This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Huh I actually did not know Overlord was going to be in this, that's actually kinda cool.

At the very least I already like this series more for the more variety in cast compared to the few last time (Optimus, Megatron, Windblade, Starscream, Rodimus, Mistress of flame, the Combiners and Metroplex's arm)

This time around we have most of them combined with Overlord, Perceptor, Fortress Maximus and Emissary, the full appearance of Metroplex, Trypticon, the Seekers Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm and someone else that was colored like a G1 Slipstream.

Honestly I'm surprised that neither Bumblebee or Soundwave are not in the show at all but besides that I'm presently surprised there are so many characters that don't get much appearances in Transformers cartoons such as Perceptor I mean when's the last time he's been a main character in a Transformers show?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
The best thing about Combiner Wars is thanks to all the various time zones across the world, each episode was released over night for me.

Which means I was able to get up in the morning and watch them whilst sitting on the toilet.

An apt place to watch it as it turns out.

I will be doing the same for Titans Return. Bring on the morning bowel movements Titans!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:24 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
It seems the time has come! With the arrival of November 14th, the first two episodes Machinima's Transformers Titans Return series have been released!
Following the previous Machinima-produced Go90 series, Combiner Wars, Titans Return picks up roughly where the Combined Wars series ended. It includes reoccurring characters like Optimus Prime (This time around voiced by Peter Cullen), Megatron, Windblade, and Hot Rod (This time voiced by Judd Nelson, returning to his classic role.)
To catch up on what details you've missed on this series, check out the recent piece by Seibertronian news crew member Qwan, who does a great job running through all the announcements and specifics we've gotten since the announcement of the series.
You can then find the first two episodes over on Go90's website, or through their app if you prefer mobile, and share your thoughts in the forum boards below.
Even then our coverage of the premier doesn't end, as you can expect our official review of the two episodes out in the coming hours.
Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for those reviews, and to partake in the discussion surrounding this new series!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby Stuartmaximus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:13 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Screenshot_20171114-080849.png

well...*sigh* :( looks like I'll have to wait til someone posts them on YouTube! + it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with? coz Machinima has their own channel on there, but YES!!! I'm sure it'll happen, give enough time ;)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Burn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Stuartmaximus wrote:it's daft that they're not on YouTube to begin with

No, it's not.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Regimus Prime » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 am

Those two episodes were worth it. I wish they would do a full length movie with a G1 script. Wishful thinking. :BOT:
Regimus Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Stuartmaximus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 am

Burn wrote:Which means I was able to get up in the morning and watch them whilst sitting on the toilet.

Bring on the morning bowel movements Titans!

thanks for that mental image, whilst I'm eating my breakfast >:oP

Burn wrote:

No, it's not.

Why does it not surprise me in your response in the fact that Machinima decided to broadcast this series on a website that limits its audience due to region restrictions! and I'm sure that other countries that cannot!!! view this series due to aforementioned restrictions would agree with you, and tell me.... where did Machinima broadcast Combiner Wars again? that's riiight! on their YouTube channel

and where will this current series eventually end up anyway? that's riiight! Youtube! so why not put it there in the first place
Last edited by Stuartmaximus on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Wow.....while the voice talent is better.....and the animation is ok....that's about it. It's not as awful as the Combiner Wars cartoon, but there are still plot holes galore and cringe-worthy dialogue. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the series.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Omegatron. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
So... any option for the 7ish billion people who don't live in the US?
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby Qwan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Omegatron. wrote:So... any option for the 7ish billion people who don't live in the US?
Not yet AFAIK. If it's done the same way as the CW series was (and all signs point to this being the case) then we'll just have to chill out until Machinima decides to put it out on their Youtube channel.

But hey, bright side, we get to enjoy a few more suffering-free hours than the US viewers do! :-P (Okay I should really stop bashing this series until I've given it an honest-to-goodness try, shouldn't I.)

Stuartmaximus wrote:and where will this current series eventually end up anyway? that's riiight! Youtube! so why not put it there in the first place
If I may step in with my trying-super-hard-to-sound-knowledgeable tuppence: branding deals or whatever. As best I understand it, Machinima/Hasbro/whoever is getting a pretty penny directly from go90 in return for their service being the exclusive carrier of the show within the US (and I'm sure, if go90 could have been bothered in the last nearly YEAR AND A HALF to expand their service beyond the US, it'd be exclusive to them in those countries too).

That's also why when the CW episodes went up on Machinima's Youtube channel (originally at least), they were region-locked so viewers in the US couldn't watch them - hence they have to use go90, exclusive distributor, more money for the folks behind the series, it all comes back around to that extra money. It may not seem to make sense for us, the viewers, but it sure as shootin' makes sense for the people deciding how the series will be distributed.

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Stuartmaximus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 am

Qwan wrote:we'll just have to chill out until Machinima decides to put it out on their Youtube channel.

or someone else? coz it doesn't HAVE to be Machinima that puts in on YouTube, no doubt others will post it there too!(& YES I know that if they do that, they run the risk of it getting taken down! but that's the kinda world that we live in today).
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Burn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:49 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:
Burn wrote:Which means I was able to get up in the morning and watch them whilst sitting on the toilet.

Burn wrote:

No, it's not.

Why does it not surprise me in your response in the fact that Machinima decided to broadcast this series on a website that limits its audience due to region restrictions! and I'm sure that other countries that cannot!!! view this series due to aforementioned restrictions would agree with you, and tell me.... where did Machinima broadcast Combiner Wars again? that's riiight! on their YouTube channel

and where will this current series eventually end up anyway? that's riiight! Youtube! so why not put it there in the first place

Just in case you've forgotten, you're ignoring me remember. :wink:
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Randomhero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:

Burn wrote:

No, it's not.

It’s called contracts dude. Go90 probably helped finance the series so they have exclusive distribution of it for now. If you wanna throw a fit and say YouTube remember they have their own exclusive service too, YouTube Red which you have to pay for so if YouTube was contracted like go90 than guess what? It’d be on youtubered and you’d be throwing a fit you have to pay to watch
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Watching the episodes, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, nothing amazing, but so far things aren't that bad.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby MadProject » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 am

Weapon: Sword
do you think that using a proxy would bypass the region lock?

I'd like to see the episodes, but hey, I'm one of the rest-of-the-world people who doesn't live in the US.
MadProject
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Y'know what? It was okay. It's not going to win any awards but the longer runtime allows for just a bit more character interaction than CW did. The acting is stiff and someone needs to tell the voice mixer that, if a character is interrupted, the other character should be SPEAKING right away. Awkward pauses abound. Buuuuuuuuut. It didn't suck.
Also apparently they still haven't made any more character models for the combiner components except those 3 Constructicons, so they're just going to stand around being giant all day as if they're permanently fused.
I won't say I'm looking forward to it but I'm not dreading it either. It's going to be an okay use of 20ish minutes each week.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 am

So far, the worst I can say about is that the Mistress of Flame still have some pretty terrible acting to the point that it almost feels like a parody of old bad English anime dubs. Lots of random pauses in her dialogue and bizarre emphasis on certain syllables in her words here and there.

Other than that, everyone else either sounds just okay at best (Windblade, Optimus) or bored at worst (Rodimus/Hot Rod, Metroplex, Perceptor). Megatron's just a cameo in the first episode and doesn't get any lines, so that's a shame so far. Windblade, at least, is no longer determined to kill everyone, so there's that.

The animation looks unchanged though the framerate, while still pretty poor, admittedly does not look quite as horrendous (for the most part) as it did in Combiner Wars.

As far as what little there is of the story, things so far just seem to be happening for the sake of happening. Little is really explained (which was par for the course for Combiner Wars) and the most bonkers thing of Starscream coming back in Trypticon's body was already spoiled by a trailer,
so there's less of a surprise to that here.

As of now, it doesn't seem to be quite as poor a first impression as Combiner Wars' beginning, but nothing too special yet either. Mostly just mild mediocrity at this point. We'll see how things play out in the weeks to come.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby steve2275 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Sabrblade wrote:Episodes 1 AND 2 are both now on go90:

https://www.go90.com/videos/2NhyXKyeaJh

https://www.go90.com/videos/8Ebc1KREnea

i appreciate the links
thank you
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 am

Yo, non-U.S. viewers! Until we get an official venue for watching outside the U.S., YouTuber Angelina Pax has put the episodes up broken down into chunk form. Here's a playlist with all the parts for episodes 1 and 2:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOtelJ6KGnO-wOGwFf3sMt_H5kRU4RQ9O

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 am

Burn wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Burn wrote:

No, it's not.

Just in case you've forgotten, you're ignoring me remember. :wink:

aren't you? >:oP

Burn wrote:

No, it's not.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ok so just before I went to sleep last night I went on go90 and figured I'd try, as I am on the west coast, and surprisingly they were there!. I'm just posting this morning because obviously, was too tired to post my thoughts. But I will say moving forward...I think I'll just wait until Tuesday Mornings, no need for these episodes to dominate my thoughts, and rob me of sleep on Monday Nights heh..

ok initial thoughts...well its definitely better than CW, but then so is a dumpster fire. Pretty cool they got Victor Caroli to return as the narrator, I wasn't expecting that, though the first 2 minuets recapping CW was as good waste of time.

I thought some of the dialogue was cringe worthy. In some parts it was ok, but then I think at some point whoever wrote the script realized, the script they wrote was the same amount they wrote for CW, and didn't understand they were going to have twice the animation length, so they had to pad it out. Some of the lapses between lines make Bill Shatner sound like Shakespeare. Mistress of Flame would fit right in with the sandy Frank dub of Gamera vs Guiron.

Some pluses- It was nice to see the individual Combiner components actually exist in this world as independent personalities. Also Perceptor, the *new* character for this series was probably the most decent fleshed out character thus far.

As for the story, I'm not sure what the motivation was for 'the gods" as Starscream refers to them, to transfer his spark to Trypticon. Also I'm getting this whole Mothra vs Godzilla vibe when looking at the impending battle between Metroplex & Trypticon (In the original 1964 film, Mathra was portrayed as older and weak, which is why the Twin fairies knew she would not survive her encounter with Godzilla)

The main characters are basically all split up, looks like It's up to Windblade to "Get the band back together"...whch I assume will take up a good portion of this shows story. Also...one wonders how the council got formed anyway...Starscream was corrupt, The Mistress of Flame is incompetent and doesn't know anything about anybody it seems, and Rodimus doesn't want to be a leader obviously...

There are two entries currently on Wikipedia that were not revealed in previews, and were not on TF wiki as of yesterday, for obvious reasons. I always take Wiki with a grain of salt because...well anyone can enter information into it. But there's:

Tay Zonday as the Chorus of the Primes (I can only guess this was who Rodimus was speaking to when he abdicated the Matrix)

&

Robin Atkin Downes as Overlord. This intrigues me a bit. But we have not seen his name in the credits (as far as I know), and nothing has been hinted at toward his appearing in this series. I mean it would be cool to see a few more characters show up, there are still eight episodes left. I'm just not sure with the limited budget it we will get any more surprises.

Since recently obtaining TLK Blu Ray Target exclusive with CW edited together as a movie, I was thinking to myself, when its all said and done TR will be between 100-110 minuets, pretty much a full movie. Watching Justice League Action has taught me, you can do quite a bit in 10 minuets to make a good and fun action packed story with only a few characters. Now I understand TR has probably 10% or less the budget of a cable network TV animated series, but if the pace does not even out a little, we could have the opposite problem we had with CW. Instead of not enough time, there could be in fact too much time, and this could feel like it drags on. I hope things pick up a bit, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

Tay Zonday is the Chorus of the Primes, yes.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tay_Zonday

As for the Overlord voice credit, that strikes me as another of Wikipedia's typical unfounded claims.

Are you sure about that narrator credit, though?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby leokearon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Yo, non-U.S. viewers! Until we get an official venue for watching outside the U.S., YouTuber Angelina Pax has put the episodes up broken down into chunk form. Here's a playlist with all the parts for episodes 1 and 2:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOtelJ6KGnO-wOGwFf3sMt_H5kRU4RQ9O

I'll wait until an official non-us channel appears. Watching it in bits defeats the point of having 10 minute episode
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Seibertron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Anyone else having trouble understanding what Hot Rod said during his scene with the Matrix and Vector Sigma (?), or whatever he was talking to? I could not understand anything he was saying nor could I understand the "Quintesson"/"Vok" sounding voice to whom he was speaking. I picked up a few words, but most of what they were saying was inaudible.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PREDACON W/ SIDE BURN + SKID-Z Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231209A"
PREDACON W/ SIDE B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MONOCLE Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 190615a"
MONOCLE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete Hasbro 2005 Powerlinx 230427B"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKID-Z Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKID-Z Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON