This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2016 Generations Platinum sets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby HBGoo1984 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Motto: ""If I can design it, anyone can build it!""
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Decepticon Stryker wrote:The Megatron and Optimus set looks cool, the Junkion set I'll most likely pass, and the group set looks really expensive... Now if only they had a Platinum edition of all the figures from season 1...

I would like to have the Autobot Heroes set just for Ultra Magnus and Arcee, but where will it be sold?
HBGoo1984
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Flying SUV
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby shajaki » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
I actually like that Rodimus, but they couldn't have picked a worse angle to picture him at. #-o
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
HBGoo1984 wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:The Megatron and Optimus set looks cool, the Junkion set I'll most likely pass, and the group set looks really expensive... Now if only they had a Platinum edition of all the figures from season 1...

I would like to have the Autobot Heroes set just for Ultra Magnus and Arcee, but where will it be sold?

Target, I believe.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
shajaki wrote:I actually like that Rodimus, but they couldn't have picked a worse angle to picture him at. #-o
Oh, yes they could have. ;)

And now I've just ruined this figure for everyone who's never experienced it before. :twisted:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:I actually like that Rodimus, but they couldn't have picked a worse angle to picture him at. #-o

And now I've just ruined this figure for everyone who's never experienced it before. :twisted:

Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby X3ROhour » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
:shock:
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Gunmetal » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:I wouldn't mind a Unicron that's larger, but the price point might be a bit higher than anticipated since it's not using the city-mode molds I think? I know I read somewhere that Fort Max and MetroPlex use some of the same tooling/molding. Please correct me if I misunderstood or am misinformed.

That's a bit of an interesting point, they are retools of each other, but that shouldn't have had an impact on the price, as Trypticon, Scorponok, and Omega Supreme are likely to be all new molds, and Dev's was also a new mold, so, clearly, being a retool did nothing but increase hasbro's profits on the Fort Max mold >:oP

Like I said, you guys are probably more experts in this area than me here. So I yield to you guys. I just was kind of applying what I consider "common sense" to the situation here.

It's all good, you did raise a valid point, and I think a lot more people owuld have taken to Fort Max if the msrp was lower - especially since hasbro flat out stated that it's cheaper to remold a figure...

I see what you're saying about lowering the MSRP, but that would make pricing and budgeting impossible on HasTak's end.

Let's say Max is sold for less than Metroplex. That just means that more folks buy Max, who by the way, was only cheaper to design. Manufacturing stays the same. Good luck planning ahead when your big figure (or any figure) varies that much in price and demand from year to year. It's easier to just equalize prices and roll anything leftover in the design budget into future work. Odds are, either Metroplex benefited from such funds or leftover from Fort Max might be put into Trypticon (who will definitely need every dollar he can get). It's not like these savings are going into Brian Goldner's money bin.
Gunmetal
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Randomhero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

... meh? *shrugs* I mean, the backpack's a little hollow, but... whatever.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby durroth » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
not switching to plastic doesn't make alot of sense honestly. It would have made the set cheaper to produce (you know they wouldn't lower the pricepoint, this is hasbro we're talking about), made the figure more stable, and made it so he wasn't stupidly heavy compared to galvatron.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

... meh? *shrugs* I mean, the backpack's a little hollow, but... whatever.

...that's not his backpack, it's his entire body - and the fact that it doesn't exist - and Sabr was wrong, this is the most unflattering photo:

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Black Bumblebee » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:57 pm

I, for one, love my little Titanium Rodimus. I think the engineering is cool, and it holds together just fine. I even have Reprolabels for mine. :-D
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:08 pm

durroth wrote:not switching to plastic doesn't make alot of sense honestly. It would have made the set cheaper to produce (you know they wouldn't lower the pricepoint, this is hasbro we're talking about), made the figure more stable, and made it so he wasn't stupidly heavy compared to galvatron.

It makes perfect sense. The mold was made with diecast in mind. Switching to plastic would require re-engneering the toy to make sure that he still has the same centre of gravity and no stability issues. And die cast isnt as expensive as you think. Platinum predaking was only 100$ and has a ton of die cast.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:14 pm

william-james88 wrote:
durroth wrote:not switching to plastic doesn't make alot of sense honestly. It would have made the set cheaper to produce (you know they wouldn't lower the pricepoint, this is hasbro we're talking about), made the figure more stable, and made it so he wasn't stupidly heavy compared to galvatron.

It makes perfect sense. The mold was made with diecast in mind. Switching to plastic would require re-engneering the toy to make sure that he still has the same centre of gravity and no stability issues. And die cast isnt as expensive as you think. Platinum predaking was only 100$ and has a ton of die cast.

Wouldn't tolerances need to be checked and then - possibly - tweaked too?

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wouldn't tolerances need to be checked and then - possibly - tweaked too?

Changing the material on any reissue would need work and reasearch to be done. It ends up being more costly since you are actually paying designers in the US or Japan to tweak and figure things out. Much cheaper to just give the already done schematics to a southeast asian company knowing exactly what the result will be.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby User897 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Does this mean we will FINALLY get the correct green eyes on Unicron, or are we going for a repeat of the Amazon release with green eyes on the package and red eyes on the toy?
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Hasbro guy 1: Dude, how do we get rid of these Classics Galvatrons?"

Hasbro guy 2: lets tak him and package him with the complete opposite. Where Galvatron is the most reviled figure in one of the our most beloved toyline...

Hasbro guy 1:: He's the most beloved figure of our most reviled toyline.

Hasbro guy 2: Exactly.

Hasbro guy 1: so we sell him in a box with Titanium Rodims Prime, and the aweful-to-decent ration is forever balanced!

Hasbro guy 2: Careful, you're starting to sound likr an executive.

Both: deep,hearty laughter
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
User897 wrote:Does this mean we will FINALLY get the correct green eyes on Unicron, or are we going for a repeat of the Amazon release with green eyes on the package and red eyes on the toy?

Exactly...I would sell my 25th Anniversary version if they were to get this right for once...'nuff said! :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby DR0hNO » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:40 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
I hope he comes out in the Uk,becuse ive got a hunger for a unicron figure.
Till all are done!
DR0hNO
Mini-Con
Watch DR0hNO on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertrion Riot-van
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Skill: 4

Postby BattleConvoy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Please Hasbro UK release this......
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Courage: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 am

Has the UK missed any platinums? I thought TRU released most of em but the problm was the price. Wouldnt surprise me if the price tag on Unicron is 200 pounds.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
wow, did not see that Rodimus pack coming. And the Unicron looks nice, but I think I am going to wait for the titan class version to come out eventually. It has to happen!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:wow, did not see that Rodimus pack coming. And the Unicron looks nice, but I think I am going to wait for the titan class version to come out eventually. It has to happen!

Does it though? I mean, this Unicron is already so phenomenal. The only thing that isn't the best ever is the wings in robot mode, and those can be removed.

It's like the Classics Optimus. They'll be using it forever.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:wow, did not see that Rodimus pack coming. And the Unicron looks nice, but I think I am going to wait for the titan class version to come out eventually. It has to happen!

Does it though? I mean, this Unicron is already so phenomenal. The only thing that isn't the best ever is the wings in robot mode, and those can be removed.

Eh yeah, but I can still see a titan down the line. I mean, this mold is now like 8 inches shorter than metroplex, so I'd hope for something bigger to come along
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:41 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:

Eh yeah, but I can still see a titan down the line. I mean, this mold is now like 8 inches shorter than metroplex, so I'd hope for something bigger to come along

Gonna be waiting 'til 2020 for a possibility :-P

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:

Gonna be waiting 'til 2020 for a possibility :-P

I'm willing to wait :D
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robot Replicas ROTF 2009 210930A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON