This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet Thread

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
kurthy wrote::( If only I could figure out a way to justify the cost to myself.

Ikr? That's the only problem.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Vehicle Mode!

Robot Mode!

GoBot Mode!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bvzxa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The MP Seekers are just ugly to me. The only thing that makes them cool is scale. The proportions are just not quite right. The deluxe coneheads have a better transformation than this. How the hell they get it right and MP just botches it up. After owning both MP seekers I have never, ever been impressed with the look or feel. The seekers need another overhaul.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Rainmaker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:22 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
This is the first conehead, right? I wonder if the transformation is any different...

What is it with being an MP-11NR though?
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:32 am

Rainmaker wrote:This is the first conehead, right? I wonder if the transformation is any different...
It is very different, yes.

Pics of the instructions.

Rainmaker wrote:What is it with being an MP-11NR though?
Exclusive MPs not sold at mass retail don't get new numbers, regardless of retooling and/or being a different character.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MGrotusque » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Meh......maybe i'll wait for a thrust. I wish this mold would fix those terrible feet. That's the worst part of this mold to me and has kept me from buying any incarnation of it. It needs to be addressed IMO.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby MGrotusque » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:03 pm

bvzxa wrote:The MP Seekers are just ugly to me. The only thing that makes them cool is scale. The proportions are just not quite right. The deluxe coneheads have a better transformation than this. How the hell they get it right and MP just botches it up. After owning both MP seekers I have never, ever been impressed with the look or feel. The seekers need another overhaul.

Agreed.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:38 pm

bvzxa wrote:The MP Seekers are just ugly to me. The only thing that makes them cool is scale. The proportions are just not quite right. The deluxe coneheads have a better transformation than this. How the hell they get it right and MP just botches it up. After owning both MP seekers I have never, ever been impressed with the look or feel. The seekers need another overhaul.

You are soooooooooooooooooo wrong. :-P
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
SillySpringer wrote:

Technically, they aren't, its been pointed out in depth how and why they don't match the cartoon appearances, as for everything else, both sides are equally subjective, so your point doesn't hold much >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Technically, they aren't, its been pointed out in depth how and why they don't match the cartoon appearances, as for everything else, both sides are equally subjective, so your point doesn't hold much >:oP

Here comes Mr. overly logical. :roll:

Clash of opinions. Personally I think it looks pretty close, and am happy with how it looks. The feet change however I could side with.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:04 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Clash of opinions. Personally I think it looks pretty close, and am happy with how it looks. The feet change however I could side with.

Personally, I'm on your side, I think they did a great job, and getting any further into the nitty-gritty is overkill - but there are incongruities, so it is a fair point, and, yeah, the feet could be a lot more solid

And yes, overly logical, have you read my motto >:oP

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby bvzxa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:48 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Personally, I'm on your side, I think they did a great job, and getting any further into the nitty-gritty is overkill - but there are incongruities, so it is a fair point, and, yeah, the feet could be a lot more solid

Im not expecting perfection, but something is a bit elongated on the chest. A lot stems from the jet mode being too perfect for the F-15s. Now the deluxe seekers aren't some awesome feat, but at least the proportions are much better except for the arm blasters. Because of the perfection of the alt-mode for the MP Seekers, the feet suffer. The chest transformation still doesn't quite lock into place. The head sits too far up on the canopy, giving them that strange neck.

Now after looking at the pictures for MP-11NR, I notice how the faux head fits better on the canopy sans transformation, and that helps a whole lot. Some how the proportions seem to look a bit better with that head. If Ramjet looks this good then imagine how Thrust is going to fare. Right now Ramjet is looking better than Starscream in those pics. The MP cars are pretty close to their animation counterparts, yet the Decepticons are still getting the short end from the MP line. The only one that is just awesome is MP Soundwave.

As it stands, this is the best Takara has done with the seeker mold since MP-11 and its prior subsequent repaints.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:59 pm

bvzxa wrote:Im not expecting perfection, but something is a bit elongated on the chest. A lot stems from the jet mode being too perfect for the F-15s. Now the deluxe seekers aren't some awesome feat, but at least the proportions are much better except for the arm blasters. Because of the perfection of the alt-mode for the MP Seekers, the feet suffer. The chest transformation still doesn't quite lock into place. The head sits too far up on the canopy, giving them that strange neck.

Now after looking at the pictures for MP-11NR, I notice how the faux head fits better on the canopy sans transformation, and that helps a whole lot. Some how the proportions seem to look a bit better with that head. If Ramjet looks this good then imagine how Thrust is going to fare. Right now Ramjet is looking better than Starscream in those pics. The MP cars are pretty close to their animation counterparts, yet the Decepticons are still getting the short end from the MP line. The only one that is just awesome is MP Soundwave.

As it stands, this is the best Takara has done with the seeker mold since MP-11 and its prior subsequent repaints.

He certainly does wear that mold well

and I'll give you the chest not tabbing together, I seriously can't believe that hasn't been worked out yet #-o

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:36 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
There is something not quite right with this Ramjet but I cant put my finger on it. I'm tempted to collect the cone heads but Ramjet isn't a must have for me.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:30 pm

bvzxa wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Im not expecting perfection, but something is a bit elongated on the chest. A lot stems from the jet mode being too perfect for the F-15s. Now the deluxe seekers aren't some awesome feat, but at least the proportions are much better except for the arm blasters. Because of the perfection of the alt-mode for the MP Seekers, the feet suffer. The chest transformation still doesn't quite lock into place. The head sits too far up on the canopy, giving them that strange neck.

From what I've heard, the latest MP TRU exclusive Hasbro Starscream has a way better locking mechanism. Sounds like they tried to fix it. If I can find him at a ToysRUs soon, I'll probably get him to see if he is as bad as the previous ones, or if he has a fixed locking mechanism on the torso.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:41 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

From what I've heard, the latest MP TRU exclusive Hasbro Starscream has a way better locking mechanism. Sounds like they tried to fix it. If I can find him at a ToysRUs soon, I'll probably get him to see if he is as bad as the previous ones, or if he has a fixed locking mechanism on the torso.

I had two Mp -7 starscreams and they both had great playability because of them fixing the chest. The red chest turbines are angled inward more to tightly snug around the cockpit.
I can tug on his arms and nothing comes apart.
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Deathsaurus1 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I have had two Mp -7 starscreams and they both had great playability because of them fixing the chest. The red chest turbines are angled inward more to tightly snug around the cockpit.

Sounds like TMan978's copy. Sounds good. That's why I am wanting that one. I actually never got the MP Sunstorm version because I heard the locking mechanism was horrible on that, but now I want Starscream. =P~
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
SillySpringer wrote:
Deathsaurus1 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I have had two Mp -7 starscreams and they both had great playability because of them fixing the chest. The red chest turbines are angled inward more to tightly snug around the cockpit.

Sounds like TMan978's copy. Sounds good. That's why I am wanting that one. I actually never got the MP Sunstorm version because I heard the locking mechanism was horrible on that, but now I want Starscream. =P~
I will second that the latest TRU Starscream is rock solid. I don't know if they changed something or if it was dumb luck, but he holds tight. And the only other MP-11 I have to compare him to is Hasbro Sunstorm, who is indeed a sloppy mess. Looks pretty cool though! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Cobotron wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Deathsaurus1 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I will second that the latest TRU Starscream is rock solid. I don't know if they changed something or if it was dumb luck, but he holds tight. And the only other MP-11 I have to compare him to is Hasbro Sunstorm, who is indeed a sloppy mess. Looks pretty cool though! ;)^

Hopefully Ramjet will have the same fixed connections. :BOWDOWN:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Cobotron wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Deathsaurus1 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I compared him too my mp -11 starscream.
And the difference seems to be the metal frame holding everything together.
It angles the chest turbines inward more
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Ramjet's cockpit torso transforms very differently from the MP-3 and MP-11 versions of this mold:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I need to watch more Japanese reviews! That guy got me so excited! :lol:
Sabrblade wrote:Ramjet's cockpit torso transforms very differently from the MP-3 and MP-11 versions of this mold:
It sure does. The chest and torso are the same but it looks like all the improvement might be in the cockpit. Looks like there are some extra tabs worked in there. The way the head flips back kind of fixes the odd shoulder proportions too.
He is looking really good.
Why does he have to be such a high priced exclusive? :BANG_HEAD:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Amelie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:43 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Cobotron wrote:Why does he have to be such a high priced exclusive? :BANG_HEAD:

Given Hasbro gave us Sunstorm, even after him being an exclusive - maybe we'll get lucky and Hasbro will give us their flavor of Ramjet?
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Amelie wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Why does he have to be such a high priced exclusive? :BANG_HEAD:

Given Hasbro gave us Sunstorm, even after him being an exclusive - maybe we'll get lucky and Hasbro will give us their flavor of Ramjet?

This is my desperate hope.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
I'm just not feeling this guy, don't know why. Compared to the cars the jets have always felt off, weird.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON