This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Transformer toys sold at retail but NOT in the US

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Top 5 Transformer toys sold at retail but NOT in the US

Postby ScottyP » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Agreed on Overlord, but let's not forget the true number 2:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Actually, Prime FE Cliff did get a U.S. Release at Toys R Us, considering I bought mine after unexpectedly finding it at said toy store.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Slashercon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I know others have already said this, But I managed to luck out and find First Edition Cliffjumper at Toys R Us a couple of years back.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Slashercon wrote:I know others have already said this, But I managed to luck out and find First Edition Cliffjumper at Toys R Us a couple of years back.

Yeah, apparently everyone and their dog managed to get him at retail >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rated X » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I also saw first edition cliffjumper in retail and I passed. The only one I bought from that line was Vechicon and I have never transformed him back to car mode again. Way too complex.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Rated X wrote:I also saw first edition cliffjumper in retail and I passed. The only one I bought from that line was Vechicon and I have never transformed him back to car mode again. Way too complex.

Really? which one? I've heard the non fe version is better, but I never thought that it would be overly complicated :-?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Burn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
And not a single mention of G1.5 was made ... again ... >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Burn wrote:And not a single mention of G1.5 was made ... again ... >:oP

He mentioned Thunder Clash and the Predators. :)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Mentions mean nothing to me. This is just ANOTHER example of Va'al and his cronies blatantly excluding the awesomeness of Stalker just to spite me. >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Starsaber468 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:I also saw first edition cliffjumper in retail and I passed. The only one I bought from that line was Vechicon and I have never transformed him back to car mode again. Way too complex.

The first edition fogures wer ewqy better than the normal prime figure representations they were way more show accurate and quite worth getting
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby empyre327 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Bakudora. . .
empyre327
Mini-Con
Buy from empyre327 on eBay

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Starsaber468 wrote:

The first edition fogures wer ewqy better than the normal prime figure representations they were way more show accurate and quite worth getting

I'd say the "mainline" (PRiD subline) has the better Arcee and Vehicon figures, but everyone else is pretty much 10 times better in First Edition.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby prjkt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:19 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
carytheone wrote:Its already been said, but I found FE Cliffy at my local TRU. At one point they had the FE, Terrorcon and the GDO version on pegs next to each other. I'm glad to see Prime Breakdown in the honorable mentions. I'd add Air Vehicon as well. Two bots I hope to get one day.

I just hot my Jet Vehicon last week - great figure!
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rated X » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:26 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Really? which one? I've heard the non fe version is better, but I never thought that it would be overly complicated :-?

The one I have is the first edition. And it is extremely over complicated. Transforming it is no fun almost on a DOTM mixmaster level. I havent seen the car mode since I ripped it out the package. Never got the other version though. I just wanted the fancy version to incorporate into my classics collection as a generic decepticon.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Prime Nova » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:28 am

Ultra Magnus - the one on the right is currently on sale in the UK at £5.99 (about $8)
Victory toys - 4 of the set where released in the UK & I had the tank
Overlord - had a look at his box lots of times back in 1990, quite a few in stock in UK stores in the gold box.
Prime Nova
Mini-Con

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Ironhidensh wrote:It's hard for me to care about a figure that wasn't released in the US since that means he probably doesn't appear in TV or comic books.

Prime Breakdown is one exception
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:It's hard for me to care about a figure that wasn't released in the US since that means he probably doesn't appear in TV or comic books.

Prime Breakdown is one exception

Prime Unicron was in the show too right? And the US didnt get this toy either.

And people probably dont care but there are 2 toys representing Megatron when he is posessed by Unicron and neither made it to the US:

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Unicron Megatron Gallery
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:15 pm

You know guys, I was thinking, and since I am hoping these lists will be viewed years down the line, I feel it's best that they can be improved on if need be. Since this list was about a country I don't actually dwell with and was more about facts than opinions, I don't mind improving it a bit. So I added to the 4th entry for it to encompass the Prime toys the states didn't get, which actually happen through 4 lines (Beast Hunters Cyberverse, Arms Micron, Construct-bots and the upscaled Legions). While it's too bad some G1 toys were kept to certain georgraphic regions, you would think that today's business practices would have evolved with both Takara and Hasbro being more in sync on some obvious stuff (like Breakdown!), but this showed that it was clearly not the case.

So here is the improved list thanks for all your help!

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/top-5-transformer-toys-sold-at-retail-but-not-in-the-us/33481/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby griftimus prime » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
breakdown wins this one easily. i was pissed. what about combiner wars groove?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
I figured it had been said enough, and didn't have any plans to comment again on it myself... but since you ended up feeling the need to update #4 after all, how can it still say, "The First Edition figures like Transformer Prime First Edition Cliffjumper were available worldwide aside from the US, who instead only had the less accurate and less detailed Robots in Disguise subline toys in store," after the plethora of people who have commented with evidence to the contrary? Yes, you do go on to say, "Muuuuch later, it seems every toy found it's way to Toysrus though not every location got them and there were not too many to go around." But saying that loophole still allows the inclusion of that toy on the list seems rather silly.

If it was sold at U.S. retail, even if its release was delayed and a bit limited, it shouldn't be on a list titled, "Top 5 Transformer toys sold at retail but NOT in the US." Doesn't seem much room for grey area there.

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:28 pm

griftimus prime wrote:breakdown wins this one easily. i was pissed. what about combiner wars groove?

Well Hasbro said "we'll see" so while we can write about it here, I wouldnt feel comfortable putting it on the list.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Yotsuyasan wrote:I figured it had been said enough, and didn't have any plans to comment again on it myself... but since you ended up feeling the need to update #4 after all, how can it still say, "The First Edition figures like Transformer Prime First Edition Cliffjumper were available worldwide aside from the US, who instead only had the less accurate and less detailed Robots in Disguise subline toys in store," after the plethora of people who have commented with evidence to the contrary? Yes, you do go on to say, "Muuuuch later, it seems every toy found it's way to Toysrus though not every location got them and there were not too many to go around." But saying that loophole still allows the inclusion of that toy on the list seems rather silly.

If it was sold at U.S. retail, even if its release was delayed and a bit limited, it shouldn't be on a list titled, "Top 5 Transformer toys sold at retail but NOT in the US." Doesn't seem much room for grey area there.

Well these lists serve as reference so I found it fun to discuss the history of this line and how it started really bad for the states compared to the entire world and it was an indication of things to come. I found it pretty important to point out in an article about the states not getting toys, how they didnt get these figures at first which were for a main show. I still cant wrap my mind about how Hasbro decided to distribute everywhere else instead of the country they are based in. So I feel this is the best place to talk about it. It's not a loophole, just a quick history lesson. And I dont think it should be ignored. I want it to be remembered, because it sure as hell isnt fun to have everyone else get these fun toys at retail when you don't. If ever Canada does get Generations Arcee, for instance, I wont automatically forgive Hasbro for having taken so long to distribute it. And it sucks (for Arcee and all those first edition prime toys) that so many fans are left buying them for a premium not knowing when, if ever, these would be available in retail.

Sorry if you find it silly, I found it important in a list about the woes of distribution.

Oh and another little reason I kept it is because I wanted the comments in this thread to stay relevant to whoever reads them whenever they end up reading this. Now those comments become a celebration of having found some toys that were thought to never come out :) Everything stays relevant while the content is improved.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Can confirm that Canada at least had a couple of First Edition Cliffjumpers.

Regret not getting it or any other version of the mold.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby morphobots » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

When I was younger, living at home without the responsibilities of "adult" life, I went on a tear tracking down as many G1 Asian exclusives as possible before my window of opportunity closed. Even though I was able to score a Grand Maximus during that time, Overlord is without a doubt the crown jewel of that search. He defies categorization, being a Godmaster, A Duocon, a city-former, and a triple-changer all in one. Today, if I had to choose, I'd love to get the deluxe DOTM Leadfoot Hasbro yanked here right before US release, but the scalper prices are just too outrageous for a figure not even 10 years old.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:09 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Can confirm that Canada at least had a couple of First Edition Cliffjumpers.

Regret not getting it or any other version of the mold.

Yup and he was still available in retail as of last year when I picked him up at Archambault (along with first edition starscream and bumblebee) thanks to a tip from kanrabat.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON