This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Kurona wrote:For Octane that makes sense, since as I've noted before, the robot mode is modeled heavily after Laser Prime rather than any specific version of Octane.

Megatron... well, I dunno. The mold just worked very well for the dude.

Don't be surprised, but the Tank/jet one's robot mode is based more on Megatron than on Blitzwing. You can definitely tell by the abdomen, which is styled after the Decepticon Leader.

It's interesting how certain details on a character can become so iconic. The only thing on Blitzwing that really screams "Megatron" is his abdomen. It's exactly the same sculpt as Titans Return Megatron, just painted over in white with no attempted to pick out the details. If they had remolded that part too, I don't think anything about Titans Return Blitzwing would look particularly "Megatron-esque."

For Octane, I think they did a better job. Both the chest piece and the abdomen have been remolded and look nothing like Optimus Prime, in any incarnation. You can fold back the shoulder pylons to take away another iconic part of the Laser Optimus Prime silhouette as well. Even if you don't, Octane's pylons have been differently sculpted so as not to resemble those of Laser Prime anyway. The rest of the sculpting is pretty "generic," like the arms, shoulders, pelvis, and thighs. The sculpting for Titans Return Optimus Prime's lower legs certainly call to mind the original G2 toy, but it's different enough and stylized enough that it doesn't look out of place on Octane, which I'm betting was the idea from the get go.

Long story short: Blitzwing looks more like a Megatron reuse than Octane does a Laser Optimus Prime reuse, even if only for Blitzwing's "Abs by Megatron" belly.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby LE0KING » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Wolfman Jake wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Kurona wrote:For Octane that makes sense, since as I've noted before, the robot mode is modeled heavily after Laser Prime rather than any specific version of Octane.

Megatron... well, I dunno. The mold just worked very well for the dude.

Don't be surprised, but the Tank/jet one's robot mode is based more on Megatron than on Blitzwing. You can definitely tell by the abdomen, which is styled after the Decepticon Leader.

It's interesting how certain details on a character can become so iconic. The only thing on Blitzwing that really screams "Megatron" is his abdomen. It's exactly the same sculpt as Titans Return Megatron, just painted over in white with no attempted to pick out the details. If they had remolded that part too, I don't think anything about Titans Return Blitzwing would look particularly "Megatron-esque."

For Octane, I think they did a better job. Both the chest piece and the abdomen have been remolded and look nothing like Optimus Prime, in any incarnation. You can fold back the shoulder pylons to take away another iconic part of the Laser Optimus Prime silhouette as well. Even if you don't, Octane's pylons have been differently sculpted so as not to resemble those of Laser Prime anyway. The rest of the sculpting is pretty "generic," like the arms, shoulders, pelvis, and thighs. The sculpting for Titans Return Optimus Prime's lower legs certainly call to mind the original G2 toy, but it's different enough and stylized enough that it doesn't look out of place on Octane, which I'm betting was the idea from the get go.

Long story short: Blitzwing looks more like a Megatron reuse than Octane does a Laser Optimus Prime reuse, even if only for Blitzwing's "Abs by Megatron" belly.

This is the downside of the "pre-tool" game. If you make a toy look like two characters there will always be iconic parts that just don't translate well.

That said, these are a hundred thousand times better than a bad repaint or slight retool like combiner wars. I'd rather have a good blitzwing and a good megatron with megatron's abs than a doubledealer with Blitzwing's everything.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
LE0KING wrote:This is the downside of the "pre-tool" game. If you make a toy look like two characters there will always be iconic parts that just don't translate well.

That said, these are a hundred thousand times better than a bad repaint or slight retool like combiner wars. I'd rather have a good blitzwing and a good megatron with megatron's abs than a doubledealer with Blitzwing's everything.

With this new Blitzwing, though, that Thrilling 30 repaint/retool Doubledealer will look much more distinct on our shelves. Heck, the new Titans Return mold looks much more like G1 Blitzwing, especially in the torso, than the T30 mold ever did. It's too bad the TFCC couldn't get a Flywheels repaint of that Blitzwing mold before their partnership with Hasbro ended last year. The Thrilling 30 mold would really do Flywheels justice.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Funnily enough, the original Blitzwing toy does have white intakes where Megatron's intake ab things are. Not exactly the same of course; but I guess Hasbro figured they were similar enough - and that for Blitzwing in particular, it's such a minor detail - that there was no point in changing the piece.

I'd rather they'd have given him a new ab piece than give Octane a new chestplate, though. God I wish Octane still had his chest windows; I know they're the same as Optimus', but they're like one of the only distinct character details he has!
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Kurona wrote:Funnily enough, the original Blitzwing toy does have white intakes where Megatron's intake ab things are. Not exactly the same of course; but I guess Hasbro figured they were similar enough - and that for Blitzwing in particular, it's such a minor detail - that there was no point in changing the piece.

I'd rather they'd have given him a new ab piece than give Octane a new chestplate, though. God I wish Octane still had his chest windows; I know they're the same as Optimus', but they're like one of the only distinct character details he has!

I swear, no one remembers what Octane looked like in G1. He NEVER had chest windows, in any G1 media (toy, cartoon, comic, or otherwise). What you're thinking of is a design change made to Universe 2008 Octane (a.k.a., Tankor), which was reused in some IDW artwork of the character in the past decade or so.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Kurona wrote:Funnily enough, the original Blitzwing toy does have white intakes where Megatron's intake ab things are. Not exactly the same of course; but I guess Hasbro figured they were similar enough - and that for Blitzwing in particular, it's such a minor detail - that there was no point in changing the piece.

I swear, no one remembers what Octane looked like in G1. He NEVER had chest windows, in any G1 media (toy, cartoon, comic, or otherwise). What you're thinking of is a design change made to Universe 2008 Octane (a.k.a., Tankor), which was reused in some IDW artwork of the character in the past decade or so.

TR Octone does have detailing referring to the G1 toy.

Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Tankor (Octane) Gallery

He's the best of both figures :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby LE0KING » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Who said anything about G1? Not everyone cares about or even likes G1. Some of us prefer the IDW look.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Bumblebee21 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
LE0KING wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Who said anything about G1?

Hasbro.

LE0KING wrote:Not everyone cares about or even likes G1. Some of us prefer the IDW look.

The IDW look is based on a toy released by Hasbro in 2008 under their revamped "Transformers Universe" line as a "Classics 2.0" take on the original Generation 1 character of Octane. The design idea for "Transformers Classics" at that time was modern updates of G1 characters, with more current alt modes, better articulation and toy engineering, and added detail of flare that suited the whims of the designers. Right now, people are confusing the details created for "Classics" Octane with his G1 self. Hasbro is focused on a much more G1 oriented look to its Generations toys right now. To Hasbro, and people who are paying attention, Titans Return Octane isn't "missing" any details, because they were never there in the intended source material to begin with.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:TR Octone does have detailing referring to the G1 toy.

I didn't say otherwise, did I?
Last edited by Wolfman Jake on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:

Oh I know, I'm just saying that those chest windows added later in Universe and IDW helps him stand out. And it'd make more sense since he has a panel for a chest here instead of the truck cab becoming the chest.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
YoungPrime wrote:The lesson is that they're not going to go the same extreme as they did there but annoying things like purple turrets will get us to spend $15-$20 more on Takara's version in their eyes.

Hell even I couldn't pass on LG40 but in Blitzwing's case I'll just paint the d@mn turret myself.

But what does Hasbro gain from some fans going to takara? I dont really see the point of such a conspiracy. And that purple turrent is beyond dumb. I would udnerstand if it was removeable and doubled as his gun, which is purple. But it doesnt. And I tried removing that turret from Megatron, DONT. It is not meant to be removed. So there really is 0 point in it being purple.

Bu aside from that Blitzwing looks great and while I am not very familiar with his G1 look (I know him more from Animated), doing a simple google search shows that the broad upper body is a perfect fit. The colour schem is a nice blend of the G1 show (like th chest area) and the toy (like the colour of the arms and detailing on the lower torso).

it will be an easy purchase.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 pm

william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:The lesson is that they're not going to go the same extreme as they did there but annoying things like purple turrets will get us to spend $15-$20 more on Takara's version in their eyes.

Hell even I couldn't pass on LG40 but in Blitzwing's case I'll just paint the d@mn turret myself.

But what does Hasbro gain from some fans going to takara? I dont really see the point of such a conspiracy. And that purple turrent is beyond dumb. I would udnerstand if it was removeable and doubled as his gun, which is purple. But it doesnt. And I tried removing that turret from Megatron, DONT. It is not meant to be removed. So there really is 0 point in it being purple.

Bu aside from that Blitzwing looks great and while I am not very familiar with his G1 look (I know him more from Animated), doing a simple google search shows that the broad upper body is a perfect fit. The colour schem is a nice blend of the G1 show (like th chest area) and the toy (like the colour of the arms and detailing on the lower torso).

it will be an easy purchase.

The turret does attach and become his gun; you can see on the stock renders it can attach to the TM gun like Megatron's fusion cannon.

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Kurona wrote:The turret does attach and become his gun; you can see on the stock renders it can attach to the TM gun like Megatron's fusion cannon.

Ah thanks, well that explains it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Video Review of Titans Return Octone

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Titans return doesn't miss a beat. With people finally getting their hands on the wave 4 toys, we now have reviews of the wave 5 toys coming in since they were released in the Philippines. For now we have a review of Titans Return Octone but we are sure we will see reviews of others shortly. The reviewer does a good job of pointing out what has changed from the Optimus Prime use of this voyager mold.

Enjoy!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
I can't wait to see what Takara does with Blitzing.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Score up one more for the Megatron praising and some surprising Alpha Bravo representation :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Nik Hero wrote:I can't wait to see what Takara does with Blitzing.

My first guess was taht they would give him purple forearms so he would be show accurate but then I realized that it would make for one weird looking tank.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Albatross250 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Nik Hero wrote:I can't wait to see what Takara does with Blitzwing.

I hope its paint, but stickers for me is better as well :-P
Also, can't wait for :TAKARATOMY: 's manga works with him playing at the stadium and scores 2 points on the game
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
william-james88 wrote:

My first guess was taht they would give him purple forearms so he would be show accurate but then I realized that it would make for one weird looking tank.

At the very least, they'll give him a silver face instead of purple. They'll probably get the gun barrel on the tank the right color too. Otherwise, there's not too much to be done, except for the forearms, as you mentioned. Oh, and lest we forget, NO STICKERS!
Last edited by Wolfman Jake on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Qwan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
william-james88 wrote:

They might just paint the "inner" surface (the top in robot mode) of his forearms... not that it'd look fantastic on the robot, but it wouldn't mess with the tank mode's color scheme that way. Though it might look a little strange in jet mode too (or maybe it'd fit better with the jet's colors that way :-? ).

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Kurona wrote:Score up one more for the Megatron praising and some surprising Alpha Bravo representation :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

I love Thew's Reviews! "Giant Distended Fusion-Phallus" is the new word of the day, lol! :lol:
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:32 pm

my favourite part was "do do do doomshot". I just love the quick comedy

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Albatross250 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
I found something on Blitzwing face why he was purple
Maybe because of this design?
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank

Postby Kurona » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Albatross250 wrote:I found something on Blitzwing face why he was purple

It's because the original G1 toy had a purple face, which that art (likely Dreamwave) seems to be going off of. Bar the occasional MTMTE or Cartoon reference here or there in the facesculpts (or of course, the cases of retools/repaints) you'll notice a lot of Titans Return and Combiner Wars are heavily modeled after the G1 toys over most other media, in terms of both mold and paint.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Kurona wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:I found something on Blitzwing face why he was purple

It's because the original G1 toy had a purple face, which that art (likely Dreamwave)
It's Guido Guidi's cover art for the RI-C cover of Infiltration #3, and which was later recycled for The Transformers Classics, Vol. 6.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "1 Step Changer BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
1 Step Changer BUM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Rise Of The Beasts Optimus Prime 19” Popcorn Bucket AMC New 2023"
Transformers Rise ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Nitro Series OPTIMUS PRIME Energon Igniters Transformers Bumblebee Hasbro NEW"
Nitro Series OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Bottle Crunch & Squeak Dog Toy Hasbro 2023 New"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal BUMBLEBEE Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 221009A"
Happy Meal BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 91 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
BLITZWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON