This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
That Megatron art is amazing. =P~
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50

Postby padfoo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:One thing that always bugs me about media, is how cleanly and clearly defined "good" and "evil" usually are portrayed. In real life, its never that simple or easy. I really feel like the Transformer books, MTMTE in particular, are really trying to a dress that. Its one of the reasons I love them so much.

I agree with your comment I think there needs to be more grey, but it takes great writing and character development to do that. In general there are some characters such as Prowl, Jazz, Rattrap and even Thundercracker that have stayed in that grey sweet spot throughout different books.
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:25 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (6 July 2016)
ISBN-10: 163140668X
ISBN-13: 978-1631406683
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Va'al wrote:And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

With 100 pages, and 46-49 using 80 pages, that wouldn't leave enough room for issue 50 since it is 41 pages long. I think it will only be 4 issues and bonus stuff :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:29 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

With 100 pages, and 46-49 using 80 pages, that wouldn't leave enough room for issue 50 since it is 41 pages long. I think it will only be 4 issues and bonus stuff :BOT:

That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?

Isn't that how they are doing The Transformers volume 8? 4 issues of post-Combiner wars issues? :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:17 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?

Isn't that how they are doing The Transformers volume 8? 4 issues of post-Combiner wars issues? :BOT:

Yeah. And it's a little slim, don't you think?
I mean, it seems to happening across a good chunk of the comics industry, but I'm still not sure how I feel about having such slim TPBs, even with the 'extra' material (which is usually only variant covers, really).
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Va'al wrote:Yeah. And it's a little slim, don't you think?
I mean, it seems to happening across a good chunk of the comics industry, but I'm still not sure how I feel about having such slim TPBs, even with the 'extra' material (which is usually only variant covers, really).

It is very slim and I don't like it. Combiner wars threw that off so bad with those 3 issues in there. 4 issue TPB's just don't work for me. I mean Windblade and Drift were like that, but the individual comics were $16 total and the TPB $20. There should be at least 5. I would honestly have been ok with them making an 8 issue TPB that was a bit extra to fix that and exclude all the bonus stuff. Some of it is cool, but some is unnecessary or should not be considered bonus. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

More Than Meets The Eye #50 Variant Sakamoto/Coller Cover

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Coming a bit out of left field here, we now have another cover to add to More Than Meets The Eye 50, this time a combination of Casey Coller and recent MTMTE artist Hayato Sakamoto! This new cover shows off Megatron in his tyrants days and in his new life outlook. What do you think of this cover? Had enough yet? Ready for Issue 50 coming out this month? Head on down to the comments section and let us know what you think of this new cover and of the upcoming issue 50 this month, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest transformers news!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.

Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Deadput wrote:You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.

Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.

I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Deadput » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Randomhero wrote:
I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.

I don't want to see him become a Decepticon either but it is likely to happen knowing the comic industry and their history with making previous comic issues irrelevant in order to do some big issue to bring in the dough.

Something like "Megatron restarts the war with the Autobots and Earth with Starscream and a reborn Shockwave by his side?"
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.

I am going to second this. IDW Megatron being an Autobot has broken so many rules it is unthinkable, but this is what the IDW-verse is all about, and that's why so far it has been my favorite. Megatron has worked so well as an Autobot and has truly encountered some situations making him look back and realize how wrong he went. I think we are past the point of no-return, and he is a bot for the rest of this universe. And I am good with that. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Deadput wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I don't want to see him become a Decepticon either but it is likely to happen knowing the comic industry and their history with making previous comic issues irrelevant in order to do some big issue to bring in the dough.

Something like "Megatron restarts the war with the Autobots and Earth with Starscream and a reborn Shockwave by his side?"

Ya know I have full faith that that won't happen or it won't for a vey vey long time. This isn't 5 years ago or even 10 years ago when Megatron had to be the main villain. Even the new cartoon has managed to make a good show without having megatron -and to an extent- Optimus being the main central focus. Hasbro knows how well the comics are doing and the fact that MTMTE is winning awards lets me believe that they know what they're doing and will allowed to do what they want. John taking over from Andy Schmidt is in -in my opinion- the best thing that he ever happened in transformers comics.

The fact that we are in a time where tracks and needlenose are brothers, Soundwave is preaching a bunch of hippie peace talk, prowl is quite possible the worst autobot to ever wear that symbol and Megatron is a freaking autobot and starscream is ruler of the entire planet cybertron shows us we are living in an insane time.

Could Megatron become a decepticon again? Sure. Will starscream and shockwave join back up with him. No. Starscream will be long dead before that happens and Shockwave was never technically a decepticon so I don't see that happening but if it does, than we better hope the people behind that insanity is James and John because I believe they could convince us of it.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:33 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I am going to second this. IDW Megatron being an Autobot has broken so many rules it is unthinkable, but this is what the IDW-verse is all about, and that's why so far it has been my favorite. Megatron has worked so well as an Autobot and has truly encountered some situations making him look back and realize how wrong he went. I think we are past the point of no-return, and he is a bot for the rest of this universe. And I am good with that. :BOT:

Yeah I don't think he could even if he wanted to. The decepticons hate him more than everyone now with one part now following Tarn, another wanting to take over everything with Galvatron and and other wanting to be left alone in peace with Soundwave. It's crazy stuff like this that makes me wish the DJD would be brought over to Not-RID because I want Tarn to meet Galavtron and see how that would plays out.

Galvatron is leader of the decepticons but he's only leader of like 20 guys. He's not leader of the entire decepticon faction and that's something I want to see played out.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Given the recent MTMTE trend, I am fully convinced Megs will not go back. He has found a way and he does not want to go back. They did an amazing job of making him peaceful and then forcefully bad basically, and now his path back has been too good and too convincing to go back.

And with Shockwave dying a good guy once more, I doubt he and Bee will ever come back, and if they do, Shockwave would not be a con, as he only used them for his own ore needs. and Starscream has finally succeeded, and with him and Windblade set up for a long run, I don't see the status quo swinging back to what it was anytime soon, if at all, especially with John and James. They know what they are doing, and the fact that hasbro said yes to Rewinds last words being "I love you" speaks volumes. not to mention all the awards MTMTE is getting, and the fact that it is a trending topic in social media.

It will not go back, and I don't want it to go back. It is too utterly unique to fall back :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Yeah I don't think he could even if he wanted to. The decepticons hate him more than everyone now with one part now following Tarn, another wanting to take over everything with Galvatron and and other wanting to be left alone in peace with Soundwave. It's crazy stuff like this that makes me wish the DJD would be brought over to Not-RID because I want Tarn to meet Galavtron and see how that would plays out.

Galvatron is leader of the decepticons but he's only leader of like 20 guys. He's not leader of the entire decepticon faction and that's something I want to see played out.

Tarn meeting Galvs would be interesting, but right now, I cannot wait for the DJD v. Lost Light battle to come. For those who wanted war, it is, but with completely different places and characters. And Tarn has a significant power base there, so it could be very big. I think James said on facebook that the Dying of the Light storyline would be 122 pages by the time it is done, which is huge. And I really think this will bring many storylines to an end or a conclusion: Brainstorm, Megatron, Rodimus, Hoist and Trailcutter, all kinds of stories to use. Not to mention how I truly do believe the protectobots and Ratchet and Drift shall return, and the whole crew shall be united again by the end :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:39 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Given the recent MTMTE trend, I am fully convinced Megs will not go back. He has found a way and he does not want to go back. They did an amazing job of making him peaceful and then forcefully bad basically, and now his path back has been too good and too convincing to go back.

And with Shockwave dying a good guy once more, I doubt he and Bee will ever come back, and if they do, Shockwave would not be a con, as he only used them for his own ore needs. and Starscream has finally succeeded, and with him and Windblade set up for a long run, I don't see the status quo swinging back to what it was anytime soon, if at all, especially with John and James. They know what they are doing, and the fact that hasbro said yes to Rewinds last words being "I love you" speaks volumes. not to mention all the awards MTMTE is getting, and the fact that it is a trending topic in social media.

It will not go back, and I don't want it to go back. It is too utterly unique to fall back :BOT:

It's Bumblebee he always comes back.

We probably said the same thing about Ironhide and look what happened to him.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby ricemazter » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
My only problem with Megatron being an autobot is that, so far, not much has really been done with him. Sure there have been interesting reactions to him being on board, the rest of the crew hating him, some actively trying to get rid of him through morally questionable means, but there hasn't been much done with Megatron himself and how he's handling all this.

Even after elegant chaos when the main players of the crew, more or less, unanimously decided it would have been better for him not to have been born, even to the detriment of cybertronians as a whole, Megatron didn't do anything plot-wise with that revelation. Probably the best thing with him so far were his interactions with Trail Guy, and the two Slaughterhouse issues. Of course slaughterhouse is over, and we know the trail breaker stuff probably won't go anywhere because he got a throwaway death so Rodimus could briefly make Megs feel bad about himself some more.

There have been reaction shots from him and more subtle things, but nothing overt while the rest of the crew goes about their shenanigans. Really, he acts as Rodimus' straight-man more than anything else, which used to be Magnus' job.

I hope there's a paradigm shift soon and that MTMTE proves me wrong. I'm rather tired of Megatron just kind of being there.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
im a little confused if megatron is good now then how does galvatron come into existence
or are they two seperate beings
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:54 pm

While I can understand your position, Megatron has been hit hard, but they have not showed it very outwardly. When he found out in issue 38 the universe would be better without him, he was basically not seen by the rest of the crew for several issues, only appearing with Ravage and not really saying anything. and then the shock of the necrobot's planet and all the lives he is responsible for. It hasn't been outward, more subtle, but with issue 49 and then with dying of the light, I think we will finally see those things come out more :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:57 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Tarn meeting Galvs would be interesting, but right now, I cannot wait for the DJD v. Lost Light battle to come. For those who wanted war, it is, but with completely different places and characters. And Tarn has a significant power base there, so it could be very big. I think James said on facebook that the Dying of the Light storyline would be 122 pages by the time it is done, which is huge. And I really think this will bring many storylines to an end or a conclusion: Brainstorm, Megatron, Rodimus, Hoist and Trailcutter, all kinds of stories to use. Not to mention how I truly do believe the protectobots and Ratchet and Drift shall return, and the whole crew shall be united again by the end :BOT:

That's only 6 issues honestly. Same as a standard trade for the most part.

Yeah the dying of light seems like it's the DJDs swan song. It for all intended purposes should be their final appearance so that chapter of MTMTE can be put to bed. Hope it's good! Don't really want a text story epilogue like remain in light got. I know some liked it but it just furiated me. Little less of people standing in a cell for 3 issues and maybe that could have actually been drawn in the book in my opinion.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:im a little confused if megatron is good now then how does galvatron come into existence

In IDW, they are 2 separate guys. Galvatron is an ancient being/barbarian whom was stuck in a dead universe for 6 millions years and now has taken control of the cons post Megs, who was constructed cold/AKA built around I wanna say 4.4 million years ago. Unicron has not existed in this universe yet, only really getting 2 very offhanded mentions that didn't even use his name, just a mention of Primus' opposite, and Primus hasn't even been shown to be real here either :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:im a little confused if megatron is good now then how does galvatron come into existence

Separate. Galvatron is an ancient Cybertronian in IDW 10 million years old maybe older. We don't really know.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Deadput » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Galvatron is a separate guy who is actually older then Megatron since Galvatron is some Cybertronian barbarian from Nova Prime's time.

He is also co leading the Decepticons right now alongside Soundwave while Soundwave seems to want to lead more peacefully Galvatron is just being antagonistic and trying to slaughter people right now.

So the two groups are Soundwave's and Galvatron's.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON