This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Investor Day 2015 Presentation: Micronauts return and team up with Transformers?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro Investor Day 2015 Presentation: Micronauts return and team up with Transformers?

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:43 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hasbro's Investor day just took place and we have the presentation slides as well as the accompanying audio for everyone interested:

PDF
Audio

Out own Scotty P (podcaster extraordinaire) has his own commentary to lead fans through it:

Hasbro's Investor Day presentation was yesterday.

Some things of note:

Slide 20 has TF5 teaser logo (nothing exciting), and some new product called "Alt Modes" - looks like keychains or something but it's a very small image.
Slide 23 has the TF brand revenue (revenue to Hasbro, not retail sales to consumers! HUGE difference!) chart that we've seen in previous years updated to include the 9 months out of this year so far. Pretty good start for them.
Slide 34 talks about expanding footprint into more global markets.
Some new Kre-o product on Slide 37, but it does not look to be Transformers related. Read elsewhere it is a Chinese market exclusive line. May want to check audio.
Slide 38: appears to announce Micronauts return - as a crossover with Transformers. Kind of cool considering Micronauts' roots as Microman.
I enjoyed the financial slides. Interesting bit on 61 about slightly increasing resin costs expected for 2016.
Slide 65 mentions a new e-commerce site. Direct to consumer sales or just B2B? I don't know, may want to check audio.
May want to sit through audio to check Q&A for interesting tidbits.
Poor GI Joe. Also no sign of M.A.S.K. which was on the last (I think last, maybe the one before last) Investor presentation.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Hasbro Investor Day 2015 Presentation: Micronauts return and team up with Transformers?

Postby Railbomb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:57 am

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
I wonder if these new Micronauts will be able to fit in the cockpits of Jetfire/Seekers, Whirl, and HotSpots basket? It would be cool to finally get some little guys that can do that and maybe see some cameo appearances of Spike, Sparkplug, Daniel, Carly and some other characters from the cartoon.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro Investor Day 2015 Presentation: Micronauts return and team up with Transformers?

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:29 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Once again Hasbro suprises us with something (I am not sure if the micronauts were ever released in the US) a little new and old. I gotta say I never expected the micronauts to be back, but its awesome, and I surely do like it! :D
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby OptimusPrimeval » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Does anyone else think this Microman reboot could be a Western repackaging of Takara's Diaclone Reboot? Those little men...
OptimusPrimeval
Micromaster

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Railbomb wrote:I wonder if these new Micronauts will be able to fit in the cockpits of Jetfire/Seekers, Whirl, and HotSpots basket? It would be cool to finally get some little guys that can do that and maybe see some cameo appearances of Spike, Sparkplug, Daniel, Carly and some other characters from the cartoon.

Think the small pilots were more of a Diaclone thing than a Microman thing, though I think Diaclone was originally a spin-off brand.

Starsaber468 wrote:Once again Hasbro suprises us with something (I am not sure if the micronauts were ever released in the US) a little new and old. I gotta say I never expected the micronauts to be back, but its awesome, and I surely do like it! :D

Micronauts were indeed released in the U.S.! There was even a Marvel comic that outlasted the toyline(much like ROM Spaceknight). I've not read any of it though, mostly cause I've never run across it in the wild and haven't had the notion to track it down. It was supposed to be quite good and there's a crossover with the X-Men, and I think Man-Thing popped up for an issue or two in the regular series.

The figures came out in the very late 70's I believe, and there was a sort of revival around the early 2000's in the U.S. However I do remember reading reviews that the 2000's Microman figures weren't of great quality and broke pretty easy. I remember seeing them at Suncoast on clearance once back in the day but didn't pick any up.

Oh yeah and Micronauts big bad Baron Karza wasn't from the original Microman line but a repainted/remolded super robot called Jeeg.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Metroplex79 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:47 pm

william-james88 wrote:Image

I'm kinda sad Combiner Wars isn't making a killing this year.

How can it not be beating Prime?

:-(
Metroplex79
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby ScottyP » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Metroplex79 wrote:I'm kinda sad Combiner Wars isn't making a killing this year.

That's top line revenue to Hasbro in that chart, afaik, and has nothing to do with things like profit or sales to consumers. This is showing that the brand as a whole is performing well in getting retailers to buy product of any variety, and you can see in here that the 3/4 of a year thus far has generated almost as much as those two full years where Prime was the focus.

Additionally, I'd hold off on judging how Combiner Wars has done until figures such as this are shown next year. If the line does well for retailers, logic would say that their orders, and thus revenue to Hasbro, will be up come next year.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

Not to kick you while you're down, but most of that probably comes from Robots in Disguise anyway. Now that the brand has become mainstream the movie and cartoon years are the best performers. It's quite the contrast compared to the 2005 and 2006 years when Transformers Energon and Cybertron were on TV. Just think of how flooded the shelves were with figures back then just to get those low numbers.

Emerje
Last edited by Emerje on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:36 pm

This kinda seems like its micronaut doesn't it?
Attachments
Mysterious-Figure.jpg
Possibly Micronaut
Mysterious-Figure.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 73635 times
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Emerje wrote:

Not to kick you while you're down, but most of that probably comes from Robots in Disguise anyway. Now that the brand has become mainstream the movie and cartoon years are the best performers. It's quite the contrast compared to the 2005 and 2006 years when Transformers Energon and Cybertron were on TV. Just think of how flooded the shelves were with figures back then just to get those low numbers.

Emerje

Well a lot of people did focus on getting combiner wars figures though plus combiner wars did get more figures, so I don't know but I would supsect RID mainly being meant for children would be sold for children, but usually whenever I am at a store getting some figures the RID figures would be full while the Combiner wars section of figures would be empty
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Starsaber468 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Well a lot of people did focus on getting combiner wars figures though plus combiner wars did get more figures, so I don't know but I would supsect RID mainly being meant for children would be sold for children, but usually whenever I am at a store getting some figures the RID figures would be full while the Combiner wars section of figures would be empty

Children's toy lines always sell better than collectors lines, this is a long proven fact. The reason you're seeing more RID and less CW on shelves is because stores are ordering more RID than CW. It my area both are in short supply, but I find new RID figures long before I find new CW stuff.

As for Micronauts, they've been working on plans for a movie for years now so it's no real surprise that they'd use movie Optimus Prime to promote it. Probably he'll find their planet in his post-Age of Extinction trip through space. Should be interesting if it ever happens, to date Hasbro has yet to do anything with the Micronauts license even though they've had it since 2009.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Metroplex79 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 pm

ScottyP wrote:

That's top line revenue to Hasbro in that chart, afaik, and has nothing to do with things like profit or sales to consumers. This is showing that the brand as a whole is performing well in getting retailers to buy product of any variety, and you can see in here that the 3/4 of a year thus far has generated almost as much as those two full years where Prime was the focus.

Additionally, I'd hold off on judging how Combiner Wars has done until figures such as this are shown next year. If the line does well for retailers, logic would say that their orders, and thus revenue to Hasbro, will be up come next year.

I know that.

But I was hoping it be...more. A big bulk of the Combiner Wars figures were released in the first 8 months.

Emerje wrote:

Emerje

There is that.

But how many families that had to buy RID figures would have to make up just me for Combiner Wars?
I have 2 of almost all the ones released in Canada thus far.

I'm not making this all about me, but I sure there are a few that are buying way more Combiner Wars figures than just the 1 of each.
Last edited by Metroplex79 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metroplex79
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Emerje wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Children's toy lines always sell better than collectors lines, this is a long proven fact. The reason you're seeing more RID and less CW on shelves is because stores are ordering more RID than CW. It my area both are in short supply, but I find new RID figures long before I find new CW stuff.

As for Micronauts, they've been working on plans for a movie for years now so it's no real surprise that they'd use movie Optimus Prime to promote it. Probably he'll find their planet in his post-Age of Extinction trip through space. Should be interesting if it ever happens, to date Hasbro has yet to do anything with the Micronauts license even though they've had it since 2009.

Emerje

Ok that probably makes sjnce though the RID line where I live kinda is shelf-formers though. Btw isn't this probably I redesigned familiar micronaut cough cough a certain robot one cough cough
Attachments
Mysterious-Figure.jpg
Mysterious-Figure.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 73626 times
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Metroplex79 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Sorry...server lag....duplicate post.
Last edited by Metroplex79 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metroplex79
Transmetal Warrior

Postby BERSEKAEL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:33 pm

I believe "age of extinction" didn't sell better cuz:

1. bad quality toys (poor paint apps, overpriced)
2. No legion class
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ScottyP wrote:

I'm even more confused about what these numbers mean after reading the comments above.

In 2014, did they make approximately $500,000 profit after expenses, salaries, and other expenses related to business, employment, and operating costs? That's not a lot of money all things considered. The ROI seems extremely small. Something about these financial numbers is escaping my understanding at the moment.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm

BERSEKAEL wrote:I believe "age of extinction" didn't sell better cuz:

2. No legion class

Thats definitely not why... plus Legion class isn't that improtebt for prime or bayformers... plus its probably because the downfall of popularity with the bayformers though I feel like transformers 5 will give an another boost to the franchise. Plus Bayformers basically keep the franchise going even with hate it we gotta admit it probably without the bayformers we wouldn't be getting great figures even masterpiece figures & third party figures
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Starsaber468 wrote:Ok that probably makes sjnce though the RID line where I live kinda is shelf-formers though. Btw isn't this probably I redesigned familiar micronaut cough cough a certain robot one cough cough

I really hope that's not supposed to be Biotron, though I'm more likely to believe it's Phobos. But to be entirely honest the colors make it look more like some sort of Ant-Man robot. Who knows?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Starsaber468 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Emerje wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:Ok that probably makes sjnce though the RID line where I live kinda is shelf-formers though. Btw isn't this probably I redesigned familiar micronaut cough cough a certain robot one cough cough

I really hope that's not supposed to be Biotron, though I'm more likely to believe it's Phobos. But to be entirely honest the colors make it look more like some sort of Ant-Man robot. Who knows?

Emerje

Its probably part of the micronauts looks kinda obvious when its revealed as "Mysterious Figure"
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Emerje wrote:

Emerje

There is also the fact that the graph is comparing 9 months to a year and that the 3 months missing are the holiday months which account for the greatest percentage of revenue for toy companies.

You probably meant Shelf-warmers. Also, the RID line is not confirmed to be shelfwarming yet. Unlike previous lines, this one is big on repackaging older toys in cases with newer ones. I did a test with a friend on the site once who wanted every single skrapnel left in my area (that insecticon "seemed" to be shelfwarming like crazy). So I bought them all. The next week, there was a fresh batch and I bought it too since he couldnt get enough of them. And it kept going with them restocking a few at a time. Somone who has no interest in them would just see theme very week and think i twas the same 2 always shelfwarming when it wasnt. Since then I think twice before declaring anything a shelfwarmer and I think we should stick to the initial and true definition of a shelfwarmer: a toy that is still there once the line (Line, not wave) is over. Especially with the RID line, it is not possible to call them shelfwarmers yet.

Also, I love showing this pic I took while waiting in line at TRU (which shows what the person in front of me was about to purchase) whenever someone asks if one line sells more than the other:

Starsaber468 wrote:
BERSEKAEL wrote:I believe "age of extinction" didn't sell better cuz:

2. No legion class

Thats definitely not why... plus Legion class isn't that improtebt for prime or bayformers... plus its probably because the downfall of popularity with the bayformers though I feel like transformers 5 will give an another boost to the franchise. Plus Bayformers basically keep the franchise going even with hate it we gotta admit it probably without the bayformers we wouldn't be getting great figures even masterpiece figures & third party figures

He's joking out of frustration since all he collects is legion class.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Late to the party, but no less excited by this news. There is a giant Microman/naut Transformers crossover going on on the shelf behind me right now! :shock:

This is great, and I'm actually not that surprised after we heard at SDCC that IDW had some Micronauts in the works for next year.

Emerje wrote:I really hope that's not supposed to be Biotron, though I'm more likely to believe it's Phobos.
That sure looks like a strange reboot of Biotron to me. That head with those horns does look like Phobos, but those colors and that chest seem awful Biotrony.

Emerje wrote:As for Micronauts, they've been working on plans for a movie for years now so it's no real surprise that they'd use movie Optimus Prime to promote it. Probably he'll find their planet in his post-Age of Extinction trip through space. Should be interesting if it ever happens, to date Hasbro has yet to do anything with the Micronauts license even though they've had it since 2009.
Around 2007 or 8, the short lived Orphanage animation studio (the crew behind Sym-Bionic Titan) did a short stint of development for a Micronauts animated feature, but it was quickly put on the back burner when the owner of the film rights, James Cameron's asking price was a tad too high. It's great that Hasbro has acquired all the pieces to put this all together. I believe they have had the rights to the toys for a long time now. At least since Palisades went belly up.

The green alien character isn't ringing a bell, and the female hero character's name escapes me, but I think that fella in the middle might be Acroyear. I don't recall anyone else who carried a flaming energy blade like that.

Oh MAN! This is exciting! :KREMZEEK:
Can't wait to learn more.

Edit: Just came back to me. The female character was Marionette, and maybe the Green dude is Bug. Maybe?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:07 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Interesting sales. Interesting stuff. Funny how the best year over the past 10 was the RotF year. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:26 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Interesting sales. Interesting stuff. Funny how the best year over the past 10 was the RotF year. :BOT:

Makes sense though, there was a lot of product that year.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Interesting sales. Interesting stuff. Funny how the best year over the past 10 was the RotF year. :BOT:

Makes sense though, there was a lot of product that year.

There really was, though given it is still kinda interesting and cool that the "worst" of the films in many eyes actually sold the best :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:04 am

Double post, sorry.

to make use of it: I wonder if RiD will then be the big thing for this year since Prime and Animated were used for their respective years :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobots Evac Squad HOT SPOT Transformers 2014 Voyager complete 230920A"
Protectobots Evac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON