This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Dawn of the Predacus" BotCon 2016 set Discussion

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" BotCon 2016 set Discussion

Postby Henry921 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
beloth wrote:what about the CW grove motorcycle tf ....as blackarchnia for the attende tf and possibly elita one (she is a G1 character) as the custom figure.
Both the attendee figure and custom figure are Deluxes. CW Groove is a Legends mold.

If you meant the UW Groove mold, the notion that the custom figure has an "alternative" headsculpt implies that it's not a "brand new" head but a pretooled head that already exists for the mold, and since UW Groove was Takara's baby instead of Hasbro's, it isn't likely that the mold has a pretooled head since it's Hasbro, rather than Takara, who's all about planning for pretooled heads nowadays.

Am I the only one who thinks UW Groove could make a decent pre-BW Dinobot? I know we already have one of those, but that headsculpt makes me wonder. I honestly think it's a better likeness than the Cybertron Longrack figure. At the very least it's not as squat.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
beloth wrote:what about the CW grove motorcycle tf ....as blackarchnia for the attende tf and possibly elita one (she is a G1 character) as the custom figure.
Both the attendee figure and custom figure are Deluxes. CW Groove is a Legends mold.

If you meant the UW Groove mold, the notion that the custom figure has an "alternative" headsculpt implies that it's not a "brand new" head but a pretooled head that already exists for the mold, and since UW Groove was Takara's baby instead of Hasbro's, it isn't likely that the mold has a pretooled head since it's Hasbro, rather than Takara, who's all about planning for pretooled heads nowadays.

Am I the only one who thinks UW Groove could make a decent pre-BW Dinobot? I know we already have one of those, but that headsculpt makes me wonder. I honestly think it's a better likeness than the Cybertron Longrack figure. At the very least it's not as squat.
I'm content with this Dynobot instead:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Henry921 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Sabrblade wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Of course you are, you're the only one who owns it. ;)

I'd be thrilled if that was the centerpiece figure, but I thought that was their "Beast Wars Uprising" Dinobot, and they're pushing the Combiner Wars stuff hard right now, so I find it unlikely.

Now throw in that Waspinator from MW Skywarp and everybody can be happy.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Henry921 wrote:Of course you are, you're the only one who owns it. ;)
Not that one, specifically. Mine lacks those stripes. ;)

I know not who got the original, but I know David Willis (a.k.a. Walky) got one like it with stripes.

Henry921 wrote:I'd be thrilled if that was the centerpiece figure, but I thought that was their "Beast Wars Uprising" Dinobot, and they're pushing the Combiner Wars stuff hard right now, so I find it unlikely.
Agreed. And this isn't Uprising either (the brochure made a typo). But the centerpiece is at least a non-CW mold.

I'm still wanting this as the centerpiece:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:07 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I swear that mold looks great as anybody.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:20 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Sabrblade wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

his vehicle mode almost has Roadbuster colours
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Insurgent » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:55 pm

:shock: :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:

That Dinobot is beyond words. So, SO much better than armada hoist for the character. I just have one question: Where can I get one? :michaelbay:
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Insurgent wrote::shock: :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:

That Dinobot is beyond words. So, SO much better than armada hoist for the character. I just have one question: Where can I get one? :michaelbay:
I would say to make a submission to fan customizer Cheetimus Primal for him to paint one for you... but I think he's retiring. :(

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby beloth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:48 am

Motto: ""kill them all""
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
Emerje wrote:Trying to play catch-up on old topics...

Sabrblade wrote:1 CW Deluxe attendee figure with a new headsculpt

This would be the one expected to be Terrorsaur.

1 CW Deluxe custom class figure with an "alternative" headsculpt, and who is a 1984-1985 G1 character rather than a BW character

If it's an alternative head sculpt and not a new one plus the mention of one figure having a non-US head sculpt then I'm going out on a limb and saying Grand Galvatron Ghost Starscream mold. It hits all the right points and it does sort of fit with the BW theme, too.

1 CW Legends as the troop builder set, and as the GT figure who is a non-BW character related to a familiar G1 character

Only thing that comes to mind are the car drones from Devastation out of Blackjack and maybe a proper all black drone for Menasor as the GT bonus.

1 CW Deluxe souvenir figure

1 non-CW mold "centerpiece" souvenir figure

1 non-CW mold other souvenir figure

Not a lot of information to really speculate on these three except to say that this has been a very Decepticon heavy BotCon so far. The "centerpiece" will likely at least be a Voyager figure. Can't think of anything recent that would make for an exciting enough centerpiece without being a CW figure. Aside from this anyway.

Emerje

doing some surfing on the ttfwiki.net site.....

What about Hoist as the custom class figure using the offroad mold?
he fits the 84/85 G1 character criteria.

just a thought.

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: ;)^ :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
beloth
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from beloth on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Insurgent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 am

That Centrepiece figure is probably that RiD Megatron remould just teased.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 am

The non-CW souvenir is a Maximal, and it is my current suspicion that the other two souvenirs (the CW Deluxe and the CW Legends troop builder) are also Maximals, based on a BotCon Tweet saying that there will be CW Maximals available for sale at BotCon.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:03 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Shouldn't we be getting close to some more toy reveals?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Shouldn't we be getting close to some more toy reveals?
Typically only the box set toys get official reveals, while all the at-show exclusives only get officially revealed at BotCon. That TM3 Megatron got one prior to BotCon is very unorthodox.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Shouldn't we be getting close to some more toy reveals?
Typically only the box set toys get official reveals, while all the at-show exclusives only get officially revealed at BotCon. That TM3 Megatron got one prior to BotCon is very unorthodox.

I see :-? Well I guess there's nothing to do but wait till botcon
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:13 am

beloth wrote:
Emerje wrote:Trying to play catch-up on old topics...

Sabrblade wrote:1 CW Deluxe attendee figure with a new headsculpt

This would be the one expected to be Terrorsaur.

1 CW Deluxe custom class figure with an "alternative" headsculpt, and who is a 1984-1985 G1 character rather than a BW character

If it's an alternative head sculpt and not a new one plus the mention of one figure having a non-US head sculpt then I'm going out on a limb and saying Grand Galvatron Ghost Starscream mold. It hits all the right points and it does sort of fit with the BW theme, too.

1 CW Legends as the troop builder set, and as the GT figure who is a non-BW character related to a familiar G1 character

Only thing that comes to mind are the car drones from Devastation out of Blackjack and maybe a proper all black drone for Menasor as the GT bonus.

1 CW Deluxe souvenir figure

1 non-CW mold "centerpiece" souvenir figure

1 non-CW mold other souvenir figure

Not a lot of information to really speculate on these three except to say that this has been a very Decepticon heavy BotCon so far. The "centerpiece" will likely at least be a Voyager figure. Can't think of anything recent that would make for an exciting enough centerpiece without being a CW figure. Aside from this anyway.

Emerje

doing some surfing on the ttfwiki.net site.....

What about Hoist as the custom class figure using the offroad mold?
he fits the 84/85 G1 character criteria.

just a thought.

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: ;)^ :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Only if a pre-existing (but not yet used in the US) head appropriate to Hoist exists.

Not impossible, but there are better candidates out there with heads we already know about.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Insurgent » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:00 am

Anyone got an idea of a good table to put these guys around?
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Possible BotCon Terrorsaur Revealed

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, via the Cybercast podcast, we get our first look at the actual Botcon Terrorsaur. During episode 142 Pete Sinclair of Botcon was showing off several of the boxset and TFCC figures, and teased the Terrorsaur figure, which was first revealed on the Predacus boxart, and seems to be - at this point - a straight recolor of Combiner Wars Airraid.

-Ramjet can be seen at around the 22 minute mark

-Skywarp can be seen just after at the 23 minute mark

-The torso mode for Predacus at around the 24 minute mark

-Seaclamp can be seen at about the 26 minute mark

-TFCC 5.0 Prime's head can be seen at the 39 minute mark

-Terrorsaur can be seen at the 1 hour 14 minute mark.

So what do you think of these? Are you excited for this new figure? Let us know in the comments below.

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: ???

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Does anyone know if the free figure and this one will come with hfg's? I would assume they do but you never know.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:35 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:Does anyone know if the free figure and this one will come with hfg's? I would assume they do but you never know.

I'd assume they would - I feel pretty safe with this assumption - I believe they're tied to the mold to some extent

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:36 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:Does anyone know if the free figure and this one will come with hfg's? I would assume they do but you never know.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an "hfg"?
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm

G.B. Blackrock wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an "hfg"?

It's an abbreviation meaning hand foot gun so the stock pieces that come with the cw deluxe figures.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:

I'd assume they would - I feel pretty safe with this assumption - I believe they're tied to the mold to some extent

Okay cool
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Okay cool

Oddly enough, this leads in to the question of why ramhorn uses breakdowns hfg and not brawl's... since the nosecone mold is being used for computron, it doens't have the brawl hfg in the mold obviously, and predacus couldn't use computrons hands and feet for obvious reasons, so they were stuck making a bunch of extra hfg's from breakdown. Quite interesting if you ask me :-?

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I'm interested to see the rest of the figures fully revealed, and that Terrorsaur paint job :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby megatronus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Pete seems to be hedging - it's as if he expects a huge amount of negativity from people as far as the comic goes.

That said, the toys look great - especially Skywarp and Predacus combined mode.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220494 War's End 2A (CA) Panda"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222C"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220443 War's 3B (CA) Margevich"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210494 34A (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 RI variant IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22RI APR200731 (CA)Chan"
TRANSFORMERS #22 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210492 Ramondelli"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON