This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Titans Return Grotusque with authentic curb stomped action.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:48 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I wonder if, at some point, we'll get an exclusive Repugnus made out of POTP Rippersnapper or something :-?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Randomhero » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am

You could make it out of this mold. That way they all have some relation as a team. Use the lower half and same engineering as grotesque. New arms(not 100% necessary) new bug head and front torso. Close enough. But if it happens which it probably won’t because we got a Repugnus and this gimmick is over. I got all three monsterbots now I’m good. I’m happy with what we get.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:58 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
As a Canadian will I be able to obtain Arcee and Grotesque?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Deadput wrote:As a Canadian will I be able to obtain Arcee and Grotesque?

Dunno; my advice would be: look everywhere in the coming months. The clone two-pack showed up at eb there with no warning or announcement, so clearly they'll make their way there just like every other exclusive.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I actually like his colors more than Twinferno. I'm not a huge fan of pink either but I do like more colorful figures than not in most cases. Kinda wish he was red or royal purple. Though maybe purple would make him look too much like Mindwipe - with the wings and all.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
So annoyed I missed out on this guy. Anyone got a second they're willing to resell?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Mkall wrote:So annoyed I missed out on this guy. Anyone got a second they're willing to resell?

You're better off waiting for the announcement of the partner chain. Like Arcee isn't exclusive to HasCon, Grotusque isn't exclusive to HTS or NYCC.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby megatronus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Does anyone else thing Grotusque bears a passing resemblance to Deathsaurus?

Feels like an easy retool.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
megatronus wrote:Does anyone else thing Grotusque bears a passing resemblance to Deathsaurus?

Nooooooot really. But then again I was one of the people who thought a dinobot combiner was dumb and shouldn't happen. So what do I know.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just a thought, HasCon had Arcee; NYCC had Grotusque; London comic con is coming up, Anybody thinking another exclusive?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby megatronus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:11 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Just a thought, HasCon had Arcee; NYCC had Grotusque; London comic con is coming up, Anybody thinking another exclusive?

Doubt it. Think of the Hascon exclusive as an SDCC sub, and not much has changed in the scheme of things. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Emerje » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:34 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
megatronus wrote:Does anyone else thing Grotusque bears a passing resemblance to Deathsaurus?

I can see it, really only needs new beast and bot heads to pull it off acceptably enough. Obviously the beast arms wouldn't be right and he'd have furry ankles, but I think it'd look OK. Though I think heavily modifying PotP Grimlock would work better and his combiner feet could double as Tigerbreast and Eaglebreast. That's probably asking way too much of a Voyager, though.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Just a thought, HasCon had Arcee; NYCC had Grotusque; London comic con is coming up, Anybody thinking another exclusive?

Have they done exclusives before? Have we heard of releases of Arcee and Grotusque in England? Probably not then. Hascon is BotCon's replacement and NYCC has had exclusives in the past so it makes sense for those two to have gotten figures.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Insurgent » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 am

Why am i wanting grotesque? It looks terrible, and i have no connection to the monsterbots.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Insurgent wrote:Why am i wanting grotesque? It looks terrible, and i have no connection to the monsterbots.

Look, I didn't either but I ordered Grotesque then hit Target on the way home from work and picked up the other two so in 48 hours I went from 0 to finished. That has a hell of a satisfying feeling to it.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby megatronus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 am

Insurgent wrote:Why am i wanting grotesque? It looks terrible, and i have no connection to the monsterbots.

That's the point! :lol:

zodconvoy wrote:Look, I didn't either but I ordered Grotesque then hit Target on the way home from work and picked up the other two so in 48 hours I went from 0 to finished. That has a hell of a satisfying feeling to it.

Repugnus is adorable! I would still like a deluxe to round out the team... but it is nice to be able to 'complete' the set.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Pictorial and Video Review for Transformers Titans Return Grotusque with Fengul and Scorponok

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
As many of you remember, last Thursday, Hasbro dropped a surprise bombshell on us with the revealing of a Titans Return Grotusque complete with Titan Master Fengul and Scorponok, rounding out the Monsterbot trio and the quadruplet of diecast Titan Masters. Yours truly was able to get a hold one of these figures, and I would now like to tell you why Grotusque is one of the best deluxes of Titans Return and why Scorponok is fun too.

For the official Seibertron galleries, you can check out the reveal gallery and the display gallery. You can also view G1 Grotusque for comparisons to his original form.

We will start with the bot mode, and I apologize now for the lighting of the images.

Bot mode is gorgeous, and very well painted. The bot mode is fun to look at, with the puffed out chest area complete with the beast mode lower jaw area proudly standing front and center. The colors are really loud and great on this figure, with the shoulders getting some surprisingly good attention to detail. He even has that little triangle dead center of his chest.

The head sculpt is pretty good, though I wish it was a little closer to the G1 toy's flirty/pouting face, but it is still nice regardless. He still does look grumpy though!

Now this mold is a retool of Titans Return Twinferno, his fellow deluxe Monsterbot. The retool is very obvious in the lower part of the body, with everything from the waist down being the same as Twinferno, just in new colors. The wings are also the same, as are the guns. The arms, head, and upper chest area, however, are new, and it really helps him stand out from his Monster-mate. The Titan Master's body is also the same, though the head is new (to be seen later).

Now up first for comparisons, here we have the Monsterbot trio together at last! While it is a bummer that Repugnus is not a deluxe as well, he still looks cool enough, and you can always play musical chairs with the heads!

Transformation on the lower body is the same as Twinferno, but the upper body has some nice new tricks. The arms are pretty basic, rotating 180 degrees at the bicep and having some flip out beast claws, but the new beast head is where the transformation shines. the lower jaw folds out of the upper chest while the upper beast head flips up over from the back.

And the result is a pretty great beast mode! Now anyone who likes Monsterbots will remember: they are supposed to be ugly as sin, it's part of their thing. They are supposed to be ugly monsters that scare people, and this guy does it very well. His beast mode is great in it's ugliness, looking so good yet so bad all at the same time. A great beast mode, the mode where he really shines!

Also of note, the beast head has tabs on the side for his guns. While they can store on his back like Twinferno, you can also mount them on the beast head. This is more for robot mode storage, but it's a really funny thing you can do in beast mode!

Here we have the Monsterbots in beast mode, and all 3 shine together here. They are a perfect team, and I am really glad I got to complete the team.

Lastly, we'll take a brief look at Scorponok, who finally got his release, and Fengul! The robot mode for Scorponok is the same as Ultra Magnus and Thunderwing, and is once again diecast. It looks pretty nice, and I enjoy the colors. Fengul is based on Daburu, Twinferno's Titan Master, but with a new head based on a saber tooth tigers, which is yet another battle beast reference! The paint work on Fengul is really good too, the best of the line.

Below, you can check out Fengul, and then a comparison with the 3 Monsterbots and Scorponoks Titan Master robot modes.

And finally today, Scorponok in head mode. It's a nice head, yet feels a bit too small, like this was a head that really needed the voyager treatment with the things deploying on either side to beef it up. The Head looks really funny on Grotusque, but really works with Tidal Wave!

In conclusion, this whole set is a great pickup. Grotusque is the best of the Monsterbots here, and is really one of the best deluxes of the whole line. I really enjoy this figure, everything about him is dumb, fun, ugly, beautiful, and he should be a figure people actively hunt down.

Scorponok is pretty cool too. While he is not my favorite Titan Master, he is still really cool, and will be a great addition to his larger generations toy when we finally get one.

While this set was only available for about an hour on HasbroToyShop last Thursday, it will be available again online soon, much like Arcee, so keep your optics tuned for all the latest Grotusque and Scorponok news here!

:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:

Also, thanks to Stuartmaximus, we have word that Peaugh uploaded his video review for the Grotusque set, if you would like to check that out as well.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Re: Pictorial and Video Review for Transformers Titans Return Grotusque with Fengul and Scorponok

Postby Flashwave » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:"...Grotusque Review..."

Firstly, thanks for a lovely picture eview that I can read and stufy at my leisure instead of videos.

Still waiting on my Grotusque, (Am I the only one who opted for he cheap shipping? :-P ) does he have the floppy hip diaper thing going that Doublecross does? And does the tail want to peg together or is that still a problem?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Pictorial and Video Review for Transformers Titans Return Grotusque with Fengul and Scorponok

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Flashwave wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:"...Grotusque Review..."

Firstly, thanks for a lovely picture eview that I can read and stufy at my leisure instead of videos.

Still waiting on my Grotusque, (Am I the only one who opted for he cheap shipping? :-P ) does he have the floppy hip diaper thing going that Doublecross does? And does the tail want to peg together or is that still a problem?

I just went with whatever shipping was default. And I live only 2 hours from the HTS center, so I get things quickly.

the diaper and tail are zero issues. there isn't a flaw with my figure at all
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
does the Geotusque have a fake spark mechanism wheel like twinferno did? Not sure why they try to put faction symbols over a pin either but it's still looks a decent figure and Scorps head does look good on tidal wave.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Firepower: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 pm

blackeyedprime wrote:does the Geotusque have a fake spark mechanism wheel like twinferno did? Not sure why they try to put faction symbols over a pin either but it's still looks a decent figure and Scorps head does look good on tidal wave.

The only thing on his clear plastic chest panel is a small hole, no sparker thingy. Probably had to sacrifice it for the chest to work transformation wise
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm

The arms are mistransformed for beast mode. You're suppose to lift the should panels, lift the arms by the bicep like he's got both arms over his head and turn the entire arm from the shoulder 180 degrees instead of just rotating that bicep around.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Randomhero wrote:The arms are mistransformed for beast mode. You're suppose to lift the should panels, lift the arms by the bicep like he's got both arms over his head and turn the entire arm from the shoulder 180 degrees instead of just rotating that bicep around.

I'm honestly happier with them as they are. the shoulder rotation really doesn't make much of a difference. Plus you said that, I skipped over that part in the instructions, and I have him right now with me and tried it
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:does the Geotusque have a fake spark mechanism wheel like twinferno did? Not sure why they try to put faction symbols over a pin either but it's still looks a decent figure and Scorps head does look good on tidal wave.

The only thing on his clear plastic chest panel is a small hole, no sparker thingy. Probably had to sacrifice it for the chest to work transformation wise

Worth noting is that G1 Doublecross bucks the trend by having his sparker gimmick in his chest, whereas Repugnus' and Grotusque's were inside the mouth. That said, the plunger detail is absent from the Titans Return version.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Ah, that's cool -I have absolutely no knowledge of the G1 versions at all but toy wise they are something that I would definitely liked to have had/have. Hope this side of the pond gets him (and all other exclusives) soon.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Firepower: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON