This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2016 Generations Platinum sets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have some info on the next Combiner to be released by Hasbro, Liokaiser. Firstly, Robot Kingdom was the first online retailer to list this set, and its price is $109.90. That is the same price as every other Combner Wars box set on their site. Hopefully this indicates that it being sold under the Platinum Subline will have no impact on the price once it is listed in the US (it is rumoured to be an Entertainment Earth Exclusive). The website states it will be available October 2016.

Also, we have lots of in hand images courtesy of a new anonymous source that contacted us. All the images can be seen below. It is far more fitting than one would imagine from the initial impression we got at SDCC.

Let us know what you think and if you plan on getting this toy!

combiner wars liokaiser 005

combiner wars liokaiser 006

combiner wars liokaiser 007

combiner wars liokaiser 008

combiner wars liokaiser 009

combiner wars liokaiser 010

combiner wars liokaiser 011

combiner wars liokaiser 012

combiner wars liokaiser 013

combiner wars liokaiser 014

combiner wars liokaiser 015

combiner wars liokaiser 016

combiner wars liokaiser 017

combiner wars liokaiser 018

combiner wars liokaiser 019

combiner wars liokaiser 020

combiner wars liokaiser 021

combiner wars liokaiser 022

combiner wars liokaiser 023

combiner wars liokaiser 024

combiner wars liokaiser 025

combiner wars liokaiser 026

combiner wars liokaiser 027

combiner wars liokaiser 028

combiner wars liokaiser 029

combiner wars liokaiser 030

combiner wars liokaiser 031

combiner wars liokaiser 032

combiner wars liokaiser 033

combiner wars liokaiser 034

combiner wars liokaiser 035

combiner wars liokaiser 036

combiner wars liokaiser 037

combiner wars liokaiser 038

combiner wars liokaiser 039

combiner wars liokaiser 040

combiner wars liokaiser 041

combiner wars liokaiser 042

combiner wars liokaiser 043

combiner wars liokaiser 044

combiner wars liokaiser 045

combiner wars liokaiser 046

combiner wars liokaiser 047

combiner wars liokaiser 048

combiner wars liokaiser 049

combiner wars liokaiser 050

combiner wars liokaiser 051

combiner wars liokaiser 052

combiner wars liokaiser 053

combiner wars liokaiser 054

combiner wars liokaiser 055

combiner wars liokaiser 056

combiner wars liokaiser 057

combiner wars liokaiser 058

combiner wars liokaiser 059

combiner wars liokaiser 060

combiner wars liokaiser 061

combiner wars liokaiser 062

combiner wars liokaiser 063

combiner wars liokaiser 064

combiner wars liokaiser 065

combiner wars liokaiser 066

combiner wars liokaiser 067

combiner wars liokaiser 068
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby RAR » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:10 pm

I like the Painted/decorated Arms Micron they ought to do a boxed set of those alone.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Those pics actually make me kinda like Dezaras's Ultra Mega Chicken mode.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Those pics actually make me kinda like Dezaras's Ultra Mega Chicken mode.

Me too, the hands/front paws make it look like he is trying to tip-toe, which is absurd and awesome.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Isn't shipping really steep from Robot Kingdom? It's been a while since I ordered from them.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby CommanderShadowmus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Not worth $100,-. I'd only get it if I could get several people to pay for it with me, and make a custom CW Leozack from a Silverbolt/Cyclonus, because Deathsaurus is CRAP.

... and Killbison needs to be show-accurate orange in my eyes.
CommanderShadowmus
Mini-Con
Watch CommanderShadowmus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Those pics actually make me kinda like Dezaras's Ultra Mega Chicken mode.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, hence :

It is far more fitting than one would imagine

RAR wrote:I like the Painted/decorated Arms Micron they ought to do a boxed set of those alone.

I didnt notice it was painted, yeah that would be better than those stickers (they peel easily).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:09 pm

RiddlerJ wrote:Isn't shipping really steep from Robot Kingdom? It's been a while since I ordered from them.

Yes, very much so. If you are in the US, just wait to see what EE will be charging.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 pm

RiddlerJ wrote:Isn't shipping really steep from Robot Kingdom? It's been a while since I ordered from them.

I just ordered Takara Computron from robotkingdom(only place I knew that wasn't out of stock on preorder) and the shipping was $55. Pretty steep and I backed out all through August due to that but I finally caved because I wanted it and I'm considering it my birthday present for me since its in 2 weeks
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Randomhero wrote:

I just ordered Takara Computron from robotkingdom(only place I knew that wasn't out of stock on preorder) and the shipping was $55. Pretty steep and I backed out all through August due to that but I finally caved because I wanted it and I'm considering it my birthday present for me since its in 2 weeks

Can you cancel it? Because this here is a better deal: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/16 ... utron.html

william-james88
News Staff

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
As cool as it looks, I'm still hoping for an announcement of a Takara version with a proper Leozack from the Silverbolt mold.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:20 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Can you cancel it? Because this here is a better deal: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/16 ... utron.html

Nah it shipped Monday. Should be here on Tuesday due to the holiday but I appreciate the advice and I envy guys like you who go order from direct sites like that and I know shouldnt order from robotkingdom tfsource and bbts because the shipping costs are a crime but it's just so easy to go to them because I can't translate stuff at all and I don't dig that hard to find stuff.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:32 pm

WeatherManNX01 wrote:As cool as it looks, I'm still hoping for an announcement of a Takara version with a proper Leozack from the Silverbolt mold.

Maybe I mean it is Takara and let's be honest they don't care. If they make a Liokaiser than they will PROBABLY shell out and make two new figures to make a torso but it will probably be an exclusive and go for the same price as Megatronia which I've heard just by rumors here and there Megatronia is the last United combiner. Like I said rumors here and there.

I'm getting hasbros Liokaiser because I want more decepticon combiners and I can make Dezarous work just fine. I have no attacthement to Deathsarous at all. I have tried for the 3rd time 2 weeks ago to watch victory and still can't get past the 3rd episode. It's just so anime I can't get into it because I'm not into anime.

I've considered Megatronia because I want more con combiners. I was just going to consider them my own version of the DJD because they're unique yet uniform but I have Victorion and I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner and Megatronia would just be black convoy of Victorion and the price of Megatronia is awful.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Curious, what's your favourite combiner and why do you like Victorion that much?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Kurona wrote:

Curious, what's your favourite combiner and why do you like Victorion that much?

Bruticus. Bruticus has been my favorite combiner since I saw Starscreams Brigade when I was little.

I like Victorion because of the personality she's been given in the comics and I actually enjoy her colors and the symmetry of having two coptors and two cars as limbs. She's fun. I leapt on her once I saw she was instock online and it's cool to have a new scramble city combiner. I really like it when we get new characters in G1.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Bruticus. Bruticus has been my favorite combiner since I saw Starscreams Brigade when I was little.

I like Victorion because of the personality she's been given in the comics and I actually enjoy her colors and the symmetry of having two coptors and two cars as limbs. She's fun. I leapt on her once I saw she was instock online and it's cool to have a new scramble city combiner. I really like it when we get new characters in G1.

Wish I could add something to this but I can't because I agree with every point ;)^
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Wish I could add something to this but I can't because I agree with every point ;)^

Yeah she's so cool. I get really frustrated when Victorion gets raged on, especially by the armchair critics who don't even own her and crap on her just from photos. I love moonbase2 podcast but their most recent podcast they refer to her as "S#%+ Victorion" half a dozen times and they admit they don't own her. In hand she's pretty cool, looks great next to the other Autobot Combiners especially based on the fact she's not a cybertron in combiner and it's pretty neat to have a female combiner team. She's not perfect but there is no such thing as a perfect toy.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Yeah she's so cool. I get really frustrated when Victorion gets raged on, especially by the armchair critics who don't even own her and crap on her just from photos. I love moonbase2 podcast but their most recent podcast they refer to her as "S#%+ Victorion" half a dozen times and they admit they don't own her. In hand she's pretty cool, looks great next to the other Autobot Combiners especially based on the fact she's not a cybertron in combiner and it's pretty neat to have a female combiner team. She's not perfect but there is no such thing as a perfect toy.

I go back and forth on Victorion. I'm tempted but I already have too many Autobot combiners and the color scheme isn't working for me. I might spring for Megatronia if I can find a good price.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:55 pm

RiddlerJ wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

I go back and forth on Victorion. I'm tempted but I already have too many Autobot combiners and the color scheme isn't working for me. I might spring for Megatronia if I can find a good price.

Victorions colors are a lot better in person. when separated they're not great, I'll admit, they look like the constructicons and I don't care what anyone says, the constructicons are hideous but I love them because I grew up with them and while no one will ever admit it, if the torchbearers came out in the 80s no one would complain. Combined though, like the constructicons again, she looks awesome.

I do agree we got way too many autobot Combiners. It's nice they managed to get everyone from G1 almost except predaking and Abominus and some new Combiners like Sky Reign and The optimus Combiners and yes Devastator is awesome but we only got 2 scramble city Decepticons and a Cyclonus torso. I really wanted Grand Galvatron for that reason and that's by I'm excited for Liokaiser. I would have been really happen with a new Decepticon team even if they were like grand Galvatron or Megatronia and we're just repaint.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:58 pm

To be fair, in G1 there were too many Decepticon combiners. The Autobots had Superion, Defensor and Computron while the Decepticons got seven of the damn things. Seven.

So this does at least even things out a little bit. Plus we all know the reason we didn't get those combiners this time round is because they're beasts which you just cannot make from the vehicle molds - and you needed those vehicle molds because all pre-1987 combiners (ie the ones people care about most) are made of vehicles.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:04 pm

I wonder how hard/expensive it'll be to get *just* Deathsaurus (or whatever his name is)...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Kurona wrote:To be fair, in G1 there were too many Decepticon combiners. The Autobots had Superion, Defensor and Computron while the Decepticons got seven of the damn things. Seven.

So this does at least even things out a little bit. Plus we all know the reason we didn't get those combiners this time round is because they're beasts which you just cannot make from the vehicle molds - and you needed those vehicle molds because all pre-1987 combiners (ie the ones people care about most) are made of vehicles.

That's why I always enjoyed the Decepticons having more Combiners. Back then the autobots always outnumbered the Decepticons. Even back in 84 you had all the autobot cars like jazz, Ironhide ratchet etc which consisted of 11 all together and the minibots which had 6. The 84 cons were Megs, soundwave, his caskets and 3jets. Autobots have always outnumbered them -mostly because Decepticons are more or were suppose to be more dangerous than the autobots- so getting many Combiners always felt like they were evening the playin field. The autobots always had numbers but the Decepticons had Gestalts.

That's been my argument for a year and half now. I never expected Predaking or Abominus because like you said you can't really repaint them to anything appealing, I know that's how some feel about half of combiner wars because we got a lot of retools and repaints but for me they all worked. I never looked at alpha bravo and said that's just a recolored Vortex or slingshot as a white firefly. They are all the characters they're intended not to be. According to some Hasbro says they're working on predaking and Abominus but ill believe but when I see it. We had a lot of concepts get abandoned and many figured never released so we'll see but I'm not waiting for me to happen.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:I wonder how hard/expensive it'll be to get *just* Deathsaurus (or whatever his name is)...

Probably just worth buying he whole set then hoping someone will sell it separate. Obviously people will but I wouldn't say less than $50-$75
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:To be fair, in G1 there were too many Decepticon combiners. The Autobots had Superion, Defensor and Computron while the Decepticons got seven of the damn things. Seven.

That's why I always enjoyed the Decepticons having more Combiners. Back then the autobots always outnumbered the Decepticons. Even back in 84 you had all the autobot cars like jazz, Ironhide ratchet etc which consisted of 11 all together and the minibots which had 6. The 84 cons were Megs, soundwave, his caskets and 3jets. Autobots have always outnumbered them -mostly because Decepticons are more or were suppose to be more dangerous than the autobots- so getting many Combiners always felt like they were evening the playin field. The autobots always had numbers but the Decepticons had Gestalts.

But, you're forgetting about the 16 reflectors and 6,000 Insecticons... :-s
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Randomhero wrote:

That's been my argument for a year and half now. I never expected Predaking or Abominus because like you said you can't really repaint them to anything appealing, I know that's how some feel about half of combiner wars because we got a lot of retools and repaints but for me they all worked. I never looked at alpha bravo and said that's just a recolored Vortex or slingshot as a white firefly. They are all the characters they're intended not to be. According to some Hasbro says they're working on predaking and Abominus but ill believe but when I see it. We had a lot of concepts get abandoned and many figured never released so we'll see but I'm not waiting for me to happen.

You could easily get some repaints/retools out of the beasts really. Razorclaw into Leobreaker or Leo Prime for instance; Headstrong and Tantrum could share a mold; Cutthroat could actually make a pretty good Laserbeak and Buzzsaw if you wanna go crazy and make a Cassette combiner.

I do agree with your former paragraph tho. Especially considering Combiners add on like 5 troops to the army - though in later years (basically 1987 onwards) the Autobot and Decepticons ranks generally started to even out.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr R 1:25 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240122 2R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230206 1C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210225 1A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr L 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240116 2L (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240105 2A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZE Blank Authentix (Orange) Dynamite Comics DEC237141 1ZE"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240123 2S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON