This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #48 Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #48 Thread

Postby Va'al » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ZeroWolf wrote:Is there another cover that connects to this one? I can see skids arm and cyclonus great sword.

According to Perez, there are several more! I'm guessing they'll go all the way up to #50. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Hero Alpha » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:53 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Somehow More Than Meets the Eye keeps getting better and better. Always the first comic I read each month.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #48 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ALL
Spoiler-Free-ish

Synopsis
MIND GAMES! The crew of the Lost Light are caught off guard when a dead friend appears out of the blue. But there's no time for a happy reunion: someone else has found his way onto the ship—someone with the power to tear the crew apart.

Yeah, way too soon to celebrate guys….

Story so Far
Well, just when you thought you knew it all, Roberts finds a way to make you question everything you thought you knew, and he certainly had me scratching my head at times during this read. It really didn’t pick up where the last left off, but rather steered the ship into whole new waters. We learn of some pasts that we wanted to know and some we never thought we’d see coming. And it was not at all what I expected, but it made me think, it made me go back through and take a look at what I thought I knew. This one made me question some things, and I am not sure at this time if I could give many answers.

Me about this time

Now I was disappointed in the amount of storytelling continuity between issue 47 and this one, but I can say I was somewhat satisfied by the topic that we did plunge into, and that we will finally be getting our answers. Issues 47-49 more feel like slight tidying up issues that Roberts thought he’d have more time to tell but doesn’t, so he’s rushing a bit. So the story does suffer a bit due to it, but it is still tackling the taboo that we have thought about for years, so -1 for speed but +2 for our questions being fulfilled?

Art
With Alex Milne still suffering a leg injury, art this issue is covered by the extremely talented newcomer Hayato Sakamoto, and he brings his A-game to the table this issue. He has a lot to draw, not mention some very scary and very dastardly disgusting stuff to work with, but he takes in stride and doesn’t give an inch! He forged through with no issues whatsoever and very much continues to impress me.
Yeah Rung, that’s how I’d feel staring into death itself too!

Joana Lafuente once again picks up coloring duties and the darkness of the story mixed with the bright hope and fire burning within some of our friends here makes for some stunning images, both grim and shining. Lettering is done once again by Tom B. Long, but his time he has some help with the aid of Chris Mowry, and both do a masterful job of giving life to this book, the words, and the memory issues that Skids has fought for oh so long. It truly is the lettering though, that opens up Skids properly and finally for all of us to see though.

Yeah, this proves every point right here

Thoughts, with some spoilers ahead…
Well, We are finally getting our answers, and it seems that some of them are what we thought, and yet some are nowhere near what we could ever imagine. And let alone what the end of the issue means for us going forward, Youch! Poor Rung, and poor Skids. As his memories are ripped open for all to see, I can begin to see tragedy ahead that will bring him closer to a few of his crewmates than ever before, and potential conflict with one in particular. Darkness is descending on the Lost Light, and as we speed ever faster towards Dying of the Light, I can only hope that we still have the crew we started with to hold off the darkness and give the Lost Light some new light.

Pretty much how my head feels

Overall, good issue, very good ready, amazing art, and some answers begin to come out. The major thing that lets this issue down is how it kind of tossed out some things needed to wrap up 47, but that isn’t enough to cripple it too badly.

.:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: .5 out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby luisperezart » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah, it felt rushed. I think he's sprinting towards the big 50.
luisperezart
Mini-Con

Postby 1984forever » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:43 pm

I hope Tailgate stays down. He is IDWs version of G1 Wheelie... so annoying. I really don't know why Hasbro felt compelled to even release minibots for '86! Everyone would have lived better lives without them.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Randomhero » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:01 pm

This issue did feel very rushed. It's not a bad issue, way better than the last issue and I'm glad Cyclonus and Tailgates fates are resolved. Didn't think either died because like I said with last issue: they both appear in future covers. I think it's the strongest issue we've gotten since the issue where ratchet left but isn't better than that one.

I think the rating is justified. It's an average issue with strong art and a sense of "we need to tie up a lot of stuff because The Dying of Light starts in 2 months. Something Roberts needs to work on still, structure and pacing.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Crosscheck » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:10 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
So the fact that Skids did not have a quantum duplicate for when the DJD attacked the Lost Light might be integral to how a future encounter with the DJD is going to play out. Skids likely knows who Tarn is, but neither of them have encountered each other since Grindcore. I get the feeling that if Tarn really is Roller, the fact they are old friends is probably why Skids is even alive at this point. With his repressed memories surfacing, Skids is probably going to relearn that fact.
Crosscheck
Combiner
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby pie-man » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:18 am

Good to see some of the long awaited threads finally unraveling. The Skids-Tarn connection is finally coming to a head. Can't wait for the 3-page preview.... anyone know when #49 is coming out?

Glad to see that Getaway & Atomizer have been arrested.... that look on Magnus' face in that panel is amazing and I think that's my favorite panel in the entire issue.
pie-man
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:18 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Gearslide wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Also, look, Machine Wars Soundwave!

You mean Stalker?

Machine wars Soundwave was grey.

Whoops, you're right. I completely forgot about him.

As President of the Stalker Appreciation Society I should being doing all sorts of unmentionable mean things to you.

BUT ... I feel your confusion stems from the News Crews on-going vendetta against Stalker, so I shall instead turn my attention back towards the evil News Crew.
Shame it was a flashback.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby MemphisR56 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:55 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Burn wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

You mean Stalker?

As President of the Stalker Appreciation Society I should being doing all sorts of unmentionable mean things to you.

BUT ... I feel your confusion stems from the News Crews on-going vendetta against Stalker, so I shall instead turn my attention back towards the evil News Crew.

Don't worry burn, TR Hardhead will be out soon enough.

Think of all the Stalker customs people will make! ;)
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:59 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
MemphisR56 wrote:
Burn wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

You mean Stalker?

Don't worry burn, TR Hardhead will be out soon enough.

Think of all the Stalker customs people will make! ;)

Hasbro had their chance with Cybertron Defense Red Alert. Plus Hardhead comes no where near close to Stalker.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
1984forever wrote:I hope Tailgate stays down. He is IDWs version of G1 Wheelie... so annoying. I really don't know why Hasbro felt compelled to even release minibots for '86! Everyone would have lived better lives without them.

Seriously?

Your like the only person I have ever witnessed to have so much hate.

Your hate capacity exceeds Palpatine or any other star wars sith lord.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby LE0KING » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:47 am

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I feel like they were planning on doing something big with Tailgate's explosion at the end of 47, like suddenly super over powered Tailgate Supreme, but the fans were all like "meh >:oP " so they just glossed over it and threw in Thunderclash's revival as an easy way to buy time for a different story.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Crosscheck » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:12 am

It is quite funny that almost every Decepticon present at Grindcore is confirmed dead in the present time.
Crosscheck
Combiner

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wait when did Stalker die?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:Wait when did Stalker die?

In Last Stand of the Wreckers, when he got impaled in the face by Springer as he was about to torture Impactor. If I recall correctly, that is.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:11 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Crosscheck wrote:So the fact that Skids did not have a quantum duplicate for when the DJD attacked the Lost Light might be integral to how a future encounter with the DJD is going to play out. Skids likely knows who Tarn is, but neither of them have encountered each other since Grindcore. I get the feeling that if Tarn really is Roller, the fact they are old friends is probably why Skids is even alive at this point. With his repressed memories surfacing, Skids is probably going to relearn that fact.

1 Problem though: Skids joined the lost light after it took off. He met the crew after the quantum jump that took them away from Cybertron. That's why he did not have a duplicate. :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Crosscheck » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:39 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:So the fact that Skids did not have a quantum duplicate for when the DJD attacked the Lost Light might be integral to how a future encounter with the DJD is going to play out. Skids likely knows who Tarn is, but neither of them have encountered each other since Grindcore. I get the feeling that if Tarn really is Roller, the fact they are old friends is probably why Skids is even alive at this point. With his repressed memories surfacing, Skids is probably going to relearn that fact.

1 Problem though: Skids joined the lost light after it took off. He met the crew after the quantum jump that took them away from Cybertron. That's why he did not have a duplicate. :BOT:
Yes. I addressed that in my post. My point is, that if he did have a quantum duplicate, Tarn would have encountered him a lot sooner. Knowing who Tarn is could have changed things significantly. Afterall, Skids somehow escapes Grindcore with his bad memories. No one else has. Perhaps knowing who Tarn is got him out.
Crosscheck
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Crosscheck wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Yes. I addressed that in my post. My point is, that if he did have a quantum duplicate, Tarn would have encountered him a lot sooner. Knowing who Tarn is could have changed things significantly. Afterall, Skids somehow escapes Grindcore with his bad memories. No one else has. Perhaps knowing who Tarn is got him out.

Somehow I feel that Skids is gonna kill Quark. This will drive a huge wedge between him and Brainstorm as crewmates and make him feel terrible. It may be Tarn recognizes him and wants to recruit him as an old friend, and to do that or something Quark dies, or he dies in an escape attempt with Skids. Either way, we are getting some good history and we will see Quark die next issue pretty sure :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sagitta » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:30 am

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
Crosscheck wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Either way, there's that one issue in Elegant Chaos Arc. Remember, when Rodimus and the others went into the past for the first time and aided Orion Pax and his crew?

During that affair Roller went missing. After Orion gave orders for him to be searched for he and his companions' memories were wiped, including Skids. They then proceeded to get ready to depart from the area.

Very possible this is what made Roller turn. He was already feeling alienated, rightly or wrongly. Had he returned to see the area abandoned he would have felt justified. Likewise, Skids and the others could have felt Roller went MIA for no reason. Hense, the ill will. If such was the case, I doubt Skids would have been freed on the basis on knowing Tarn's true identity from the death camp. If anything, he probably would have been treated more harshly.
Sagitta
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Endurance: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:35 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Calling it right now, Sunder is either possessed by or the mortal form of Mortilus, somehow revived.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:I think the rating is justified. It's an average issue with strong art and a sense of "we need to tie up a lot of stuff because The Dying of Light starts in 2 months. Something Roberts needs to work on still, structure and pacing.
Yeah, I think this is one of those "paced for the trade" issues that feels like a hurry on its own. Still wish we could have that four pages back that we lost so recently. I'd pay $4.99 an issue for more content, but I know many might be put off by that so I understand IDW's call to keep the $3.99 pricing and cull the page count.

pie-man wrote:Good to see some of the long awaited threads finally unraveling. The Skids-Tarn connection is finally coming to a head. Can't wait for the 3-page preview.... anyone know when #49 is coming out?
I think #49 is set for 1/27 unfortunately.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:16 am

Mindmaster wrote:Calling it right now, Sunder is either possessed by or the mortal form of Mortilus, somehow revived.

This is honestly very terrifying :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON