This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:30 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
One new comic book day comes, and more comic book days await ahead, as Mariel Romero from IDW Publishing uploads a sneak peek of the next issue of The Transformers to iTunes. Check out below what we will be seeing this month in the tales of grounded robots and their human partners (ish)!

JETFIRE and KUP lead a team to investigate the mysterious ONYX system. Meanwhile, GALVATRON… well, GALVATRON just doesn’t like anybody.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:34 am

Spike looks like the mascot for a fictional brand of weed killer. :-P
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:

"Where in the name of science have you been?" :lol:
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Shuttershock wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:

"Where in the name of science have you been?" :lol:

there has been some exceptional care taken towards several characters here. i am loving it! :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby MrBlack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:29 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 am

MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.

"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby MrBlack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:01 am

Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:51 am

MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.

Still, I do like it as it presents a much less human-centric view of the universe. I find that too often in science fiction humanity is treated as inherently special. This kind of writing paints the picture of a vast universe millions of years old where, in an Addamsy way, Earth and humans don't necessarily matter.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby MrBlack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

Still, I do like it as it presents a much less human-centric view of the universe. I find that too often in science fiction humanity is treated as inherently special. This kind of writing paints the picture of a vast universe millions of years old where, in an Addamsy way, Earth and humans don't necessarily matter.

I think it cuts both ways. Humans are special in that they were able to weather an invasion by a race of beings that have decimated hundreds of other worlds. At the same time, the traits that allowed humanity to do so seem to have been a result of inadvertent interference by that self-same race of beings.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 pm

MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

I think it cuts both ways. Humans are special in that they were able to weather an invasion by a race of beings that have decimated hundreds of other worlds. At the same time, the traits that allowed humanity to do so seem to have been a result of inadvertent interference by that self-same race of beings.

True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby MrBlack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Shuttershock wrote:True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.

Cutting off a few quotes to make the thread easier to read.

By the time the Cybertronian race first came online, biological species were already shunning mechanical ones, owing in large part to the 16 million year long war between the Ammonites and the Terradores. Cybertron's own wars and the speciesism exhibited by many on Cybertron didn't help.

After the Knights of Cybertron left, Cybertron collapsed into tribalism under the 13 Primes, which isn't exactly conducive to cultural contact with alien species. After the tribes went to war, Nova Prime came out on top, and we've seen how he feels about "the lesser races." Even after he left, the insular Functionist movement held sway for a long time, and then the entire race fell into a protracted war which involved the destruction and terraforming of multiple biological planets. It seems that there has been little time or inclination on the part of Cybertronians to engage with other species in the 8 million years since their creation.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm

MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.

By the time the Cybertronian race first came online, biological species were already shunning mechanical ones, owing in large part to the 16 million year long war between the Ammonites and the Terradores. Cybertron's own wars and the speciesism exhibited by many on Cybertron didn't help.

After the Knights of Cybertron left, Cybertron collapsed into tribalism under the 13 Primes, which isn't exactly conducive to cultural contact with alien species. After the tribes went to war, Nova Prime came out on top, and we've seen how he feels about "the lesser races." Even after he left, the insular Functionist movement held sway for a long time, and then the entire race fell into a protracted war which involved the destruction and terraforming of multiple biological planets. It seems that there has been little time or inclination on the part of Cybertronians to engage with other species in the 8 million years since their creation.

One thing I find most interesting about the Transformers is that they have little concept of fiction for entertainment. Most of their films, stories and arguably their religious systems are biographical, possibly a theme pressed by functionists to prevent individuality or escapism.

Thundercracker seems like the only one who broke out of this, albiet poorly, by picking it up from humans. Even Crosscut, who is lauded as a well-known Cybertronian playwright, seems to mostly make autobiographical works.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

One thing I find most interesting about the Transformers is that they have little concept of fiction for entertainment. Most of their films, stories and arguably their religious systems are biographical, possibly a theme pressed by functionists to prevent individuality or escapism.

Thundercracker seems like the only one who broke out of this, albiet poorly, by picking it up from humans. Even Crosscut, who is lauded as a well-known Cybertronian playwright, seems to mostly make autobiographical works.

This version of Thundercracker has made me actually care for the character, and I'm glad that he and Crosscut can represent fictional work by transformers, the same way Nautica and all her gals represent "college life" so to speak in the works :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW The Transformers #45 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In more IDW comics news for next week, The Transformers #45 bring intrigue, mystery, hacking and of course, Buster the dog. Check out the full preview below, and head back here on Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers #45
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
JETFIRE and KUP lead a team to investigate the mysterious ONYX system. Meanwhile, GALVATRON… well, GALVATRON just doesn’t like anybody.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The events of the past months crash together—with disastrous results!
The stage is set for next month’s Earth-shattering (literally) epic!
Variant Cover by Golby!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Gonna be a busy week of reading, that's for sure :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby pie-man » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Finally... we get to Jazz again! :BOT:
pie-man
Mini-Con

Postby steve2275 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
what you guys said
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Whifflefire » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:39 am

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
THE WATER IS DRY

I do enjoy the interpretation of the condors as Statler and Waldorf-esque duo.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:34 am

Whifflefire wrote:THE WATER IS DRY

I do enjoy the interpretation of the condors as Statler and Waldorf-esque duo.

It is good to see the other casettes getting characterization. Rumble and Frenzy are pretty consistently portrayed as street punks and Ratbat as a scheemer bigger than his size implies, but the others often go voiceless and without perso nality.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Randomhero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Totally. It's hard to say anyone but blue rumble and marvel ravage were ever characters. Frenzy in the cartoon was just a red and black twin of rumble and ravage was a spy and sound waves kitty.

That's somethings James and John have really done well, give a lot of characters we know and love actual character traits. Needlenoes is starting to make his way to my top ten favorite characters
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:02 pm

That's a reason I fell in love with MTMTE: characters I'd never heard of before. When I finally started reading comics, it was around the time issue 21 came out and I wondered who the hell was on the front cover. I really had no clue! But I'm glad so many characters are finally getting good personalities and interpretation :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby megatronus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Ten bucks says Kup has the 'argle bargle' line because of Antonin Scalia's recent publicity for using the phrase.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Henry921 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Galvatron is lying to bloody everybody.

I get that the solicit for this issue is that he "doesn't like anybody" but to what end is he working towards? :-?
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 1D 1123IM200 (CA) Epting"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers DAWN OF THE PREDACUS BotCon One-Shot IDW Comics 2016 240415A"
NEW!
Transformers DAWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221672 1RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22A APR200729 (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON