This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Dawn of the Predacus" BotCon 2016 set Discussion

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" BotCon 2016 set Discussion

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
That head is a little creepy like a skeleton.

Has some customizing/kitbash potential
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby maxpower011 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
oh hey, another re-use of that mold. That whore-of-a-mold is sure getting rode hard and put up wet.
maxpower011
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
People have said that it was too bad these had no indication or homage to their beast forms and I always disagreed with saying that there were some nice homages and callbacks here and there. That being said, I see none here this time. Aside from the fact that he has the color of a boiled lobster.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Starsaber468 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Can someone fan mode its alt mode it a lobster like alt mode?
Last edited by Starsaber468 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Starsaber468 wrote:An someone fan mode the alt mode it a lobster ish thing
Scattershot's not out yet.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby ScottyP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Starsaber468 wrote:An someone fan mode the alt mode it a lobster ish thing
Huh?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby TF_JW » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

The tail fin of the "plane" mode looks fantastic as a lobster tail hanging down the robot mode's back side. And I think the "shield" on the forearm is a clever clamp-like homage to the beast mode as well.

Add that to the alt mode not looking too absurd as a futuristic submersible and I do kind of like this mold as a pre/non-beast Seaclamp.
TF_JW
Fuzor
News Credits: 33

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 pm

ScottyP wrote:I thought I might like this. I don't. Nothing I've seen about these toys makes me really care about them. Ramhorn looks neat. The other four just exist.

Any Beast Wars mega-fans just totally stoked by this set? I like Beast Wars, but don't love it so much as to pore over all the content like I know some do. Curious what the take on these is from that perspective.

I am a big Beast Wars fan since that is what I grew up with and those were my first toys. I find these fun but not worth the asking price. If they were available at retail for the standard retail MSRP, I would have bitten. What I am curious about Scotty, is seeing what the fan reaction would have been if these were issued by Takara. I would imagine people complaining that they arent getting them released stateside.

Also, to anyone complaining about redecos, are you aware of what Botcon toys are? They are NEVER new molds. No one should expect a new mold from these since thats simply not what it is. It's like E-hobby exclusives or the subscription service. I can understand ignorance but in that case, those who are unaware of what botcon exclusives or TF Club toys are will be happy since they will never see them in stores and thus these repaints wont bother them :)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Despite what everyone says, I am diggin the set and can't wait for the combined mode picture. I will try my damndest to get this set as long as combined mode is boss :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Oddly enough, I like this one the best of the Tripredacus trio thus far. I have no emotional investment with the originals (indeed, I prefer to see the show versions/these guys as distinct entities from the toy trio... they're just too different to reconcile in my mind, so I think of them as either "guys who happen to share names" or "this universe's version") and so have never desired to see them in "toy colors" vs. the "show colors" we're getting. I have felt that the red on the other two was a bit overdone, and don't really know why this one doesn't make me think the same thing.

For whatever reason, I just feel that this one "works."
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Bed Bugs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Now I'm starting to wonder. At the end of the Botcon 2006 comic, we seen Botcon Razorclaw and his new batch of Predacons as those in charge of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw.

I see them as being another Predacon faction we'll see the Council fight for power. Predaking version 2.0 vs. Quin-Predacus in the comic perhaps?

This has the potential be an interesting Civil War story. We already have 3 established Predacon factions.

1. Tripredacus Council + Agents
2. Razorclaw + Predacons v2.0
3. Cryotek + Megatron's Crew

Should be interesting to see if we get any explanation why the cassettes were split between factions 1 and 2. What if they repurpose Classics Ratbat from that Target 2 Pack as Predacon Ratbat in the comic and make him another agent or faction leader?

Despite the toys not interesting me, the fiction does.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm still not quite understanding this concept, presented a couple of times now, of the Tripredacus guys (and their allies) as on a different side than the Predacons. It seems to me that they ARE the Predacons (or, at least, their leaders) and always have been. This is speculative, to be sure. I'm just not seeing where any suggestion that the Tripredacus folks had to wrest control away from some other Predacons as any less speculative.

(By the way, I'm going under the assumption that Megatron and his Predacons were rebels vs. the "main" Predacons of Beast Wars-era Cybertron. This is, I think, firmly established. Thus, any on-screen machinations by the Tripredicus Council against Megatron's Predacons in no way establishes them as opposed to Predacons, in general.)
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Munkky » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
ScottyP wrote:Any Beast Wars mega-fans just totally stoked by this set? I like Beast Wars, but don't love it so much as to pore over all the content like I know some do. Curious what the take on these is from that perspective.

I'm always excited for new Beast Wars toys, but I'm not overly fond of this BotCon set. I barely remember the Tripredacus Council from the show, when I first saw them (I was about seven) I didn't even realise they were Predacons, or Transformers at all, so I have no real attachment to them. And while I know the colours of the BotCon set are based on the show, I would probably be more interested if Sea Clamp and Cicadacon were in their toy colours (green and white for Cicadacon, brown and purple for Sea Clamp).
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Bed Bugs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 pm

G.B. Blackrock wrote:I'm still not quite understanding this concept, presented a couple of times now, of the Tripredacus guys (and their allies) as on a different side than the Predacons. It seems to me that they ARE the Predacons (or, at least, their leaders) and always have been. This is speculative, to be sure. I'm just not seeing where any suggestion that the Tripredacus folks had to wrest control away from some other Predacons as any less speculative.

(By the way, I'm going under the assumption that Megatron and his Predacons were rebels vs. the "main" Predacons of Beast Wars-era Cybertron. This is, I think, firmly established. Thus, any on-screen machinations by the Tripredicus Council against Megatron's Predacons in no way establishes them as opposed to Predacons, in general.)

The box set is literally called "Rise of the Predacus"

They can't rise if they are at the top from the beginning. I'd be inclined to agree with you speculation that they were on top if the set were called "Rise of the Predacons" instead though. That'd show that the whole faction exists due to the council leading them. Right now the name implies that the Tripredacus Council doesn't have power and has to seize it first.
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 pm

G.B. Blackrock wrote:I'm still not quite understanding this concept, presented a couple of times now, of the Tripredacus guys (and their allies) as on a different side than the Predacons. It seems to me that they ARE the Predacons (or, at least, their leaders) and always have been. This is speculative, to be sure. I'm just not seeing where any suggestion that the Tripredacus folks had to wrest control away from some other Predacons as any less speculative.

Yes, megatron and his crew are rebels. On Cybertron, Predacons and Maximals are at peace with oneanother though they dont really get along. I always found it kind of mean how Rattrap and Cheetor hated predacons and talked of them like they were second class citizens (they even had racial slurrs and catchphrases).

And yes, the pradacus counsil was always simply Predacons, but higher ups.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:48 pm

Bed Bugs wrote:

The box set is literally called "Rise of the Predacus"

They can't rise if they are at the top from the beginning.

You're interpreting that rather differently than I am.

We already know that the Beast Era takes place after the G1 era. Thus, ANY group in power in the Beast Era had to rise to power.

This doesn't assume who they rose to power over. It could have been over the Autobots and Decepticons, for example. It could detail the mutual risings of the Maximals and the Predacons (but we're focused more on this side for narrative reasons).

It certainly need not assume rising over other Predacons. We could talk about the rise of a specific American President, for example, without assuming that the rising President was opposed to Americans in general. Or thinking of the rising President as part of a different faction than "Americans."
Last edited by G.B. Blackrock on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Bed Bugs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:50 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Yes, megatron and his crew are rebels. On Cybertron, Predacons and Maximals are at peace with oneanother though they dont really get along. I always found it kind of mean how Rattrap and Cheetor hated predacons and talked of them like they were second class citizens (they even had racial slurrs and catchphrases).

And yes, the pradacus counsil was always simply Predacons, but higher ups.

Plus, this guy just said it right here. Maximals and Predacons are at peace. Who is the Tripredacus Council going to fight then?
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Bed Bugs wrote:Plus, this guy just said it right here. Maximals and Predacons are at peace. Who is the Tripredacus Council going to fight then?

Well, it is canonically demonstrated the the Council is plotting for the Predacons to take power over the Maximals in the Beast Era itself. They need not be in open warfare to have conflict sufficient for a story.

(As to "who else"? I've already given a possibility in my previous post)
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Bed Bugs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:55 pm

G.B. Blackrock wrote:
Bed Bugs wrote:Plus, this guy just said it right here. Maximals and Predacons are at peace. Who is the Tripredacus Council going to fight then?

Well, it is canonically demonstrated the the Council is plotting for the Predacons to take power over the Maximals in the Beast Era itself. They need not be in open warfare to have conflict sufficient for a story.

You honestly believe a Combiner isn't going to be used in open warfare? :lol:
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Bed Bugs wrote:
G.B. Blackrock wrote:

You honestly believe a Combiner isn't going to be used in open warfare? :lol:

*sigh* are you going to actually engage this discussion, or would you rather just trade pot shots?

We don't even know how much the Combined form is going to factor into the story. It can be a battle, even violent, without negating anything I've said.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Bed Bugs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:00 pm

I just think that it's very unlikely that a group that is able to combine, especially in a Botcon set, and especially because the combined forms head will be remolded, that we won't see the combiner in action fighting something.

The council isn't going to lower itself to combine with their 2 agents because they enjoy it. They are going to need to do it to fight something that is just as strong.
Bed Bugs
Gestalt

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Bed Bugs wrote:I just think that it's very unlikely that a group that is able to combine, especially in a Botcon set, and especially because the combined forms head will be remolded, that we won't see the combiner in action fighting something.

The council isn't going to lower itself to combine with their 2 agents because they enjoy it. They are going to need to do it to fight something that is just as strong.

That's fine. One of my theories is that this isn't set in the "Wings" universe (it might be), but rather the "Beast Wars Uprising" universe. In either universe (but especially in Uprising) it's pretty easy to imagine a scenario where they combine to battle the last remnants of the Autobot/Decepticon alliance that are the Maximals' and Predacons' forebears, thus paving the way for the New Order.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Bed Bugs wrote:Now I'm starting to wonder. At the end of the Botcon 2006 comic, we seen Botcon Razorclaw and his new batch of Predacons as those in charge of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw.
That scene with Razorclaw took place many years later from the rest of the comic's setting, in the far future post-Beast Machines, even after the Universe War (it'd kinda have to take place there since the Universe War began very shortly after Beast Machines).

Megatron's crew were a bunch of criminals while the Tripredacus Council are a governing body of politicians. All Predacons, but with differing agendas. The Council already had their own longterm plans of taking back Cybertron from the Maximals, but Megatron's crew took matters into their own hands, which was illegal even by Predacon standards, which is why Ravage was sent to arrest Megatron for defying the terms of both the Pax Cybertronia and the Predacon Alliance.

Bed Bugs wrote:The box set is literally called "Rise of the Predacus"
No it isn't. Kindly read the title of this thread, which is visible at the top every post.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Wheeljack808 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:10 pm

So by a show of emoticons, who is really sick of the silverbolt retools?

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

I AM!!!!!!
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Wheeljack808 wrote:So by a show of emoticons, who is really sick of the silverbolt retools?

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

I AM!!!!!!
Thus far there's only been Cyclonus.

Scattershot's not out yet.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT230075 115B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220620 3B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230518 5G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr D Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230515 5D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2024 NOV230035 116C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230663 2D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr I foc reveal Boom Studios Comics 111I"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230516 5E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230679 9A (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JAN230642 4E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed GOLD FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230080 114B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #53 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUN200771 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON