This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW The Transformers #46 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW The Transformers #46 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As the finishing touches are added to the review for issue #45, iTunes has offered the first sneak preview of the first three pages of next month's The Transformers #46 from IDW Publishing - check out the synopsis and images mirrored below!

CONQUERORS part 1! OPTIMUS PRIME struggles to find his place on CYBERTRON where half the population hates him and the other half worships him. Meanwhile, on Earth, GALVATRON doesn’t care what anybody thinks.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #46 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Now that's the Galvatron I've been waiting for.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Hmmm, something appears to be rotten in the state of Iacon, from the lowest holdings to the upper echelons of society.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Really cool looking. Tell you what, Sara Pitre-Durocher's art looks incredible. If this is how Till all are one will look, I'm very excited :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Neat also did you know takara released a bunch of videos on their new upcoming transformers figures from the Adventure (RID 2015 in japan)
Also in unrelated transformers third party news tfc will be doing a king poesideon and a liokaiser combiner figures
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Henry921 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So Blackrock is a facsimile construct. I'm about 80% sure. Just like Barber to dig up an obscure piece of continuity.

Also really digging Galvatron being a charismatic leader. More of this.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby ScottyP » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:26 am

Henry921 wrote:So Blackrock is a facsimile construct. I'm about 80% sure. Just like Barber to dig up an obscure piece of continuity.
You may enjoy some of the thoughts about that over here in this thread that I am shamelessly plugging :D
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 am

ScottyP wrote:
Henry921 wrote:So Blackrock is a facsimile construct. I'm about 80% sure. Just like Barber to dig up an obscure piece of continuity.
You may enjoy some of the thoughts about that over here in this thread that I am shamelessly plugging :D

I've been thinking that way for a while and it sounds right. That maybe he's from swindle that got left behind or even from the -ation series. Like from the original bunker that was destroyed when megatron appeared.

He essentially runs the world and has the most popular company Ever but he just appeared out of nowhere 3 years ago. Roughly before transformers left earth
Randomhero
Gestalt

IDW The Transformers #46 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
What is Galvatron up to? Has Optimus come to terms with his status as a Prime? What happened to the Autobot crew on Earth? Find out answers to these and more in next week's issue of IDW Publishing's The Transformers, full preview available below! And make sure to head back for the Seibertron.com review.

Transformers #46
John Barber (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)
CONQUERORS part 1! OPTIMUS PRIME struggles to find his place on CYBERTRON where half the population hates him and the other half worships him. Meanwhile, on Earth, GALVATRON doesn’t care what anybody thinks.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• A new story arc that will have deep-reaching ramifications for TRANSFORMERS.
• The countdown to issue 50 begins here!
• Part of IDW’s Artist’s Edition Month promotion!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Optimizzy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Interesting. That's the problem with beneficial dictators. Not everyone sees the same act as beneficial. I think this is going to be good.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Mannnn Things surely are heating up and I just CANNOT wait for issue #50 of robots in disguise and definitely not More than meets the eye
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
The art is gorgeous and the mistress is going to make things very interesting for Prime :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 pm

I find it heartening that people regard RID teasers as "Hmmm, interesting." It really highlights the good political intrigue John Barber has built in the book.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:02 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
This is shaping up very nicely.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby BumbleDouche » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:29 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
I'm so conflicted... The concept of peace through tyranny appeals to me, but only under the iron will of Megatron. Now we have a Megatron that has turned into a less responsible version of Captain Kirk and Optimus Prime is in danger of becoming the tyrant. :BOOM:
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:30 am

A less responsible version of kirk? Guess that's the rodimus effect :P (or just the lost light effect in general)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby -Soundwave- » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:47 am

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
MegaDump wrote:I'm so conflicted... The concept of peace through tyranny appeals to me, but only under the iron will of Megatron. Now we have a Megatron that has turned into a less responsible version of Captain Kirk and Optimus Prime is in danger of becoming the tyrant. :BOOM:

I find this is what makes it interesting.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Prowl4 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I feel that while this series does some things well I can't help but feel it does strange things like having arcee inexplicably commanding the earth autobots.

Not to mention this mistress of flame throwing optimus' thoughts and disbelief in himself to an all time high.

I do feel sorry for the writer as this series seems to be hasbro saying what to push to sell toys and other ideas/agendas.

When you have windblade giving orders to Ironhide one of the longest serving autobots and as noble as prime you have to question these writing decisions.

James Roberts mtmte series is the best transformers title around. It does all of the characters justice and is both funny and serious.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Prowl4 wrote:I feel that while this series does some things well I can't help but feel it does strange things like having arcee inexplicably commanding the earth autobots.

Not to mention this mistress of flame throwing optimus' thoughts and disbelief in himself to an all time high.

I do feel sorry for the writer as this series seems to be hasbro saying what to push to sell toys and other ideas/agendas.

When you have windblade giving orders to Ironhide one of the longest serving autobots and as noble as prime you have to question these writing decisions.

James Roberts mtmte series is the best transformers title around. It does all of the characters justice and is both funny and serious.

Arcee's command IS questionable, given her noted instability and relative newness to the team. It's especially jarring considering both Jazz and Kup have served as commanders for longer and are arguably more trustworthy.

Sadly, what does define Optimus in modern IDW is indecision and self-disbelief. He doesn't want to be a the guy who tells everyone how they should act lest he become what he's fought against, but time after time he finds himself pushed into the shoes of his predecessors and doing exactly that. Still, it is nice to actually have the MoF involved in the plot, as opposed to the fat lot of nothing she's contributed thus far and the build up she had going in to Combiner Wars.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:00 pm

IDW Prime was not always self-doubting. He just began to doubt more once Nova Prime reemerged and the prime lineage was revealed to be nasty :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:08 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:IDW Prime was not always self-doubting. He just began to doubt more once Nova Prime reemerged and the prime lineage was revealed to be nasty :BOT:

Still, a big portion of the Mike Costa run had him near-inactive and RID kicks off with him abdicating authority to reinvent himself as well as to diffuse tensions.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:IDW Prime was not always self-doubting. He just began to doubt more once Nova Prime reemerged and the prime lineage was revealed to be nasty :BOT:

Still, a big portion of the Mike Costa run had him near-inactive and RID kicks off with him abdicating authority to reinvent himself as well as to diffuse tensions.

Costa had a very different image of him (which I didn't really like) and in my opinion, Barber has done a nice job trying to fix that while keeping a bit of that personality. The Barber Prime now feels much better than Costa Prime :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:12 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Costa had a very different image of him (which I didn't really like) and in my opinion, Barber has done a nice job trying to fix that while keeping a bit of that personality. The Barber Prime now feels much better than Costa Prime :BOT:

Agreed.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Prowl4 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Shuttershock wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:I feel that while this series does some things well I can't help but feel it does strange things like having arcee inexplicably commanding the earth autobots.

Arcee's command IS questionable, given her noted instability and relative newness to the team. It's especially jarring considering both Jazz and Kup have served as commanders for longer and are arguably more trustworthy.

Sadly, what does define Optimus in modern IDW is indecision and self-disbelief. He doesn't want to be a the guy who tells everyone how they should act lest he become what he's fought against, but time after time he finds himself pushed into the shoes of his predecessors and doing exactly that. Still, it is nice to actually have the MoF involved in the plot, as opposed to the fat lot of nothing she's contributed thus far and the build up she had going in to Combiner Wars.

I totally agree here. Jazz, kup and jetfire are earth based and keeping command. It seems strange arcee is suddenly thrown into a leader role especially given her past not to mention being a known pawn of prowl.

Optimus started out great a great leader full of courage. Now optimus is questing himself to mof who is an unknown entity and a nothing to the lineage of primes.

If anything alpha trion is the one optimus should seek self confidence in if he's feeling doubtful. I know the comics wrote somewhat around this by trion stating he made bad decisions but optimus taking a leap of faith into getting approval from mof seems very silly.

Another iffy decision is allowing ironhide be written by mairghread scott. If prime isn't going to trust jazz or kup send ironhide to command earth's autobot fforces . I'm an ironhide fan so him taking orders from windblade doesn't sit well with me given what he has done and embodies in idw.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:49 am

I like ironhide and Chromia though...plus ironhide maybe tough but he's got his own set of issues. Also Prime is talking to mof because of the bigger picture and because of the council of world's. Also he's much more a 3D character, unsure what action to take that is right in a world where starscream is an elected head of state and megatron a Co captain on the lost light. As for arcee I would say she's proven herself given all that's gone on. Jetfire is more of a scientist then a leader, jazz probably wouldn't want the role while Kup is just. ..Kup
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON