This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Earth Wars Real Time Strategy Combat Mobile App Game

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Thread

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:31 am

megatronus wrote:I have five 3-star dudes currently... they've all more or less been random draws. Cary, that son of a glitch, has a 4-star Jazz.
It's true; I am and I do. Jazz is a bad mofo! I'm grinding him as hard as I can to get him to lvl 30 so he can join my A Team of devastation.

I'm also trying to find out when the update that will allow us to upgrade our HQ is going drop.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:42 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
carytheone wrote:
megatronus wrote:I have five 3-star dudes currently... they've all more or less been random draws. Cary, that son of a glitch, has a 4-star Jazz.
It's true; I am and I do. Jazz is a bad mofo! I'm grinding him as hard as I can to get him to lvl 30 so he can join my A Team of devastation.

I'm also trying to find out when the update that will allow us to upgrade our HQ is going drop.

Right now I'm just bugging the heck out of the devs to get iOS crashing fixed, and to have my data properly synchronized. I have a bunch of 1-stars, a couple 2-stars, and my 3-star Bonecrusher all showing different levels in and out of battles due to the post-battle crashes. It means I won't be able to get Bonecrusher upgraded, because he only shows up as level 28 at the research facility. Yarg!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 am

Sir Crash-a-lot wrote:Yarg!
Oof, nasty. The crashes are one of the reasons I don't play my Con team as much.

And we should be able to push past lvl 12 on our HQ in our current build according to SpaceApe. I cannot, so I may have a bug.

Honestly I think its a server side update that hasn't happened yet.

Do you have the option to upgrade to lvl 13?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:58 am

carytheone wrote:
Sir Crash-a-lot wrote:Yarg!
Oof, nasty. The crashes are one of the reasons I don't play my Con team as much.

And we should be able to push past lvl 12 on our HQ in our current build according to SpaceApe. I cannot, so I may have a bug.

Honestly I think its a server side update that hasn't happened yet.

Do you have the option to upgrade to lvl 13?

Nope - still says unavailable.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
The server side update pushed out to the Aus/NZ beta. Got our two free 1* bots and the new campaign which is a joke to win.

And Cary, **** you and your Jazz. :-P Seriously, I had a guy attack me with him and that ability is ridiculously over-powered. I don't think there's even a Decepticon equivalent.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Burn wrote:The server side update pushed out to the Aus/NZ beta. Got our two free 1* bots and the new campaign which is a joke to win.

And Cary, **** you and your Jazz. :-P Seriously, I had a guy attack me with him and that ability is ridiculously over-powered. I don't think there's even a Decepticon equivalent.

I also got the 2 free bots.

What's Jazz's ability?
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
megatronus wrote:What's Jazz's ability?

Can target an area from a distance and call down a incredibly powerful air strike on a wide area. It smashed through three of my guns in one go.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Burn wrote:The server side update pushed out to the Aus/NZ beta. Got our two free 1* bots and the new campaign which is a joke to win.

Yeah I wiped the new campaign last week in a single sitting with my new bot mix and match style. Won a dupe 2 star Bee for clearing it :DANCE:

Yeah, Jazz is super over-powered. Even my 2 star is a beast (you don't want to see how gnarly the 4 star one is). His normal attack is tossing grenades like Swindle and Sunstreaker. Jazz and SS are a good combo to wipe stuff out from afar. I'm sure once enough of you Con chumps complain they'll dial Jazzy Jeff down a notch or two. :twisted:

I do like that Skrapnel/Ciffy are now gunners. They hit all over the place, but it's fun to spray and pray.

I hope they make Silverbolt/TCracker's and EMP bomb Slipstream's Fusion "bomb" a little more useful though. It takes way too much time and effort to get anything out of the fusion bomb.

I'm just happily grinding away and stock-piling resources while waiting for the HQ update to go live.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Burn wrote:
megatronus wrote:What's Jazz's ability?

Can target an area from a distance and call down a incredibly powerful air strike on a wide area. It smashed through three of my guns in one go.
Yup, orbital strike and just 3 guns :twisted: hehe

Check it yo!

Be afraid, be very afraid. I'll be sad when they nerf it.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Like I said, **** you. :-P

carytheone wrote:it's fun to spray and pray.

That's what she said!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Burn wrote:Like I said, **** you. :-P

That's what she said!
Such language and with your tongue out even...

If it makes ya feel any better my Con team isn't doing so hot and I only have one 3 star bot. Razorclaw is his name and dying first is his game :lol:
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 pm

carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:Like I said, **** you. :-P

That's what she said!
Such language and with your tongue out even...

If it makes ya feel any better my Con team isn't doing so hot and I only have one 3 star bot. Razorclaw is his name and dying first is his game :lol:

Poor kitty.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Transformers: Earth Wars Mobile Game Grimlock Spotlight Video

Postby no-one » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 am

We have a new Transformers: Earth Wars spotlight video to share for the upcoming Hasbro-Backflip-SpaceApe mobile game. This time featuring the king himself, Grimlock. Anyone who's been playing and either has or have gone up against Grimlock, knows he is a beast on the battlefield. This short and sweet video and more can be found at the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube channel or their Facebook page.

In addition to the above spotlight there is also a video featuring Mirage and the in-game space bridge.

If you're interested in playing the game and getting a jump start with a few extra bots, don't forget to pre-register here.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Are these soft updates or am I going to have to seek out the latest version of the APK? I looked earlier and the one available for download is the one I'm currently running.

Also, I've been wanting some base structure strategy tips. I get that you can't win all your battles on defense, but I figure there's got to be a better configuration than what i've got going on now.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Transformers: Earth Wars - Let's Stratagize

Postby no-one » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:04 pm

That Bot wrote:Are these soft updates or am I going to have to seek out the latest version of the APK? I looked earlier and the one available for download is the one I'm currently running.

Also, I've been wanting some base structure strategy tips. I get that you can't win all your battles on defense, but I figure there's got to be a better configuration than what i've got going on now.
Soft updates. I've got all the new stuff available to me but still running the 4/19 build.

There has been some talk about sharing strategies and I've got quite a few (as well as others). I wonder if that's best for a new thread? Well I'll just puke a few thoughts out here.

Well the way I look at my base is from the point of view of an attacker. So I try and see how I would attack my own base. That change of perspective can help a lot.

Obviously the HQ is the main objective with high damage weapons (beam laser, mortars, missles) being the first thing to take out.

I try and put my HQ as far away as possible with my high priority weapons far away but still useful. I cover those weapons with the laser turrets because they can hit the fliers that will be sent in to destroy the weapons. I'm also using other buildings as walls around my HQ. Just one more thing to slow down would be attackers.

Next I try and put my other weapons close to the front to slowdown the walkers and to hit the fliers when they come back to land. Hopefully the turrets softened them up enough so they drop before getting to take off again.

As far as walls go I was using a honeycomb setup to varying degrees of success, but now I'm using them to direct traffic and funnel the attackers towards the center so all my weapons can fire on them at once. Think tower defense games but now you have to bait the baddies to go where you want them.

I've also found that it is better to put your outposts farther back to delay when your bots pop out. If they jump out too soon they will just get destroyed. I put them in the middle so they start attacking after the baddies have been softened up a bit. They also become the attackers primary target and prevents then from destroying weapons. Use a deployer for defense if you have one. The cassette bots confuse the hell out of the AI.

I've also started using my resource storage as bait as well. They have high HP and don't grant more than one ability point of destroyed. I'd rather the attackers wasting time hitting a storage unit and not my weapons that are currently shooting them in the face. Try not to group weapons too close. Some abilities can target multiple weapons (ask Burn).

Ability points won is another thing to take into account. Almost everything destroyed grants ability points. Form what I can tell this is the value of buildings in ability points:

Builder bots and walls = 0
All weapons = 1
Scanner, harvestor, storage = 1
Space bridge and research facility = 2

I could be off on those totals because it's hard to keep track of while trying to not lose an attack.

Watch defense replays and see what worked and what didn't.

So to recap:

Hide/protect high priority targets

Don't let your enemy farm for ability points

Don't group weapons too close

Use walls for more than just defense

Control traffic, lead the attackers or distract them

Save your defenders for after the enemy has been weakened

Watch replays and learn

Hope that helps ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Thanks for the tips! I don't have any deployers yet, but I have a good smattering of 1 and 2-star bots, 19 total with some duplicates (Bludgeon, Thundercracker, Scavenger). I've got Megatron and Breakdown on defense, currently. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind when I get a chance to overhaul.

Also, I had a question about ability upgrades. Is there an upper limit? Much like level upgrades, they get exponentially more expensive each time, and I'm not sure if level 4 is worth it unless it's the last level.
Speaking of abilities, I've come to dislike the ones that impact your current area. The characters with those abilities trend weaker, and they're usually not in a position where the ability to attack their immediate area is very useful.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby no-one » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:55 pm

That Bot wrote:Thanks for the tips! I don't have any deployers yet, but I have a good smattering of 1 and 2-star bots, 19 total with some duplicates (Bludgeon, Thundercracker, Scavenger). I've got Megatron and Breakdown on defense, currently. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind when I get a chance to overhaul.

Also, I had a question about ability upgrades. Is there an upper limit? Much like level upgrades, they get exponentially more expensive each time, and I'm not sure if level 4 is worth it unless it's the last level.
Speaking of abilities, I've come to dislike the ones that impact your current area. The characters with those abilities trend weaker, and they're usually not in a position where the ability to attack their immediate area is very useful.
NP.

No clue if abilities have a cap. Probably or they are linked to your lvl. I haven't gone past lvl 4 yet because of resource requirements.

If you like the bot and their ability then lvl 4 is totally worth it. Every little bit of firepower helps. The bots like Bee and which ever constructicon where their ability happens at their current location kinda sucks. I find Bee's a little more useful only because he tends to get in the think of things and stunning enemies and running away helps the other bots rake them out.

Fliers are priceless (except the ones with the EMP or fusion bomb). Gunners like Prowl are handy as well. Prowl has high damage but low HP.

There can be strategy in how you deploy your squad as well. I send the tanks like OP and Ironhide out first followers by the fliers then followed by weaker bots like Prowl or Bee. Prowl has the benefit of long range attacks.

I currently have enough bots to make 3 teams. They are all mostly the same with a few minor differnces, but each has a backbone of fliers. I target the high priority weapons then I single one weapon at a time. I try and not let the team get too separated but the AI is horrible. Infuse the leaders ability to regroup my team fairly often. Learn from the folly of your bots and apply that knowledge to your base strategy.

Every once in a while I try a flanking pincher attack by deploying bots on either side, but normally I just evaluate the base and pick the weakest side and dump the entire team in the order listed above.

If you haven't noticed the power lvl of your currently selected team changes color to give you an idea of how likely of their survival. It goes from red (going lose) to yellow (maybe win if your careful) to green (pretty likely to win) to grey (over-powered and will likely sweep it). I want to say there is more than one shade of yellow but I may be off.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby megatronus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Also keep in mind those bots with abilities that can affect multiple targets at once. That's why I love Breakdown & Swindle so much; the long range gunners tend to be versatile.

Targeting the big weapons - like lasers and mortars - with flyers is really key for this game, but more often than not my gunners are the ones who finish the job.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby no-one » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 pm

megatronus wrote:Also keep in mind those bots with abilities that can affect multiple targets at once. That's why I love Breakdown & Swindle so much; the long range gunners tend to be versatile.
Like Jazz?

Targeting the big weapons - like lasers and mortars - with flyers is really key for this game, but more often than not my gunners are the ones who finish the job.
Or just use the easy button that is Jazz ;) :twisted:
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby megatronus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:22 pm

carytheone wrote:
megatronus wrote:Also keep in mind those bots with abilities that can affect multiple targets at once. That's why I love Breakdown & Swindle so much; the long range gunners tend to be versatile.
Like Jazz?

Someone's ego is getting all up in their Jazz! Or is it the other way around? :-P

Starscream's finally upgraded to level 41, btw. Four more 3-stars to go! :DANCE:
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby no-one » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:31 pm

megatronus wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Like Jazz?

Someone's ego is getting all up in their Jazz! Or is it the other way around? :-P
A little column A, a little column B with a dash of trollface. All in know is that I Jazz all over the Decepticon bases that stand in my way.

Starscream's finally upgraded to level 41, btw. Four more 3-stars to go! :DANCE:
Nice! can ya send me a screen cap of his status screen, I'd love to see those damage numbers and power lvl.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:24 pm

carytheone wrote:
Like Jazz?

**** you and your Jazz. >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby no-one » Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 am

Howdy ladies and gents. The fine folks over at Transformers: Earth Wars just sent me a Grimlock character walk-though with their lead designer.

Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots, but how will his power and strength perform in battle?

Watch as our Lead Game Designer shares tips and tricks on one of his favorite Transformers characters - a fire breathing, head butting, sword smashing Autobot!

no-one
Matrix Keeper

Transformers: Earth Wars Brawl Spotlight Video

Postby no-one » Tue May 03, 2016 9:21 am

To keep the excitement going the Transformers: Earth Wars YouTube Channel has released another character spotlight video. This time it's the Decepticon bruiser, Brawl. The video highlights the in-game 3D model, transformation and Brawl doing what he does best - cracking the heads of Autobots using a combination of melee attacks, grenades and his special ability.

no-one
Matrix Keeper

Transformers: Earth Wars Spotlight Video Windblade

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue May 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
We have a new Transformers: Earth Wars spotlight video to share for the upcoming Hasbro-Backflip-SpaceApe mobile game, this time in the form of Autobot Windblade! The video shows off her transformation as well as battle powers. The video has been mirrored below for you to check out.

And don't forget to pre-register for the game here.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #46 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM342 4A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr B Jazz Image Comics 2024 0124IM895 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 5th ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM891 (CA) Bratukhin"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 5t ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON