IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I want Soundwave and Galvatron to fight by the end of this. Soundwave wants and needs to kick is tailpipe :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Windsweeper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 am

Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?
Windsweeper
Godmaster
Posts: 1697
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?


My new favorite.
User avatar
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: Avengers Tower
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?

Twirl.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Bounti76 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?

Twirl.


Except that there's already a Decepticon named Twirl, but she hasn't shown up yet in IDW continuity. ;)
User avatar
Bounti76
News Staff
Posts: 1369
News Credits: 336
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Bounti76 wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?

Twirl.


Except that there's already a Decepticon named Twirl, but she hasn't shown up yet in IDW continuity. ;)
I was about to call you out on that "Decepticon" jibber jabber BS, but then I looked up Twirl just to be sure my memory wasn't completely gone and I see that some stupid mobile game decided Linkage Mini-cons need factions. :SICK:
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5395
News Credits: 605
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
ScottyP wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?

Twirl.


Except that there's already a Decepticon named Twirl, but she hasn't shown up yet in IDW continuity. ;)
I was about to call you out on that "Decepticon" jibber jabber BS, but then I looked up Twirl just to be sure my memory wasn't completely gone and I see that some stupid mobile game decided Linkage Mini-cons need factions. :SICK:

So, it'sssssssss...Swirl? Swirl.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Who is the Decepticon with the Whirl like head?

Twirl.


Except that there's already a Decepticon named Twirl, but she hasn't shown up yet in IDW continuity. ;)
I was about to call you out on that "Decepticon" jibber jabber BS, but then I looked up Twirl just to be sure my memory wasn't completely gone and I see that some stupid mobile game decided Linkage Mini-cons need factions. :SICK:

So, it'sssssssss...Swirl? Swirl.

Just think about what you have done. Do you really want to try to open up another can of horrid worms without knowing it again?? :-P :lol:

I didn't even know there was a Twirl until that. Wow. Definitely not her though! maybe Shockwave Jr. :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I didn't even know there was a Twirl until that. Wow. Definitely not her though!
I didn't see that bot in the comic acting like Elle Woods, so yes, definitely not Twirl.

Not even kidding a little. Honest.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5395
News Credits: 605
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

John Barber on IDW The Transformers #50

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:24 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Gearing up to our own review of the massive issue #50 of The Transformers from IDW Publishing, take a look at the thoughts of its writer - John Barber - in this interview conducted with Newsarama on the eve of the book's release!

IDW looks to be setting up a major change to the status quo of its Transformers line, as longtime series writer John Barber and artist Andrew Griffith begins the "All Hail Optimus" arc.

But the battle lines are more than just Autobots vs. Decepticons, as different factions emerge against Optimus, Galvatron and Starscream... and that's not even including the humans of Earth, which as you can imagine might have issues with Optimus Prime annexing Earth.

[...]

Barber: At the start of the series, Galvatron is poised to wreak havoc on the Earth with an army of disaffected Decepticons. This isn’t the first time the Earth’s been in this dangerous position—among other things, Earth’s useful to the Transformers because it has this substance called Ore-13 which can be converted to energon, their lifeblood. Optimus has tried battling on Earth to defend it; he’s tried leaving Earth behind to keep it out of the Cybertronian’s war. Neither of those really worked. So now, he’s looking at Earth and seeing the Decepticons striking again, and he’s seeing there are people starving on Earth and people being disenfranchised in many ways.
"Transformers #50" preview
[Pin It] CREDIT: IDW Publishing
View full size image

And Optimus’ motto has always been, “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.” It’s pointed out to him that he could act to make the people of Earth more free… and free from this eons-long Cybertronian war, that—while it’s technically over—is still endangering the planet.

So he decides to annex Earth into Cybertron’s council of worlds. Whether Earth wants to come or not; and whether the council wants Earth or not. He’s going to pull Earth into the cosmic community and try to improve life on the planet.

So, yeah—a lot of his friends see this as… not a good move. I think all of his enemies see this as bad. But Optimus has loyal allies, plus followers who view him as a messianic figure for being a Prime, and carrying (what’s left of) the Matrix of Leadership. Optimus has been unwilling to use that good will to his advantage… until now.

[...]

Nrama: Last question -- Transformers #50 looks to be extra-sized. Overall, what should fans expect?

Barber: There’s a 30-page story by me and Andrew, then Casey W. Coller drew a 10-pager that deals with the fallout. Plus some rambling reminisces by me. And some nice special guest covers, by Jonathan Hickman and Mike Choi and our regular gang of Transformers superstars like Andrew Griffith, Casey W. Coller, and Alex Milne.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

IDW The Transformers #50 Review

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ALL HAIL OPTIMUS
(Spoiler free-ish)



Synopsis
ALL HAIL OPTIMUS—PART 1! Backed by an army of zealous followers, OPTIMUS PRIME declares Earth to be a part of CYBERTRON’S Council of Worlds—and the DECEPTICONS and the people of Earth don’t won’t take it laying down! The story starts here, but the repercussions will last forever.

Image
Windblade, trying


Story

Fifty issues. Think about that. Fifty. That's over half the original Marvel US run. And this is but one part of the wider TF universe running over at IDW. What John Barber, with the other creators, have done, is impressive. And what he brings to the table this month, even after the weirdly disappointing issue last time, is equally impressive, and a testament to the world-building that has taken place up to this point.

Image
Plus, Bob and Buster are here


Overall, I really enjoyed the issue. While we may have seen a lot of Optimus' introspection of recent (and since DOOP, to be honest) the new turn in the story allows for that to be externalised in such a way that it actually affects the wider universe - and perhaps most importantly, the characters who inhabit it. Things are changing, and changing drastically and swiftly, by the looks of it.

Image
Er.. ok.


I will get the 'negative' thoughts about the issue out of the way, too, as it mostly has to do with the latter part of the issue and the overall length - and I'm taking cues from fellow staffer ScottyP here, too: the pacing is something to behold, until we hit the Spike Witwicky bump. Again. We do not like Spike, we are not supposed to, but he's made to be some sort of necessary prick evil for the series and human-Cybertronian relations (not always in the most diplomatic of ways). I like how much I dislike him, but.. I still dislike him, and his arc throws a lot of things off.

Image
Just shut up, will you


That said, the human (more or less, in some cases) factor in the issue is well developed, and coming in as late as it does, plus the afterstory, it helps to show the at least two sides of where the story might go from here. Humans are no longer just that, just as Cybertronians are no longer just aliens - and the ramifications, from a socio-political and narrative perspective, are fascinating.

Art

The art side of things is really interesting, with Andrew Griffith, the first artist, taking on the majority of the book and its weightier, meatier (metal-ier?) substance. I am still really quite impressed at his take on some of character designs, and the collaboration with Josh Burcham, Josh Perez and JP Bove on the colours brings out the sinister side of some of the action taking place, and helps locate the controversial position of Optimus' decision: practically everyone is weary, worn out, and exhausted. You can feel it.

Image
Seriously exhausted


The coda, of sorts, that Casey Coller offers, is a wonderful addition (with the above proviso about pacing, perhaps) for the human side of things, and a refreshing look with Joana Lafuente's colour work - though maybe with some overly heavy inks by Jamie Snell in places, given Coller's really quite fine pencilwork - at the multiple Cybertronian repercussions of the events on Earth.

Image
Political Power Grab!


All that, as well as Sara Pitre-Durocher's brief stint in what has led up to this point, in the Previously section of the book, wonderfully crisp in its recap. As crisp, of course, as the work that the two letterers bring to the exasperation, adrenaline, frustration, anger, and force of the voices in the book - the effort that Tom B. Long and Chris Mowry put into this is not to be underestimated.

Image
Extra image, because Sara Pitre-Durocher


With the landmark status of the book, we were bound to get a slew of covers, from the main Griffith/Thomas Deer annexation, to the Coller/Bove Optimus triumphant variant, via big shots Jonathan Hickman and Mike Choi's interpretations of the AHO concept - plus, of course, a special Comicave variant by Livio Ramondelli, with a twist on a familiar theme (thumbnailed), and another piece of the Alex Milne/Perez mural.


Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

There are so many very things I have chosen not to talk about in the review, to allow readers to enjoy the experience of one of the most fast-paced, action packed, politically charged, arc-tying, positively tiring, visually enticing pieces of Transformers fiction. As arcs go, the beginning of All Hail Optimus promises very very well, and has managed to bring the conflict and Earth back together in a rather poignant and significant manner. Applause all round for the team, truly.

Image
Optimus Whine is back!


A lot of the things I was thinking about as I read the issue, and as I was writing the review, are pretty much covered in Barber's lovely words at the end of the book. I really do recommend taking some time to look at that afterword - but in case you don't, this part stands out in particular: a comment from Michael Kelly, from Hasbro, as AHO was pitched. 'Make sure these characters are people, and you guys have done it. You wouldn't be able to do a story like this if you hadn't.' Even with all the slips, the stumbled events, the jarring moments in the series, The Transformers have undoubtedly conquered Earth once more - here's to a peaceful coexistence, and productive dialogue with us as readers.

. :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
It really was a good issue and one that had lots of interesting points, some high rises and some good moments.

And how about this: The next issue synopsis says Prime may not be alone in his head. We saw that in this issue when Prime went to the EDC command to get Jazz and the others. He quoted Prowl exactly from the first story arc of season 2 (the whole "no one is there that didn't sign up for this" bit). It looks like the whole reason Prime is doing this and going in this direction is due to a part of Prowl being in his head, and he is affected by it.

Also: Yay Sideswipe lives (somehow, and he always drawn pretty blurry).

And finally: That vision with the Dark Cybertron prophesy being read. That is a bit frightening and interesting
:MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 am

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
You know, I actually felt this was a fairly satisfying issue. I loved the microscope being turned on to the Autobot's and the Decepticon confessions as to what lead them to become Decepticons (course, I feel the same way which is why I throw myself behind the Decepticon banner:-) )
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:06 pm

This issue was amazing. It was a roller coast ride and I'm very please with it. It's an issue that should leave with unease and it it that for me.

I'm really starting to wonder if Optimus may in fact be The Fallen(Megatronus) reincarnated. Before this issue it felt that Optimus may be The Arisen reincarnated but after Galvatron calls Optimus "old friend" and the way he's smiling and his remark on hearing Prime's speech, it's really making me wonder if he's Megatronus reincarnated if they go that route.

the sentinel prime nod was good. It makes me think two things, the real Sentinal Prime has been alive all along and left Cyberton, conquered another work(like said in the issue) and is returning...OR... starscream is going to fabricate Sentinal Prime's return to turn the Prime worshippers on his side by having someone pretending to be Sentinal(little guy being a headmaster impersonating him)

Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ctrlFrequency wrote:You know, I actually felt this was a fairly satisfying issue.


Shock.

Horror.

Awe.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And how about this: The next issue synopsis says Prime may not be alone in his head. We saw that in this issue when Prime went to the EDC command to get Jazz and the others. He quoted Prowl exactly from the first story arc of season 2 (the whole "no one is there that didn't sign up for this" bit). It looks like the whole reason Prime is doing this and going in this direction is due to a part of Prowl being in his head, and he is affected by it.


Well...

Image
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:
Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!

What if.... hang on..... What if the titan on Earth is a titan by the name of Fortess Maximus and that in IDW there are 2 versions of that character! (fits considering headmasters were Nexus' thing and Earth is technically his) :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!

What if.... hang on..... What if the titan on Earth is a titan by the name of Fortess Maximus and that in IDW there are 2 versions of that character! (fits considering headmasters were Nexus' thing and Earth is technically his) :MAXIMAL:


It's possible if they insert City Former fortress maximus, the IDW continuity will call this one Grand Maximus or brave Maximus. Or the could retcon it so that MTMTE Fortress maximus derived his name from the eponymous titan.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:35 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!

What if.... hang on..... What if the titan on Earth is a titan by the name of Fortess Maximus and that in IDW there are 2 versions of that character! (fits considering headmasters were Nexus' thing and Earth is technically his) :MAXIMAL:


It's possible if they insert City Former fortress maximus, the IDW continuity will call this one Grand Maximus or brave Maximus. Or the could retcon it so that MTMTE Fortress maximus derived his name from the eponymous titan.


Or it's just a generic Titan.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Va'al wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:You know, I actually felt this was a fairly satisfying issue.


Shock.

Horror.

Awe.


*sarcasm detectors on full alert*
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ctrlFrequency wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:You know, I actually felt this was a fairly satisfying issue.


Shock.

Horror.

Awe.


*sarcasm detectors on full alert*


Your detectors must be faulty.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!

What if.... hang on..... What if the titan on Earth is a titan by the name of Fortess Maximus and that in IDW there are 2 versions of that character! (fits considering headmasters were Nexus' thing and Earth is technically his) :MAXIMAL:


It's possible if they insert City Former fortress maximus, the IDW continuity will call this one Grand Maximus or brave Maximus. Or the could retcon it so that MTMTE Fortress maximus derived his name from the eponymous titan.


Or it's just a generic Titan.

I'd personally find it better if it were a Fort Max. I really don't see how any of the MTMTE characters could fit into TR nor could I really see all those characters actually becoming headmasters either, and I don't know how Fort Max could be pulled over, given a massive upgrade and all that to become the city fort Max. And a generic titan is a bit easier to write off and I'd prefer one with a name and especially one with a name we know. Plus, considering the name crossovers, it isn't too hard to see that there is an ancient titan and a war-born autobot that share the same name :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:45 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Also I WAS RIGHT! I called it over a year ago! Earth is a colony world! Or was lol. It proves my long theory that if there's a Titan than there is/was an Ore and if there's an Ore than there is/was a titan!

What if.... hang on..... What if the titan on Earth is a titan by the name of Fortess Maximus and that in IDW there are 2 versions of that character! (fits considering headmasters were Nexus' thing and Earth is technically his) :MAXIMAL:


It's possible if they insert City Former fortress maximus, the IDW continuity will call this one Grand Maximus or brave Maximus. Or the could retcon it so that MTMTE Fortress maximus derived his name from the eponymous titan.


Or it's just a generic Titan.

I'd personally find it better if it were a Fort Max. I really don't see how any of the MTMTE characters could fit into TR nor could I really see all those characters actually becoming headmasters either, and I don't know how Fort Max could be pulled over, given a massive upgrade and all that to become the city fort Max. And a generic titan is a bit easier to write off and I'd prefer one with a name and especially one with a name we know. Plus, considering the name crossovers, it isn't too hard to see that there is an ancient titan and a war-born autobot that share the same name :MAXIMAL:


Look at the Necro-Titan. That was just a generic and now he's someone that remembered. IDW also said MTMTE won't be involved directly with Titans Return but aspects will be explored not unlike how the Ammonites were introduced or the Titans space bridge background was brought up in Remain in Light.

I'm not saying Fort Max won't be involved in Titans Return, his base of operations is a moon with mountains of Titan corpses so there's leg room to make him a Titan but I don't believe that Titan breaking out of the ground on Earth is fort max.

There is that picture by Livio from SDDC of I believe of sentinel with 3 Titans behind him. All three cant be Max, they're generics. My money is the Titan erupting from Earth is just a generic. Hell, it could actually be Metrotitan. The Decepticon repaint of Metroplex. We all were expecting the Necro-Titan to be him but it wasn't.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Fair point. I'm reasoning with the toyline and the titan being a headmaster since it was Nexus. Now if it is a whole new titan, that would be cool. either way: a titan sitting under the desert for millenium is something not seen coming (well, except by you ;) ) :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Fair point. I'm reasoning with the toyline and the titan being a headmaster since it was Nexus. Now if it is a whole new titan, that would be cool. either way: a titan sitting under the desert for millenium is something not seen coming (well, except by you ;) ) :MAXIMAL:


Well they don't have to include everyone from the line. Hardhead is dead, Scourge is dead, brainstorm, Chromedome, Blaster, highbrow(no confirmed or rumored toy but still) are all on the lost light. By now I think we can conclude that the comic tie in is just for fun.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW The Transformers #50 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Fair point. I'm reasoning with the toyline and the titan being a headmaster since it was Nexus. Now if it is a whole new titan, that would be cool. either way: a titan sitting under the desert for millenium is something not seen coming (well, except by you ;) ) :MAXIMAL:


Well they don't have to include everyone from the line. Hardhead is dead, Scourge is dead, brainstorm, Chromedome, Blaster, highbrow(no confirmed or rumored toy but still) are all on the lost light. By now I think we can conclude that the comic tie in is just for fun.


Oh I'm not saying that it has to follow that comics. I know that it can't at times and that the comics are just for fun. But they have done some stuff to include lots of the toys, such as Starscreams new body and then the Optimus combiner (which made sense story wise anyway and did work considering those characters's histories together). So it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that. :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21380
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
Twincast / Podcast #292:
"Planet of Junk"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "New Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War For Cybertron WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Super7 ReAction Figures Transformers Gold Armor Bumblebee Goldbug" on EBAY
Buy "3rd Party FansProject Function-X1 CODE (Not Transformers Headmasters Chromedome)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Age Of Extinction Legion - Stinger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot of Parts - Tigerhawk Cheeror Highbrow Skydrive Starscream etc." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Lockdown MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return  Lot: Wierdwolf, Mindwipe, Skullsmasher" on EBAY