This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Interviews: Amy Johnston / Maxima, Producer Eric Calderon

Postby Va'al » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via a number of different sources, we have some behind the scenes tidbits concerning the Machinima Transformers: Combiner Wars animated short series, currently airing on go90 and the Machinima YouTube channel every week. The first is an interview with Amy Johnston, the voice of Maxima in episode 1 'The Fall', via ComicBookMovie. Snippet below, and full piece here!

CBM: How did you get involved with Combiner Wars?
Amy Johnston: "I got involved with Transformers: Combiner Wars through Bat in the Sun whom I had worked with previously on their show "Super Power Beatdown".

CBM: Were you a big Transformers fan growing up?
Johnston: "I have definitely been a Transformer's fan so when I found out about the role of Maxima I was super excited! How cool to have my own Transformer character! I love her!"

CBM: How did you find the right voice for Maximia?
Jonston: "Maxima was described to me as a strong female character who had a relationship wtih Windblade so I made sure to give her strength and passion yet retain a femininity about her."

The second is some further insight into the series with producer Eric Calderon, via ComicBook.com, discussing a number of aspects on the creation of the characters, their interactions and the story as a whole. Full piece here, and a selection below!

Is there a challenge that's inherent to doing something like this? When you look at web series, you have a lot of like "Okay, we just grew up this property that you like" and it's mostly played for laughs. Is there a challenge to doing this seriously and not feeling like another kind of web series that's trying to take a fun?

The great thing is, both Machinima and Hasbro, they have never used that word with me. They said "You are making a series." They always put it at a higher level, and the show is budgeted, and distributed in a very sophisticated way, that to me, is not like a webseries at all.

So I think about this as an adaptation, I just go "Hey, it's my job as a creator to make the best work I can" and I don't think about "Oh it's only for this category so let's have fun", I want to tell this combiner wars story, and I'm going to tell it in 40 minutes. That's almost a movie, so I really treat it like that. There's act breaks, there's a solid structure to the character development, there's resolution. That's what I'm worried about.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic Prime » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Funny how neither mentioned what a poopy job they both did.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Kurona » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Galactic Prime wrote:Funny how neither mentioned what a poopy job they both did.

Generally interviews don't do that, no
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby BumbleDouche » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Galactic Prime wrote:Funny how neither mentioned what a poopy job they both did.

:lol:
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Deadput » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Lol interviewing the actor who's character only had 2-3 lines and died in the first episode.

Cliffjumper in Prime lasted longer then her and had more character and that's saying something for his brief screentime.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby UltraPrimal » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
For a second there I was confusing her with Amy Jo Johnson, aka the pink Power Ranger.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Braker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Motto: "Take your ideals elsewhere."
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
"So, how does it feel playing a character who only existed for around 6 seconds?"
Who are you?
Braker
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby hinomars19 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Kurona wrote:

Which makes doing them in the first place oddly redundant.
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Kurona » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 am

I feel really bad for her tbh. She says she's a fan of Transformers and was excited to get the role... how much do you think her heart sank when she saw her character got, like, 10 seconds of screentime and even less lines?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:38 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
hinomars19 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

The point of interviews surrounding a media projectthats being released is to promote the product and thats it. Like when a celebrity goes on a talk show, its to promote something. You wont learn about how bad they think a film they are promoting is. Did Ben Affleck ever say in an interview that Batman V Superman was terrible? No.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Xarmech » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:47 am

Windblade has a relationship with Maxima? Define "relationship".
Xarmech
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
It's already been touched on. But the character of maxima is onscreen for a couple of minuets, (trying to give benefit of the doubt ). But she only had one line of dialogue, and a few grunts & groans. Not sure how the audition for that goes. Maybe she will appear in a flashback later, but considering there is a total runtime of about 40 minuets across 8 episodes, I don't think they'll have time for flashbacks

Not trying to be harsh but...

1.”Gahh…ahh” (getting smashed against a wall)
2. “What needs to be done!”
3. Guhhh…(dies)

How many people auditioned for this role?
How long did it take to record?

I'm sure in truth she is very talented, this was just not a really good opportunity to hear her skills as an actor.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Interviews: Amy Johnston / Maxima, Producer Eric Calderon

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The great thing is, both Machinima and Hasbro, they have never used that word with me. They said "You are making a series." They always put it at a higher level, and the show is budgeted, and distributed in a very sophisticated way, that to me, is not like a webseries at all.

"Distributed" in a very sophisticated way that is not like a webseries? Yeah, that's not this show. I think he's thinking of something else.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Galactic Prime » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:25 pm

william-james88 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

The point of interviews surrounding a media projectthats being released is to promote the product and thats it. Like when a celebrity goes on a talk show, its to promote something. You wont learn about how bad they think a film they are promoting is. Did Ben Affleck ever say in an interview that Batman V Superman was terrible? No.

I think the sarcasm might have been lost on you :)

I think we all know why they do these interviews.

My point was the job they did was poopy, regardless of the spin they try to put on it.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Tyrannacon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I don't think/feel her performance was the issue to me personally. I think the issue here is more how the character was used than how the actor portrayed the character and how she was performed though. Take the actress who did the line's for the Mistress of Flame character, I feel her performance was particularly wooden and no feeling in. Like the lines were just being read with nothing behind them, but then I wonder if it is simply just part of the character.

I'm definitely trying to reserve my major judgement until I've seen the whole thing in entirety. I don't mind reading and talking about first impressions though.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Courage: 9

Postby Galactic Prime » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:04 am

Tyrannacon wrote:I don't think/feel her performance was the issue to me personally. I think the issue here is more how the character was used than how the actor portrayed the character and how she was performed though. Take the actress who did the line's for the Mistress of Flame character, I feel her performance was particularly wooden and no feeling in. Like the lines were just being read with nothing behind them, but then I wonder if it is simply just part of the character.

I'm definitely trying to reserve my major judgement until I've seen the whole thing in entirety. I don't mind reading and talking about first impressions though.

Your first mistake here is calling these people actresses, they aren't professionals. These people Machinima used are all Facebook losers with no Voice Talent or professional work.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Va'al » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:21 am

Galactic Prime wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:I don't think/feel her performance was the issue to me personally. I think the issue here is more how the character was used than how the actor portrayed the character and how she was performed though. Take the actress who did the line's for the Mistress of Flame character, I feel her performance was particularly wooden and no feeling in. Like the lines were just being read with nothing behind them, but then I wonder if it is simply just part of the character.

Your first mistake here is calling these people actresses, they aren't professionals. These people Machinima used are all Facebook losers with no Voice Talent or professional work.

This kind of comment is uncalled for. Criticism of the series is fine, but insults towards cast, creators, or other people involved is not welcome here.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:53 am

Dr Va'al wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:

This kind of comment is uncalled for. Criticism of the series is fine, but insults towards cast, creators, or other people involved is not welcome here.

Not to mention that quite a few of them -are- qualified actors/actresses.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 am

Kurona wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:

Not to mention that quite a few of them -are- qualified actors/actresses.

Thanks Va'al and Kurona. I appreciate the help here.

Anyone that performs in any kind of work produced for entertainment (professionally/independently) is considered to be playing a part which is very much defined as acting. Even parts with no lines and in the background is "acting" actually. Whether or not people are doing it for big budget or no budget, and still are playing a part is acting. They are actors whether professional or independent here. It's a role they are playing and that's what acting is loosely defined as.

What I said wasn't a mistake though, and frankly I am troubled by your lack of respect here regarding people that are trying to entertain others, such as us. That's a hard thing to do for even seasoned people. You can have issues with the performance of course, but lacking respect almost personally for the people behind it when you didn't like their ability isn't exactly a good attitude itself. It is basically an ad hominem attack against these people and that's not good.
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online

Postby Va'al » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:14 am

Episode 3 'The Duel' of the Hasbro / Machinima animated series Transformers Combiner Wars is now available to watch via the Verizon go90 app - and shortly for non-US fans on the Machinima YouTube channel too! UPDATE: If you are a non-US viewer, the episode is now also available for you, check it out embedded below.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for an episode review soon - and read through our thoughts on episodes one and two in the meantime, too.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby 1984forever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 am

I like Windblade as a Nail trying to prevent more war, though the duel was meh.

The good thing is that this series brings Hasbro one step closer to the realization that only a G1 reboot can bring this franchise back to it's former glory.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:44 am

Were the Youtube versions of Episode 1 and 2 not uploaded at the same time as their Go90 counterparts? Just curious because Episode 3 hasn't been uploaded on youtube yet.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:51 am

Kurona wrote:Were the Youtube versions of Episode 1 and 2 not uploaded at the same time as their Go90 counterparts? Just curious because Episode 3 hasn't been uploaded on youtube yet.

Don't recall them being uploaded at the same time as their Go90 counterparts. I think it was at the least a few hours apart before they were uploaded to both platforms.
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby jamarmiller » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:51 am

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
every week it seems like 4 hours later that its posted on youtube
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:52 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
1984forever wrote:I like Windblade as a Nail trying to prevent more war, though the duel was meh.

The good thing is that this series brings Hasbro one step closer to the realization that only a G1 reboot can bring this franchise back to it's former glory.

I agree with part of this assessment. the episode was ok. The animation seemed a bit better on this one, but Windblade seems more like a frustrated child just lashing out at everyone and everything until Prime talks her down. "Only one can help us"--Victorion?

Unfortunately Hasbro will never "reboot G1" they have the classics toy line (which includes CW & TR), and the IDW comics, they feel that's enough G1 to satisfy older fans, and for most, sadly it is. Although fans of the original Marvel comic were treated with Regeneration One , getting the proper ending they always wanted. Fans of the Original Animated series, will never get the proper ending we desire. Hasbro is all about moving forward. Oddly enough though, there is this channel on Youtube that has made a couple of short episodes, purely with pasted together footage from original series episodes, and Japanese episodes. Better voice talent than on CW, and it is getting more positive feedback than CW.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FanaticFilmsINC/videos
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCREEN FIEND Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tablet"
SCREEN FIEND Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWEET CHEAT Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades PB chocolate bar 2019"
SWEET CHEAT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PARTY GOLDSTER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle hat 2020"
PARTY GOLDSTER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUCKSIE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad Hasbro 2018"
PUCKSIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURRAY MURRAY Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020 3D glasses"
BLURRAY MURRAY Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OVER Transformers BotBots Series 1 LOST BOTS 2018 Hasbro Video Controller"
GAME OVER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 SHATTER Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New"
Series 4 SHATTER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PEARY PECULIAR Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes Hasbro 2020"
PEARY PECULIAR Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Water Bottle"
ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERPACK Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 backpack"
OVERPACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 8-PACKS Set of 4 Transformers Custodial Crew + Pet Mob 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 8 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE KREON COLLECTION A4642 Transformers Kre-o Hasbro 2011 New"
ULTIMATE KREON COL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRIST BANNED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades watch 2019 Hasbro"
WRIST BANNED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NRJEEZ Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Energy Drink Soda Can"
NRJEEZ Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON