IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:06 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Review will be late due to offscreen life. Sorry. :(
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Review

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
The Not Knowing
A Review, Maybe

Spoiler Heavy Throughout

Image


With our charming and prestigious Comics Editor and News Administrator Va'al otherwise indisposed, it's fallen on me to take up the reigns for this week's review of IDW's More Than Meets The Eye #44. As warned already, this one will be spoiler heavy throughout, because there's no way I can adequately review this thing if I'm trying to not tell you things about it. Since some of the text gets front paged, I'm just typing up things to delay the start of the actual review. This is your Swerve recap. Need a review with no spoilers? Here it is: stop reading my stupid words and go buy this. Now. Stop, really, and go spend $4 right the hell now on this book. I'm serious, if you want to read this issue (you do), and you read this review beforehand, you will regret it. Don't have regrets, the internet can wait.

Image


So with all that out of the way, let me tell you what author James Roberts has done here. This is an issue about the value of life, dogma, love, hope, expectation, and consequences. Oh, and Transformers, I suppose. Strap in your feelings, we're going for a ride.

Image


We'll start with Rodimus, like you do when writing about MTMTE. We're joined on the first page with Rewind attempting to tell Rodimus a story, this time about the mysterious, legendary Necrobot. Rodimus, naturally, seems to not care. There are more important things that can be done, like get attention for being The Best Guy because he's carved a map to Cyberutopia on a table. Forget this side-quest, The Best Captain has done a thing, so naturally, we have to follow up on this.

Image


Only this doesn't go to plan for him, as Megatron, The Other Captain, thinks one more little side quest isn't such a big deal. Under the guise of continuing to be very, almost unusually, caring about Rewind, off they go to look for the Necrobot. Why do they do this?

Image


Well that's something, isn't it? So off they go, eventually landing on the Necrobot's planet. Without going into too much plot summary (much of the above was in the previews anyhow), and without spoiling too much of the absolutely stunning art by Hayato Sakamoto, colored by Joana Lafuente in images, there are some other themes and points worth serious note.

First, the buddy cop duo that never was/is likely never to be: Nightbeat and the Necrobot.

Image


At the start of this issue, we know positively very extremely little about the Necrobot. Within the confines of this one single comic, we learn a gigantic ton about him. The Necrobot, through his interaction with Nightbeat, is wholly fleshed out as a character. The storytelling here is simply marvelous, touching on Nightbeat's expectations that maybe, just maybe there's something more to the ideas of religious dogma, or supernatural powers existing in the universe. It turns out that the Necrobot doesn't live up to this, he's really just a guy (I told you there would be spoilers) named Censere. Censere tells him, in my favorite panel of the book, that he should still hope anyhow if he wants to. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Oh, and his cape. I want one. Just go read it, you'll see what I mean.

Next, but not last, it's time to reflect on the latest goings on in my favorite romance in fiction these days: Chromedome and Rewind.

Image
Salt in the wound


As a guideline, I'm never much into fictional romance. Love is a fickle thing and it's extremely hard to make a compelling story about it without falling into, literally, a gillion tropes, cliches, and stretches of cringe-worthy dialogue. Roberts continues to utterly avoid all of this and provide a story about two souls on a journey that deeply care about one another to their core. I should also point out that this is yet more consistent, meaningful, and impacting character development that's handled in just the fewest of pages. It doesn't take a lot of time to be satisfying, and this is where I point out that the lettering of Tom B. Long really helps in setting the dialogue's tone appropriately. The voices in your head won't emphasize the wrong words, which can't always be said in comics.

Finally, the least obvious (until the end, that is) featured story in the issue. Who is this issue about, really?

Image
To think, I once thought that smirk would never conceal anything except "evil"


The renaissance of Megatron is continued here, and he's always there in this one, just off to the side, sometimes being snarky, but then... well, I'm not going to post the last two page spread because it's incredible. With the last sentence of this book, any emotions I had to spend were spent. Sometimes consequences aren't as material as you want them to be. Instead, they end up being something more, something worse - true guilt.

Verdict
Image


This one's an embodiment of Samwise Gamgee's very famous lines from Tolkien's The Two Towers, but everyone knows those, I think. Is this the best comic I've ever read? Probably. As I said at the start, go buy this. Maybe buy one for a friend too.

. :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: out of :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON:


Bonus! James Roberts' soundtrack suggestions for this issue:
  • The Smiths - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
  • A Camp - Song for the Leftovers
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5387
News Credits: 604
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:23 am

Wow a perfect score for a book with quite a bit of continuity errors? Well okay then.

Honestly this was okay. I don't have a problem with the Necrobot and like I said before I didn't mind the reveal of 113 especially since he wasn't a very big deal to the IDW verse unless you read bullets and over hyped yourself about it.

The issue was fine, nothing mind blowing and pretty predictable. Last two pages were great, it was what I expected but had weight which is good.

It's an average issue. Collected as volume 8 I think this is the second lowest collection next to Remain in Light. Two good opening issues followed by a real "meh" red dwarf fanfic with transformers, then an over meta issue that isn't going to read well due to relying on the Swerve recaps that are not included in the previous trades when it was used and ends on a pretty average issue.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2684
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I thought it was an amazing issue. It really did speak volumes for Megatron and Nightbeat, plus chromedome and rewind. And I did not notice any real continuity errors, so I fail to see where that is coming from. This was both an explanatory read and an emotional one, and I for one am touched. Megatron has really grown on me, like a lot :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21189
News Credits: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Yeah, I'm curious about continuity errors. I didn't notice any, then again, the impact of the story would have distracted me from them. All I know of is a footnote error which JR acknowledged on Twitter, so I'm sure that'll get taken care of in the trade.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5387
News Credits: 604
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:09 am

ScottyP wrote:Yeah, I'm curious about continuity errors. I didn't notice any, then again, the impact of the story would have distracted me from them. All I know of is a footnote error which JR acknowledged on Twitter, so I'm sure that'll get taken care of in the trade.



I caught them while reading. Someone listed them on the issues page at tfwiki. They're sound
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2684
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:14 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Yeah, I'm curious about continuity errors. I didn't notice any, then again, the impact of the story would have distracted me from them. All I know of is a footnote error which JR acknowledged on Twitter, so I'm sure that'll get taken care of in the trade.



I caught them while reading. Someone listed them on the issues page at tfwiki. They're sound
From that page on TF Wiki, here are the errors:

  • The Necrobot introduces himself as "Censere", but when Nightbeat speaks his name during their farewell, he calls him "Censerre", with an extra "r". It's not clear which is the error.
  • When Nightbeat talks about his death, the footnote states he died in Spotlight: Nightbeat, rather than Spotlight: Hardhead.
  • Dominus Ambus's name is described as being "three from the bottom" on the monolith, but the art shows it being on the bottom line.
So a typo, a footnote issue that the author's noted, and something pretty much inconsequential.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5387
News Credits: 604
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby 1984forever » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 am

Just ... weird.

Why was Rodimus drawn as a fembot from the waist down?

I believe that MTMTE is aimed at the LGBT portion of the fandom and Hasbro knows this which is why MTMTE is never included as a pack in comic with the toys.

Since the MTMTE is not intended for me I will be dropping the book before #50. There won't be much to see after #50 since the book seems to be collapsing in on itself anyway.
1984forever
Targetmaster
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 am
Location: Brooklyn NY

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby snavej » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:53 am

Is that grass in the Autobot graveyard? Are those graves on Cybertron or another world? We need to know! [Personally, I think that it would be much more economical to recycle Autobots for their parts than to bury them uselessly, especially during wartime.]
snavej
Vehicon
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:24 am

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Pretty sure errors would be dock if it was by costa and Schmidt...just saying

One error I actually noticed is nightbeat saying the Necrobot Is the oldest he's met yet he's met Alpha Trion- a thirteen-, Galvatron and nova prime. Not to mention Omega Supreme and a Titan, both of which were considered the oldest cybertronians in existence. Metroplex is believed to know the guiding hand and the Knights to which he won't speak of because the current generation is unworthy.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2684
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Yeah, I'm curious about continuity errors. I didn't notice any, then again, the impact of the story would have distracted me from them. All I know of is a footnote error which JR acknowledged on Twitter, so I'm sure that'll get taken care of in the trade.



I caught them while reading. Someone listed them on the issues page at tfwiki. They're sound
From that page on TF Wiki, here are the errors:

  • The Necrobot introduces himself as "Censere", but when Nightbeat speaks his name during their farewell, he calls him "Censerre", with an extra "r". It's not clear which is the error.
  • When Nightbeat talks about his death, the footnote states he died in Spotlight: Nightbeat, rather than Spotlight: Hardhead.
  • Dominus Ambus's name is described as being "three from the bottom" on the monolith, but the art shows it being on the bottom line.
So a typo, a footnote issue that the author's noted, and something pretty much inconsequential.

Yeah, there are no real continuity errors present. That thing about Nightbeat eh, he may not consider them meeting considering he never spoke to several or may not know the age of the rest. (Like he does not know A3 is a thirteen, only a very few do). So what Nightbeat says is really no continuity error.
And I would not totally agree with that writers comment. Roberts and Barber (considering they co-edit each others work) have been extraordinary with continuity. couple hiccups (but when is there not) but they really have done tons for the continuity of the IDW run :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21189
News Credits: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Sagitta » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
1984forever wrote:I believe that MTMTE is aimed at the LGBT portion of the fandom and Hasbro knows this which is why MTMTE is never included as a pack in comic with the toys.

Since the MTMTE is not intended for me I will be dropping the book before #50. There won't be much to see after #50 since the book seems to be collapsing in on itself anyway.


I agree whole heartily.

Transformers & the Combiner series seems to be putting it on thick at times as well. But I've mostly kept up with the MtMtE side of things.

It would have been been better for the writer(s) to have kept the stories on the level as their more highly acclaimed. (Rewind's woven tale for Rung & Remain in the Light to name two popular story arcs for example. No romance necessary. Just very good storytelling.)

Ratchet's farewell issue to the Lost Light was my own official last.
User avatar
Sagitta
Micromaster
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:37 pm
Location: United States
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
1984forever wrote:Just ... weird.

Why was Rodimus drawn as a fembot from the waist down?

I believe that MTMTE is aimed at the LGBT portion of the fandom and Hasbro knows this which is why MTMTE is never included as a pack in comic with the toys.

Since the MTMTE is not intended for me I will be dropping the book before #50. There won't be much to see after #50 since the book seems to be collapsing in on itself anyway.

I fail to see how it is collapsing in on itself. #38 made headlines on social media when it finally came out, and the Autobot Megatron has received so much attention. If anything it is doing amazing and is by far my favorite comic ever.
As for the comment about LGBT, I have never gotten that feel. Yes, Domey and Rewind have a relationship, but it has never panned out to be anything similar to human relationships. others have been mentioned, but considering this is not humans, completely different rules apply. And Rodimus has maintained that design since issue 1, so I fail to see how it is feminine. That is how Roche originally drew him, and all others have simply followed.
And #22 was a pack-in comic (Skids). :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21189
News Credits: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
snavej wrote:Is that grass in the Autobot graveyard? Are those graves on Cybertron or another world? We need to know! [Personally, I think that it would be much more economical to recycle Autobots for their parts than to bury them uselessly, especially during wartime.]

It's just symbolic. It isn't actually in the story. more it is symbolizing the fact that we learn so much about the dead and how some peoples actions have lead them to discover an almost magical place concerning the deceased :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21189
News Credits: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
what a good issue. I think im going to get this one signed by Roberts when he is in Charlotte. I loved it.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
User avatar
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Walhalla, SC
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby .... » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
snavej wrote:Is that grass in the Autobot graveyard? Are those graves on Cybertron or another world? We need to know! [Personally, I think that it would be much more economical to recycle Autobots for their parts than to bury them uselessly, especially during wartime.]

It's just symbolic. It isn't actually in the story. more it is symbolizing the fact that we learn so much about the dead and how some peoples actions have lead them to discover an almost magical place concerning the deceased :BOT:

It's actually quite touching seeing Megatron realize how many Autobots he killed. :BOT:
(heart of a graveyard)
....
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5686
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
snavej wrote:Is that grass in the Autobot graveyard? Are those graves on Cybertron or another world? We need to know! [Personally, I think that it would be much more economical to recycle Autobots for their parts than to bury them uselessly, especially during wartime.]

It's just symbolic. It isn't actually in the story. more it is symbolizing the fact that we learn so much about the dead and how some peoples actions have lead them to discover an almost magical place concerning the deceased :BOT:

It's actually quite touching seeing Megatron realize how many Autobots he killed. :BOT:
(heart of a graveyard)
[img]3LYJ3Z36r3o[/img]



Isnt it though? I mean, the feeling I get for Megatron is that he is secretly tired of it all, but he keeps going. With this revelation hitting him in the face...I mean abstract numbers are one thing. When you see a field of the consequences, man. That's hard-hitting. I really really really hope Hasbro lets things continue and they are allowed to keep Megatron how he is and develop him into a heroric figure. Not a good guy and not really a happy ending, but a worthy ending. Let him try to atone for what he's done. That's far mor einteresting than megalomanical megatron. Besides, they have a GREAT character in Galvatron for that and he fits that role so much better.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
User avatar
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Walhalla, SC
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby .... » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
Optimizzy wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
snavej wrote:Is that grass in the Autobot graveyard? Are those graves on Cybertron or another world? We need to know! [Personally, I think that it would be much more economical to recycle Autobots for their parts than to bury them uselessly, especially during wartime.]

It's just symbolic. It isn't actually in the story. more it is symbolizing the fact that we learn so much about the dead and how some peoples actions have lead them to discover an almost magical place concerning the deceased :BOT:

It's actually quite touching seeing Megatron realize how many Autobots he killed. :BOT:
(heart of a graveyard)



Isnt it though? I mean, the feeling I get for Megatron is that he is secretly tired of it all, but he keeps going. With this revelation hitting him in the face...I mean abstract numbers are one thing. When you see a field of the consequences, man. That's hard-hitting. I really really really hope Hasbro lets things continue and they are allowed to keep Megatron how he is and develop him into a heroric figure. Not a good guy and not really a happy ending, but a worthy ending. Let him try to atone for what he's done. That's far mor einteresting than megalomanical megatron. Besides, they have a GREAT character in Galvatron for that and he fits that role so much better.


Is Galvatron the same as Megatron in the comics?
....
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5686
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
SillySpringer wrote:
Is Galvatron the same as Megatron in the comics?

No they are very different characters. Galvatrons vastly predates Megs. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21189
News Credits: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby .... » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Is Galvatron the same as Megatron in the comics?

No they are very different characters. Galvatrons vastly predates Megs. :BOT:


Wow am I behind on the comics. -_-
I am more into the G1 concept of them being one and the same.
....
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5686
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Is Galvatron the same as Megatron in the comics?

No they are very different characters. Galvatrons vastly predates Megs. :BOT:


Wow am I behind on the comics. -_-
I am more into the G1 concept of them being one and the same.
They've made it work pretty well. I'm very ok with them being two distinct characters, especially after the UT-era cartoons ran that train into the ground, which was still going on when IDW started all these books :lol:
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5387
News Credits: 604
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
ScottyP wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Is Galvatron the same as Megatron in the comics?

No they are very different characters. Galvatrons vastly predates Megs. :BOT:


Wow am I behind on the comics. -_-
I am more into the G1 concept of them being one and the same.
They've made it work pretty well. I'm very ok with them being two distinct characters, especially after the UT-era cartoons ran that train into the ground, which was still going on when IDW started all these books :lol:



"Between the time when the Knights of Cybertron left paradise, and the rise of the sons of Megatron, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Galvatron, destined to wear the jeweled crown of the Cybertronian empire upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
*DUN DUN!*
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

"Between the time when the Knights of Cybertron left paradise, and the rise of the sons of Megatron, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Galvatron, destined to wear the jeweled crown of the Cybertronian empire upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
*DUN DUN!*



Yes! lol.

"Galvatron, what is best in life?"
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
User avatar
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Walhalla, SC
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks Scotty for taking care of this. Good stuff, and with a lot of appropriate depth to the story (and good call on the lettering!).

Sakamoto's facial expressions have changed a bit, I feel, since #39, too.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Postby night18mare » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:03 pm

EDIT by Va'al: Please refrain from posting full page spoilers, or links to sponsored pages to read the comic. The book is already available via a number of established digital retailers, such as iTunes or ComiXology. Thank you.
night18mare
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock 100% Complete with instruction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron SOUNDBLASTER Voyager Class Brand New Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS AUTOBOT BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron  Voyager Grimlock for scrap" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Spinout and Cordon" on EBAY