This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Qwan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:43 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Man, I know I'm way late chiming in here, but...
Look at this.

LOOK AT THIS

Why they're using this as a promotional image is beyond me, it seems to demonstrate everything that's wrong with (the visual side of) these series. Weird unnecessary smoke and electricity aside, I could recreate this exact frame with my TR Trypticon, a few cardboard boxes and some orange crepe paper. You can see the layers that everything was pasted into the frame on top of each other - smoke, fire, Trypticon, explosion, buildings - and they don't look like they exist in the same space, the lighting doesn't even seem to be consistent between objects! (There's an explosion right next to Trypticon, how is he being lit from above?) The explosion itself is so bad and it doesn't even look like it's being caused by Trypticon; it's just going off near him while he stands there statically looking dully surprised - how do you even GIVE a dinosaur an expression of dull surprise?!

This is not what animation is. Animation is for doing things that are impressive or even impossible in the real world, to look good and in cases like this look cool. There's toy accuracy to a fault on your 3D models (Cybertron/Galaxy Force, which I think is actually kinda cool aesthetically, occasional shortcomings aside), and then there's creating your city-sized dinosaur robot with a totally unarticulated chunky box for an entire torso "'cause that's what the toy looks like!" They're robots, yes, but priority NUMBER ONE in any animated Transformers media should be to make the Transformers feel alive, like more than just robots. Trypticon here doesn't have a spark of life to him, robotic or otherwise - it literally just looks like they took a photo of the toy, ran it through a cel-shading filter and stuck it into the show, and that's just sad to see.

Just... please, if there's one thing the CW series was competent at it was looking good in still images - don't take that away from us. I know it's just a single image and it's near-pointless to judge it yet, but if this was what they thought was good enough to submit as promotional material, I shudder to think what they may have decided was "good enough" for the end product. :???:

:oops:
Oh man, whew, that went on way longer than I meant it to. Hopefully that's all outta my system now though, and I can go back to not being a jaded cynical codger. On a less downer note:
Black Hat wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:I hope they defeat Trypticon by attacking his hips.

Oh god I can see it now.
>"I am Trypticon! Tremble before my-"
>*CRACK*
>"What was that?"
>Trypticon's hips give way and he tumbles to the floor
>His tail falls off
>His chest falls open with a groaning metal sound and his vital components all fall out
>"...I hate this cartoon."
This is a bit too long for me to feel okay about putting it in my signature, but I want you to know how much I want to, by god do I want to. What a beautiful piece of writing :lol:

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Qwan wrote:how do you even GIVE a dinosaur an expression of dull surprise?!
Grimlock did it all the time. :P

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh" :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series Featured in The Last Knight Target Exclusive DVD, Titans

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
As we mentioned briefly in our article related to the DVD Target Exclusive release of Transformers: The Last Knight, the Machinima Combiner Wars series is set to be featured in the Target exclusive release! The release was also accompanied by an article by Collider related to the Combiner Wars Series and some teasing for the upcoming Titans return series. You can read the whole article by following the above link, and you can read some snippets below!

Transformers: Combiner Wars

The Autobots and Decepticons have disbanded and returned to Cybertron. With the days of Optimus Prime and Megatron over, Cybertron is now ruled by a triumvirate. However, an ancient technology has enabled a new threat, the power for multiple Transformers to combine into one massive, dangerous form: Combiners. Who will stand-up to this threat to ensure that the fragile peace that was 4 million years in the making remains?

Transformers: Titans Return

Picking up right where the destruction of the Combiner Wars left off, TITANS RETURN takes the action of the Prime Wars Trilogy to new ‘heights,’ and features return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters as well as introduces new Autobots and Decepticons. In the series, enormous Transformers called Titans are awakened and these massive characters bring massive problems. Trypticon, a gigantic lizard-like Transformer, rises to wreak havoc on Cybertron, while Windblade and a rag-tag team of Transformers must resurrect an ancient ally. Not all Transformers will survive, as beloved heroes are changed forever while others’ sparks are blown to oblivion.

On November 14th, the first two episodes will debut followed by a weekly release of new episodes every Tuesday. 10 episodes at about 11 minutes each will be released.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
So it's finishing January 16th. What a christmas present one of these episodes will be... >:oP
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Nexus Knight » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Kurona wrote:So it's finishing January 16th. What a christmas present one of these episodes will be... >:oP

Come on! You haven't seen it yet. It could amaz- Hahahahahahahaha.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Nexus Knight » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Kurona wrote:So it's finishing January 16th. What a christmas present one of these episodes will be... >:oP

Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Randomhero » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Nexus Knight wrote:

Yeah i can’t wait to hear all the complaints about free content people have to option to watch :roll:
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Nexus Knight wrote:

Yeah i can’t wait to hear all the complaints about free content people have to option to watch :roll:
Something being free and optional to watch doesn't automatically excuse that something from critical response.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Series Featured in The Last Knight Target Exclusive DVD, Titans

Postby Qwan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Picking up right where the destruction of the Combiner Wars left off
That's probably the most accurate thing I've heard all day, though maybe not in the way they intended >:oP

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Is a lowbudget flick. Ya get what ya pay for.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+

Postby Qwan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 pm

fenrir72 wrote:Is a lowbudget flick. Ya get what ya pay for.

To some extent yes, but in this case since it's airing free (albeit presumably on some kind of obscure exclusive streaming platform that no-one's heard of until now) it doesn't quite work that way. Yeah we're not paying anything to watch it, so naturally we shouldn't expect that much - except what else didn't/don't we pay to watch? Steven Universe. Rick and Morty. Gravity Falls. Transformers Animated, Beast Wars, Prime. Just because we don't pay to watch a show doesn't mean it can't be good, all it means is that it's not making its money back directly from people paying to watch it.

In cases like this (free broadcast media as opposed to physical products), it's not that we get what we pay for, so much as we get what the people making it pay for. If I could pay a little more (say, around the price of a ticket for a movie, which we understand this is the length of) to have it be decent movie-quality, I would absolutely take that. But we can't, 'cause the people in charge decided that they'll do better financially if they make something (probably) bad that they can slap out for free to advertise toys that are already off the shelves.

...Where was I going with this? I honestly don't know what I was trying to achieve just there. I'm not even really disagreeing with anyone; sorry if it seemed like I was arguing with you in particular Fenrir, I don't honestly know what spurred me to write this but if I put you in the crossfire with my nonexistent opponent I apologize.

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 am

Qwan wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Is a lowbudget flick. Ya get what ya pay for.

To some extent yes, but in this case since it's airing free (albeit presumably on some kind of obscure exclusive streaming platform that no-one's heard of until now) it doesn't quite work that way. Yeah we're not paying anything to watch it, so naturally we shouldn't expect that much - except what else didn't/don't we pay to watch? Steven Universe. Rick and Morty. Gravity Falls. Transformers Animated, Beast Wars, Prime. Just because we don't pay to watch a show doesn't mean it can't be good, all it means is that it's not making its money back directly from people paying to watch it.

In cases like this (free broadcast media as opposed to physical products), it's not that we get what we pay for, so much as we get what the people making it pay for. If I could pay a little more (say, around the price of a ticket for a movie, which we understand this is the length of) to have it be decent movie-quality, I would absolutely take that. But we can't, 'cause the people in charge decided that they'll do better financially if they make something (probably) bad that they can slap out for free to advertise toys that are already off the shelves.

...Where was I going with this? I honestly don't know what I was trying to achieve just there. I'm not even really disagreeing with anyone; sorry if it seemed like I was arguing with you in particular Fenrir, I don't honestly know what spurred me to write this but if I put you in the crossfire with my nonexistent opponent I apologize.

You're one of the few decent head screwed properly on the shoulder members here so no worries bud. Not picking a fight with you.

Again, I will repeat, ya get what you pay for. The previous business models of animation production is waaaaaaaaay different now. Too bad. What with investor cash being so scarce. Maybe it's a ripple effect from the great anime implosion a few years back. Now, the staple of anime is like 12 episodes per story arc unlike the 50 plus like that of DBZ or Gundam.
Why RID gets the loving over this one? Only Hb can say. Maybe RID products sell better? Who knows.

The stories written also reflects on how much Hb is willing to invest. Too bad. So we just :POPCORN: and enjoy it while the fun lasted.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Bronzewolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Scottimus Prime has notified us about a new post from the official Transformers facebook page, a new poster for Machinima's Titans Return series! While fundamentally the same as some of the previous posters, (still featuring Optimus Prime and Megatron facing off against Trypticon), this new version now includes the November 14th premiere date for the first two episodes. Check out the poster below and tell us if you'll be tuning in and watching the episodes next month on the Go90 platform!
Make sure to stay tuned to Seibertron.com for out official reviews of the episodes when they debut!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Courage: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:32 pm

November 14. We have been warned.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Three days before my birthday, the world ends as we know it.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:48 pm

The voice cast is still so unbelievable to me. Peter Cullen, sure, but Judd Nelson plus two randomly-picked Star Trek actors and the most iconic of the Power Rangers? And MatPat? It all sounds like the cast was picked from a young fanboy's pipe dream.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby JazZeke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Kurona wrote:Three days before my birthday, the world ends as we know it.

JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Courage: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 pm

And let the bellyachers begin! 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Qwan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm

fenrir72 wrote:And let the bellyachers begin! 8-}

Too late, they've already begun :-P

I'm... still not hopeful for this series (something just says to me that a show that's going to be successful wouldn't put "MatPat" and "DashieGames" in the top billing area), but the only way to really find out is to wait and see. At the very least, hopefully it'll end up making Cyberverse look good by comparison if that releases not too long after :-P

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:37 am

As long as Jason Marnocha's Megatron gets plenty of screentime, we'll have at least one thing to look forward to.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:38 am

I'd be A little more excited about this series if I didn't have to watch it on a cell phone. go90 needs to make an app for Kindle or better yet, the PS4 and Xbox.
Of course I thought the Combiner Wars was pretty badly written, so I don't have hopes for this one.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:45 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Well, on the plus side, this means Freddery is going to be able to give this the mockery it deserves in a Geewun Redone episode. Hooray!

But seriously. Even if it had Evangelion-tier writing and Do You Remember Love-tier animation, the presence of MatPat pretty much condemns it to the lowest level of hell.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby Deathsanras » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am

Just in time for Power of the Primes. :roll:
Deathsanras
Fuzor

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:As long as Jason Marnocha's Megatron gets plenty of screentime, we'll have at least one thing to look forward to.

2nd most truest thing said today. Va'al over in the shared universe thread on Action Man and Kup beats this out, but it's a close second!

Seriously, Megatron was the highlight of CW and hopefully is here too. He is awesome
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:As long as Jason Marnocha's Megatron gets plenty of screentime, we'll have at least one thing to look forward to.

2nd most truest thing said today. Va'al over in the shared universe thread on Action Man and Kup beats this out, but it's a close second!

Seriously, Megatron was the highlight of CW and hopefully is here too. He is awesome
He's just the right blend of Cy-Kill's snarkiness and Universal Studios Megatron's playful obnoxiousness. He's a delight.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 (CA) Mobili 240305A"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AVENGERS #1 Facsimile Ed Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230608 (W) Lee (A/CA) Kirby"
AVENGERS #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 NOV230743 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC265 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230970 (A/CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg (CA) Miller 231227"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg JUN230959 (CA) Kane"
GIANT SIZE X-MEN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #3 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 DEC230721"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 (CA) Leonardi"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition FOIL DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC260 (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr B Blank Sketch DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC212"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON