This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Mark Bellomo's The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures Pre-Order

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Mark Bellomo's The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures Pre-Order

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Mark Bellomo, who has officially worked for Hasbro and IDW - for the latter, he edits and annotates the reprints and collections of the Marvel US Classics comics - has also released a number of book to do with the toy collecting side of the Transformers fandom. Most recently, he has prepared The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures Paperback, which is due this July 5, and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com. If vintage toys are your thing, and you'd like the opinion of a long-standing collector on some of the earlier robots, this might just be your cup of Energon tea!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Mark Bellomo's The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures Pre-Order

Postby Amelie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Nice to see the thin-nosed G1 Prime gun for a change. Not extending Megatron's cannon arm, however - *shakes head* :-D

Totally getting this as a birthday prezzie next month :)
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Mark Bellomo's The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures Pre-Order

Postby Viollustre » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:12 am

Bellomo's Transformers: Identification and Price Guide remains a holy grail of mine. Since I could not afford any actual vintage G1 TFs, the next best thing was the book containing every single one of them! The clean images and witty commentary really translated that nostalgic feeling of collecting the 80s originals to younger fans of the franchise.

If this could match up to his previous work, as well as mention the IDW canon, I'd be tickled pink!
Viollustre
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Is this an official guidebook published under license by Hasbro, or another unofficial one?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:43 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:Is this an official guidebook published under license by Hasbro, or another unofficial one?

I'm thinking if it were official it would be "the Official Guide" instead of "the Ultimate Guide". Probably use an official logo, too.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Is this an official guidebook published under license by Hasbro, or another unofficial one?

I'm thinking if it were official it would be "the Official Guide" instead of "the Ultimate Guide". Probably use an official logo, too.

Emerje
Simon Furman's "Transformers: The Ultimate Guide" was official.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ratbat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Motto: "The road is my dinner plate."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
In December, I placed my order (via Amazon.com) for The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Transformers Action Figures (scheduled to be released in July). :D :D :D :D :D
Ratbat
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby Emerje » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Sure, maybe the title alone isn't enough indication, but there was no question of that being official being a DK book with official logo.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:35 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Sure, maybe the title alone isn't enough indication, but there was no question of that being official being a DK book with official logo.

Emerje
Hence my asking if this one is official or unofficial, since it isn't as obvious and since Bellomo has done both official and unofficial TF works.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Hence my asking if this one is official or unofficial, since it isn't as obvious and since Bellomo has done both official and unofficial TF works.

He did, what, one official art book and around a dozen unofficial price guides including two other Transformers books. I really doubt this one is any different.

Still going to say the logo is the biggest giveaway. While unofficial books will use official and unofficial title fonts, it's unlikely an official Hasbro book would use an unofficial font like that.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hence my asking if this one is official or unofficial, since it isn't as obvious and since Bellomo has done both official and unofficial TF works.

He did, what, one official art book and around a dozen unofficial price guides including two other Transformers books. I really doubt this one is any different.
He contributed to every single volume of IDW's reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:25 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:

He contributed to every single volume of IDW's reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

That's great, but that's also considerably different work from the dozen or so unofficial guide books he's written.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON