This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet Thread

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:40 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Mine was just fine, thankfully. Bring on Thrust and Dirge! And maybe I can dream of a MP-11SW reissue?

Then let's never, ever have MP seekers again. They are taking over my house.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ScottyP wrote:Mine was just fine, thankfully. Bring on Thrust and Dirge! And maybe I can dream of a MP-11SW reissue?

Forget Seekers, we need Cliffjumper and Glyph! :-P
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:14 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Mine was just fine, thankfully. Bring on Thrust and Dirge! And maybe I can dream of a MP-11SW reissue?

I'd love them too, but wouldn't expect them anytime soon :/
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I'm still hoping for G2 Starscream and Ramjet.
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:08 pm

ScottyP wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I'd love them too, but wouldn't expect them anytime soon :/

Cliffjumper is the only Masterpiece I truly have a longing for. Glyph would also be awesome. The Bumblebee mold just looks awesome, and would scale very well with Classics Bee, and a lot of other CHUG stuff. I'd love to have MP Cliff side by side with Henkei Bumblebee since they're like exactly the same height at the head. Reason why I don't expect to get MP G1 Bee is because I don't feel comfortable paying 80 USD just to get that stupid Spike accessory. :-x If Hasbro does an American issue of him I might consider it but I don't expect extremely good quality from Hasbro MPs at this point after they botched up Bluestreak.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
SillySpringer wrote:If Hasbro does an American issue of him I might consider it but I don't expect extremely good quality from Hasbro MPs at this point after they botched up Bluestreak.

How, if I may ask, did Hasbro botch Bluestreak? I was under the impression he was nigh identical to the Takara release.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:If Hasbro does an American issue of him I might consider it but I don't expect extremely good quality from Hasbro MPs at this point after they botched up Bluestreak.

How, if I may ask, did Hasbro botch Bluestreak? I was under the impression he was nigh identical to the Takara release.
There were some reports of bad paint. It's not isolated to Hasbro MP releases - Takara's MP stuff has been plagued with just as many issues with paint and QC, you just don't hear about them as much because of the lower number of folks that import vs. stalk TRU for the sparse Hasbro releases.

This very thread is about Takara's Ramjet, and a lot of the last page is specifically about problems that some folks had with their copy. Then there was Hot Rod's chrome, Exhaust's flaky white paint, the nightmare that was their individual cassette pair releases, the first run Lambor's paint issues - the list goes on.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby shajaki » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
ScottyP wrote:This very thread is about Takara's Ramjet, and a lot of the last page is specifically about problems that some folks had with their copy. Then there was Hot Rod's chrome, Exhaust's flaky white paint, the nightmare that was their individual cassette pair releases, the first run Lambor's paint issues - the list goes on.
A post like this could be very helpful here ;)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:

It was the same mold but with way less the QC than their previous Prowl from what I've heard.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
ScottyP wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

There were some reports of bad paint. It's not isolated to Hasbro MP releases - Takara's MP stuff has been plagued with just as many issues with paint and QC, you just don't hear about them as much because of the lower number of folks that import vs. stalk TRU for the sparse Hasbro releases.

This very thread is about Takara's Ramjet, and a lot of the last page is specifically about problems that some folks had with their copy. Then there was Hot Rod's chrome, Exhaust's flaky white paint, the nightmare that was their individual cassette pair releases, the first run Lambor's paint issues - the list goes on.

Exhaust had flaky paint apps? Even Hotrodimus' chrome? D@mn deadline beaters!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SillySpringer wrote: I'd love to have MP Cliff side by side with Henkei Bumblebee since they're like exactly the same height at the head. Reason why I don't expect to get MP G1 Bee is because I don't feel comfortable paying 80 USD just to get that stupid Spike accessory.

The Bee MP mold was released two times after without spike and it was 65$ from importers. No reason Cliff would be any cheaper. If you are not getting Bee because he is 10$ more than that (hence, the Spike accessory is only 10$ more, not the ludicrous 80$ you have spouted) than I dont see how you would be comfortable with the price Cliff would ask. MPs will always be expensive, especially when buying from importers.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:47 pm

william-james88 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote: I'd love to have MP Cliff side by side with Henkei Bumblebee since they're like exactly the same height at the head. Reason why I don't expect to get MP G1 Bee is because I don't feel comfortable paying 80 USD just to get that stupid Spike accessory.

The Bee MP mold was released two times after without spike and it was 65$ from importers. No reason Cliff would be any cheaper. If you are not getting Bee because he is 10$ more than that (hence, the Spike accessory is only 10$ more, not the ludicrous 80$ you have spouted) than I dont see how you would be comfortable with the price Cliff would ask. MPs will always be expensive, especially when buying from importers.

Not to mention your missing out on one of my favorite MPs.... there's just something super fun about Bee. I like wheeljack but I still get nervous with his backpack and fins.

SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby MitchV » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:29 am

I ordered an MP-11NR from BBTS. I've been picking up some Masterpiece figures this year and I've managed to get a variant of MP-11 for both Starscream and Thundercracker, but I had to settle for a non-MP-11 version of Skywarp.

Until last night, I had never opened any of my seekers. They seem too prone to issues in the reviews I've read. Besides, the Takara Starscream box looks nice as-is, and my Thundercracker and Skywarp are already posed within their clear packaging.

After reading about all the MP-11NJ QC issues, I decided to unbox mine given that BBTS might be able to help me if my figure had issues.

To my pleasant surprise, my Ramjet exceeded my expectations!

I had no mis-assemblies, both right/left hands, right/left cannons, right/left shoulders, all the wheels were present. Those were the things I was hoping for. I was also happy to find that the arms and shoulders are tight, the torso (once snapped in) is very secure. It appears that I'm fortunate to not have QC issues.

Except for some of the excess kibble in the back, I can't think of anything I'd change on this guy. He looks just like the cartoon and IMO, the face/head are exactly right. He also fits in perfectly with the other Takara Seekers.
MitchV
Mini-Con

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:11 pm

QC aside... the only thing I wish they'd figured out was a way to peg the nosecone/back assembly together. Admittedly I cant' think of a good way to do it off hand.... but it'd have been nice.

SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Seibertron » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Is there an alternate transformation for Ramjet's backside in robot mode? What a mess! The head is half assed as well with the faux nosecone instead of the real one. I would have much preferred they do something with the real nosecone, along the lines of what fans did with the original Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. Cartoon accuracy be damned! It's an OK concept, but when it gets in the way of functionality, common sense should kick in and do what's best for the toy. Especially when they do a faux nosecone for the head just so we can end up with a nosecone that sticks out between his legs. I don't remember that in the cartoon! If the length of the head and nosecone was too long, all they needed to do was something clever to collapse it instead of rotating the cockpit. Too many disappointments with Masterpiece toys over the past year!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Seibertron wrote:Is there an alternate transformation for Ramjet's backside in robot mode? What a mess! The head is half assed as well with the faux nosecone instead of the real one. I would have much preferred they do something with the real nosecone, along the lines of what fans did with the original Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. Cartoon accuracy be damned! It's an OK concept, but when it gets in the way of functionality, common sense should kick in and do what's best for the toy. Especially when they do a faux nosecone for the head just so we can end up with a nosecone that sticks out between his legs. I don't remember that in the cartoon! If the length of the head and nosecone was too long, all they needed to do was something clever to collapse it instead of rotating the cockpit. Too many disappointments with Masterpiece toys over the past year!

Would you have preferred something along the lines of what they did with the coneheads for the Classics line? I still think thats the best portrayal of the coneheads yet.

Also, sorry for your dissapointments this year. Th chrome just started rubbing off for my Hot Rodimus and to my huge disapointment i realized that the plastic under is orange. whos bright idea was it to have orange under silver?! It will look like crap later.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Seibertron » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
william-james88 wrote:Would you have preferred something along the lines of what they did with the coneheads for the Classics line? I still think thats the best portrayal of the coneheads yet.

I'm not sure I would have liked that solution either because then I think we're getting away from real world jets (unless there's a precedence for a shorter nosecone on a jet of which I'm unaware). There was a lot of redesign work that went into swiveling the cockpit around, it seems like they should have left that alone and spent the engineering resources on figuring out how to compact the nosecone if needed and coming up with a "face cover" of sorts to hide the face in jet mode.

william-james88 wrote:Also, sorry for your dissapointments this year. Th chrome just started rubbing off for my Hot Rodimus and to my huge disapointment i realized that the plastic under is orange. whos bright idea was it to have orange under silver?! It will look like crap later.

Yah I hate chrome. Yes, it looks nice when done right. But it either wears over time or flakes off. I'd rather have a nice metallic paint or something instead. I have the same thoughts on rubber wheels. They're nice to have initially, but they'll fall apart at some point as time goes on. I'll take hard plastic wheels any day and good ol' fashioned paint. I can do without rubber tires and chrome!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Chrome is great when it's done right. The problem is, it's almost never done right (at least on Transformers toys- Bandai seems to have nailed it for their Soul of Chogokin figures...).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:24 pm

You guys probably discussed the shoulder problem already but was the fix mentionned. It looks scary as all hell but here it is for those that might want to know:

https://www.facebook.com/thechosenprime ... 540681677/

william-james88
News Staff

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet Shoulder Fix Video

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:12 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to The Chosen Prime we now have a new video showing off how to fix Ramjet's shoulder issues. The video can be found on their Facebook page HERE. We cannot mirror the video below unfortunately. But what we can do is show you the actual figure and what the video is referring to. Head on over to This News Story where you can check out our new gallery of Masterpiece Ramjet, and you can take a look at the figure in good detail and match up what the video is telling people to fix and what it may actually look like.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:18 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Seibertron wrote:Is there an alternate transformation for Ramjet's backside in robot mode? What a mess!

I transform the top of the wings the same way as you would on the standard MP11 mould. The kibble is still there but it ends up on his back and not his hips which cleans up the whole thigh area. The only downside is you can't store the missiles in robot mode but I'm OK with that.
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck

Postby Deathsanras » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 am

Eh, seems like a hassle for something that's not a big deal.
Deathsanras
Fuzor

Postby dragons » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:40 am

SillySpringer wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

It was the same mold but with way less the QC than their previous Prowl from what I've heard.

Hasbro released prowl figure repaint of blue streak ?
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:47 pm

ah such an awesome feeling, paying over 200 canadain and having to do a fix! so awesome, i wish when i bought my brand new car the tranny went so i could do a fix on that.....

pretty lame, first ironhide and the qc riddled Thundercracker. shame shame takara :BOOM:
Mr_Autobot411
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Mr_Autobot411 wrote:ah such an awesome feeling, paying over 200 canadain and having to do a fix! so awesome, i wish when i bought my brand new car the tranny went so i could do a fix on that.....

pretty lame, first ironhide and the qc riddled Thundercracker. shame shame takara :BOOM:

Whats wrong with Ironhide? If you are talking about the shoulders, there is now new evidence that it is Ratchet's which are misassembled.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON