This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I just realized why this show's Megatron is so great. We've had it all wrong about who it is he's like. It's not BW Megatron or Cy-Kill that he's reminiscent of, it's this Megatron:

:-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:I just realized why this show's Megatron is so great. We've had it all wrong about who it is he's like. It's not BW Megatron or Cy-Kill that he's reminiscent of, it's this Megatron:

:-P

Damn, he even done the David Kaye "Yesss" at the beginning
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sabrblade wrote:I just realized why this show's Megatron is so great. We've had it all wrong about who it is he's like. It's not BW Megatron or Cy-Kill that he's reminiscent of, it's this Megatron: :-P

or this one:

https://youtu.be/xFgTJrRyXXU
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
...and I'd probably kneel and swear my fealty to him and what not. :lol:

Then again, I do have my man crush for Megatron and this is the reason why I am saying this, my obsession and fanboyism. :P
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Thinking even more about this CW Megatron and that Universal Studios Megatron and other vocalized Megatrons in general (meaning ones with auditory voices, so no comic- or prose-only Megatrons), I got to thinking that these two Megatrons might be among the top 5 of the most "vocally entertaining" Megatrons of all time.

Chronologically, I'd consider the five to be Beast Era Megatron, Animated Megatron, Prime Megatron (at least from season 2 onward), Universal Studios Megatron, and Machinima Combiner Wars Megatron.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 pm

Ah yes, the greatest transformers characters. Optimus Prime, Soundwave, BW Dinobot, Guy Who Put On A Movie Megatron Costume At Universal Studios :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Sadly featuring exactly 0 Mistress of Flame hammer dinks but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHdZoU9OR4
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Devastator sounds like a David Kaye impression in that.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 am

Sabrblade wrote:Devastator sounds like a David Kaye impression in that.

Fun fact --Devastator's dialogue is all direct quotes from Apocalypse in the 1990's X-Men animated series. Apocalypse was voiced by David Kaye in the 2000-2003 series X-Men Evolution ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:54 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
:APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Kurona wrote:Sadly featuring exactly 0 Mistress of Flame hammer dinks but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHdZoU9OR4

They say you can't polish a turd, but Freddery somehow alchemically transformed one into gold.

"HI I'M WINDBLADE"
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Theshruggles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Tyrannacon wrote:...and I'd probably kneel and swear my fealty to him and what not. :lol:

Then again, I do have my man crush for Megatron and this is the reason why I am saying this, my obsession and fanboyism. :P

I personally don't like the Combiner Wars show, but Megatron and his pure sass is enough for me to watch alone. The main redeeming quality IMO.
I'm new to this site but not new to Transformers! I hope to get to know more transformers fans through these forums etc!
Theshruggles
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Snow Leopard
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:44 am

TWO sequel series have just been announced: "Titans Return" and "Power of the Primes" - http://www.superherohype.com/news/386613-machinima-and-hasbro-announce-two-more-transformers-prime-wars-series

Following the conclusion of Transformers: Combiner Wars, Machinima and Hasbro, Inc. have announced today that they will join forces to develop Titans Return and Power of the Primes, the final two installments of the animated Prime Wars trilogy. Since launching the trilogy’s first installment in August 2016, Transformers: Combiner Wars, has garnered more than 120 million global views on a wide variety of platforms, including go90 (United States), SkyQ (U.K.), AMC Iberia (Spain and Portugal), Sohu (China), and YouTube (rest of world).

“The global fan base has really embraced this vision of the Transformers,” said Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein, “and we are thrilled to be working closely with Hasbro developing the next two installments of the series.”

“Transformers has always been fueled by the brand’s rich, compelling characters and storylines, and Transformers: Combiner Wars tapped into that lore to offer fans a truly unique and new digital-first story for the franchise” said Stephen Davis, Chief Content Officer of Hasbro. “Following the success of the first series, we are excited to announce this continued collaboration with Machinima and believe Transformers fans will be thrilled to see the story continue to unfold.”

The first sequel, Transformers: Titans Return, will take the action of the series to new ‘heights,’ and feature return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters as well as introduce new Autobots and Decepticons. Set in the period following the excitement of Transformers: Combiner Wars, the depleted forces of Cybertron and a broken Council of Worlds must now face-off against a new threat that is larger than anything that has come before.

Transformers Combiner Wars Executive Producer and Showrunner Eric Calderon is returning to oversee the development of the final two installments.

:HEADHURTS:
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Seriously though...This series is universally disliked. One of the very few things I'd say 90% + of the fandom agree on. Why make a sequel? The ONLY positive comments here I read came in relation to the efforts of some of the voice actors. The positive comments on Youtube also came from followers of said VA's who support anything they do no matter how horrid.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Well... Time for a swan-dive off the roof of the Burj Khalifa.

In all seriousness though, fans "embraced this version" really? Now, I admit, I loved the designs and voice acting and that's pretty much it; but I so did not embrace this. I think this might be worse than Energon since they actually transformed in that. We only get like, five by transformations. The combiners didn't even combine! But they're giving Machinima another shot!? Although there is a chance these two will be better, I highly doubt it. In going to stop now so that my train if thought doesn't derail and turn into an hour long rant. "Embraced"? Really?
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

“The global fan base has really embraced this vision of the Transformers,”
Replace "global fan base" with "Facebook community" and there might be some truth there.

“Transformers has always been fueled by the brand’s rich, compelling characters and storylines, and Transformers: Combiner Wars tapped into that lore to offer fans a truly unique and new digital-first story for the franchise”

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
“The global fan base has really embraced this vision of the Transformers,” said Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Transformers has always been fueled by the brand’s rich, compelling characters and storylines,

Oh wait you were serious, let me laugh harder.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Transformers: Combiner Wars tapped into that lore to offer fans a truly unique and new digital-first story for the franchise”

Technically true.

"...we... believe Transformers fans will be thrilled to see the story continue to unfold.”

Apparently you weren't paying attention to uh.... ANY of the feedback from CW.

The first sequel, Transformers: Titans Return, will take the action of the series to new ‘heights,’

Someone thinks this is funny. Someone honestly thinks this is funny.

and feature return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters

HI I'M WINDBLADE

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but right now the best way to watch this will probably be with large quantities of alcohol.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
I'm guessing this was planned from the get-go, so we were getting this no matter how bad CW was. I just hope they learn from their mistakes...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Big Grim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Set in the period following the excitement of Transformers: Combiner Wars

Excitement? Surely they mean general apathy??
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 pm

“The global fan base has really embraced this vision of the Transformers,” said Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein

replace "embraced" with simply "watched". I guess next time we vote by not watching. They probably saw simply the number of views on Go90, Youtube, and various other sites, and complete ignored comments & feedback. I mean, like a train-wreck, or a Crash in a car race, sure you want to watch, but if simply watching equates to more of this, I guess I'm going to have to do something I've never done before, completely ignore and not watch a Transformers animated series.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kurona » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 pm

There is one piece of interesting news here - we found out the final instalment in Prime Wars is called "Power of the Primes".

Absolutely no friggin' clue what gimmick that could be though. Then again, not like the name Titans Return would immediately make you think Headmasters.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sequels Announced: 'Titans Return' and 'Power of the Primes'

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Several different Seibertronians have sent us word that Machinima has officially announced two sequels to the Transformers: Combiner Wars series that ran throughout the months of August and September. These 2 sequels are to be titled 'Titans Return', as we figured it would, and the third series is to be titled 'Power of the Primes', which may be a clue as to what the third part of the Primes Wars Trilogy is to be titled. You can check out the press release HERE and catch a brief look as to what the articles says below from a press release sent to us!

MACHINIMA AND HASBRO ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FINAL TWO CHAPTERS OF HIT TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED SERIES THE PRIME WARS SAGA

‘TITANS RETURN’ AND ‘POWER OF THE PRIMES’ WOULD FOLLOW THE GLOBAL SUCCESS OF ‘COMBINER WARS,’ WHICH GARNERED 122 MILLION GLOBALLY

Following the massive worldwide interest in Transformers: Combiner Wars, Machinima, the first Many2Many programming service focused on fandom and gamer culture, and Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, announced today that they will join forces to develop Titans Return and Power of the Primes, the final two installments of the animated Prime Wars trilogy. Since launching the trilogy’s first installment in August 2016, Transformers: Combiner Wars, has garnered more than 122 million global views on a wide variety of platforms, including go90 (United States), SkyQ (U.K.), AMC Iberia (Spain and Portugal), Sohu (China), and YouTube (rest of world).
The first sequel, The Titans Return, will take the action of the series to new “heights,” and feature return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters as well as introduce a new set of Autobots and Decepticons. Set in the period following the excitement of The Combiner Wars, the depleted forces of Cybertron and a broken Council of Worlds must now face-off against a new threat that is larger than anything that has come before.

Combiner Wars Executive Producer and Showrunner Eric Calderon is returning to oversee the development of the final two installments.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby bluecatcinema » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the Titans in action.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Kurona wrote:There is one piece of interesting news here - we found out the final instalment in Prime Wars is called "Power of the Primes".

Absolutely no friggin' clue what gimmick that could be though. Then again, not like the name Titans Return would immediately make you think Headmasters.

An off the cuff guess...probably a toy line focusing on the 13 primes. Many have never had an official toy representation, this might be Hasbro's way of introducing them. If that were the case though, that would kind of kill, or make very difficult the idea of the next line being beast Themed, what with the hinting of Onyx Prime in the IDW TF comic, aside from a figure of him himself. But a toy line consisting of all, or mostly primes would sure get cumbersome one would think...but who knows.

One thing is for sure, Machimina's Titans Return will show very few Titans if at all, and Power of the Primes will have almost no Primes appear, if they are consistent that is... ;)

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm

bluecatcinema wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing the Titans in action.

What Metroplex' arm wasn't enough for you? :lol:

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #10 var Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230953 (CA) Hotz (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #10 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #16 var Hellfire Gala Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230908 (CA) Parel"
GHOST RIDER #16 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230923 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #9 var Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220832 (CA) Yoon (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #9 var Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #1 var Deadpool Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Liefeld 220928"
SHE-HULK #1 var De ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230684 (CA) Romita (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #2 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210920 (CA)Fornes"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics MAY238596 (CA) Logo"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #8 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221023 (CA) Ngu (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #8 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Howard The Duck Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221039 (CA) Netease"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ho ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var Howard Duck Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220859 (CA) Smith"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #5 var 1:10 design Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221030 (CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #5 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230922 (CA) Dekal (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #15 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #3 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211129 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON