This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The latest Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye preview is up on iTunes. Issue #44 has an expected release date of September 2. Just be cautious as the following three page preview mirrored below has big things happening and contains spoilers.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Glad to see Megatron getting a bit more integrated with the Lost Lighters.

His Vos line made me smile, and Hot Rod carrying Thunderclash's WALL just to have a map to Cyberutopia...

I'm looking fore-ward to this issue, that's for sure.
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!

So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Yweggo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Magnus' line on the fourth panel of page three about sums up most of the series.
Primus apotheosis is my new favorite thing.
Yweggo
Minibot

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Finally: The necrobot returns! And Megs is actually trying to run with the banter. yay! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:58 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!

So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.

You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Randomhero wrote:

You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.

Well I was being sarcastic the the ALL THE SPOILERS especially if you consider how many ones where mixed in with the exclamation marks. Plus even though the sneak peak noted spoilers, i'm sure someone would've been asked me, or told me I should've put those points in the spoiler text

. As for the Ultra magnus being Tarn, I see it being plausible. However there are multiple reasons as to why I don't believe in that is mostly because the characteristics, such as the love of music as being coincidental. I doubt that Minumus Ambus would assume every characteristic of the previous ultra mangni, or at the least the first, considering there are inconsistencies between all of them. The only thing that lends credence is the fact someone knew about the panic button, and the fact someone was inside ultra magnus, however that could also have been coincidental, or someone other than tarn removed magnus's hand. I'm still more inclined to believe it's roller because we had an entire issue showing roller had many of the same tendencies and traits as tarn, and went MIA. The original Ultra Magnus has not shown any of the same personality traits, much less addictive personality traits in autocracy, monstrosity and primacy. Nor has it been hinted that the original Ultra Magnus was a loadbearer in armor, meaning that he wouldn't have had knowledge of the panic button in the palm either. Adding to that, the magnus armor we know Minimus Ambus to wear, as well as the previous load bearers, was created after the original Ultra Magnus's death. Another point, is that of some speculation. Chief Justice Tyrest would be one of the few people to probably know the circumstance under which the Original Ultra Magnus died, and used that information to build the magnus armor. Not first hand, but it's not unlikely he found out how he died, or how he didn't. If it were the latter it would've probably been noted at some point from some of the higher ups including Tyrest.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I'm still sticking with my theory that Dominus Ambus is Tarn. also like the idea of Skids being Vos :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:40 am

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Well I was being sarcastic the the ALL THE SPOILERS especially if you consider how many ones where mixed in with the exclamation marks. Plus even though the sneak peak noted spoilers, i'm sure someone would've been asked me, or told me I should've put those points in the spoiler text

. As for the Ultra magnus being Tarn, I see it being plausible. However there are multiple reasons as to why I don't believe in that is mostly because the characteristics, such as the love of music as being coincidental. I doubt that Minumus Ambus would assume every characteristic of the previous ultra mangni, or at the least the first, considering there are inconsistencies between all of them. The only thing that lends credence is the fact someone knew about the panic button, and the fact someone was inside ultra magnus, however that could also have been coincidental, or someone other than tarn removed magnus's hand. I'm still more inclined to believe it's roller because we had an entire issue showing roller had many of the same tendencies and traits as tarn, and went MIA. The original Ultra Magnus has not shown any of the same personality traits, much less addictive personality traits in autocracy, monstrosity and primacy. Nor has it been hinted that the original Ultra Magnus was a loadbearer in armor, meaning that he wouldn't have had knowledge of the panic button in the palm either. Adding to that, the magnus armor we know Minimus Ambus to wear, as well as the previous load bearers, was created after the original Ultra Magnus's death. Another point, is that of some speculation. Chief Justice Tyrest would be one of the few people to probably know the circumstance under which the Original Ultra Magnus died, and used that information to build the magnus armor. Not first hand, but it's not unlikely he found out how he died, or how he didn't. If it were the latter it would've probably been noted at some point from some of the higher ups including Tyrest.

Ah but here's the thing, Ambus does take on the characteristics and even improves on them. We've seen through flashbacks that the previous Magnus bearers had ticks and Ambus having OCD has improved in them. Previous Magnus wearers have been shown to be dirty, reckless over charismatic , and wear crooked badges. Things Ambus removed and improved on when taking the mantle. Also, like I said Minimus has OCD so he would take on the characteristics of the person he's trying to become Magnus and be the best. That's why the only people who knew about the armor were not people who figured it out big people who were informed.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:55 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I love this discussion guys. This is one of my favorite MTMTE story lines right now, but I don't remember all of these specifics like you do.

I am sure the current Magnus could talk someone to death. That's how they made it seem early on in MTMTE when Tailgate was becoming an Autobot and learning all of the code/rules.

I'm in the camp that still believes Roller is Tarn. However, I like the speculative theory on Dominus and Original Magnus. I already feel let down that agent 113 has been revealed so quickly in this manner.

Skids being Vos being Agent 113... Now that is a fun theory to try to prove.

Sad to have to wait nearly two weeks to read the rest of this.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Randomhero » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 am

To be fair, Agent 113 is really only for the hardcore fans that read bullets. If you didn't pick up the trade or Hardcover to LSTOW or didn't read it at all then this is your first introduction to that character and concept. Depends on the point of view of fans. I read bullets when it came out, I've seen the theories and personally I'm not bothered by agent 113. This reveal for me was fine because I wasn't invested in the theories and speculation and don't take this personal but the over hypeness of 113
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am

I don't believe it's Roller because it's too blatant, that's not how Roberts writes.

One theory I'll throw to you all is this and keep in mind this is just a fun theory. I really think it's Magnus but I have a second theory about Tarn. What if it's Senator Proteus? There's a flaskback of Starscream having Proteus at gunpoint but it didn't show Starscream shoot. What if they took Proteus and performed shadow play on him as an act of revenge for what was done to Shockwave and what was attempted on Megatron. You take the one person who truly started this war, the one person who hated megatron and the Decepticons the most and you turn him into the most loyal soldier ever.

This is just a fun theory.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:27 am

Randomhero wrote:I don't believe it's Roller because it's too blatant, that's not how Roberts writes.

One theory I'll throw to you all is this and keep in mind this is just a fun theory. I really think it's Magnus but I have a second theory about Tarn. What if it's Senator Proteus? There's a flaskback of Starscream having Proteus at gunpoint but it didn't show Starscream shoot. What if they took Proteus and performed shadow play on him as an act of revenge for what was done to Shockwave and what was attempted on Megatron. You take the one person who truly started this war, the one person who hated megatron and the Decepticons the most and you turn him into the most loyal soldier ever.

This is just a fun theory.

Fun theory nonetheless, and I agree: Roller is too blatant. Roberts surprises people, yet makes the conclusion make complete sense. Roller makes too much sense to me, and considering the interest in Dominus, I feel he has to be involved. He could be Tarn, or even he was the original Vos, not Skids. But Skids is connected somehow to them, as is Magnus. Just gotta find out how :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 am

Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Ah but here's the thing, Ambus does take on the characteristics and even improves on them. We've seen through flashbacks that the previous Magnus bearers had ticks and Ambus having OCD has improved in them. Previous Magnus wearers have been shown to be dirty, reckless over charismatic , and wear crooked badges. Things Ambus removed and improved on when taking the mantle. Also, like I said Minimus has OCD so he would take on the characteristics of the person he's trying to become Magnus and be the best. That's why the only people who knew about the armor were not people who figured it out big people who were informed.

So? That's minmus ambus's OCD because he's an idealist. He has an ideal of who being ultra magnus is, just like any other load bearer in the armor. That dosen't mean he will adopt the traits of the others. He'll improve himself to be what he thinks ultra magnus is. And again, if it's the original Ultra Magnus, how would he know about the features of the magnus armor worn by Minimus Ambus. Even if the original ultra magnus was also a dude in a suit, he wouldn't know about the panic button because that suit, or that version of the magnus armor, was created after his death. I doubt the original ultra magnus also had a recall switch; because that feature was made after his death. The recall switch i there so that upon the death of one Ultra Magnus, the armor and whateve was lef inside it) would be returned to Tyrest so he could find a new enforcer. And again, when it comes ito it, in the issues we've had so far there haven't been mentions of the original Ultra magnus's personality being similar to Tarns, if that were the case, and Minimus Ambus adopted every personality trait of the original, he'd act more like tarn to keep suspicions low of him not being ultra magnus. The original Ultra Magnus, and by extension Lil' Freddy Mercury if he adopted all of the original's traits not to raise suspesions, haven't shown:

An Addictive personality (Even if other people were writing Primacy etc, I'm sure roberts would've asked barber to pass on a note about Ultra Magnus's personality being strange, or else that would've been a magor ball dropped)

A knowledge and respect for Mein Kampf Towards Peace

Respect of Megatron political aspirations.

Empathy, and/or Sympathy to the Decepticon movement pre-war.

An inferiority complex. Tarn has had his body extensively modified, because he felt inferior to the Phase Sixers and their ecuvelents prior to his establishment as Tarn.

Outlier abilities. Tarn is possibly an outlier due to literraly being able to "weaponize conversation"

And if you say, the reason is because shadow play, that's doubtful. We've established Lobe and his assistants joined the decipticons after their time at the institution, and that shadow play dampens or suppresses emotion. Tarn is one of the most passionate emotional people in the canon of More Than Meets the Eye. Most likely their purpose with Tarn no matter who he is, was to oversee, or aid in the extensive, and most likely dangerous body modifications to make him akin to a Phase Sixer.

As for the Dominus Ambus discussion, i also find it plausible, however, here are my problems with that. Dominus authored a work called The Ascetic Cybertronian, in which he wrote, "Pleasure is a distraction from pursuit of truth." IF he believed that, we would see tarn doesn't have things he likes, he wouldn't have his hobbies, it would be shown all that is to tarn is the decipticon cause. It's established tarn likes things outside of that pursuit, music being one, and he's never said anything similar or to that effect to other members of the DJD. If that were the case, then all of them would act like bureaucrats, and not be as much of sadists. There would be an orderly process as how they make examples of people, and not "hey lets put his brain in his mouth, that's got me at half chub". And again, we haven't had anything establishing Dominus had any of the traits seen in Tarn, no addictive personality, no outlier-ness, no inferiority complex, et ceterra. and if he had those, they would've been shown, or mentioned in the alternate timeline, the place we've probably spent the most time with Dominus.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:26 am

All im saying is look at the clues that Roberts sprinkles around MTMTE. Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus clues were all over the place. Not Minimus himself but the idea that Magnus wasn't the real Magnus. Roberts likes to leave drops not spills. The roller/tarn clues are blatant spills, not drops. There's hints that prove my theories of Magnus being tarn or even proteus. Roberts created proteus when he didn't have to because Senator Decimus was already created back in Megatron Origin. Decimus was more than enough to be the figure head of megatrons push and was for 6 years before MTMTE expanded on megatron origin. Roberts came along and created Proteus who has been extremely important to mtmtes lore and still hasn't had a pay off.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:47 am

Randomhero wrote:All im saying is look at the clues that Roberts sprinkles around MTMTE. Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus clues were all over the place. Not Minimus himself but the idea that Magnus wasn't the real Magnus. Roberts likes to leave drops not spills. The roller/tarn clues are blatant spills, not drops. There's hints that prove my theories of Magnus being tarn or even Proteus. Roberts created proteus when he didn't have to because Senator Decimus was already created back in Megatron Origin. Decimus was more than enough to be the figure head of megatrons push and was for 6 years before MTMTE expanded on megatron origin. Roberts came along and created Proteus who has been extremely important to mtmtes lore and still hasn't had a pay off.

I get what you're saying, Absence Of Evidence Is Not Evidence Of Absence, and I agree, to an extent, but that extent is that the opposite is true. Just because the Original Ultra Magnus hasn't shown the trait similar to Tarn in the "-aracy" comics dosen't mean he can't be; same with Dominus. What i'm saying is, looking at it logistically, I personally can't find evidence to that fact. If I have evidence to the contrary i'll evaluate it, so please provide me evedence. Also, not being a dick, what does "Magnus being tarn or even Proteus" mean,? Last time I checked he was very, very dead. killed by starscream if i'm not mistaken. Also literally beside being a red herring, what purpose would including roller have in the story of more than meets the eye. Or would his story just be saved for issue #100.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:19 am

We saw Starscream point his gun at him but we didn't see him shoot him. All we saw washim pointing a gun at at proteus . Roberts has never come out and said Proteus is dead. We're led to assume he did but people assume a lot on MTMTE and 9/10 Roberts throws a curveball our way and we never saw it coming. Just like how we saw Pharma fall to his death only to turn up a year later. Everyone thought Pharma died only to survive the fall and be saved by Tyrest. Or even tailgate, he led everyone to believe he led a huge life and we believed it only to reveal he was a garbage man. Flashbacks even showed him doing great stuff like him handing handing a data pad to convince nova pushing to go to the stars where in fact it was probably him handing nova a sanitation report about the Ark.

This is Roberts! He doesn't introduce characters and throws them away. This is just a fun theory I have but if Megatron had the best mnumosurgeon in history and we've seen tarn being rebuilt by lobe, it's very possible Megatron turned Proteus into the thing he utterly hates as the greatest form of irony.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 am

Randomhero wrote:We saw Starscream point his gun at him but we didn't see him shoot him. All we saw washim pointing a gun at at proteus . Roberts has never come out and said Proteus is dead. We're led to assume he did but people assume a lot on MTMTE and 9/10 Roberts throws a curveball our way and we never saw it coming. Just like how we saw Pharma fall to his death only to turn up a year later. Everyone thought Pharma died only to survive the fall and be saved by Tyrest. Or even tailgate, he led everyone to believe he led a huge life and we believed it only to reveal he was a garbage man. Flashbacks even showed him doing great stuff like him handing handing a data pad to convince nova pushing to go to the stars where in fact it was probably him handing nova a sanitation report about the Ark.

This is Roberts! He doesn't introduce characters and throws them away. This is just a fun theory I have but if Megatron had the best mnumosurgeon in history and we've seen tarn being rebuilt by lobe, it's very possible Megatron turned Proteus into the thing he utterly hates as the greatest form of irony.

Again, it's plausible. Even if starscream didn't kill him, I don't see how or particularly why the decepticons would want him alive. Or why from a writing perspective they'd end on that "cliffhanger" on gun to his head, instead of like, "I want to see to him personally starscream!". Not literally i can't remember all of it. I get the irony argument, but you would think that A. that kinda goes against the way Roberts portrays megatron because of his aversion to mnumosurgery in about all forms. And B seems simple enough of an answer that megatron would probably bring it up, like oh yeah, that tarn guy, oh man, we **** him up, used to be this guy called Proteus. You could say that for every candidate megatron just saying who it is, but with your reasoning Proteus is that it was revenge, which would mean megatron was the one to explicitly call for it. With the other's there's some ambiguity. Maybe megatron didn't know who they were before, or maybe someone else, lobe even, dealt with them, recruiting them and turning them into Tarn. Also we kinda already had something like that happen with ratbat, it'd kinda cheapen the irony of ratbat to say, oh yeah, we did that to another senator. Also, in fairness to pharma, falling off like a precipice is like one of the oldest fake out tropes there is.
Last edited by SW's SilverHammer on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:49 am

But who says Tarn's identity is a secret? Tarn's identity could very much be like how shockwave was handled. Everyone knew who shockwave used to be but after 4 million years it just didn't matter anymore. It's very possible the mystery of Tarn's identity is just for us and not the characters in the book. Prowl made a small comment back in issue 14 that everyone might know who he is and Blup even made a comment before his death that his identity is well known.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:54 am

Randomhero wrote:But who says Tarn's identity is a secret? Tarn's identity could very much be like how shockwave was handled. Everyone knew who shockwave used to be but after 4 million years it just didn't matter anymore. It's very possible the mystery of Tarn's identity is just for us and not the characters in the book. Prowl made a small comment back in issue 14 that everyone might know who he is and Blup even made a comment before his death that his identity is well known.

Then why has it not been mentioned causally? Shokwave's name, was shockwave before and after. tarn, like the other member of the DJD is just a title. If no one cares, and everyone knows who he is, why not make it a well known fact.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 am

Why should it be? It doesn't matter to anyone on the lost light. The DJD have shown up in 6 issues of MTMTE out of 45 issues. While they are a huge threat, they are not the end game in the crews point of view. They are to us-the fans- because we know what's coming but the crew does not. Tarn means nothing to anyone on that ship aside from Megatron but Megatron isn't going around telling the crew everything about the Decepticons because it doesn't matter. How many times has tarn been brought up by anyone on the ship? Never. He means nothing to anyone on that ship and there's never been a point on the lost light because it doesn't matter to them.

Other than what happened on the other lost light and trailbreakers death, the DJD mean nothing to them. While the fans know the DJD are an enormous deal, they're not to a crew of 200 Autobots searching for the knights of cybertron.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 am

Randomhero wrote:Why should it be? It doesn't matter to anyone on the lost light. The DJD have shown up in 6 issues of MTMTE out of 45 issues. While they are a huge threat, they are not the end game in the crews point of view. They are to us-the fans- because we know what's coming but the crew does not. Tarn means nothing to anyone on that ship aside from Megatron but Megatron isn't going around telling the crew everything about the Decepticons because it doesn't matter. How many times has tarn been brought up by anyone on the ship? Never. He means nothing to anyone on that ship and there's never been a point on the lost light because it doesn't matter to them.

Other than what happened on the other lost light and trailbreakers death, the DJD mean nothing to them. While the fans know the DJD are an enormous deal, they're not to a crew of 200 Autobots searching for the nights of cybertron.

If it doesn't matter in the context of the fictional universe, why does the writer want the reader to focus on it? If there's absolutely no point, what so ever to the mystery, why is it even a thing. Why was it even written. Why would the writer devote so much time to giving the audience an absolutely pointless mystery, that has no consequence, what so ever on the plot. Why are there even remote hints he could be someone else. Why can't he be just another person, just super OP one that likes to wear a decepticon mask? Literally that right there invalidated every thing written remotely about tarn, because it would be an absolutely pointless waste of plot.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 am

James isn't giving a lot of of time to it. The fans are. We-the fans- are the ones putting in the time trying to find any hint and digging to try and find out these things.

There's people who took that issue of elegant chaos with roller and saw all these blatant hints that roller is tarn and said without a doubt that Tarn is roller. But there are other people who say Roberts did that deliberately because he is aware of all the speculation and gets that stuff rammed down his throat on social media and did it to deliberately mess with the fans. Something James does do and is very good at it.
Last edited by Randomhero on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:44 am

Randomhero wrote:James isn't giving a lot of of time to it. The fans are. We-the fans- are the ones putting in the time trying to find any hint and digging to try and find out these things.

There's people who told took that issue of elegant chaos with roller and saw all these blatant hints that roller is tarn and said without a doubt that Tarn is roller. But there are other people who say Roberts did that deliberately because he is aware of all the speculation and gets that stuff rammed down his throat on social media and did it to deliberately mess with the fans. Something James does do and is very good at it.

Then again, what's the point either way? It's a waste of time just to show hey tarn could be roller, but I could be **** with you. If his identity truly doesn't matter, and it's already well known, just show, who tarn is, or show tarn's a another dude entirely at that rate. No reason not to have a panel of him looking forlorn at his mask in #39. No reason to imply he had a past identity if it doesn't matter. Keeping something entirely pointless, and inconsequential, a total mystery is bad writing, either showing open apathy to the reader, or laziness.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Randomhero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 am

Keeps you reading and guessing though.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #140 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC210 Riddler Mortimer"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile blank sketch Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230686"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2023 0723DC814 1C (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #122 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230704"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YOUNG ROMANCE #125 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC214 (CA) Romita"
NEW!
YOUNG ROMANCE #125 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition FOIL DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC260 (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics SEP230775 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 (CA) Mobili 240305A"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 OCT230691 Miller"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON