This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NYCC 2015 Preview Night New Titans Return Reveals

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: NYCC 2015 Preview Night New Titan Returns Reveals

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:01 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So fort max reveal at the next toy show then? I can live with that :)

Also I'm feeling strangely confident that prime maybe a new mould or at least one that shares transformations aspects with leader UM instead of a retool (so no straight up rehead of minimus)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:15 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Bleh. Still think the original Headmaster nebulan figures looked far better than the Titan Masters. These just look super-dorky in their simplicity for this era.

Just realised Hardhead is only a deluxe looking at that image. Damn. I was hoping he would be a voyager. So he's gonna be way smaller than his G1 toy? Ugh. I just can't win for size classes with this lot.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Prowl4 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:15 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Come on takara right hasbros wrong and give us sentinel prime and galvatron fixed heads and not be headmasters.

I'm definitely going to tweet the takara designers and ask for this.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby togekissing » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 am

i couldn't care less about sentinel as a character, and i personally don't think either of those alt modes fit astrotrain very well, the only issue i can see on the toy right now is that ill have to paint the cockpit onto the shuttle mode. other than that, i think the figure is gorgeous and im very excited for it. it reminds me of transformers cybertron with all the molding detail
togekissing
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:31 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Prowl4 wrote:Come on takara right hasbros wrong and give us sentinel prime and galvatron fixed heads and not be headmasters.

Why would they? They have no connection to sentinel prime. Galvatron? They might but it's doubtful especially since they may have to completely change transformation depending on if the neck hole is covered or not.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:44 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Come on takara right hasbros wrong and give us sentinel prime and galvatron fixed heads and not be headmasters.

Why would they? They have no connection to sentinel prime. Galvatron? They might but it's doubtful especially since they may have to completely change transformation depending on if the neck hole is covered or not.

That's cute. I remember when I first got the Internet. Please, send them a tweet I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Seriously, these toys are designed to transform without heads. Which a means there's no place for a retooled fixed head to go. They're designed to have the head removed for transformation and putting the head/pilot in the cockpit. Honestly? Either don't buy it or don't transform it and do the thing you had to do when you were a kid all those years ago with G1 toys that 3 points of articulation and use your imagination
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:45 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
bring on the fort max images.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:18 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
with the return of the headmasters so to speak, anybody besides me think that Armada Sideways would get a Update of his Motorcycle Mode and Minicons from this line?
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby bluecatcinema » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 am

Not exactly in love with Sentinel's color scheme, but the figure is excellently designed. A new head, a gray and purple paint job, and we've got ourselves an Astrotrain.
Last edited by bluecatcinema on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:00 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Well, though he looks to be a heavy Metroplex retool, I am very excited for Fort Max. Guess that's next yeas titan. Don't expect a reveal of him for a while though ;) :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:11 am

While these are nice and all, I'm kinda disappointed that Generations has drifted away from being old characters rebuilt with updated toy technology. I mean, some of these are old characters but they're pushed farther and farther from being the original guys. It's not like Has/Tak doesn't have concurrent lines for them to create new characters and ideas.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote: or make some headless bodies that I can fit Kirk, Loafer, Trizer et al. into.

I somehow doubt that these toys will be compatible with the Headmasters fron the 80's in the first place.

You can clearly see that the heads dont connect the same way. These are not compatible with G1 toys.

DecepticonFinishline wrote:I'm super stoked for this! I think Sentinal looks awesome! Galvatron too! I suuuuuuuper hate Headmasters, personally, but for the most part, it's worth it to have such beautiful figures. I'll kind of treat it like Minimus Ambus and pretend it doesn't exist.

However, I hope for the sake of consistency with the other recent Triple Changers, that the inevitable Astrotrain is NOT a headmaster... I just realllly hope that I can get the original six Triple Changers in a consistent style (in other words, Voyagers and not Headmatsers).

The voyager Titan Returns Class is definite. Meaning that all voyager triple changers in the Titans Return line will be headmasters.

As for Astrotrain, this sentinel prime releases makes me very happy. Buying third party is always worrisome in the way that you hope you arent wasting money to get some immediate satisfaction that wont last once Hasbro releases an official toy. I like Train TFs (especially old timey trains) so I did get myself a third party astrotrain that turned into a super sweet looking locomotive. This toy is going for a more cybertronian look so it doesnt conflict with what I bought. I can use the eventual astrotrain redeco (which I will wait for instead of buying Sentinel) as Astrotrain in his pre-earth days.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:24 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote: or make some headless bodies that I can fit Kirk, Loafer, Trizer et al. into.

I somehow doubt that these toys will be compatible with the Headmasters fron the 80's in the first place.

You can clearly see that the heads dont connect the same way. These are not compatible with G1 toys.

DecepticonFinishline wrote:I'm super stoked for this! I think Sentinal looks awesome! Galvatron too! I suuuuuuuper hate Headmasters, personally, but for the most part, it's worth it to have such beautiful figures. I'll kind of treat it like Minimus Ambus and pretend it doesn't exist.

However, I hope for the sake of consistency with the other recent Triple Changers, that the inevitable Astrotrain is NOT a headmaster... I just realllly hope that I can get the original six Triple Changers in a consistent style (in other words, Voyagers and not Headmatsers).

The voyager Titan Returns Class is definite. Meaning that all voyager triple changers in the Titans Return line will be headmasters.

As for Astrotrain, this sentinel prime releases makes me very happy. Buying third party is always worrisome in the way that you hope you arent wasting money to get some immediate satisfaction that wont last once Hasbro releases an official toy. I like Train TFs (especially old timey trains) so I did get myself a third party astrotrain that turned into a super sweet looking locomotive. This toy is going for a more cybertronian look so it doesnt conflict with what I bought. I can use the eventual astrotrain redeco (which I will wait for instead of buying Sentinel) as Astrotrain in his pre-earth days.

Their probably gonna remold it into Astrotrain to make it more "Astrotrainish"
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:27 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Well, though he looks to be a heavy Metroplex retool, I am very excited for Fort Max. Guess that's next yeas titan. Don't expect a reveal of him for a while though ;) :BOT:

I would hope it wouldn't be a remold i would hope an entirely new mold but time will show but still am i the only one still waiting for an metrotitan redeco? XD
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:45 am

frogbat wrote:i thought of armada omega supreme but yeah the ark is an interesting idea... TFA style.

Generations omega supreme mmm... i wonder though he might be low on their list. We need a broadside and maybe a better octane :D

He was confirmed yesterday to be inceredibly low on their list, here is yesterday,s Q and A:

Asked if watching the cartoon will required IDW comic knowledge. They said no, newcomers will be able to jump right in.
Headmaster necks will be balljointed like Brainstorm (in reference to Sentinel)
The Matrix of Leadership will play a role upcoming stories
Optimus Prime will reconcile it being more than just a thing as others look at it as an important artifact etc
Young child asked about Unicron. No plans at this time, but always a possibility for him to pop up somewhere down the line
Fan asks about more Masterpieces. Hasbro team says we hear the fans loud and clear
But they have no updated plans for Masterpiece line at this time
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 am

You are aware that Takara made these toys right? They were the ones that found how to make these toys feasable with the headmaster gimmicks. Dont know why they would go back to the drawing table and reconfigure everything so that it transfomrs with a head that doesnt detach (dont even know if its possible). With the upcoming Prime combiner they are releasing, Takara is showing us that they are ready to play along with hasbro's new gimmicks.

In any case, Galvatron isnt a triple changer in the cartoon either, so regardless of what takara does, this toy will never be his true G1 self. Just accept it or ignore it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:56 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Sentinel Prime looks fantastic, even if he is just the obligatory Autobot pretool of Astrotrain to rake in more dough. Dat train mode...homina homina.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Prowl4 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 am

Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

That's cute. I remember when I first got the Internet. Please, send them a tweet I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Seriously, these toys are designed to transform without heads. Which a means there's no place for a retooled fixed head to go. They're designed to have the head removed for transformation and putting the head/pilot in the cockpit. Honestly? Either don't buy it or don't transform it and do the thing you had to do when you were a kid all those years ago with G1 toys that 3 points of articulation and use your imagination

First of all your patronizing comment is reflective of you as a person. Quite sad really.

Secondly social media is great as it gives a direct line to companies and the guys making these figures. Just fyi my tweets to the designers and takara have been retweeted already by a lot of fans. So I'm sure somebody would notice.

Thirdly in my opinion making characters that have never been nor never should be headmasters into headmasters disappoints me as a fan which I'm very entitled to voice.

Fourth point is that takara went to the bother of making full figures of wildrider, slingshot, groove and possibly blast off so I'm sure altering a head and making storage won't be a problem. They're designers and engineers after all. What are you?
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Starsaber468 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Well, though he looks to be a heavy Metroplex retool, I am very excited for Fort Max. Guess that's next yeas titan. Don't expect a reveal of him for a while though ;) :BOT:

I would hope it wouldn't be a remold i would hope an entirely new mold but time will show but still am i the only one still waiting for an metrotitan redeco? XD

Sabr showed off the image and the design is similar to Metroplex as are the transformation joints and separation lines. It looks like it is a very heavy retool/reshell. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:

Sabr showed off the image and the design is similar to Metroplex as are the transformation joints and separation lines. It looks like it is a very heavy retool/reshell. :BOT:

Could you repost the picture?
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Re: NYCC 2015 Preview Night New Titan Returns Revealed

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:28 am

william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Fair enough, let me clarify. What I would like to see is Hasbro make headless bodies for the heads they are issuing which would be visually complementary to the original 6 body-less heads. I have enough of the head receptacles and tumblers to make it work, I've just always thought those heads deserved their own designs, and this would be a nice opportunity to make that happen. I'm aware these new heads make the '88 heads look like giants, and '87 heads will not fit in these new bodies without modification
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

See, I'm the opposite, at this point I think I'm done wasting money on Hasbros product, and would rather spend more money on 3rd party, but at least get a figure I'm happy with, and wasn't short changed for mass appeal.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:35 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm a fan of that Sentinel Prime, but goddamn does that thing reek of Astrotrain.

Now I eagerly await first images of a Titan-class Fortress Maximus that won't come until much later...
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:40 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

First of all your patronizing comment is reflective of you as a person. Quite sad really.

Secondly social media is great as it gives a direct line to companies and the guys making these figures. Just fyi my tweets to the designers and takara have been retweeted already by a lot of fans. So I'm sure somebody would notice.

Thirdly in my opinion making characters that have never been nor never should be headmasters into headmasters disappoints me as a fan which I'm very entitled to voice.

Fourth point is that takara went to the bother of making full figures of wildrider, slingshot, groove and possibly blast off so I'm sure altering a head and making storage won't be a problem. They're designers and engineers after all. What are you?

Not expecting something not broken to be fixed. Also takara didn't make a new mold for wildrider and slingshot they're repaints with new heads that we also got from hasbro. Groove is a new mold. No reenginerring there. You're asking(depending) on them to gut already existing molds completely because that's what theyd have to do to-which they won't- just so little old you can live in a fairy tale where galvatron and sentinel prime are not headmasters.

what am I? Someone whos okay with change to 30 year old characters with a theme of change.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 am

Prowl4 wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you on the characters being shoehorned into being headmasters that really don't work. I realize it's not 'headmasters,' i.e. any of the 3 G1 storylines ( Marvel, US or Japanese cartoons ) but some characters shouldn't be using the next gimmick just because they're popular.

I don't know how handy you are but Galvatron does have that recess in his chest where the crest comes out. You could find a way to get a full head in there, possibly even using the mechanism that pops the crest out. I doubt you're going to see it officially ever, but that could be a workaround
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee GO FOR THE GOLD One-shot IDW Comics 2018 OCT180684"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0923IM458 2C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2RI Pitre-Durocher 230926X"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231010H"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM323 6E (CA) Quinones"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 JUN230378 3D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200733 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of HOT ROD #1 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220507 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON