This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro and DMG Opening 'Transformers Live' Attraction in China

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro and DMG Opening 'Transformers Live' Attraction in China

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via a piece in The Hollywood Reporter, we have some news concerning the creation of a new live Transformers attraction/show, set to arrive in China by 2017. Transformers Live will be a 'cross between an action-adventure spectacle, a theme park attraction and a theatrical show' - you can read more about it below, or head here for the full article!

Optimus Prime and his band of Autobots are set to assemble in the real world — in China.

DMG Entertainment, the China-U.S.-based movie studio and co-producer of Point Break and Iron Man 3, has reached a deal with Hasbro to create Transformers Live. The robotics spectacle, expected to debut in an undisclosed Chinese city in 2017, will be the world's first live-action attraction featuring the toy brand's iconic characters.

The show will be produced by S2BN Entertainment, the live entertainment company behind Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, The Marvel Experience and Rock of Ages.

“Transformers Live will be a cross between an action-adventure spectacle, a theme park attraction and a theatrical show," said Michael Cohl, chairman of S2BN Entertainment, in a statement.

The partners will build a semi-permanent 4,500-capacity venue to house the spectacle, which will deploy a fusion of proprietary robotics technologies, high-tech projection systems and aerial stunt sequences. Sources close to the deal say Beijing is the most likely destination for the show.

"Fans will experience intense action, beautiful visual moments, an emotionally engaging story, lots of humor and rousing music," Cohl added.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Hasbro and DMG Opening 'Transformers Live' Attraction in China

Postby Microraptor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:46 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
But..but..I can't afford a trip to China on a fifteen-year-old's budget!
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The show will be produced by S2BN Entertainment, the live entertainment company behind Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,
Oh dear.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:27 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sabrblade wrote:
The show will be produced by S2BN Entertainment, the live entertainment company behind Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,
Oh dear.

Yup.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:49 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I don't live in China, nor can afford to go to China. :/
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 am

As of now, the best TF live performance shows that have happened at theme parks have been the opening ceremonies for the TF ride in both Hollywood and Orlando.

The latter one even got an air stunt squadron, the Black Diamond Jet Team, to take part in the performance as a N.E.S.T. squadron in the "battle" against the unseen Decepticons that took part during the Orlando opening ceremony.

Which reminds me, I need to get around making Wiki articles for those two performances.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby LegendaryAntiHero » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Cool. I don't live in China but this sounds great. And I look forward to that other event at universal studios
Like More than Meets the Eye on Facebook
Please sub to my Youtube for Transformers video reviews
http://www.youtube.com/LegendaryAntiHero
LegendaryAntiHero
Pretender
Watch LegendaryAntiHero on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm

LegendaryAntiHero wrote:And I look forward to that other event at universal studios
Which other event? Image

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #71 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM415 71A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #76 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM471 76C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr H 1:50 Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1H Spawn (CA) Capullo"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #59 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JAN230300 59C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 APR210166 12B (W) Kirkman (CA) Quitely"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230224 22B (CA) Glapion"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1C Spawn (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr C TWD 20th Annv Image Comics 2023 0823IM448 23C (CA) Segovia"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TEN THOUSAND BLACK FEATHERS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220010 1B (CA) Ward"
TEN THOUSAND BLACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #73 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM316 73B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr G DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223274 1G (CA) Lee"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON