This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby Professor Smooth » Wed May 31, 2017 7:56 am

TakaraTomy prices have got me so confounded that paying $111 *just* for Metalhawk seems like something I'd do.
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby nycPrime » Wed May 31, 2017 8:12 am

I couldn't get myself to pay the prices for TT Legends. Definitely glad I didn't go with TT Ginrai. The asking price on that was too much for me, and yea, makes this $100 box set seem a steal. Kinda wish I didn't get Triggerhappy though. I'm not familiar with the character and don't need 2 of this mold. Metalhawk would have been fine. I'm pretty excited for this set. BTW, I'm a bit out of the loop. Does Pounce share a mold with another figure?

Out of curiosity, how long you guys think before this set sells out?
Last edited by nycPrime on Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Pre-ordered!!

And I think Pounce and fastlane share a similar base, as will their twins. The design looks similar, and I think the transformations are similar
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Insurgent » Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 am

One assumes Pounce shares a mould with Wingspan. But we haven't seen him yet.

I would love to get this set. Thunderwing is the only one I'm not interested in.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Professor Smooth » Wed May 31, 2017 8:16 am

nycPrime wrote:I couldn't get myself to pay the prices for TT Legends. Definitely glad I didn't go with TT Ginrai. The asking price on that was too much for me, and yea, makes this $100 box set seem a steal. Kinda wish I didn't get Triggerhappy though. I'm not familiar with the character and don't need 2 of this mold. Metalhawk would have been fine. I'm pretty excited for this set. BTW, I'm a bit out of the loop. Does Pounce share a mold with another figure?

Right? Even in Japan, Super Ginrai's price on the secondary market it something like $135. This set is cheaper...and includes 4 other toys!
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby Ravage XK » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Does anyone know where this will be available in the U.K.?

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 am

Insurgent wrote:One assumes Pounce shares a mould with Wingspan. But we haven't seen him yet.

I would love to get this set. Thunderwing is the only one I'm not interested in.

It will be. Just like the Autobot clones they will share the over all mold together with some slight tooling
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 31, 2017 8:25 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Pre-Ordered The Cybertron Set as well. I just wish there was a way to speak to a "live" person at BBTS rather than their customer service e-mail which never answers any questions (2 weeks ago they "knew nothing" of this set...now here it is? I'm sure the exclusivity of this set in the United States being through BBTS was something vetted a long time ago, as was stated at ToyFair back in February).

Anyway, it states estimated arrival is late July. So about four months in-between the first & second set. Last Year CW & UW box sets were being released with regularity about every 60 days. If the four month time duration between sets remains we wont see the 3rd set until November, and the 4th until March 2018! Hopefully that will nto be the case. Hopefully the last 2 sets come before end of year. I'm thinking/hoping Hasbro wants to start 2018 fresh with a new line.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby mordhelm » Wed May 31, 2017 8:29 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
So in thinking about the boxsets, could Optimus Prime be the thing that ties them altogether. While I doubt it, it may actually happen.

Here is what I noticed:

1. Chaos on Velocitron: Laser Prime Voyager
2. Siege on Cybertron: Magnus Prime Leader
3. There is a potential deluxe Orion Pax coming
4. Then just a diecast Titan Master for Box set 4.

This would give us an Optimus figure at every class in the boxset besides the "special" Clones class.

Again, do I think this is likely what they are doing? No. But, it is interesting that so far both boxsets in TR have had an Optimus, and there is an extremely high likelihood of an Orion Pax coming too.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed May 31, 2017 8:31 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Where do I get it for the UK and for how the much? I want Magnus Prime. I'd probably keep the Thunderwing head since it's so small. I'd sell off the other figures cos none of them interest me at all.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 am

o.supreme wrote:Pre-Ordered The Cybertron Set as well. I just wish there was a way to speak to a "live" person at BBTS rather than their customer service e-mail which never answers any questions (2 weeks ago they "knew nothing" of this set...now here it is? I'm sure the exclusivity of this set in the United States being through BBTS was something vetted a long time ago, as was stated at ToyFair back in February).

Anyway, it states estimated arrival is late July. So about four months in-between the first & second set. Last Year CW & UW box sets were being released with regularity about every 60 days. If the four month time duration between sets remains we wont see the 3rd set until November, and the 4th until March 2018! Hopefully that will nto be the case. Hopefully the last 2 sets come before end of year. I'm thinking/hoping Hasbro wants to start 2018 fresh with a new line.

Well what do you expect? BBTS carries over a thousand brands. I work in retail and you have no idea how annoying it is when someone asks "when is this happening?" I have no idea.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 am

Well, I wish I'd know they were going to release this version of Prime here, I probably wouldn't have gotten the Takara one. But I too have preordered it. Would have been nice to see the Alt versions.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 am

mordhelm wrote:So in thinking about the boxsets, could Optimus Prime be the thing that ties them altogether. While I doubt it, it may actually happen.

Here is what I noticed:

This would give us an Optimus figure at every class in the boxset besides the "special" Clones class.

Again, do I think this is likely what they are doing? No. But, it is interesting that so far both boxsets in TR have had an Optimus, and there is an extremely high likelihood of an Orion Pax coming too.

The Magnus Prime isn't technically Optimus. It's actually the transtector Ginrai from super god master force that came to life at the end apparently. According to tfwiki and they only post officia stuff.

But yeah it's something I've noticed too that it's possible we're getting an "optimus" maybe in every box
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Insurgent » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am

mordhelm wrote:So in thinking about the boxsets, could Optimus Prime be the thing that ties them altogether. While I doubt it, it may actually happen.

Here is what I noticed:

Clones aren't a special class, they are Legends sized.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby serial_dirge » Wed May 31, 2017 8:49 am

Motto: "That which does not kill me is dead when I'm done with it."
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
I originally passed on Takara Ginrai, so this worked well for me. I preordered Godbomber at the same time. After dropping $188 on the Chaos on Velocitron set when I couldn't find it locally, this seems like a decent deal!
~dirge
serial_dirge
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: 1972 Mach 1 Mustang
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 31, 2017 8:56 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Randomhero wrote:The Magnus Prime isn't technically Optimus. It's actually the transtector Ginrai from super god master force that came to life at the end apparently. According to tfwiki and they only post officia stuff.
We technically don't know that for certain. To clarify, the person who put Magnus Prime on Ginrai's Wiki page did so only because of the toy mold's heritage. I doubt Hasbro really meant for Magnus Prime to be the Japanese ex-Godmaster character, so once we get something concrete on Magnus Prime's identity, it'll be put in its proper placement on the Wiki.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 9:02 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:The Magnus Prime isn't technically Optimus. It's actually the transtector Ginrai from super god master force that came to life at the end apparently. According to tfwiki and they only post officia stuff.
We technically don't know that for certain. To clarify, the person who put Magnus Prime on Ginrai's Wiki page did so only because of the toy mold's heritage. I doubt Hasbro really meant for Magnus Prime to be the Japanese ex-Godmaster character, so once we get something concrete on Magnus Prime's identity, it'll be put in its proper placement on the Wiki.

Either way it's also whoever you want it to be once their in your hands. That's why I really don't understand why people get so mad when there's a name change due to trademark or it's not what wanted.

It's your toy call it whatever the hell you want.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed May 31, 2017 9:03 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Randomhero wrote:Either way it's also whoever you want it to be once their in your hands. That's why I really don't understand why people get so mad when there's a name change due to trademark or it's not what wanted.

It's your toy call it whatever the hell you want.

He's the proper POWERMASTER OPTIMUS F***ING PRIME with HI-Q when I get him.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Magnus Prime will be my Ginrai, and hopefully we get Godbomber in a later boxset. It would be cool, considering Hasbro's recent trends towards including several Japanese-exclusive characters, to get Super Ginrai in hand through Hasbro. Also, even though I don't like the feet, I do like the tooling and I'm glad I passed on Powermaster Prime to get this version
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Knight wrote:Well, I wish I'd know they were going to release this version of Prime here, I probably wouldn't have gotten the Takara one. But I too have preordered it. Would have been nice to see the Alt versions.

We already have pics of the alt modes. You can see them here
https://www.seibertron.com/events/galle ... ent_id=505
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Magnus Prime will be my Ginrai, and hopefully we get Godbomber in a later boxset. It would be cool, considering Hasbro's recent trends towards including several Japanese-exclusive characters, to get Super Ginrai in hand through Hasbro. Also, even though I don't like the feet, I do like the tooling and I'm glad I passed on Powermaster Prime to get this version

I was a pretty big opponent of the feet but after having Ginrai for 6 months now they grow on you. I barely notice them anymore but that might also attribute to giving my TR PM Optimus to a friend after getting him so I don't notice it anymore
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Randomhero wrote:Well what do you expect? BBTS carries over a thousand brands. I work in retail and you have no idea how annoying it is when someone asks "when is this happening?" I have no idea.

So...folks at NYTF know more about BBTS than they themselves do? That's interesting. Also I used to work at a retail store also (one of the worst btw that is almost extinct now), granted it was almost 20 years ago, but even on our crappy ancient-as-heck DOS based computer system we could look up products and know when they were coming. If with all the computer/networking technology now, retail stores employees don't know what's coming, and not, that is a huge problem. Of course I experienced that with Wal-Mart back in late December with the TR Legends series 3 being "not in their system".... We've come so far...and yet not at all it seems sometimes. :BANG_HEAD:
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2017 9:45 am

o.supreme wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Well what do you expect? BBTS carries over a thousand brands. I work in retail and you have no idea how annoying it is when someone asks "when is this happening?" I have no idea.

So...folks at NYTF know more about BBTS than they themselves do? That's interesting. Also I used to work at a retail store also (one of the worst btw that is almost extinct now), granted it was almost 20 years ago, but even on our crappy ancient-as-heck DOS based computer system we could look up products and know when they were coming. If with all the computer/networking technology now, retail stores employees don't know what's coming, and not, that is a huge problem. Of course I experienced that with Wal-Mart back in late December with the TR Legends series 3 being "not in their system".... We've come so far...and yet not at all it seems sometimes. :BANG_HEAD:

It was announced by by Hasbro as a bbts exclusive. That's all. Something that was probably until lately a contract level agreement so it wouldn't be in their systems until Hasbro sent them the SKU and pricing. That's how that works. I deal with it all the time. Once a week alone I get someone who asked "when is the next Mtn Dew Game fuel coming out and what's the flavor?" "I don't know" "well how do you not know? You work for Pepsi you should know." It's annoying.

In retail nowadays when something new comes out it's not put in the system until they're sent the info ahead of time. Sometimes it's months but for exclusives it can 4-8 weeks before the actual release. That's how exclusives tend to work
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Mkall » Wed May 31, 2017 9:53 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Pre-ordered! If anyone is looking for just the Optimus, I'll be happy to part with him.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Man, two months? Really? Ah well, good its finally coming out :)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON