokaiser being a monster...and the one bot to truly deal with him being an uber powerful but out of control sometimes Victory Leo. Another thing about combiners is though, you have to be very careful about how you handle them in the fiction as they can invalidate a lot and ruin story potential if used incorrectly.

Their is also something to consider the potential difference between how the Japanese look at combiners to others. Given the abundance of combining robots there.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Combiners taken down too easily in Victory? I seem to recall liokaiser being a monster...and the one bot to truly deal with him being an uber powerful but out of control sometimes Victory Leo. Another thing about combiners is though, you have to be very careful about how you handle them in the fiction as they can invalidate a lot and ruin story potential if used incorrectly.

Their is also something to consider the potential difference between how the Japanese look at combiners to others. Given the abundance of combining robots there.

I am a huge fan of LioKaiser, even had the original toy for a time. But part of my problem with Victory was that the leaders (Star Sabre & Deathsaurus) were roughly the same size as the combiners. I know that works well for the scaling of toys, but it diminishes their importance. LioKaiser was a great fighter, but when he is looking eye-to-eye with Victory Sabre, or Deathsaurus, instead of towering over them, the threat of their presence is greatly diminished.

I mean if in the original cartoon Devastator was basically the same size as Jetfire Skyfire, would he have been nearly as impressive? no, not at all.
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword

Voice acting is WEAK. Menasor sounds like an angry child. No gravitas to his voice at all. And not even humans die that easily. 2 deaths in this show already, I could see any human surviving; or at least they'd put up a better fight than what was displayed here. Any small child would have survived that, and they expect us to buy that that little smack against a wall would be enough to kill a Cybertronian? NAH! Even if she was a Camien, they can't be that much weaker than their Cybertronian brethren.

I don't want to hear ANYBODY talk about how ROTF Devastator got punked out in that movie. Even he got a more deserved death than any of the combiners in this "show" so far. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby JazZeke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:28 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
o.supreme wrote:
MrBlack wrote:We don't know how hard that actually is in this continuity; Optimus and Megatron may be taking them down left, right, and center later on. There isn't even remotely enough material available yet to state whether Windblade is a Mary Sue or not. Such characters also tend to be author inserts or wish-fulfillment characters, and there is no indication that is going on here.

A combiner should never be that easy to take down in ANY continuity. I know it happened in the original series (both cartoon and comic), in the Japanese series like HM, MF, & Victory, RiD and in Energon. It's always been a point of contention with me. Additionally, if anyone doesn't think that the insertion of Windblade wasn't at the demand (wish-fulfillment) of Hasbro, they should think again.

That would make her more of a Scrappy or a Wesleythan a Mary Sue. I doubt any of the executives at Hasbro see themselves as a robotic geisha. They invested a lot of hype into the creation of this character, and whether we like the outcome or the fan-built bot poll or not, they're going to cash in on that hype.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:46 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Machinima's Combiner Wars series, centered around characters from the toyline of the same name, held some promise for me when we saw the trailers and screencaps from various conventions. It's premise looked good, original, and tied in nicely with the rest of the current fiction. I was hopeful. However, after watching the first episode, that hope is fading. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, perse, but there's a formula when it comes to a good series opener based off of the gigantic robots we know and love: It has to have Good Characters with good development, a good setting and premise, a nice production quality, and it should set you up well for what the rest of the series is going to bring. This is what made cartoons like Beast Wars, Prime, and, in some of those cases, the original G1 Cartoon so close and unforgettable to a lot of us. Combiner Wars fails on most of these grounds.

Let's break down the first episode.
The series starts off with a fight through a space bridge between Menasor and Computron. Menasor literally tears Computron to shreds, and the autobot combiner ends up "dying". We hit our first road block here. We're immediately thrown into a intense action sequence without any backstory at all. This would be completely fine by me if the rest of the episode tried to explain what's happening, but it doesn't. However, the episode is only five minutes long, so I will let this slide in hopes that future episodes will go into more detail.

Maxima and Windblade take on Menasor

Windblade and new fembot Maxima show up to try to defeat the remaining combiner. We get a small bit of exposition here, but it's only a few lines, and it only explains that Windblade used to be a "City Speaker", meaning she could talk to "Titans" (Metroplex, Fort Max, Etc.) We already knew she could do this, but it's nice to see Machinima try to keep this new series grounded in existing fiction. However, Menasor delivers this dialogue in the new "I will start yelling at random intervals for no reason" voice Machinima gave him, so it's not very easy to listen to. Roadblock #2 comes in the form of the animation. It's pretty good on the whole, but sometimes it's really smooth and fluid, and then sometimes it's broken up and choppy like a motioncomic. So, during the fight between Windblade, Maxima, and Menasor, due to this mix of the two, it's hard to keep track of what exactly is happening.

The series tries to pump some tension into the episode by having Windblade get caught by Menasor, and Maxima feels the only way to save her is to make the Ultimate Sacrifice. She becomes the embodiment of the "Friend/mentor/parent/sibling dies" trope to give Windblade a bit of a backstory and a reason to hate combiners. This doesn't work mainly because she already hates combiners. It's not like she had this drastic change of heart only when her (Friend? Sister? Pupil? We don't know. We never find out) dies. The tension comes across as forced and doesn't get any emotion out of the viewer, especially since the character dying is completely new and we know nothing about her.

Maxima, a new Female Autobot, does two minutes in.

Windblade, now freed, takes on Menasor alone. This isn't a problem, however, because somehow she takes him down in literally two swipes of her sword; about 5 seconds. This would also be excusable if she watched her friend die and went into a Anakin Skywalker-style fit of rage and just started beating up Menasor, but no. She just randomly gets this power with no real change in emotion.
Image This image is finally revealed to be Windblade, cutting Menasor in half, winning a fight that was much easier than it should have been

She kills Menasor after he worries her for a moment, talking about how he and her are alike, both killers. It's just that she uses a good cause to justify it. This story ark holds promise, and it will be interesting to see where it goes. After Windblade leaves, Computron starts waking up. The episode ends with a still shot of Optimus Prime, in the desert we saw him in in his spotlight video.

ImageWindblade leaves after smashing Computron's Autobot badge

All and all, the series does have its flaws, but it's the first episode. I'm willing to give it a chance, and I recommend you do, too. It's only five minutes of your time, and it gives us the Transformers action we all know and enjoy.

Wanna see the episode for yourself? Check it out at https://www.go90.com/ or on the Go90 mobile app!

Or you could just watch it right here:

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:47 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I can't quite pin down why I didn't like it, but... I just couldn't enjoy this at all. I think Menasor sums up every problem I have with this.

-He speaks in full sentences. What?
-He went from Jock to megalomaniac "there's gonna be an army of us mwahaha!" villain. Is he some care-about-himself berserker or a fanatic for his 'race'? Well I guess we won't find out now because...
-He went down so friggin' easily. Even if Windblade is supposed to be extremely powerful this just feels so disappointing.
-It feels like he and Computron are treated less as combiners and just... really big dudes.

Also it's nice to know we got a new character just so she could die. Yay. What was the point in Maxima? Like... honestly, what was the point in her? We learned nothing about her, Windblade already has motivation to kill everything as shown from the prelude, and it kind of makes little sense for such a revenge-focused character as Windblade to have a partner like that. Maxima was pointless, confusing, and dead literally within two minutes of her introduction. Why was she there?

And after we got some really creative fight scenes in IDW's Combiner Wars what with taking advantage of the HFG's transformation from foot to fist, detaching limbs for projectiles, separating part of themselves to avoid attacks... we're right back to G1's "they're just big guys that punch each other and sometimes have a gun". Menasor didn't even use his sword, goddamn.

Oh yeah and the animation was choppy and the voice acting wasn't that great. Which I can kind of put up with if there's something entertaining... but there wasn't. There just wasn't.

I realise I shouldn't judge a series based on the first episode - and I don't - but first impressions count for a lot, and this was not a good start. I'm hoping some of the later episodes can have something I can enjoy.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Haven't watched the episode yet as I can't figure go90 out on my computer (don't have an Internet-able mobile device), but I'm chuckling at all the negative comments about the episode in this thread. I mean, what were you guys really expecting from a mini-webseries of eight 5-7 minute-long episodes? This isn't gonna be anywhere near the level of quality one would get out of a full fledged long-running television series of 22-minute-long episodes. It's obviously gonna stand among the kind of shows that Transformers: Cyber Missions and Sanjou Gattai Transformers Go! were.

Were people really expecting this to be something like "The next Transformers: Prime" or something? It's another bottom-of-the-barrel mini-cartoon. The people making this series can only do so much with what little they have to work with, no matter how much effort and quality work they put into it. You can't have too much depth or complexity within a 5-minute time constraint. That's why something like Thomas the Tank Engine has lasted for so long in this format: It keeps things simple.

I might be able to have a better grasp on the complaints once I get to see the episode (why they put it on such an obscure media format that not everyone has access to is beyond me), but for now, it honestly doesn't surprise me that it isn't on the same level as a mainstream televised cartoon series, but is instead on a level of its own.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:04 am

Sabrblade wrote:Haven't watched the episode yet as I can't figure go90 out on my computer (don't have an Internet-able mobile device), but I'm chuckling at all the negative comments about the episode in this thread. I mean, what were you guys really expecting from a mini-webseries of eight 5-7 minute-long episodes? This isn't gonna be anywhere near the level of quality one would get out of a full fledged long-running television series of 22-minute-long episodes. It's obviously gonna stand among the kind of shows that Transformers: Cyber Missions and Sanjou Gattai Transformers Go! were.

Were people really expecting this to be something like "The next Transformers: Prime" or something? It's another bottom-of-the-barrel mini-cartoon. The people making this series can only do so much with what little they have to work with, no matter how much effort and quality work they put into it. You can't have too much depth or complexity within a 5-minute time constraint. That's why something like Thomas the Tank Engine has lasted for so long in this format: It keeps things simple.

I might be able to have a better grasp on the complaints once I get to see the episode (why they put it on such an obscure media format that not everyone has access to is beyond me), but for now, it honestly doesn't surprise me that it isn't on the same level as a mainstream televised cartoon series, but is instead on a level of its own.

Thought this sort of comment would come...
I'm not expecting anything amazing. I'm not expecting to be blown away by this. I'm expecting something mildly enjoyable to spend a few minutes on.
... and it couldn't even do that. There's just not anything in the episode I could find enjoyable. It's just a confusing, loud, irritating, nonsensical mess.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kyleor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:15 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
It looks like the best option for this series will be to wait until it's fully released, and someone splices the "episodes" together into one video.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Madeus Prime » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:17 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Kurona wrote:Thought this sort of comment would come...I'm not expecting anything amazing. I'm not expecting to be blown away by this. I'm expecting something mildly enjoyable to spend a few minutes on.... and it couldn't even do that. There's just not anything in the episode I could find enjoyable. It's just a confusing, loud, irritating, nonsensical mess.

The perfect summarization of my opinion.

The animation is really choppy, more so than I expected. I dislike how intelligent Menasor is here, though I think a more G1, gravelly voice for him would've helped.

And I super dislike the trope of "Loved one dies so I'm going to kill them all". Less Combiner Wars and more Attack on Combiner if you ask me.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:35 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Haven't watched the episode yet as I can't figure go90 out on my computer (don't have an Internet-able mobile device), but I'm chuckling at all the negative comments about the episode in this thread. I mean, what were you guys really expecting from a mini-webseries of eight 5-7 minute-long episodes? This isn't gonna be anywhere near the level of quality one would get out of a full fledged long-running television series of 22-minute-long episodes. It's obviously gonna stand among the kind of shows that Transformers: Cyber Missions and Sanjou Gattai Transformers Go! were.

Very true. Honestly I wasn't expecting too much from it myself. I mean I know the creatives behind it have been trying to build hype for this. Aiming to make it a mature series. In some ways I guess it was? But 5 minutes didn't really show that much maturity. I'd have to see the series in entirety before I could say if it was mature or not. This may be just me being me of course. I just had hoped the episodes would be a bit longer because 5-7 minutes just goes by too quickly. I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy this, and I'm definitely not expecting something on par with TFP even here.

I remain mostly neutral though myself. I'm eager to see additional episodes to make a more informed and inclusive opinion though.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay... finally got Go90 figured out, and just found a YouTube upload of the episode (but which has now been taken down, darn it).

So now that I've watched it, I see that the problems don't lie with the format (it being a 5-minute-long mini-cartoon) as I thought, but with what the series has set out to do. To put it bluntly, it is everything that was wrong with Transformers: Prime shot up to the eleven.

Whereas Prime's goal was to make everything as "epic" as possible (as so stated many times by that show's creators), this show's goal (as stated by its own creators at previous times) is to make everything as "bad-A-double-S" as possible.

This was pure spectacle with almost no heart, charm, or wit to it. A dry, soulless experience that was little more exciting than taking one's own toys and bashing them together again and again (and to us, THAT should be entertaining).

Maxima was the Prime Cliffjumper of the show in the worst way possible, Windblade is vastly overpowered and Arcee-levels of annoying, Menasor had no menace to him, Computron was a waste, and the whole thing just felt so depressingly angsty for angst's sake.

Just a very bleak, dull, uncharismatic first episode.

P.S. - Though Menasor's voice has been the subject of much contention, in that it was just laughable, I gotta say that it very much reminded me of the voice of a Decepticon from a previous TF cartoon: Ro-Tor from RiD 2001.

And personally, he also kinda sounded like an impression of Jerry Houser. :lol:
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7

Postby Flashwave » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:55 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
o.supreme wrote:

speaking in general about combiners. It just saddens me that 30+ years into the franchise we have not yet had any medium that properly presents them (perhaps the DW comics but unfortunately that was short lived). A combiner becomes "more than the sum of its parts" so, the typical 5 member "scramble" type combiner should be able to stand up to a small army, say no less than 25 single transformers, some "super weapon", another combiner, or larger transformer such as Sky Lynx or Omega Supreme. The "weak spot" contrivance for times such as Devastator's first appearance and Bruticus' second is plausible on occasion, but you'd think after a period of time, they would have worked that out. My apologies for the rant. I guess its just frustrating when you see something you enjoy so much, and your absolute favorite part about it, never quite hits the mark it was intended to. I'm definitely going to keep watching this series to see where it goes.

A combiner is only more than the sum of its parts if the parts come togehter. That's been the weakness all along. You get the Stunticons to think about themselves as themselves, and not as Menasor's leg, and the big guy falls over. Easy as that. The "Weak Spot" plot was addressed in IDW to a degree through Monstructor. Prime took him down that way once or twice until Jhaxius caught on and slapped a piece of armor over that. That spot was approximately where Scowl and Birdbrain's halves met, and had the effect of snapping the spinal cord. But if you think about it, any Combiner regardless of size should suffer from multiples of the same effect. They may not be asy to get to, but at some point in the knee you have a transition between two bots, the Torso and the Leg dude. Regardless of how well armored the Combiner may be, that knee is probably a problem
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby Randomhero » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:56 am

I've been watching RedvsBlue since I was in high school so webseries that are 5-7 minutes don't bug me. My primary television is YouTube so I'm accustomed to short length content.

I thought it was...okay? The style is nice but the frame rate it awful and yeah the voice acting is not great. Menasor honestly sounded like 15 year old trying to imitate RID grimlock.

I got hopes it will get better
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Powermaster Swag » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Motto: ""You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to be the most useful.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Powermaster Swag wrote:How long are these episodes supposed to be? I just watched an episode on the Go90 app called "The Fall". Is this the first episode? :-?

yes

Okay, just making sure.
Sometimes, if life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't throw rocks! Yeah, I totally stole that one! The motto is my own creation though, I swear!
Powermaster Swag
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dragon and Gold Porsche 924
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Nexus Knight » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Is there a reason the video's no longer available?
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Optimizzy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
ok, so I just watched it...

man...I'm not going to spoil anything (How could I anyway? Its barely loner than a movie trailer), but this was weak. The characters seemed way off to me. It seems like they watched a bad anime and was like "Oh, that, that is what we should do."

I am disappoint.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Optimizzy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Randomhero wrote:I've been watching RedvsBlue since I was in high school so webseries that are 5-7 minutes don't bug me. My primary television is YouTube so I'm accustomed to short length content.

I thought it was...okay? The style is nice but the frame rate it awful and yeah the voice acting is not great. Menasor honestly sounded like 15 year old trying to imitate RID grimlock.

I got hopes it will get better

yeah, he sounded like an angry kid. Windblade sounded good.

and 10 minutes long stuff is ok...when it's produced often and easily. I doubt this is either. At least as 15 minutes. But 5? That's not what I thought we were getting.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Skill: 6

Postby 1984forever » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm

This is easily the best Transformers cartoon to come out in the last 30 years. But I have to admit that a pretty low bar has been set since the original G1 went off the air.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Nexus Knight wrote:Is there a reason the video's no longer available?

No reason, I am watching it right now on youtube, we embeded the video at the end of the review.

Optimizzy wrote:ok, so I just watched it...

man...I'm not going to spoil anything (How could I anyway? Its barely loner than a movie trailer), but this was weak. The characters seemed way off to me. It seems like they watched a bad anime and was like "Oh, that, that is what we should do."

I am disappoint.

Me too, it ends with a shot of Optimus and we dont hear the awesome John Bailey :-(

But aside from that, yeah its dissapointing. I do not like the animation at all. It is very repetitive, like older anime. The scene where Menasor and Windblade are having a back and forth and Menasor's mouth is just moving up and down randomly reminded me of Speed Racer.

I am also not fond of the direction for Menasor, he sounds unintimidating. Also, and this is more because I am aware of he business behind this, I am kind of ticked at how that is the Superion redeco we see as Computron. We already bought the combner wars toys guys, you dont have to sell them anymore!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby JazZeke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
1984forever wrote:This is easily the best Transformers cartoon to come out in the last 30 years. But I have to admit that a pretty low bar has been set since the original G1 went off the air.

Uhhh... have you even watched Beast Wars, Animated, and Prime?
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:59 pm

I finally worked out a reason for Maxima's existence.

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 FEB094332 4RI (A/CA) Johnson (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 231208Z"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1A GI JOE 0623IM806 (A/CA) Reilly (W)WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON