This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron.com Transformers Photo Challenge Thread

This is where you can post your pictures of Transformers in whatever fashion you like (PG-13 or lower please).

Add a caption to your pic and it may be featured in the revival of the Seibertron.com Caption Contest!

Re: Transformers Weekly Photo Challenge

Postby Susha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:29 am

so as i look into the low key lighting
here's some movies which I didn't consider noirs and that are game.

- bladerunner
- the usual suspects (not the unusual suspects, but the movie tarantino waz inspired from)
.. but does this make the unusual suspects a noir too?
- Once upon a time in America.. and the godfather. I know they started a genre of their own but .. well...

do we need a more consistent definition of what is considered noir or not for us or can we just leave it at the broadest possible definition? lets just hope no one advocates for jurassic park to be on the list... :HEADHURTS:
Susha
Minibot

Postby no-one » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:35 am

Susha wrote:so as i look into the low key lighting
here's some movies which I didn't consider noirs and that are game.

- bladerunner
- the usual suspects (not the unusual suspects, but the movie tarantino waz inspired from)
.. but does this make the unusual suspects a noir too?
- Once upon a time in America.. and the godfather. I know they started a genre of their own but .. well...

do we need a more consistent definition of what is considered noir or not for us or can we just leave it at the broadest possible definition? lets just hope no one advocates for jurassic park to be on the list... :HEADHURTS:
I'm sorry, I forgot to be more specific; just the style and themes of old B&W "noir" films. I was aiming this one to more of a technical challenge then the previous ones.

You are welcome to recreate one, but I wasn't asking for that. There is a really cool thread for recreating films with bots that can be found here.

I'll go update the original post.

During my research I was surprised to see that Bladerunner was considered a film noir or a sci-fi noir as Wikipedia called it. Definitely one of my favorite movies; maybe there is some subconscious logic behind all this. :-?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Susha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm

yeah i know the thread you speak of... and as I looked into this weeks photo at some point the two threads merged, and now I'm confused as to what is the precise difference between the two.

anyways i went and recreated a scene from a neo-noir (yep apparently we has dat 2..) but I still deem it to be game for this thread as the photo was taken with the low lightning technique.? :-?

here it is

anyways, i guess i'll go back to the top of the thread again.. and read it carefully this time
Last edited by Susha on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Susha
Minibot

TFPC #7

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I don't photograph my collection as much as I'd like to, but I couldn't resist trying my hand at a noir-esque photo op my favorite TF Femme Fatale.

image.jpeg

I played around with grainy effect; part of me hates it, but part of me loves how old-timey it makes the pic looked. So I ran with it. Also my iPhone doesn't have a great camera, especially after the image has been blown up a bit. But I dig it.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Susha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 pm

hey just a thought about low lighting, i suppose all iconic images that come to mind are mostly portraits, just take marlon brandon in apocalypse now as an example. I think this might be tricky with tf toys. Firstly becoz strange angles make for strange shadows and it might be harder to actually see a face inbetween the rough edges and all those shadows.
secondly they are small. i use an old bud good cannon ios but even with a smartphone it might not be easy to get a good portrait of a tf toy face. Sure is for me since my collection is mostly legends scale.
well good luck if any1 tries
Susha
Minibot

TFPC # 7: Mini Challenge: Chiaroscuro Portraits

Postby no-one » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Susha wrote:hey just a thought about low lighting, i suppose all iconic images that come to mind are mostly portraits, just take marlon brandon in apocalypse now as an example. I think this might be tricky with tf toys. Firstly becoz strange angles make for strange shadows and it might be harder to actually see a face inbetween the rough edges and all those shadows.
secondly they are small. i use an old bud good cannon ios but even with a smartphone it might not be easy to get a good portrait of a tf toy face. Sure is for me since my collection is mostly legends scale.
well good luck if any1 tries
Challenge accepted! Mini challenges are something I've been thinking about for some time now and you nailed it on the head. So this week's mini challenge is brought to you by fellow Seibertroinian Susha.

I'll start things off.

I love the smell of fusion singe in the morning; smells like victory!

BTW Susha, I'm loving that sharp shadow Grims is casting. Mind clueing me in on what movie that is!

Maximo, :APPLAUSE: loving it, all of it. If you add some smoke I'll shut this challenge down ;)
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:56 pm

CarryTheOne wrote:Maximo, :APPLAUSE: loving ot, all of it. If you add some smoke I'll shut this challenge down. ;)

If you say so... :lol:

image.jpeg

Although I don't think it looks as good as the original. The smoke doesn't have the same grain effect.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Re: TFPC # 7: Mini Challenge: Chiaroscuro Portraits

Postby Susha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm

carytheone wrote:BTW Susha, I'm loving that sharp shadow Grims is casting. Mind clueing me in on what movie that is!

Maximo, :APPLAUSE: loving it, all of it. If you add some smoke I'll shut this challenge down ;)

nice portrait for megs! infact submit to the necrobot, if the living get a statue shouldn't the dead bots atleast get a portrait nah? :D :roll:

lov' the smell of napalm in da mornin, dat would be apocalypse now:)

and about my clue, how about this. 'once a smoker, always a smoker.'
Susha
Minibot

Postby Susha » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:42 am

so about the low lighting.

have you guys found an ideal angle for the light? For me it seemed to work better when the light was at the same hight of the figures. (0 degree angle?) well..the low lighting effect, but I had trouble getting the right focus. This seemed less so when the light was coming from higher up, but that made less of a low lighting effect.
I suppose it might have to do with my camera or maybe the set. I'm assuming a black background would help? I don't have the space but it would be nice to put together what we learned?

ciao
Susha
Minibot

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 am

Susha wrote:so about the low lighting.

have you guys found an ideal angle for the light? For me it seemed to work better when the light was at the same hight of the figures. (0 degree angle?) well..the low lighting effect, but I had trouble getting the right focus. This seemed less so when the light was coming from higher up, but that made less of a low lighting effect.
I suppose it might have to do with my camera or maybe the set. I'm assuming a black background would help? I don't have the space but it would be nice to put together what we learned?

ciao

I've got one light parallel and to the left and one above and behind the figure. I'm still experimenting. As far as focus goes, I'm using manual focus, except for the portrait of Megatron. I used my cellphone and just a single light level with him.

I opened a post in another thread to discuss and share technique. You can find that thread here.

lov' the smell of napalm in da mornin, dat would be apocalypse now:)
I wasn't trying to recreate anything here, just goofing around because you referenced the movie.

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Although I don't think it looks as good as the original. The smoke doesn't have the same grain effect.
I agree and stand corrected. Great shot though, definitely one of my favorites to come out of the TFPC.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 am

I love your portrait of Megs there, Cary. I know the theme is noir and all, but what do you think about adding a little red just around his eyes to contrast the already great contrasts going on in that shot?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby donny1975 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey hey peeps congrats to everyone and their very creative photos, very entertaining! :APPLAUSE:
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
donny1975
Transmetal Warrior

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:44 pm

DONNY! Been missing ya; I was just wondering about you yesterday.

Got time to play this week?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby donny1975 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:59 pm

carytheone wrote:DONNY! Been missing ya; I was just wondering about you yesterday.

Got time to play this week?

Hey Buuuuhdee!

Yeah I got some time, I actually have been getting my fix of TF goodness through Instagram for the past few weeks...decided to see how my Seibertron peeps are doing coz I miss ya(s) too!
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
donny1975
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Susha » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:54 pm

well i gave it another try.. tries..
here;

Susha
Minibot

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:I love your portrait of Megs there, Cary. I know the theme is noir and all, but what do you think about adding a little red just around his eyes to contrast the already great contrasts going on in that shot?
Thanks. How about some fake lens flare effects instead?

no-one
Matrix Keeper

TFPC # 7

Postby MagnusLabel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Motto: "(miming matches) My hovercraft is full of eels."
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Let me take a selfie...
MagnusLabel
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Jet
Strength: 3
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:32 pm

carytheone wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I love your portrait of Megs there, Cary. I know the theme is noir and all, but what do you think about adding a little red just around his eyes to contrast the already great contrasts going on in that shot?
Thanks. How about some fake lens flare effects instead?

Magnifico! What app are you using? Is it iOS compatible?

Magnus, your selfie is so HD and lovely. And Susha, I totally dig that first pic with Blaster.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby no-one » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:01 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Magnifico! What app are you using? Is it iOS compatible?
I used PicsArt on android. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on iOS. Someone only just clued me onto it yesterday.

I forgot, did you add that grain effect or was that just a product of your camera in low light?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 am

carytheone wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Magnifico! What app are you using? Is it iOS compatible?
I used PicsArt on android. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on iOS. Someone only just clued me onto it yesterday.

I forgot, did you add that grain effect or was that just a product of your camera in low light?

Both; my phone takes decent pics, but once they're blown up to the size you see, their resolution goes south. So I raised the sharpness, which also makes the grains more pronounced. I took it and ran, you know?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby ScottyP » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
I do want to participate, but dang, black and white? This style can be done in color to great result as well. I guess black and white does make it more accessible for participation though, so good with it on those grounds :) Will try to stop being lazy tonight or sometime soon.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

TFPC #7

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm

It's over, Prime.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Susha » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:20 pm

nemesis max. ty

cyberpath... nice..
Susha
Minibot

TFPC #7 Beauty and the Beast

Postby Cobotron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

TFPC #7: Fembot Fatale

Postby no-one » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 pm

We R C'ing a trend? :-? Hahaha, derp 8-}

CP and Cobonator, good stuffs! ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Blitz

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON