This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #131 "The Darkest Timeline"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #131 "The Darkest Timeline"

Postby xRotorstormx » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Welcome to the latest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. This episode features your host for the evening, Counterpunch along with Megatronus, ScottyP and Rotorstorm rounding out the chat on a laid back evening. Relax, take a seat and enjoy as we discuss all the latest news, toys, comics and more in the world of Transformers.

Episode #131 "The Darkest Timeline" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We start this episode off with some hot off the press news from the Transformers Collectors Club. With just under 5 months to go, the Botcon 2016 brochure is now available. We'll run through our thoughts on package pricing, exclusives and the events taking place in Louisville, KY next year.

Of course, with the brochure now available, we can only assume registration is on the horizon...so be prepared!

Up next, MTMTE #46 was released this week along with a preview for MTMTE #47. Tune in to hear our comic aficionados break down the lastest happenings and hopes for the future storyline.

After being delayed a bit, Masterpiece Tracks has finally started to arrive and many of us are anxiously awaiting this beautiful blue vette. ScottyP was lucky enough to get Tracks before the rest of the cast, so you'll have to tune in to hear his in hand thoughts on this latest MP release.

In other Masterpiece news, coming on the heels of Ironhide is none other than Ratchet.

A new wave of Robots in Disguise mini-cons have been revealed along with a bevy of interesting animation renders and names within the latest update for the RID smartphone app

And now it's time for something a little different. Counterpunch has a special topic tonight that you surely do not want to miss. With "Classics" or Generations styled figures now being the main focus of the Transformers toy line for Hasbro's collector focused branding, are us old-timers with a decade's worth of these toys already thoroughly occupied? Within this framework, the cast also discusses the new Robots in Disguise line and our thoughts on its place in the collecting world.

Moving on...let the rumor mill begin! Recently, Hasbro registered the trademarks for CybertronCon, currently the name of their Transformers convention in Asia. Does this mean anything? (No.) Is there a change to Botcon coming down the pike? (Probably not.) The Twincast has their take on this latest "development".

This episode's listener question comes from SW's Silverhammer and it has to do with some amusing knock offs. Will Dolphins fulfill their bloodlust for Transformer podcaster souls? Is Overlord and Star Saber's baby better off in the Korean box or the original Russian? What on Earth is this paragraph talking about?

Of course, we close out this episode with a round of bragging rights! What have the guys (and this gal) gotten their hands on since last episode? Have I opened anything lately, and why not? You'll have to tune in to find out.

Well, that wraps things up for another episode! We really hope you enjoyed listening.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #131 "The Darkest Timeline"

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:57 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Bring it. >:oP
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Imma try listening to this shortly.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 am

I'm curious as to whether we didn't do a great job with this episode or if it was kind of lost in the midst of rather big toy news that drowned out the discussion.

Listeners?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby ScottyP » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:25 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I think we got steamrolled by the news cycle.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby kirkman81 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:48 pm

I think it was a good show for sure, and I'm going to be VERY interested to hear your thoughts on MTMTE once you have read #47 because I have a feeling they'll change from what was said on the show regarding the current pace/direction of the book.
kirkman81
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:23 am

kirkman81 wrote:I think it was a good show for sure, and I'm going to be VERY interested to hear your thoughts on MTMTE once you have read #47 because I have a feeling they'll change from what was said on the show regarding the current pace/direction of the book.

Spoiler alert: I screw that up pretty badly.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Answers to a lot of the BotCon/TCC-related inquiries given in this episode can be found in the following video interview with Pete Sinclair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvmkxPli9wI
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:31 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious as to whether we didn't do a great job with this episode or if it was kind of lost in the midst of rather big toy news that drowned out the discussion.

Listeners?

I liked this podcast episode a lot. I love when there is a fun discussion topic revisitig an older line. Just got to listening to it as I updated my itunes list, I love the Prime line too, it is one of my favourites and by far the last time there were such smart and quality deluxe toys with that kind of complexity (including generations). FE Bumblebee, FE Starscream, FE Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, PRID Vehicon, Rumble/Frenzy, Ratchet, Knock Out, Soundwave, these are all amazing toys!

That aside, RID is a perfectly fine line for what it aims to be and made amazing in the TAV line. I don't see it more or less central or important than last year's movie toys and both Jazz and Drift are better than any deluxe toys AOE gave us.

I too am looking into deco differences with Super Link. But as for Galaxy Force, I don't see any deco differences between Takara's version of the same Hasbo toys we got aside from Override. Is there a difference in Optimus, Wing Sabre, Hotshot, Scattershot and the rest? I don't see it.

Question for Scotty and his AOE Grimlock mold collection, there is still the Platinum Dinobot set with the new G1 head to get. Are you gonna get him? And do you hae the voyager that came in the evolution 2 pack? He too has a different deco.

And to Megatronus saying all Jazz molds are great...

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Jazz Gallery

Though I do agree that Jazz has also been the best toy of a few lines.

Oh last question for Scotty. With the micromaster combiners, is it cheaper to go vintage or the reissue route?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:But as for Galaxy Force, I don't see any deco differences between Takara's version of the same Hasbo toys we got aside from Override. Is there a difference in Optimus, Wing Sabre, Hotshot, Scattershot and the rest? I don't see it.
Galaxy Convoy:

Optimus Prime:

Sonic Bomber

Wing Saber

Exillion and Hot Shot are the same except for an insignificant molding difference involving some screws near the vehicle mode spoiler.

Backpack and Scattorshot seem to be the same.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ScottyP » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:Question for Scotty and his AOE Grimlock mold collection, there is still the Platinum Dinobot set with the new G1 head to get. Are you gonna get him? And do you hae the voyager that came in the evolution 2 pack? He too has a different deco.

Oh last question for Scotty. With the micromaster combiners, is it cheaper to go vintage or the reissue route?
I'm a handful of figures away from having one of every version of Grimlock ever made. The answer is always "yes" for Grimlock toys.

Reissues are infinitely cheaper for the Micromaster combiners. That said, the vintage color scheme of Sixwing has never been reissued.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Question for Scotty and his AOE Grimlock mold collection, there is still the Platinum Dinobot set with the new G1 head to get. Are you gonna get him? And do you hae the voyager that came in the evolution 2 pack? He too has a different deco.

I'm a handful of figures away from having one of every version of Grimlock ever made. The answer is always "yes" for Grimlock toys.

Reissues are infinitely cheaper for the Micromaster combiners. That said, the vintage color scheme of Sixwing has never been reissued.

Ah, I didnt know that (about sixwing), thanks!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Ah, I didnt know that (about sixwing), thanks!
Yeah, Sixwing was given a significant redeco (and a faction change) for his rerelease instead of a minor redeco like all the others got.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Does anyone have the MP3 files for Podcast 131 and 132? They're the only ones that I haven't been able to recover after the server crash. If you have them and can upload them to Google Drive or something similar, please let me know if you can help us out! Thanks in advance!!!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Seibertron wrote:Does anyone have the MP3 files for Podcast 131 and 132? They're the only ones that I haven't been able to recover after the server crash. If you have them and can upload them to Google Drive or something similar, please let me know if you can help us out! Thanks in advance!!!
I still have them! I'll shoot you an email. :D

EDIT: They're too big to email. I'll try something else.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 pm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Thanks Sabrblade! They've been uploaded. :D
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 91 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
BLITZWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "1 Step Changer BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
1 Step Changer BUM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
NEW!
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STING SHOT BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse 1-Step Changer Hasbro 2019 New"
STING SHOT BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015 Hyper Change 3-Step 220512A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 73 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON