This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Discussion Thread

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:There is no comic in February and #4 is in March. Va'al might know why but I don't know the reason :BOT:

Cool, thanks. I wonder if it's because they (IDW) want the focus to be on the 50th issues of MTME and not-RID? They're out in February.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Bounti76 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:There is no comic in February and #4 is in March. Va'al might know why but I don't know the reason :BOT:

Cool, thanks. I wonder if it's because they (IDW) want the focus to be on the 50th issues of MTME and not-RID? They're out in February.

Logical guess. Both are double issues :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Logical guess. Both are double issues :BOT:

Actually on Twitter Roche thanks IDW for giving him time to take care of family business and then return to it. No specifics, but it's not an IDW thing.

If I owned a transformer of that tarantulas, it would never, ever be in alt mode...ever.

I'm sorry to all of you, but even if this isn't the Wreckers story I wanted I am still enjoying it. But I enjoy a lot of the characters being used and focused on here, so, yeah.

Angry about Stakeout... Stupid giant tcog.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Ah thanks! now we know!

And actually I am very much enjoying it, though I agree about Stakeout. I really like him :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby RevTibe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Poor, poor Claw Jaw. Good night, sweet prince. If I'm lucky, #4 or 5 will feature Scuba and Ikard beating the chrome off Hubcap's bearings.
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
My copy arrived today. Now that Tarantulas has Springer, Roadbuster and Arcee captive, I think that we'll be seeing the sins of the Wreckers quite soon!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:59 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Have a Guzzle.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Kieron Gillen to Take Over WRECKERS from Nick Roche

Postby Va'al » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:30 am

Note: the title is entirely untrue. :-P

Kieron: My aim this year is to tie up a lot of projects in the first half. Then my aim is to as I kind of free up space, not to take anything more on. That's my aim. Especially that I don't take on any more work for hire books. And I've ended up saying no to a series of dream books. I've been offered stuff inside the superhero genre, stuff outside the superhero genre, a lot of it very well paying. Stuff of which is iconic to me and I've managed to say no to it all. I haven't been offered Transformers though. And I'd feel bad for how well reviewed they are. It'd be a difficult act to follow. Clearly, on some level, all I want to do is write Impactor, but Nick Roche is obviously a friend, so there's no way I'd go anywhere near the Wreckers even if I was asked. But no. Not doing anything. I've turned down stuff I love more than Transformers, so I suspect if IDW dropped me a line I'd keep my will true. And I do love Transformers. I think I can safely say, never say never. Down the line? Who knows. Like what did my friend say? Screw you if I can't have any fun.

Source: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... len-2.html
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #4 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:52 am

After a small break in trasmission, we now return to Nick Roche's (with Josh Burcham and others) Sins of the Wreckers, as issue #4 hits next week - check out the preview below, as Newsarama has shared their own, and head back to Seibertron.com for our review on Wednesday!

Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #4 (of 5)
Nick Roche (w & a & c)
WEB OF DECEIT! The search for PROWL leads the WRECKERS deep into enemy territory—and that’s where they’re at their best! Unfortunately, with the lives they’ve lived—the pasts they battle to escape—even their best isn’t enough to save everybody.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Variant Cover by Priscilla Tramontano!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby triKlops » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:01 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Sins of the Wreckers TPB listing on Amazon ;)^
http://amzn.com/1631406698

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Windsweeper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:56 am

I like how Hubcap says no one remembers him. It seems like a nod to the fact that he never appeared in the G1 comics or cartoon.

I even remember being with my youngest brother when he bought him and at first glance thinking he was Bumblebee.

Loving this preview. Nick should be given an ongoing. He's as good as Roberts and they're both infinitely better than Barber.

If only they'd been writing Regeneration given they were both fans of the Marvel comic.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers for Preorder on Amazon

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian triKlops has let us know that the trade paperback for Nick Roche's Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers is now up for preorder at Amazon. It is slightly discounted at 17.99 and is slated to be released on August 2, 2016.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4495
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:27 pm

#4 is gonna be a good issue, I can feel it. With the way he works, Roche will have this be big, and lead into the bigger conclusion. Although, I predict a death in this one, at least one, maybe more. With Last Stand, he killed 1 in #3 and 3 in #4, so this should be the issue with the body count if he stays true to self :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Henry921 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:53 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So, this is the "Roadbuster affair". I'm not sure how Fisitron could spin this as anything other than horrific, so I assume he heard a very different version of the story, just like the deaths of Squadron X in Last Stand.

Good to see Mortilus mentioned again; nice bit of world building. Wanna' learn more about any connection to Tarantulas. He could be another "spawn of Mortilus" like Trypticon was.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:53 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:#4 is gonna be a good issue, I can feel it. With the way he works, Roche will have this be big, and lead into the bigger conclusion. Although, I predict a death in this one, at least one, maybe more. With Last Stand, he killed 1 in #3 and 3 in #4, so this should be the issue with the body count if he stays true to self :MAXIMAL:

Do you think they will reveal who that bot that Tarantulas made is now?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4495
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:24 am

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:#4 is gonna be a good issue, I can feel it. With the way he works, Roche will have this be big, and lead into the bigger conclusion. Although, I predict a death in this one, at least one, maybe more. With Last Stand, he killed 1 in #3 and 3 in #4, so this should be the issue with the body count if he stays true to self :MAXIMAL:

I kinda hope, but at the same time, I feel that may be like a last 5 pages of the whole series secret, if it is revealed here :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
wow. this is really some awesome work by Roche. Outstanding.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

If it's who we all seem to think it is, I could see it either dropping at the end of this issue, or as a quiet epilogue to the final issue.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby snavej » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
Four million years of war secrets: imagine the scale of it all! :shock: [It's bad enough here with the 'Panama Papers'.]
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3

IDW Transformers: #SinsOfTheWreckers #4 Review

Postby Va'al » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 am

Guilt and Violence
(Spoiler free-ish)

Synopsis
WEB OF DECEIT! The search for PROWL leads the WRECKERS deep into enemy territory—and that’s where they’re at their best! Unfortunately, with the lives they’ve lived—the pasts they battle to escape—even their best isn’t enough to save everybody.

How the tables (heh) have turned

Story

After the break in the mini-series, we return to the happy escapades of a bunch of loveable misfits, who just happen to wander through the woods and get caught in the web of a spider. Imagine if Nick Roche approached Sins of the Wreckers in that fashion, and then move several steps opposite - darkness falls. Again.

Sorry Guzzle

We move through Tarantulas' web as guilt weaves its tale through the minds and past of Roadbuster, Hubcap, Prowl, Arcee and Springer, with the biggest and the smallest of the lot revealing the beginning of the shared sinful paths, and how they have encountered and become who they are now.

It's... not pretty

On the other side, the team of Wreckers and the Chimeracons, are still working their way through to Tarantulas and his prey, finding a way through the Noisemaze, finding their way through the mess that Prowl has landed everyone into. And they're fairly straightforward about it. Wrecker style.

Prowl, always the charmer

There is also - as is to be expected by now - some seriously dark humour in the book, almost a breather in between the even darker actions and dialogue taking place. But be ready for another big, dense, heavy read (in a good way, ultimately, but heavy nonetheless), as issue #4 is where Roche falls into the rabbit hole. More thoughts on this below.

Art

As expected, the darkness in the story crawls and creeps not only into the linework, where the organic and the mechanical blend in a really intriguing fashion - if not grotesquely so - but also into the panel composition, with a lot of blank and black spaces, filled yes with dialogue, but also with ominous pauses...

All together now!

Josh Burcham and Joana Lafuente's colours are wonderfully attuned to the linework provided, and we get some seriously murky, shadowy, closed and/or trippy, depending on the scene, backgrounds to accompany the story being told - or the plans being set in motion. From the past to the present, via the Noisemaze, we see the colourists' skills at full power.

Whheeeeeee...

As for the lettering, this issue allows for some of the most varied and appreciated work from Tom B. Long, given free rein over a number of techniques, from fading, to fonts, to sizing - the result is an integral part of both story and visuals, without which it might not work the same. On he cover front, the main Roadbuster narrative is taken on by Roche and Burcham, with the latter also playing with Prowl playing with lives (Kup in particular), and Jack Lawrence brings us the new, complete team of Wreckers in the thumbnailed variant.

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

Other readers have pointed out how, much like Roberts in recent MTMTE issues, there are some parallels here in SOTW with the previous Wrecker-centric volume. While that is undoubtedly true, it is also the case that Roche has taken the issues of guilt and violence very much to their limit, here. The issue may not be an easy read for some, as it is as graphic as it is dense, physically and mentally for the characters, and the latter for the readers too.

The way in which Roche, Burcham, Lafuente, and Long collaborate on the same story shows a level of passion and understanding of the different dynamics, between characters, between creators, between book and readers, that can only end up bringing about a book like this. The one concern, perhaps, is about the pacing - the build-up is so strong, the development so good, that it feels like this could've been the end of the story. How will next month rack up?

. :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: - out of :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Genericon #378 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:11 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Ok, this is just getting ridiculous. Who thought of the great idea that was "kill all the actually interesting characters and leave every predictable character alive"? I can literally predict what the remaining characters will do. Impactor and Guzzle will murder more interesting characters, Kup and Springer will be the only interesting characters left, Prowl will do some stupid treachery ****, and Tarantulas will be a dick to everyone.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:17 am

I don't know what is about this series but it's just not really amazing to me anymore. I don't hate it, I like it but 'the wow factor' isn't there. I don't want to blame the 2 month delay or the fact we know prowl comes out fine in this and that Arcee and Kup are fine as well but it's just kind of a forgettable story and comic. I get the stakes are high but we know how this ends in the larger picture of things. Prowl doesn't change by the end of this. He's not nicks character anymore, he's john's. Maybe that's it.

It's like I've said before, this is not the series everyone really wanted as a sequel to LSOTW. I think it's a good story and I do enjoy it but I find myself asking "is this story relevant in the current era of transformers comics that we're getting because it's a story doesn't matter if it happened or not because other bigger things are happening in James and Johns books"
Randomhero
Gestalt

Re: IDW Transformers: #SinsOfTheWreckers #4 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Dr Va'al wrote:

Really? You had to pick that one huh?

Overall not bad. Kinda got what I was anticipating too. Now just gotta wait for the finale :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I dunno. I like this series. I like how they are incorporating different transformers and themes into this one universe and in a way that makes since. I stoked on the beast modes now because they make a lot more since. I like what is going on but I do have to agree that I wish we didn't already know these characters fates.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Can't even find it on iBooks so I can read it and share my own thoughts... :(
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON