This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Thread

Postby Deadput » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Ok people seriously just remember this.

Tailgate is older then almost everyone else on the ship he is just a short weak guy that is all a little like short people in real life such as Peter Dinklage.

The people who say pedo make me sad since it;s subjective and even then it's grasping at straws.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:31 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Ok people seriously just remember this.

Tailgate is older then almost everyone else on the ship he is just a short weak guy that is all a little like short people in real life such as Peter Dinklage.

The people who say pedo make me sad since it;s subjective and even then it's grasping at straws.

Tailgate was also born a week or so before Nova Prime left (millenia ago) and was unconscious for all that time. He missed the whole war and has almost no life experience.

I don't like the romance angle in general, but he's certainly inexperienced and dumb enough to be taken in like this.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Deadput » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:06 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Shuttershock wrote:
Tailgate was also born a week or so before Nova Prime left (millenia ago) and was unconscious for all that time. He missed the whole war and has almost no life experience.

I don't like the romance angle in general, but he's certainly inexperienced and dumb enough to be taken in like this.

Well he is naive and young in mind yes but he would still be short even if he had a tough personality like for example Cliffjumper (thinking of the G1 cartoon in mind)

Plus young does not mean child people have to stop thinking Transformers as if they are humans we have to remember not only are they aliens but they are also sentient robots and therefore the only things that really age is their armor and minds they are born already as big as their going to get outside of upgrades and new bodies.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:23 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Hate to say it but I am not excited for this issue at all.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:36 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
We Played With Life….
Spoiler-Free-ish (or how much it can be)

Synopsis
FRIENDSHIP ISN'T MAGIC! TAILGATE has a choice to make—and if he had any idea what was at stake, he'd think twice before making it. The crew is ripped apart as MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE begins the sprint towards its shocking 50th issue!

Better hope everyone else has their nerves steeled

Summary
For the sake of this review (and the reviewer), there will be no written summary of the book, as it is impossible to say anything without giving something away. There really is no way to make this non-spoilery. Expect pain, gut-punching, emotions, sadness, anger, love, manipulation, politics, post-war statuses, naivety, loyalty, and giant transforming robots.

There really isn’t anything you can do

However, this can be said: Roberts knows how to surprise us and keep us entertained. If you were just starting to nod off, this will snap you awake all too quickly. [Va'al says: And make sure you are ready to squirm uncomfortably at one side of the main plot, as Getaway ..gets away with a lot of morally dubious actions. The emotions in this issue run rampant, and they teeter on the brink of pure anger at times.]

Art
Artwork this week is covered by Brendan Cahill, and he really has been making some good art. With issue 40, we saw just how good he has become and how well he fits the artists for MTMTE, but it is in this issue where he really shines. His art is simply amazing and nothing is left out, no little detail. He does a fantastic job of covering all the bases and making this a great piece of art.

And just when you thought staring out the window was boring

As usual, Joana Lafuente adds all the colors, keeping Cahill's art in keeping with the string of artists that have worked on the series so far (along Milne) and Tom B. Long brings all the magnificent lettering. This issue continues the trends of great art and magnificent artistic team. There really is nothing else to be said there.

Lettering, colors and mystery: all in one panel!

Thoughts (SPOILERISH AHEAD!!!)

Speaking as a grown man who loves transformers and who loves a grand story: I cried this issue. Reading through this made this fan break down in tears. There are great characters, great individual stories, and a larger story that may have gone overlooked for a while that has been 2 years in the making. And it all just exploded. In a very emotional way that no one could ever have anticipated.

No it can’t! You need to get this issue Yesterday!

In a way, the opening of Sins of the Wreckers overshadows this story despite how strong and how big they both were. There was a lot of thought going into this story for some time, and it came crashing in in ways that no one could really imagine. And there are Wreckers connections that cannot be coincidence either.

In conclusion: tears, sorrow, triumph, and understanding all take center stage here. In the words of ScottyP: Crushing. This is one of the best issues to date, and that is saying something considering some of the arcs that we have already got. This is a must have, and the race to Issue 50 has begun in an all out sprint.

. :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:44 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Just read it.....damn. Damn.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Crosscheck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:42 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Goodbye, Little One.

Actively fighting back tears right now.

I don't know why I am surprised at Getaway's machinations. He works for Prowl. This seems exactly like something Prowl would do.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am

Wow. I found this awful. This may have been one of worse if not the worst issue of MTMTE ever to me. The ending was just a piece of crap. Also the ending means nothing since we love seen future covers of cyclonus and tailgate this meant nothing
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 am

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Jeez. Getaway, you and Atomizer? Really?

Also, if Cyclonus dies from these wounds, would it be a case of 'Breaking the Cutie?'
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Genericon #378 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:25 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Roberts, you better not kill off Cyclonus! He was just starting to be one of my favourite characters in this book. And Getaway has shown his true colours: he's a dick. Does this mean all of Whirl's memories are wiped, or just the plan to be a dick by killing Tailgate then Megatron?
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Henry921 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
MEN DOOO ZAAAAAAAAA

Er, I mean

GETAWAY!
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Just finished the issue, and I'm very glad I avoided spoilers. That said........

OH. MY. ****. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a hell of a lot of really, really good story packed into one regular issue.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Syn_13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Motto: "Time to weapon up, wallflowers!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Damn you, James Roberts. Damn you. Great issue, loved it from beginning to end. Always like the way Roberts plays the long game with his plot devices.

Did Tailgate go all Super Saiyan at the end? What was that all about?
Syn_13
Vehicon

Postby Towline » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Oh no! The transformers have jettisoned Miko into the air lock. Why! :-(
Towline
Micromaster

Postby ebonyleopard » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Behold, as you witness the continued blurring of lines between the idea of the Heroic Autobots and the Evil Decpeitcons as this issue will make you actually feel bad for one of the Transformers ultimate bads and forever change the way you feel about an Autobot you should be rooting for.

I don't know (when I post this) we've gotten past the Spoiler page count number yet, but I'll say this. While I STILL want a modern Getaway toy, I seriously don't think I can ever look at the character the same way again, because saying he's a Rustbag isn't even totally fitting the description. He and Atomizer..man....

BTW, the Whirl avatar cover, is best cover.
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby ebonyleopard » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Also, Page 19 is a wonderful piece of art. I would love to see the pure inks minus the color of that page.
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby CaptainMagic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Numerous thoughts and maybe even and emotion or two.

This is the first issue of MTMTE that I seriously considered not buying. I don't mind that romance has become a more and more prominent part of this book, it certainly adds something interesting to the universe that I personally would have never thought to explore, but I did not want an entire issue dedicated solely to a love triangle squabble. Therefore, when the whole relationship dynamic took such an abrupt turn into such a completely different direction, I actually sat back in my chair and applauded my monitor. I felt very silly. There are so many things to like about where this issue winds up, and I love that Cyclonus and Whirl get to spend some time in the spotlight being exactly who we love them for being. I love that Cyclonus gets to be the bot that makes me say "Poor Megatron" out loud. I even love his big gesture at the end, and I don't really think he needs to die for this to be an important moment. In fact, I could see it being more interesting if he survives, because Getaway and co. have some pretty serious stuff to pay for and Cyclonus is always fun to see carrying a grudge.

What I did not love is Tailgate's bizarre explosion on the last page. I suddenly found myself ripped out of my state of perfect enjoyment and sent crashing back into the feeling of "this is dumb, I don't like this" that I was so very afraid I would have throughout the whole issue. Maybe there is some huge payoff later on. Maybe Tailgate has some great destiny to fulfill. Maybe he's Primus reincarnated. Maybe none of that matters because it completely ruined the amazing emotional build up that I was experiencing through the entire second half of this book.
CaptainMagic
Micromaster

Postby Brakethrough » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Regarding what is to come in The Dying of the Light, and thoughts of who will and who won't survive, I've been considering some sort of "sacrifice" from Brainstorm ever since his toy was released. Wouldn't it be the perfect little slice of mad science for Brainstorm to get shot full of holes, his head presumably blown up, only for him to return minutes later with a spare body? "Oh, yeah, I was meaning to tell you about this. I call it headmastery. I'm a head. And I master things. Things without heads. It's really nice for when I want to think about things all day instead of doing things. Also it really creeps out my roommate."
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Man oh man, Whirl and Cyclonus are my 2 favorite characters, so this was a tense (and insightful) issue.

Glad to see that Getaway wasn't interested in romance with Tailgate, though his scheme seems a tad faulty. I mean, Tailgate going after Megatron with mnemo-needles and a Ravage-detecting wrench raises all kinds of red flags.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Flashwave » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I love what this series has done with the Avatars. The comic cover is cute, the scene when his avatar HAUNTS Cyclonus is just ownright beautiful in its artwork. I want that. You here me, IDW guys? That panel as an art print at a show. Get on it!

I was not humongously fond of the romantic stories for the romance, but I enjoy the spelunking in Cybertronian culture. And I must say, I feel really sorry for Cyclonus for, losing. But I think considering he was the one who gave Tailgate the unfiltered view of the War, it was cool that he was the one to rescue Tailgate, in a bass-ackwards way, it feels full circle.

The last panel felt cheap to me. And I know what they are getting at: When Cyclonus first got the sword, Whirl commented on the power of it, and that it was ultimately coming from his spark. His Spark is what saved Tailgate, so Tailgate's spark has Cyclonus' power. Dying Cyclonus, kaboom. But it felt cheap. And we coulda done it without the Rainbows and Unicorns outside the ship
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Quint » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Wow. Outstanding stuff. I had underestimated this issue - and Roberts' direction for the series at large - from the 4 page preview.

I was so very wrong.

Can't wait for the next issue, particularly as the solicitations are tantalisingly vague.
Quint
Micromaster

Postby Va'al » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
James Roberts
‏@jroberts332

Forgive me, but... MTMTE #47 has just beaten the Dark Knight Returns III to the top of the iBooks chart.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:54 am

Great issue but God I hate Tailgate!
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:37 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Windsweeper wrote:Great issue but God I hate Tailgate!

This is a strong point. As much as I love mtmte, I hate the character of Tailgate. I have held out hope something better was coming for him, and hopefully this is it.

Also, don't write Getaway off as an evil bastard just yet. War, in real life, changes people fundamentally. Combat veterns don't look at the world the same as you and I do. If you spend time talking and, most importantly, listening to them, without making it political, you start to realize that. You also learn its something you will never, ever understand without living it. I believe Roberts is trying to reflect that reality in his book. What Getaway is doing is horrible to you and I, but not to him.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Va'al » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:03 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ironhidensh wrote:What Getaway is doing is horrible to you and I, but not to him.

Which is reason to understand the motives, but not accept, endorse, approve of, or change my opinion of the character. In fact, it strengthens the reasons to finally condemn the conflict Cybertron has seen for too long, and a good prevention of future ones (as the one that seems about to happen in The Transformers).

Does he need sympathy? Probably, at some point. Help? Most definitely, right now.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 302B 1023IM318 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #285 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210467 285RI Anderson"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #10 Marvel Comics 1988 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON