This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing December 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Holiday Special, RID, GI Joe

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Publishing December 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Holiday Special, RID, GI Joe

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ebonyleopard wrote:You're a mean one, StARscream
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a Scraplet, you're as charming as an cyber-eel, StARscreeeam,
You're a bad energon cub with a greasy black seal!

This actually just made my night :lol: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Publishing December 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Holiday Special, RID, GI Joe

Postby Whifflefire » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:52 am

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Man, this looks great! This needs to be something done every year.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Whifflefire wrote:Man, this looks great! This needs to be something done every year.

This is something to be agreed with. They did an annual back a few years for both MTMTE and RiD, so I would like more exclusives like this. Especially when our beloved characters get to play Grinch and Scrooge :lol: :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Go-Faster-Wings » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Guys. The sun is smiling. This is probably going to be the best comic of the year.
Go-Faster-Wings
Mini-Con
Watch Go-Faster-Wings on YouTube

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Go-Faster-Wings wrote:Guys. The sun is smiling. This is probably going to be the best comic of the year.

Actually, that is Starscream smiling his best Grinchy-grinch smile ;) :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Holiday Special Agnes Garbowska Cover

Postby Va'al » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Biding time as we wait for Newsarama to allow us to post a preview from IDW Publishing directly, here is the Subscription cover via their official Facebook page for next week's Transformers Holiday Special comic, with art by Agnes Garbowska! Stay tuned for more to be showing up soon...

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Simply adorable :x :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Chromia is adorable when she isn't being a mass murdering sociopath.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

IDW Transformers: Holiday Special Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Three tales to warm your hearths, as the writers of the IDW Publishing Transformers titles pitch in some special stories for the winter holidays - Mairghread Scott, John Barber and James Roberts are joined with three art teams, and you can check out a full preview below! Head back here for a review on Wednesday, too.

Transformers Holiday Special
John Barber, James Roberts, Mairghread Scott (w) • Josh Burcham, Corin Howell, and Kotteri (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
HOLIDAYS IN THE STARS! Three stories about three casts and three unique holiday adventures! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll never look at CYBERTRON—or the holidays—the same way again!
FC • 48 pages • $5.99

Bullet points:
James Roberts and Kotteri celebrate with the crew of MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!
Mairghread Scott and Corin Howell party with WINDBLADE and friends (and enemies)!
John Barber and Josh Burcham open up presents with the cast of TRANSFORMERS!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Can we have something like this more regularly please IDW? Something that didn't care about continuity and something really light hearted :)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:Can we have something like this more regularly please IDW? Something that didn't care about continuity and something really light hearted :)

AGREED! It's so adorable!!!! :x I am crying rainbows!
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:08 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
At first I thought this was stupid; then I read Barber's lyrical rhymeses.

Give me moar.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:56 am

It's written by Scott not Barber.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:56 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Okay, I usually can't stand Howell's art, but in THIS kind of setting, where it's supposed to be lighthearted and silly, it's PERFECT. Sets the tone well, and is actually really cute. It didn't work in the Windblade/Combiner Wars she drew for exactly that reason though. Except for Knock Out, her style was not suited to any of the characters or the more serious tone of the issues at all. Glad to see her talent being put to it's perfect match of story.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 am

This is an enjoyable thing. And it is adorable, and yes Howell's art is so perfect for this kind of effect. This needs to become a thing :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Holiday Special 2015 Review

Postby Va'al » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:00 pm

ROBO-HO-HO
Spoiler-Free-ish

Synopsis
HOLIDAYS IN THE STARS! Three stories about three casts and three unique holiday adventures! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll never look at CYBERTRON—or the holidays—the same way again!

I just had to

Windblade
Story: Mairghread Scott
Channelling her best Dr Seuss, Scott manages to blend the mischievous, narcissistic, egotistic nature of Starscream with the seasonal tradition Grinch, and to wonderful effect. It doesn't stray from the characterisation we have seen in recent IDW runs, it taps into some of the plot points, too - and it's filled with wonderful cameos, executed by...

Art & Colours: Corin Howell, Thomas Teyowisonte Deer
...Howell, who returns for the one-off after her stint on Windblade, capturing the spirit of the tale and the cartoonishly exaggerated features of the cast involved, with the spin of the Grinch tale. We see the Tankors, Blurr and the new Maccadam crew, Waspinator - all the usual suspects we've come to appreciate on the streets of Cybertron, in the suitably coloured, and wonderfully so, by Thomas Deer. Even in the darkness of what I imagine is Cybertronian sort of winter, we get some great glows of warmth and tone.

More Than Meets the Eye
Story: James Roberts
In a slightly similar, but really quite different way, Roberts takes us aboard the Lost Light, where the festivities are masquerading as something entirely foreign, scientific (or magic, if you ask Rodimus), spacey-wacey, and utterly ridiculous, with the theme of mainstream Christmas traditions seeping in in an overt (to the reader) way...

Art & Colours: Kotteri, Joana Lafuente
...from carols, such as the one titling the story, to various iconography we associate with festive customs, from trees to crackers, to party hats, singing, and the general merryment. In order to so, the tale introduces fan-favourite fan-artist Kotteri (seen on previous variant covers) to interiors, and bringing some proper fan-fuel to the expressions and qualities to the crew of the ship - no one excluded. Lafuente's colours, a regular mainstay in the Transformers universe created by IDW, show the full versatility of her as an artist too, adapting and complementing the new style smoothly and pleasingly.

The Transformers
Story: John Barber
A criminally good in how bad it intentionally is, the noir-esque take that Barber brings to the holidays is a pleasure to immerse yourself into. Doing something that diverges from the previous two tales, the writing plays with a number of genre conventions, while clearly self-nominating for the meta-award of the year (yes, it even tops Roberts' Swerve). And just as it does in writing...

Art & Colours: Josh Burcham
...so it carries itself fantastically well visually, with regular colourist Burcham making another interior appearance. And boy does he pop on the page, mixing the voices of Barber's choice for Thundercracker's work into styles, layouts and composition - then topping it all with colour. A truly enjoyable home-cooked meal for the optics.

Thoughts overall
It's fun. It's lighthearted. It's cheesy and corny and message-y and the writers clearly really enjoyed playing around with tradition, storytelling, and style techniques. It's everything a filler Holiday Special should really be. If you're a fan of the lighter side of any of the three series, if you like writers who poke fun at their own work, themselves, and have fond memories of TV show specials, this is definitely one not to miss in your reading library.

A note on the letterer, Tom B. Long, who has provided masterful framing and cherrying of the three stories throughout - in particular for The Transformers' section by Barber and Burcham - to Agnes Garbowska, the variant cover artist, and to Casey Coller and Lafuente again, for the thumbnailed main cover. Tip of the (Santa) hat to you all. And as Buster would say, WOOF.

.:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby pie-man » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:08 am

Read "Choose Me" to my boys last night..... it is fun & hilarious. I think a lot of it went over their heads (they are 6 & 3) but they loved the cartoony art and the rhymes.

"Silent Night" is a slightly darker, self-contained read and is what you'd come to expect from MTMTE. It's my least favorite story but is intriguing none the less. The first few panels are what I really loved.... they couldn't have designed that device to look like anything other than a green conical Christmas tree, with multi-colored spherical thingys and crown-shaped hats! :-)

The last story is also just pure fun & silliness. When I think about it now, I wish there had been a lot more cheesy dialogues!!

I have the digital copy, but I will definitely get the hard copy edition of this!
pie-man
Mini-Con

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 am

This was awesome. Loved it. and it adds a wee bit to continuity while still being just awesome and fun :KREMZEEK: :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240107 2C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr M (Signed by Moss) Dynamite Comics DEC230216 1M (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZI FOC 1:10 design Dynamite Comics JAN247535 2ZI (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr N 1:15 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240201 3N"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JAN230441 2C (CA) Santos"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Y FOC foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247370 2Y (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230207 1D (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr P 1:20 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240120 2P (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr T 1:30 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240207 3T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON