This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
prjkt wrote:
Kurona wrote:The more and more I see pictures of either version of this glorious figure...
... the more I can't wait to get it as Brainstorm :-P

Considering Brainstorm's based on Blurr, there are enough changes to the mould to make the difference, and a MUCH better Transformer than the 2014 T30 version. That release was probably the definitive MTMTE Brainstorm on bot mode, but the Alt mode was terrible (imo.)
Really love the WG TR Brainstorm as a toy, and they've done just enough in terms of deco and remoulded parts to make him a separate figure - even though for the most part, the entire body is just Blurr - but having jet boosters on his arms/legs isn't too out of the question for a Starfighter alt-mode, and the wings on the arms break up his silhouette quite well, as does the shield/fore section of the old mode. In fact it's more useful as a weapon than just a shield as with Blurr.

Happy to have all three of them so far.

Well it is essentially just the same figure with a new shield piece and wings, right? Not that I mind, still like the outcome. And while some people don't like the simple pretool, when you go back and look at G1 Blurr and Brainstorm's toys and alt modes... weirdly, they look very much alike. Maybe it's just me but it's a pretty bizarre coincidence.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:14 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Kurona wrote:
prjkt wrote:
Kurona wrote:The more and more I see pictures of either version of this glorious figure...
... the more I can't wait to get it as Brainstorm :-P

Considering Brainstorm's based on Blurr, there are enough changes to the mould to make the difference, and a MUCH better Transformer than the 2014 T30 version. That release was probably the definitive MTMTE Brainstorm on bot mode, but the Alt mode was terrible (imo.)
Really love the WG TR Brainstorm as a toy, and they've done just enough in terms of deco and remoulded parts to make him a separate figure - even though for the most part, the entire body is just Blurr - but having jet boosters on his arms/legs isn't too out of the question for a Starfighter alt-mode, and the wings on the arms break up his silhouette quite well, as does the shield/fore section of the old mode. In fact it's more useful as a weapon than just a shield as with Blurr.

Happy to have all three of them so far.

Well it is essentially just the same figure with a new shield piece and wings, right? Not that I mind, still like the outcome. And while some people don't like the simple pretool, when you go back and look at G1 Blurr and Brainstorm's toys and alt modes... weirdly, they look very much alike. Maybe it's just me but it's a pretty bizarre coincidence.

his arms are different,the fin in alt mode, thats about it
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby prjkt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:20 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Bumblebee21 wrote:his arms are different,the fin in alt mode, thats about it

Shoulders are slightly different - attachment points for the wings, but no peg for a TM head to stand, fin instead of whatever that crest thing is, new alt-mode fore-section/shield, and the bits that flip over and cover the hands are also new. Oh and the head of course

Other than that, yeah identical. But it still works really well - the colours really help I think, and still a very good effort for what's essentially a low-distribution level figure - We've all seen other characters in a similar spot that have simply been redecos...
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:29 am

prjkt wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:his arms are different,the fin in alt mode, thats about it

Shoulders are slightly different - attachment points for the wings, but no peg for a TM head to stand, fin instead of whatever that crest thing is, new alt-mode fore-section/shield, and the bits that flip over and cover the hands are also new. Oh and the head of course

Other than that, yeah identical. But it still works really well - the colours really help I think, and still a very good effort for what's essentially a low-distribution level figure - We've all seen other characters in a similar spot that have simply been redecos...

yeah its kind of like blaster into soundwave.
or straight up repaints
slingshot into blast off was horrible.
Alpha Bravo to vortex was okay.
only two without new heads i can think of at the moment besides
brawl into nosecone :BANG_HEAD:
streetwise into lightspeed :BANG_HEAD:
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

prjkt wrote:... and the bits that flip over and cover the hands are also new.

Huh, really? Wonder why.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby prjkt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:49 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Kurona wrote:
prjkt wrote:... and the bits that flip over and cover the hands are also new.

Huh, really? Wonder why.

Change the silhouette - no need for really spiky bits on either side, moulded to look like air intakes for the jet engines behind.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby Emerje » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:21 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
King Kuuga wrote:They share zero parts, much like Chromedome and Dead End.

Ok, but to be fair you using them as an example wasn't really a proper counter to what WJ said. He used Highbrow/Scourge and Offroad/Skydive as examples, you countered that with Bumblebee/Cliffjumper which really isn't a comparable example and then Chromedome and Dead End which is still basing one car off of another; nothing as extreme as the examples WJ gave.

RAR wrote:The difference there is that the two Combiner Wars toys share a Transformation in part due to the requirement that they be the same size in limb mode

I've seen this excuse before and I don't really buy into it. We've already got multiple different ways to transform the figures in this line as it is so they would have only shared out of necessity somehow. And it isn't because of limb length because we've seen several examples like Stunticons Breakdown and Dragstrip where they use extra parts (feet) to make the limbs longer or shorter as needed. They could have made Offroad a longer truck with a unique transformation just as easily if they wanted to.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:27 am

actually chromedome and dead end share the combiner port hole
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:26 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Big Grim wrote:That Takara Blurr really is a pretty piece of plastic!

Hell yeah he is!

prjkt wrote:That release was probably the definitive MTMTE

Forget "probably", he was perfection for MTMTE

Emerje wrote:. And it isn't because of limb length because we've seen several examples like Stunticons Breakdown and Dragstrip where they use extra parts (feet) to make the limbs longer or shorter as needed.

;)^
Brawl did too. The Rook mold also showed us a totally different way to make a limb of similar height while avoiding the same transformation scheme as the rest.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby blacklai » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:54 am

Titans Return Wave 2 ASIA STICKER SHEET

Chromedome

For detail review, please check below link:
http://blacklai1979.blogspot.tw/2016/09/review-titans-return-chromedome-with.html
blacklai
Mini-Con
News Credits: 8

Titans Return Asia-exclusive Sticker Sheet for Wave 2 Deluxes, Voyagers and Leaders revealed

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks to fellow board member blacklai, we now have a look at a new sticker sheet Hasbro Asia is bringing out for Titans Return Wave 2 - specifically for Chromedome, Weirdwolf, Mindwipe, Highbrow, Astrotrain, Alpha Trion and Soundwave. The news also comes with a picture of a fully stickered-up Chromedome, a comparison between he and his non-stickered self, and a review of the stickers for him by blacklai himself. Check out the images and review below and tell us what you think!

http://blacklai1979.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... -with.html
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:17 pm

A few things I wanted to mention and I lose track of where things were said since these toys are in 2 seperate threads.

Firstly, I remember saying that the stickers for TR would be easy to find online. I was RIGHT :DANCE: They are available for 20$ free shipping and it covers all wave 1 figures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Ti ... SwhMFXkyA3

But I dont need wave 1, wave 2 might be better, I like how they look on chromedome. Curious most about those circular ones for Mindwipe.

Anyways, another thing I was discussing was how Hasbro is hitting the TR line out of the park and offering us a different option from Takara rather than an inferior option. Like Emerge, I agree that hasbro's TR Blaster is the definitive version of that figure which was clearly designed to homage the original giant toy rather than be a stand in for a show accurate Blaster (like for what, the MP line?). Anyways, I was looking at chromedome pics and if Takara hadnt decided to lump the titan master vehicles with the deluxes, I would not have been able to tell you which toy came from which company. They both have as premium a look, it's just different (which to me is the best scenario since you never feel you have an inferior product).

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Mr O » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
How. I've not been able to keep up for a while but I notice rumours of a new Cosmos down the line. Is that all so far? I'm wondering if there might be a chance of another Scrounge besides the one in that box of KOs :). Ta!
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Mr O wrote:How. I've not been able to keep up for a while but I notice rumours of a new Cosmos down the line. Is that all so far? I'm wondering if there might be a chance of another Scrounge besides the one in that box of KOs :). Ta!

There's a lot more rumours than just Cosmos lol, but nothing on Scrounge. But now you bring it up, the possibility of a single-packed Scrounge retool of a new Cosmos does interest me...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'd probably be able to tell which Chromey is which because Hasbro's has less of a cohesive color-scheme. Takara's is very cartoon-accurate (with the brown paint on the legs) and Hasbro's is just a tiny bit of silver on the chins. Takara's also has less colors, whereas Hasbro's has multiple shades of brown plastic (common for Hasbro). Takara seems to be better at matching plastic colors. Not saying either is bad, but just saying that I would be able to tell which is which because each side has their own company cliches.

Edit: Also, Takara's has gold-painted rims on black wheels, whereas Hasbro's has unpainted translucent black wheels. The translucent black on Hasbro's is the same plastic as the windshield. That's a huge giveaway.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:52 pm

SillySpringer wrote:I'd probably be able to tell which Chromey is which because Hasbro's has less of a cohesive color-scheme. Takara's is very cartoon-accurate (with the brown paint on the legs) and Hasbro's is just a tiny bit of silver on the chins. Takara's also has less colors, whereas Hasbro's has multiple shades of brown plastic (common for Hasbro). Takara seems to be better at matching plastic colors. Not saying either is bad, but just saying that I would be able to tell which is which because each side has their own company cliches.

Well, if you hadn't seen the original fiction either. Personally I've never seen Headmasters beyond a few clips.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Kurona wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:I'd probably be able to tell which Chromey is which because Hasbro's has less of a cohesive color-scheme. Takara's is very cartoon-accurate (with the brown paint on the legs) and Hasbro's is just a tiny bit of silver on the chins. Takara's also has less colors, whereas Hasbro's has multiple shades of brown plastic (common for Hasbro). Takara seems to be better at matching plastic colors. Not saying either is bad, but just saying that I would be able to tell which is which because each side has their own company cliches.

Well, if you hadn't seen the original fiction either. Personally I've never seen Headmasters beyond a few clips.

Same. What I meant was judging the two pics and all you know about Takara is that their paint scheme is usually better, it would be hard to tell which one has better paint.

I love how Hasbro has that silver on his abdomen and the nice red on his car sides. I am assuming Hasbro went for MTMTE colours?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:00 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Same. What I meant was judging the two pics and all you know about Takara is that their paint scheme is usually better, it would be hard to tell which one has better paint.

I love how Hasbro has that silver on his abdomen and the nice red on his car sides. I am assuming Hasbro went for MTMTE colours?

Basically.

Sorry for the spoilers (though it IS issue 14), best pic I could find especially as I'm rushing to go out
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mr O » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
Kurona wrote:There's a lot more rumours than just Cosmos lol, but nothing on Scrounge. But now you bring it up, the possibility of a single-packed Scrounge retool of a new Cosmos does interest me...

Ha! Yeah, I should have said 'is there any more to it' or something, fuzzy-headed. Single-packed Scrounge must happen! I'll get a team on it straight away.
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Kurona wrote:
Mr O wrote:How. I've not been able to keep up for a while but I notice rumours of a new Cosmos down the line. Is that all so far? I'm wondering if there might be a chance of another Scrounge besides the one in that box of KOs :). Ta!

There's a lot more rumours than just Cosmos lol, but nothing on Scrounge. But now you bring it up, the possibility of a single-packed Scrounge retool of a new Cosmos does interest me...

It interests everybody :PRAY:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I have not seen hardly any of the Headmasters cartoon besides an english dub of one episode. Even before then though, the Chromedome I knew and loved had the brown legs and tan shoes.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Intelligence: 6

Postby SureShot18 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
SillySpringer wrote: Takara's also has less colors, whereas Hasbro's has multiple shades of brown plastic (common for Hasbro). Takara seems to be better at matching plastic colors. Not saying either is bad, but just saying that I would be able to tell which is which because each side has their own company cliches.

I know you said it doesn't matter but I thought I'd point out that the brown on Chromedome is way closer on the actual figure than in that product shot. Going off memory I don't think it's different at all.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but every time I look at Chromedome I can't help but notice how both his headmaster (minus the face) and his knees/upper legs are identical to Blurr...
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
LeAwesome1 wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but every time I look at Chromedome I can't help but notice how both his headmaster (minus the face) and his knees/upper legs are identical to Blurr...

They are the same. Chromedome and Blurr share those parts, but nothing else.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
LeAwesome1 wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but every time I look at Chromedome I can't help but notice how both his headmaster (minus the face) and his knees/upper legs are identical to Blurr...

They are the same. Chromedome and Blurr share those parts, but nothing else.

Well, and the gun, but thats about it
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON