This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Sun May 14, 2017 7:08 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I really do love how the Titans have such visual variety; they're not just all recolours of Metroplex.

Which, naturally, does make me wonder about Metrotitan... especially as I just read All Hail Optimus. Again. Damn that story's underrated.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Randomhero » Sun May 14, 2017 7:26 am

The original idea was that they all did look like metroplex. Metroplex, metrotitan, the necrotitan, all the ones that were scene in Remain in light, about twelve or more seen in the annual they all shared the same body type.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ScottyP » Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:The original idea was that they all did look like metroplex. Metroplex, metrotitan, the necrotitan, all the ones that were scene in Remain in light, about twelve or more seen in the annual they all shared the same body type.

This is where the info creep over time lends to the myths. The Metrotitan style Titans = Those of the Guiding Hand/Knights of Cybertrons. Viglem is of a cadre that belonged to the Thirteen Primes. How those actually converge, if they do at all (Metroplex being Alpha Trion's Titan?), is something I look forward to reading later on!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Postby Va'al » Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In other IDW Publishing news, and more squarely in the Transformers field, Till All Are One reaches its tenth issue this Wednesday, featuring the continuation of the new story arc, and the return of Blast Off and the Combaticons! Plus, Beast Wars meets Transformers: Prime, in the new character introduction...

Pop back after the book's release for a Seibertron.com review, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers: Till All Are One #10
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
As Starscream faces down the encroaching machinations of Elita One, he enlists Blast Off to help him bring Bruticus back!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
Variant cover by Marcelo Matere!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bounti76 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:31 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I knew IDW Airachnid would be connected to Eukaris. I wonder who the other spider-bot standing with Blackarachnia is.

Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby grimlockprime108 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:45 am

I think the other spider is based McDonald's transmetal blackarachnia toy.you know if it had been cool and not a lump
Follow me on Twitter for Amazon giveaways and updates on my latest customs.
http://grimlockprime108.tumblr.com/
grimlockprime108
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from grimlockprime108 on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Bounti76 wrote:Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:

Snap. I came here to say the exact same thing! :D
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby LE0KING » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 am

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I don't care if it's Hasbro, third party, or some guy in his mom's basement, someone give me a good airachnid toy! :-(
LE0KING
Vehicon
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 am

Looks more like a spider version of Antagony but it doesn't matter, probably just an Easter egg of someone who won't show up again.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue May 30, 2017 7:14 am

LE0KING wrote:I don't care if it's Hasbro, third party, or some guy in his mom's basement, someone give me a good airachnid toy! :-(

It's certainly a figure I don't regret selling. Found her said "yes, I don't care if she's a bad figure I found her!" Opened her up and sucked my teeth and 3 weeks later sold to someone.
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue May 30, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Tue May 30, 2017 7:20 am

LE0KING wrote:I don't care if it's Hasbro, third party, or some guy in his mom's basement, someone give me a good airachnid toy! :-(

Heard the legion isn't bad.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby LE0KING » Tue May 30, 2017 7:32 am

Have the legion, love it. Need it bigger.
LE0KING
Vehicon

Postby Randomhero » Tue May 30, 2017 7:54 am

Kurona wrote:

Legion one can actually move its arms and legs.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue May 30, 2017 8:31 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Legion one can actually move its arms and legs.

Also it's legion, so if your building a Neo G1 IDW and/or Prime, it won't exactly fit in. Genuinely surprised with how popular of a character she is a 3rd party hasn't taken a crack at a Neo-g1 style arachnid. Anyway back to the comic, I had a feeling as soon at there was any hint to Airachnid being in TAAO, that she would've been responsible for the killings in the first issue. I do find it interesting that Airachnid is performing something very similar to mneurosurgery, without exactly being it. Opens more lore without it being something to similar to what was explored with chromedome. Also I like how most of Starscream and Airachnid's dialog is full of backhanded compliments and veiled insults.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Kurona » Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 am

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Also I like how most of Starscream and Airachnid's dialog is full of backhanded compliments and veiled insults.

Their relationship is absolutely perfect - I think it may be too much to ask for her to be a main player, but dear god would I love for her to show up again. I much prefer her as Starscream's partner-in-crime to Rattrap.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue May 30, 2017 11:42 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Big Grim wrote:

and I was thinking the exact same thing too!!

Dang, now if only I could read Starscream in Steve Blum's voice. I haven't really been able to do that yet
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Big Grim wrote:

and I was thinking the exact same thing too!!

Dang, now if only I could read Starscream in Steve Blum's voice. I haven't really been able to do that yet

What we need is a very, very good voiceover. I wouldn't have even thought of Animated Megatron as the voice for IDW Megatron (or, hell, as my favourite Megatron voice) until this very awesome video. But now it fits perfectly! (mtmte32spoilers)

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Big Grim » Wed May 31, 2017 7:25 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Kurona wrote:What we need is a very, very good voiceover. I wouldn't have even thought of Animated Megatron as the voice for IDW Megatron (or, hell, as my favourite Megatron voice) until this very awesome video. But now it fits perfectly! (mtmte32spoilers)

Wow! That's really rather splendid!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
So 10. That was so good. Blast Off went from "somewhat defined supporting role character" to "deeply relatable, well rounded, conflicted, possibly critically important" in 20 pages. All the creators involved should take a bow :BOWDOWN:

And I didn't even touch on Starscream yet. Keeps getting better somehow. Guess the ceiling is the roof for how far they're gonna take him and it is so fun to read.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 31, 2017 7:02 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Since this thread was posted in, the review will hopefully be coming tonight. Some stuff has been interfering and this is an issue that writing a good review for is difficult.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Kurona » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm

ScottyP wrote:So 10. That was so good. Blast Off went from "somewhat defined supporting role character" to "deeply relatable, well rounded, conflicted, possibly critically important" in 20 pages. All the creators involved should take a bow :BOWDOWN:

And I didn't even touch on Starscream yet. Keeps getting better somehow. Guess the ceiling is the roof for how far they're gonna take him and it is so fun to read.

Starscream starts from the whole 'I am a terrible person and I will never stop being a terrible person so why even try' resolution at the end of last issue (for lack of a better phrase :lol: ) and absolutely RUNS with it in this issue. And like I said above, his relationship with Airachnid is perfect and I want to see more of her. The two are absolutely devious.

Blast Off as well has shot up to one of the best characters in the comic. He was already well on the way there but #10 sealed it.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby LE0KING » Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 pm

So please don't take this out of context.

Why is it that every single relationship shown in IDW has been same sex? Don't get me wrong, I understand that there wasn't gender on cybertron, but ever since fembots became a thing there still hasn't been a straight couple. We've had 8 total couples shown on page, 3 fembot on fembot and 5 robot on robot. The closest we've gotten was Skids and Nautica and that never got past the high school crush phase. And with Chromia leaving I doubt Ironhide will have a shot.
Am I the only person who has issues with this? Or am I wrong?
LE0KING
Vehicon

Postby Kurona » Wed May 31, 2017 7:33 pm

LE0KING wrote:So please don't take this out of context.

Why is it that every single relationship shown in IDW has been same sex? Don't get me wrong, I understand that there wasn't gender on cybertron, but ever since fembots became a thing there still hasn't been a straight couple. We've had 8 total couples shown on page, 3 fembot on fembot and 5 robot on robot. The closest we've gotten was Skids and Nautica and that never got past the high school crush phase. And with Chromia leaving I doubt Ironhide will have a shot.

Sparkstalker and Lightbright, Tigatron and Airazor. Heavy hinting with Arcee and Sideswipe as well as Nautica with Brainstorm.
Regardless, considering I've seen so much fiction which purely had straight relationships, I'm very happy to have fiction which almost purely has non-straight relationships. And it makes sense considering the worldbuilding has stated Cybertron is not a hetero-normative society unlike the culture most of us are used to and live in.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One is Cancelled, will be continued in a new Annual

Postby Kurona » Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Completely out of the blue just after its tenth issue was released today, head writer Mairghread Scott has posted on her blog the very unfortunate news that the third Transformers ongoing, Till All Are One - a continuation of the previous Windblade volumes - will be cancelled after Issue 12. According to the blog post, this is apparently not an editorial decision but Scott's own for reasons relating to writing, finding the best way to get across her story, and out of not wanting to write another story she feels she would not be able to put as much passion into simply for the sake of continuing the comic. Hence as a series Till All Are One will be discontinued, but as a story it will continue on after Issue #12 in an as-of-yet unnamed annual planned for release in either late 2017 or early 2018 as its ending. The rest of her blog post details Scott's favourite moments writing Till All Are One, the things she wished she could have done but didn't get to, and her camaraderie with the creative team - which you can all peruse below if you wish, and tell us what you think of this in the Energon Pub forums.

I should have written this a while ago, but I wanted to wait until after Issue #10 because it was such an important issue for me, a triumph of our series. And I think it truly is a triumph. It’s difficult and uncomfortable and still very compelling. This is in big part thanks to Sara’s amazing art and Joana’s amazing colors. So now I’ll say it. We’re cancelled.

What happened? Nothing.

Our attrition rate was fairly normal and Issue 12 would be our profitability breaking point. We were asked if we wanted to do something to shake things up (shift focus, shift cast, shift story) after the First Strike event, which is also normal, but I didn’t. I love Transformers, but I’ve been writing it for literally years and I wanted to tell this story. So rather than think of a new story I didn’t love as much, I just chose to end us here.

Till All Are One will go to Issue 12 and then an annual will be put out late 2017/early 2018 to wrap up any loose threads. A thousand thanks to our editor, Carlos, for giving us that much-needed space. A thousand thanks to Sara and Joana and Priscilla and Tom and John and Meg and Jason and all the people I know I’m forgetting and shouldn’t.

Issue 11 and 12 are going to be awesome by the way. I think we crafted a really satisfying, positive ending emotionally and the annual puts that needed cherry on top. We did something I never thought I’d be able to pull off that I’ll talk about more when it’s released.

In the meantime, I’d like to take a moment to say all the things I couldn’t before:

FAVORITE LINE I EVER WROTE:

FAVORITE THING SARA’S EVER DRAWN:

The Combaticons. Think about it. These guys DON’T HAVE FACES! (Well, Blast Off does) and she makes them so expressive without making it seem like she’s cheating their designs or making them cartoony. I had to keep writing them!

WORST THING I EVER MADE SARA DRAW:

The Bruticus face made out of Combaticons. Even as I wrote it I was like “I’ve got nothing. Good luck!” Naturally, she knocked it out of the park, but I still feel bad. [NOTE: this doesn’t include Issue 12, which may still kill her because it’s also basically impossible.]

THINGS I WANTED TO WRITE BUT DIDN’T HAVE TIME TO:

-Ironhide’s private security firm and their wacky adventures (mostly with Tall Tankor and Fat Tankor)

-An issue of Titan’s Return just about the Maccadam’s Crew having to defend the bar from being smushed.

-Lightbright and Sparkstalker’s Conjunx Endura ceremony.

-Somehow bringing together all the femmes from the G1 crew onto one team for an issue.

-Breakdown calling out Knock Out for weight-shaming.

-Exploring the racial/tribal divides on Eukaris.

-Giving Metroplex an avatar so he could move around the city and meet people like a normal ‘Bot.

-Metroplex goes to Caminus and has to come to terms with the cut-up body of his most treasured companion.

-Tall Tankor and Fat Tankor meet the Micromaster Tankor that turns into a train and they hate him for, like, no reason. He just can’t get into the “tankor clique”.

-Elita One takes over Kaon and builds a militarized city-state that threatens to reignite the war.

-Revealing Windblade and Chromia’s holo-avatars.

-Having everyone from Cybertron be disturbed by Elita One because she is literally the color of energon so it’s like meeting someone painted in blood.

BONUS THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT FAT TANKOR:

-There were two separate occasions where my husband argued that Fat Tankor should die for emotional impact and I just couldn’t kill him.

-I almost took out the name “Fat Tankor” in the final proof of Windblade Vol. 1 because robots can’t be fat and I was nervous, but John Barber insisted I keep it.

Finally,

I want to take a moment and thank you, the readers. You’ve made me stronger, bolder, and better at my craft and the love you have shown this story has been inspiring. I will miss you most of all and I hope you follow me on my next books (because there will be more books) even if they don’t have giant robots.

Be Well,

Mairghread Wild Scott
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby LE0KING » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Kurona wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So please don't take this out of context.

Sparkstalker and Lightbright, Tigatron and Airazor. Heavy hinting with Arcee and Sideswipe as well as Nautica with Brainstorm.
Regardless, considering I've seen so much fiction which purely had straight relationships, I'm very happy to have fiction which almost purely has non-straight relationships. And it makes sense considering the worldbuilding has stated Cybertron is not a hetero-normative society unlike the culture most of us are used to and live in.

Ah, thank you. I'd forgotten tigatron and airazor.
Did they ever make sparkstalker and lightbright a couple? I don't remember them getting more than a few lines in one of the windblade comics.
Personally i don't think arcee is capable of that kind of relationship, she's just now learning how to make friends and not decapitate them. ;)
But still, even if you were to pick your sparkmate by random chance 2 to 8 are rough odds.
I only take issue with it because there's not a lot of gay people where I'm from so I have trouble relating. (Yes, I admit, I struggle to relate to million year old murderous robots)
LE0KING
Vehicon

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNARL + TYRANNITRON Transformers G1 Action Masters Hasbro UK 1990 New 230303A"
NEW!
SNARL + TYRANNITRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RETRAX Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1997 230609A"
RETRAX Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 210923a"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210458 12A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Mega **NOT complete** vtg Hasbro 1996 210923A"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON