This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys and media for multiyear epic "Prime Wars"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys and media for multiyear epic "Prime Wars"

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Directly from The Hollywood Reporter, we have a story about how Hasbro is planning a 3-4 year spanning Prime Wars trilogy (which includes Titan Wars/Titans Return) across its many media facets including toys and comics.

the hollywood reporter wrote:Hasbro will unveil a 'Prime Wars Trilogy' epic tale, with the 'Titans Return' arc featuring Sentinel Prime.
In a rare move for the toy world, Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys, media partners and storytelling to form a multiyear epic tale, titled the Prime Wars Trilogy.

Prime Wars will provide a framework for Transformers storytelling across multiple mediums and consumer products for the next three to four years. The move follows similar steps being taken by Hasbro and Paramount Pictures to formulate a plan for a cohesive cinematic universe that unfolds over the next 10 years.

"We decided to initiate the creation of a bigger deeper worlds," said David Erwin who heads Hasbro’s Transformers story team. "The fan reaction was really good. And that’s when we decided we wanted to make this a trilogy and really make this immersive. And when we say immersive, that means to create that experience across all different platforms, to take it across everything that we do."

Currently, the comics, Machinima digital series and Activision video games are in the middle of a storyline titled The Combiner Wars. That will wrap up sometime in time in summer 2016 to be followed by a chapter titled "Titans Return" in the fall.

That storyline will feature the biggest Transformers robots in existence, fan-favorite Sentinel Prime and the return of a beloved action feature from the '80s: robots that convert into heads for bigger robots. It will play out across the entire Transformers Generations toyline and in IDW Publishing’s line of comics, as well as digital gaming.

Following "Titans Return," the trilogy will conclude in late 2017 or early 2018 with the third chapter.

Erwin is now heading a war room of storytellers that are mapping out the arc of the trilogy. Much of the heavy lifting will be done by IDW’s comics.

The company’s two Transformers comics are among its best-sellers and a third title is on the way.

Among the new aspects being highlighted are female Transformers such as Windblade and Victorion.

"Our demo for our readership is incredibly diverse but it’s pretty close to being half men and half women," said Transformers writer John Barber of IDW.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys and media for multiyear epic "Prime Wars"

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
This is could be really good if Hasbro gets all parties involved on the same page if not this will be nothing short a disaster.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys and media for multiyear epic "Prime Wars"

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Well, so long to good story telling in the comics. Please, Sweet Baby Jesus, make them leave MTMTE out of it.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Ah, so the Astrotrain-looking figure with an Optimus head is actually Sentinel Prime.

I could possibly dig that. :-?
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:47 pm

If I read that correctly, we are already through the first part of the trilogy. First it was Combiner Wars, then it is Titans Return/Titan Wars and then there will bea third part. Is that what you guys gather too?

And yeah, it looks like MTMTE will be untouched.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
william-james88 wrote:If I read that correctly, we are already through the first part of the trilogy. First it was Combiner Wars, then it is Titans Return/Titan Wars and then there will bea third part. Is that what you guys gather too?

I dunno. Skullcruncher showed up in MTME recently, and is getting a new toy in this line. Could be just a toy release, and no real role in the fiction, but you never know.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Bounti76 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If I read that correctly, we are already through the first part of the trilogy. First it was Combiner Wars, then it is Titans Return/Titan Wars and then there will bea third part. Is that what you guys gather too?

I dunno. Skullcruncher showed up in MTME recently, and is getting a new toy in this line. Could be just a toy release, and no real role in the fiction, but you never know.

It was just a cameo. He's not in mtmte, he's on Cybertron doing stand up.

In all respect MTMTE is book 2, the B book. James has a story that's he's being allowed to tell and its contained...well as contained mtmte can be. not-RID, till all are one and even sins of th wreckers are all intertwined in the galactic scale of the transformers universe that John has been playing with.

Unless said so by James and John, the most interactions mtmte will have with these events will be what its contributed to with likes of combiner wars, which was characters dropping out for a few months.
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sentinel Prime. Never saw that one coming. This could be interesting :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hopefully it will be just one comic style this timee i hope its the style they use usually for robots in disguise not that very dark art ,and also so this means lots of g1 nostalgia to come if yes i am going to be lovein' it and my wallet will be hatin' me for it!
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Randomhero » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:03 pm

I'm starting to wonder if this means Scorponok will be returning. While he was the creator of the headmaster tech he did resurrect it
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Since Randomhero brought it up, it would be nice for Scorponok to return. He's been gone a long time :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Since Randomhero brought it up, it would be nice for Scorponok to return. He's been gone a long time :BOT:

Yes and no. He was just there last year twice. One for Botcon 2014 and another in the form of Megazarak which at first sold for like crazy money and evetually was 75% off.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Since Randomhero brought it up, it would be nice for Scorponok to return. He's been gone a long time :BOT:

Yes and no. He was just there last year twice. One for Botcon 2014 and another in the form of Megazarak which at first sold for like crazy money and evetually was 75% off.

I was more referring to the character in the IDW story arc. Been gone since Maximum Dynobots :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I was more referring to the character in the IDW story arc. Been gone since Maximum Dynobots :BOT:

Damn it again, sorry D-Max, I keep pulling a sabrblade and correcting everythign you say, and unlike Sabr I dont even know what I am talking about since once again I misunderstood what you wrote about.

For the sake of us still being friends I will say this: I hope for you that they do eventually release the technobots.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I was more referring to the character in the IDW story arc. Been gone since Maximum Dynobots :BOT:

Damn it again, sorry D-Max, I keep pulling a sabrblade and correcting everythign you say, and unlike Sabr I dont even know what I am talking about since once again I misunderstood what you wrote about.

For the sake of us still being friends I will say this: I hope for you that they do eventually release the technobots.

You are forgiven Will. Don't worry so much, I don't get offended easily :lol:

And Thanks, about time you supported the technobots! Show off the smart-guy love! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:You are forgiven Will. Don't worry so much, I don't get offended easily :lol:

And Thanks, about time you supported the technobots! Show off the smart-guy love! :BOT:

You know its funny, I want the technobots as much as you. I find the 2 coolest combienrs to be Abominus and Computron simply because they have the most interestingly designed components. I would love to see what Hasbro would come up with for a deluxe sized Blot, for instance.

But I am also a realist and a pragmatist. With all the evidence I see before me as a news staff member, I become like Computron seeing the lesser percentage chance of the technobots being made. And I dont like getting my hopes up. So I just accept that they wont come. Like that if they do, then I will be super happy, and if they dont then I will have been correct in my assumptions and it gives me a bit of comfort, in a very odd way.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:You are forgiven Will. Don't worry so much, I don't get offended easily :lol:

You know its funny, I want the technobots as much as you. I find the 2 coolest combienrs to be Abominus and Computron simply because they have the most interestingly designed components. I would love to see what Hasbro would come up with for a deluxe sized Blot, for instance.

But I am also a realist and a pragmatist. With all the evidence I see before me as a news staff member, I become like Computron seeing the lesser percentage chance of the technobots being made. And I dont like getting my hopes up. So I just accept that they wont come. Like that if they do, then I will be super happy, and if they dont then I will have been correct in my assumptions and it gives me a bit of comfort, in a very odd way.

There is always an eventually. It may not be now, but it will come eventually :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will get the technobots, with a more completely re-shelled scattershot (this one will be the proto-type that fits the play-pattern, a later one could then have a much higher budget allowance) they have a standardized system for combining, they WILL milk it for every f$cking cent it can get, or they aren't a big corporation focused on making money - and if they truly don't, I will actually be speechless.

They probably just want the 'combiner fatigue' or 'mold fatigue' to wear off first.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So we're getting a great big yellow and red space shuttle, eh?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:44 am

Sabrblade wrote:So we're getting a great big yellow and red space shuttle, eh?

Would appear so :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 am

Okay, so...

Nexus Prime and Onyx Prime collaborate on Headmasters before the Primes disappear, as an experiment in combiner technology.

Galvatron blasts the Enigma of Combination into space because he considers their experiment to be an abomination.

Alpha Trion goes to Earth to find the Enigma of Combination.

Blackrock - with his little beard and glasses - appears on Earth, knowing a LOT about Cybertronian technology.

Alpha Trion is incapacitated.

Blackrock produces the Enigma of Combination, and claims his ancient family - descendents of one of Earth's first epic heroes - has been guarding it since it showed up.

Blackrock - exhibiting a surprising grasp of ancient Cybertronian - hacks the Enigma of Combination to get its source code.

Blackrock uses the source code from Nexus Prime's Enigma of Combination to create the Onyx Project.

Onyx allows Blackrock to connect to everything, and thereby see everything, and describes it using the word "Triptych" - recall that Onyx Prime's artifact is supposed to be the Triptych mask, which essentially allowed him to see everything, as well.

Blackrock reveals that, using this new found omniscience, he's determined that he does not have a soul, but does not know why.

So...

Maybe Blackrock is Alpha Trion's holomatter avatar that's gone rogue, but using Alpha Trion's latent knowledge of the Prime's, their relics, and their languages, has used one relic (the Enigma of Combination) to try and bootleg another relic (the Triptych Mask) in order to gain access to forbidden knowledge - possibly providing the basis for the Titan Master technology? And maybe he or Alpha Trion is the one that calls the Titans back to Cybertron?

But what role does Sentinel Prime play? I thought he was very, very dead. I guess Alpha Trion pulled Ironhide from the other side, so maybe he can do the same with Sentinel Prime.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 am

Sentinel is shaky ground. Who knows what's happening there. In Megatron origin, it was stated that he could go either way, but Spotlight Blurr said he died, but older spotlights have a history of needing retconned, so who knows with him. Time and Barber will tell :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:42 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
the hollywood reporter wrote:Hasbro will unveil a 'Prime Wars Trilogy' epic tale, with the 'Titans Return' arc featuring Sentinel Prime.
In a rare move for the toy world, Hasbro is uniting its Transformers toys, media partners and storytelling to form a multiyear epic tale, titled the Prime Wars Trilogy.

Prime Wars will provide a framework for Transformers storytelling across multiple mediums and consumer products for the next three to four years. The move follows similar steps being taken by Hasbro and Paramount Pictures to formulate a plan for a cohesive cinematic universe that unfolds over the next 10 years.

"We decided to initiate the creation of a bigger deeper worlds," said David Erwin who heads Hasbro’s Transformers story team. "The fan reaction was really good. And that’s when we decided we wanted to make this a trilogy and really make this immersive. And when we say immersive, that means to create that experience across all different platforms, to take it across everything that we do."
I dunno about this. The last time they tried doing this it gave us the Aligned continuity family, and look at how much people wanted and still want to crucify that.

fan-favorite Sentinel Prime
Since when is the Sentinel Prime to be featured in this considered a "fan-favorite"?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Since when is the Sentinel Prime to be featured in this considered a "fan-favorite"?

I blame Animated for that. DotM (with the exception of his voice) could have been reason enough for everyone to hate him :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:

I think they meant movie sentinel prime. Dont think he's a favourite either but he was voiced by the late great Nimoy!

Also, I think Hasbro told this article what to say, I highly doubt the writer is a big TF fan who knows his stuff.

william-james88
News Staff

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST OF STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV1 2022 New"
GHOST OF STARSCREA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers UNICRON Vinyl Figure #103 SDCC convention 2022 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON