The D-Max Den

Share photos of your Transformers collection here in this dedicated forum to showcase our collections.

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Cobotron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I take it all back, we are ALL going to hell.

But at least we'll all know somebody.
At least it will be a huge party!

I wonder if we can bring our toys with us?

If not, I will certainly go on a RAMPAGE!

See what I did there?

Decepticon figure of the line so far in my opinion, this guy is better than a Whiskey Sour made at the Hitching Post

Image
Image
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby carytheone » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
Cobotron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I take it all back, we are ALL going to hell.

But at least we'll all know somebody.
At least it will be a huge party!

I wonder if we can bring our toys with us?
Yes, but you'll be forced to watch them all melt.
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8057
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I take it all back, we are ALL going to hell.

But at least we'll all know somebody.
At least it will be a huge party!

I wonder if we can bring our toys with us?
Yes, but you'll be forced to watch them all melt.

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Take that nightmare fuel outta here!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
This guy is simply a really really REALLY fun toy. Rampage is a great figure, and if you try out 1 Decepticon from Studio Series, this guy to me is definitely the con to try!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:12 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Heh. An interesting contrast in our tastes. I find Rampage to be a good, but boring figure, and MPBW Megatron is an insane amount if fun for me. Pretty much the opposite if you.


I do love seeing the joy and fun you have with your toys though, it warms my dusty heart!
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4261
News Credits: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Ironhidensh wrote:Heh. An interesting contrast in our tastes. I find Rampage to be a good, but boring figure, and MPBW Megatron is an insane amount if fun for me. Pretty much the opposite if you.


I do love seeing the joy and fun you have with your toys though, it warms my dusty heart!

i think I'll have more fun with Megatron when I get to him. I have been enjoying the studio bros so much and the worry of the breaking of Megs has be hesitant with him.

I imagine if I get to him and he doesn't break, I will greatly enjoy it. Just need to get there.

On the Studio note, I give to you a really nice update to MY G1 Optimus Prime! I didn't have a voyager mold of him in this form, so this is a really nice figure. So glad I got him!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Yeah, I like him much better than the first SS Voyager Prime. Have you combined him with Jetfire yet? I haven't, as I like Jetfire in his own form so much, but I want to get to it one of these days.
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4261
News Credits: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, I like him much better than the first SS Voyager Prime. Have you combined him with Jetfire yet? I haven't, as I like Jetfire in his own form so much, but I want to get to it one of these days.

I have! Did it first last night and again tonight. He's going combined with me tomorrow to work, I think it's much better than the original. Very posable and really nice looking. Big gun could have used some ratchets instead of friction joints though in the arms and such.

I think I will keep them separated most of the time since my OG RotF one will remain combined, but I don't mind combining them either.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:40 pm

What surprises me most of your observation of Megatron's transformation D-Max is that unlike almost all of us, it was entirely new for you. And still it didn't do much. Maybe its because fans of the original's transformation were impressed with how they evolved it to have better proportions and more accuracy but still being faithful (kinda like MP01 to MP10 where MP10 is an evolution and refinement of MP01's transformation).

But hey, I am glad you like Rampage. he was finally spotted in quebec, so I am on the hunt for him and his wavemate.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24294
News Credits: 2344
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:What surprises me most of your observation of Megatron's transformation D-Max is that unlike almost all of us, it was entirely new for you. And still it didn't do much. Maybe its because fans of the original's transformation were impressed with how they evolved it to have better proportions and more accuracy but still being faithful (kinda like MP01 to MP10 where MP10 is an evolution and refinement of MP01's transformation).

But hey, I am glad you like Rampage. he was finally spotted in quebec, so I am on the hunt for him and his wavemate.

It's not the transformation that's the problem. I've only done it once one way, but it wasn't bad. It had some scary moments, but it wasn't bad. It just doesn't feel like I was expecting, with the panel heavy back, the fragile and tough to move parts, and he doesn't feel like he should have cost more than Dinobot. I was more impressed with the exploding raptor than him.

In all 100% honesty, if it weren't for Paypal taking forever to update to allow me to accept money to my account, I probably would have listed him for sale and pursued the Takara Transmetal. But I will mess with him more this week, but the breaking issue that is pretty much not preventable means he is a figure I cannot mess with, and that is not how I role, at all.

Anyways, on from the downers...

Last Monday, I opened 3 Studio Series voyagers. All 3 are incredible. This is one of the best hauls I have gotten in a while. All 3 are rockstars!

So now that you saw Rampage and Prime by himself, have some AWESOME Jetwing Prime shots and some Bonecrusher!!! My favorite Decepticon ever has finally returned, and he hates everything and everyone

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Also caught my limit on the opening day of trout! I'm gonna be having some filleted later this week

Image

Girlfriend got a new puppy, isn't he adorable???

Image
Image
Image

Also, my office cube is now decorated with some germs!

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby carytheone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
Ever grill fish before? Filet those bad boys and leave the skin/scales on. Grill scales down. Season however you like. The meat will just flake right off.

I recommend considering grilled fish tacos.
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8057
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
carytheone wrote:Ever grill fish before? Filet those bad boys and leave the skin/scales on. Grill scales down. Season however you like. The meat will just flake right off.

I recommend considering grilled fish tacos.

I never have but I'm about to.

They are all filleted up, though the scales are gone. Gonna use some oil, garlic, and onion powder spices. Looking forward to it!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby carytheone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:Ever grill fish before? Filet those bad boys and leave the skin/scales on. Grill scales down. Season however you like. The meat will just flake right off.

I recommend considering grilled fish tacos.

I never have but I'm about to.

They are all filleted up, though the scales are gone. Gonna use some oil, garlic, and onion powder spices. Looking forward to it!
Might want to use something to hold the fish as it tends to fall apart and through the grill. I have no experience with trout though. There are things for fish, I hear there are some wood blocks that can be used (soaked in water), I've seen salt bricks used and sounds amazing, cast iron is a great grilling tool.

Anything that can handle the heat and you don't mind scorching up.

The skin holds it together and the scales protect from the heat.

I also like to cook veggies in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Honestly, there isn't much I haven't grilled or smoked 8-)

Good luck and I expect pics in that other thread ;)^
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8057
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:Ever grill fish before? Filet those bad boys and leave the skin/scales on. Grill scales down. Season however you like. The meat will just flake right off.

I recommend considering grilled fish tacos.

I never have but I'm about to.

They are all filleted up, though the scales are gone. Gonna use some oil, garlic, and onion powder spices. Looking forward to it!
Might want to use something to hold the fish as it tends to fall apart and through the grill. I have no experience with trout though. There are things for fish, I hear there are some wood blocks that can be used (soaked in water), I've seen salt bricks used and sounds amazing, cast iron is a great grilling tool.

Anything that can handle the heat and you don't mind scorching up.

The skin holds it together and the scales protect from the heat.

I also like to cook veggies in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Honestly, there isn't much I haven't grilled or smoked 8-)

Good luck and I expect pics in that other thread ;)^

Thanks for the advice!

The plan is to wrap the fish in foil and bake it within the foil, a lot like how you make potatoes in a fire. I'll be taking some pics of the hopefully good final product!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The D-Max Den

Postby carytheone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:Ever grill fish before? Filet those bad boys and leave the skin/scales on. Grill scales down. Season however you like. The meat will just flake right off.

I recommend considering grilled fish tacos.

I never have but I'm about to.

They are all filleted up, though the scales are gone. Gonna use some oil, garlic, and onion powder spices. Looking forward to it!
Might want to use something to hold the fish as it tends to fall apart and through the grill. I have no experience with trout though. There are things for fish, I hear there are some wood blocks that can be used (soaked in water), I've seen salt bricks used and sounds amazing, cast iron is a great grilling tool.

Anything that can handle the heat and you don't mind scorching up.

The skin holds it together and the scales protect from the heat.

I also like to cook veggies in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Honestly, there isn't much I haven't grilled or smoked 8-)

Good luck and I expect pics in that other thread ;)^
Thanks for the advice!

The plan is to wrap the fish in foil and bake it within the foil, a lot like how you make potatoes in a fire. I'll be taking some pics of the hopefully good final product!
NP and good plan. I wrap a lot of things in foil, but usually veggies. Brussell sprouts and asparagus are especially good that way. For longer to cook veggies or mixed meat that takes longer like chicken, I put them on first then add the other items so everything comes off at the same time.

Try fresh corn on the cob in husk. Trim the hair off and soak them in water for 20-30 minutes. They do take a while to cook and look like hell warmed over, but corn off the grill is so good. The trick is to cut the stalk part off far enough that you can grab the corn by the hair and practically squeeze them out. Then add butter or salt or what ever. Or just wrap bare corn in foil with salt, pepper and butter.

One last foil trick I like to use (otherwise we'll be here all night). Let's talk pork loin! This is what I do. Get the grill good and hot on both sides, season the loin however you like and sear it on all around for like 5 minutes on each side. Then wrap it in foil, add a little apple juice or what ever liquid you like. You have gas, so if possible shut one side off or turn down the heat (I move the charcoal to the other side) and cook it for an additional 20-30 minutes depending on the size.

You can also cook your veggies at what ever time they need to be done at the same time.

This will give you all those grill marks and smoke flavor, but the loin will be tender and juicy at the same time.

Ask me about falling off the bone BBQ chicken one day - that's probably my specialty (don't tell anyone this, but it's real easy).

Oh one last thing, if possible always let your meat come to room temperature. Cooks faster and evenly.

I would say I'm happy it's grilling season, but it's grilling season year round. 8-)
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8057
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Previous

Return to Share Your Transformers Collection

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Shrapnel Bombshell & Kickback Legends Insecticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return LOT Of 5 Blurr Hot Rod Kup arcee perceptor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Medix The Docbot Action Figure 3-7 Age" on EBAY
Buy "Fortress Maximus Transformers Legends LG31 Total Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Leader class rare MISB" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Perfect Effect PC14 PC-14 Transformers Fortress Maximus The Titans Cannon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Chromedome Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup Complete w/ Targetmaster Upgrade" on EBAY