This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TCC Magazine News and Discussion

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: TCC Magazine News and Discussion

Postby TF_JW » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Issue #66 is starting to hit mailboxes!

The issue features an interview with Kristy Wu - voice of RiD Windblade, a second installment of Another Time and Place which touches on the early days of design for the Headmasters and Targetmasters toys, Another Light part 6 - an 11-page finale to the comic story arc, a bio/history for Shattered Glass Optimus Prime and Megatron detailing how they became Nova Prime and Galvatron, and the Back Page has SDSG part two with Shattered Glass Strongarm and Windblade.

Speaking of, Josh Perez has tweeted out a preview of SG Strongarm:
https://twitter.com/dyemooch/status/674248586620739584
TF_JW
Fuzor
News Credits: 33

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Anyone else get their Issue #66 magazine? OH MAN, that comic conclusion was epic!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Primal Sabbath » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:01 am

Motto: "Wreck and Rule!"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Anyone else get their Issue #66 magazine? OH MAN, that comic conclusion was epic!

Yeah dude, I got mine yesterday. That was freaking incredible. I now have a totally different outlook onBeast Wars II's Planet Gaea lol
That was an awesome twist. A nice little cliffhanger with a silhouette of our Mayhem Attack Squad at the end there, too! Can't wait until the next issue!
Do you like Beast Wars? Botcon? Xbox? So do I! Friend me on Xbox Live: Primal Sabbath
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Watch Primal Sabbath on YouTube
Buy from Primal Sabbath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:36 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
It was fun, but now it made me want another thing I'll almost definitely never have: Primus in that super cool SG deco from this book.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Would ya'll believe that Gaea isn't actually a "brand new" character? She actually first appeared years ago on both a shirt and an art print that were available way back at the unofficial 2004 BotCon convention. Though, the comic modified her chest to make it smoother and less booby.

Since this pic has been on the Internet for years, I feel safe posting it without fear of spoilers:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Primal Sabbath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Motto: "Wreck and Rule!"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Would ya'll believe that Gaea isn't actually a "brand new" character? She actually first appeared years ago on both a shirt and an art print that were available way back at the unofficial 2004 BotCon convention. Though, the comic modified her chest to make it smoother and less booby.

Since this pic has been on the Internet for years, I feel safe posting it without fear of spoilers:

Yeah dude, that was a total trip. Honestly, I was kind of hoping to see Rodimus get the "Prime" upgrade... Perhaps using the Generations Springer mold, much like what Cloud did.

I'm very curious for next year's story, while I'm not really a die-hard G1 kind of fan, it's gonna be very interesting to see where they go, and how FSS4.0 may or may not tie into it.
Do you like Beast Wars? Botcon? Xbox? So do I! Friend me on Xbox Live: Primal Sabbath
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con
Watch Primal Sabbath on YouTube
Buy from Primal Sabbath on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 pm

It's news to everyone, and the few who actually know are probably barred from saying anything for the moment.

But it doesn't look good for the club continuing past that date.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:31 pm

G.B. Blackrock wrote:

It's news to everyone, and the few who actually know are probably barred from saying anything for the moment.

But it doesn't look good for the club continuing past that date.

Huh, guess it must be a thing then, doesn't seem good...

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

All Transformers Club Memberships will Terminate With the December 2016 Issue

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fello Seibertronian Hellscream6666 has reported a finding on the Transformers Club Store. Pay attention to the last line of the membership listing:

Transformers Club First Class (Domestic Mail) Membership! Join today and get all of the great benefits! You get (6) Bi-Monthly Colored Magazines (Feb April June August October December) and your FREE transformers figure ships in the spring of each year. All memberships will terminate with the December 2016 issue.

This is new and different from the regular subscription renewal and end dates (which are based on the time individuals begin a subscription).

Let us know what you make of this in the discussion.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby alldarker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Good, it was high time somebody shut down this club of inept amateurs. Looks like Hasbro finally got wise to these clowns. I was an overpaying international member for exactly one year, but man, never again!!! Still waiting on an apology for the credit card theft, guys!!! A whole year of anxiously checking out my credit card statements to see if Funpub hadn't again decided to hand out all my CC details.
Such good riddance to bad rubbish.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
i hope this means the club is being shut down, such a ripoff and was run by morons. Hopefully hasbro will move it to a company that knows whats its doing and will make an actual magazine thats actually worth it and not a 5 page pamphlet, and do a better job of getting the figure into the hands of the subscribers since thats the main reason why people join.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot N » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
If Hasbro gives the convention license to someone who makes the exclusive figures cheaper, then that's fine with me.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby megatronus » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I didn't read this as the Club ending post-2016. Not necessarily. I could see them moving to a defined subscription period, kind of like how the Subscription Service is setup: "Want to be a Club member? Well you have to join within this window. Otherwise, no dice." Or, maybe it's something else.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Jesus guys this doesn't mean the club is ending. It's means subscriptions will go from January to December.

Terminate is probably not the best word usage but I certainly didn't take this as TFCC is ending by 2016. it means your subscriptions will end in December now
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby durroth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Hopefully we'll get an official statement regarding this soon. It's certainly worrying wording.
durroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:00 pm

It's just circumstantial at present, but all,signs are that this it for FunPub, not just a move to defined annual subscriptions or anything similar. That said, I wouldn't assume the club is going to anyone else. It could easily be that there will BE no club after 2016.
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby TF_JW » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:12 pm

The Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine is and always has been a 16-page edition with a 6-page comic in each. If you are a full-year's member, that's a total of 96 pages filled with interviews and information that you won't find anywhere else, as well as product debuts when available.

If you're a fan of obscure Generation 1 toy trivia, concept art, and unreleased product ideas, the article series "Another Time and Place" will continue into next year. The "Rubber Souls" article will have a very interesting follow up as well, which fans of PVC figures will certainly want to check out!

Lastly, the 6-page comic installments will tell an interesting story also, with a slightly different approach to the universe of Transformers.
TF_JW
Fuzor
News Credits: 33

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:16 pm

durroth wrote:Hopefully we'll get an official statement regarding this soon. It's certainly worrying wording.

People have reached out to them and this is as good as we have gotten for official statements:

Hello!

In regard to TCC memberships, the only information we have at this time is what is posted online.
Thanks and have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Source: http://www.allspark.com/2015/12/botcon- ... d-of-2016/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:21 pm

I can't stand Funpubs price gouging anyway. So if they are closing up shop it wont hurt my feelings, plus it all makes sense with news of Hasbro trademarking “Cybertron Con” a little over a month ago.

So keep it "in house", make the rates cheaper, more accessible for all collectors and it keeps out 3rd party.

Bout d@mn time Hasbro, just don't disappoint and alienate TF collectors and fans like Botcon did.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

YoungPrime wrote:I can't stand Funpubs price gouging anyway. So if they are closing up shop it wont hurt my feelings, plus it all makes sense with news of Hasbro trademarking “Cybertron Con” a little over a month ago.

So keep it "in house", make the rates cheaper, more accessible for all collectors and it keeps out 3rd party.

Bout d@mn time Hasbro, just don't disappoint and alienate TF collectors and fans like Botcon did.

Come on man, dont give in to the false assumptions. Cybertron Con is for a Hong Kong convention that has been going on for years. Its no relatated. Just google Hong Kong Cybertron Con and you will see its been going on for a while (the prime shockwave lab exclusive was sold there). That was just license renewal to ensure protect that convention in Hong Kong and ensure they can keep using that name, sicne its a very popular convention there.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:38 pm

I would be super interested in seeing more exclusives come out - at much lower price points... These last sets have been as expensive as 3p combiners - and I know which one would give me a better deal for my money... it isn't fp =;

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ciberw0lf » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:45 pm

I hope this isn't true. I understand all the hate around FunPub, but you really think the next group is going to be any better? I at least know Pete has a wall of transformers and a love for the franchise. That exhibit in Vegas is not something I'm interested in and I don't think the company behind it is going to be a better alternative to FunPub. Also don't see them making any exclusives at all

As for prices for the club and Botcon, I don't think anyone is getting rich off us at FunPub, it looks more like they just make ends meet.
ciberw0lf
Mini-Con

Postby Matrix_Holder » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:02 pm

the membership is such a rippoff. I didnt get octobers magazine and the december one is only 12 pages long. im glad fun pup is dead, hopefully somebody else with integrity and ability will take over. ive had 3 magazines this year and as a Canadian I pay a higher price for my membership and keep getting screwed, I'm glad they are done.
Matrix_Holder
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

I will say that I hope someone takes over the duties for the magazine ASAP other than those who are currently in charge. They already lost Recordicons by David Willis, and it got replaced by some dumb super deformed comic that has no humor in it whatsoever.

The most recent issue, #66, was basically just one long comic. Of the 16 pages (which includes the cover and backcover), 11 were devoted to the shattered glass comic. So, after the comic, cover, and backcover are subtracted, that left just 3 pages of info related pages. Of those 3, we got a credits page which had no real information, and a Teletron profile (again, related to their Shattered Glass comic). The only info page was page 3 that had a half page interview with the voice of Windblade and a half a page look at the creation of the vehicle modes of the headmaster era.

1 page of info total for the whole magazine. Uggh.

Time to turn out the lights on this one, methinks.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON