This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro and Xiaomi Transformers Crossovers Toys Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Plus, the TFP Soundwave was a completely different take on the character that was explored on the show. I heavily doubt there's gonna be a similar amount of fiction covering this; it's just a bit of a gimmick collaboration - so if you're selling it as Soundwave, it would probably make sense for it to be recognisable as Soundwave.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Kurona wrote:Plus, the TFP Soundwave was a completely different take on the character that was explored on the show. I heavily doubt there's gonna be a similar amount of fiction covering this; it's just a bit of a gimmick collaboration - so if you're selling it as Soundwave, it would probably make sense for it to be recognisable as Soundwave.
But with that head design and color scheme, how is it not recognizable as a sideline toy of Movieverse Soundwave?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:04 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Plus, the TFP Soundwave was a completely different take on the character that was explored on the show. I heavily doubt there's gonna be a similar amount of fiction covering this; it's just a bit of a gimmick collaboration - so if you're selling it as Soundwave, it would probably make sense for it to be recognisable as Soundwave.
But with that head design and color scheme, how is it not recognizable as a sideline toy of Movieverse Soundwave?

Wasn't the development video clearly showing G1 Soundwave as their inspiration tho?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:10 am

Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Wasn't the development video clearly showing G1 Soundwave as their inspiration tho?
Aren't all Soundwaves (BW excluded) inspired by G1 Soundwave in some way?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:

I sure as hell didnt recognize this as movieverse soundwave.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

then isnt this one inspired by G1 soundwave
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

then isnt this one inspired by G1 soundwave

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RAR » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:21 pm

I actually see a pretty close resemblance between the SDCC Pad-Soundwave and the ROTF Soundwave toy the both have similar heads, they are both off-white in part the have the same shaped duel prong feet and some of the kibble on the ROTF one isn't that far away from the look of the winged backpack.

I look on it like this - it's a bit like when Rumble got decapitated and turned into a mobile phone.

Only that idea applied to Movie Soundwave.

I see some merit in him as a leader for the Real Gear Robots. he also has some resemblance *though less wacky* to the "Kitchen Crew" too (I.e. Ejector & friends).

I've ordered a gold one i'll see what he looks like with The Transformers Prime toys to when I get him - but I suspect if he's going to look good with anything it will be Movie toys.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby RAR » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:06 pm

OK My Gold Soundwave Pad arrived today. He's not so much gold as he is "Reefer yellow" or yellow Bronze.

He's heavier than I expected - I thought he'd be as light as a feather but he feels reasonably substantial.

He will totally fill the job that I had in mind for him which is to be the boss of the real gear Robots.

Overall he's very god aside from some very small nitpicks.

I would have liked his feet to peg together if feasible, not a huge issue though - his arm articulation is a little peculiar, and The Ratbat/Laserbeak drone could have done with more of an obvious face and feet - as it is it kinda works as a pseudo TF Prime Laserbeak drone I guess - but an upgrade kit would be nice to give him feet and a face.

If anyone finds somewhere that sells a clip on cover for 7" tablets that fits him I'd like one to cover up his robot parts in tablet mode.

He does have some pleasing subtle details on him like the paint in his torso groves that you can barely even see.

He's certainly easy to store being so thin.

Oh and UK customers who bought the gold one from the site selling them might like to know that they actually ship from the UK. which seems to suggest that site must have a UK portal - I don't mind that I ordered from the US site as it enabled me to get cashback on him too. oddly though the voucher codes I also had actually put his price up not down.

The gold one is a little cheaper but If you like the silver there not a huge difference in price so it seems. I wonder if they will make him in white and blue and black too ?
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Image of Transformers Mi Power Bank Optimus from Hasbro and Xiaomi

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
You will probably remember the Xiaomi Mi Pad Soundwave figure released last year for San Diego Comic Con - it looks like Hasbro has kept the license running for the company, as an Optimus Prime figure turning into a Power Bank has surfaced on the usual Weibo account. Check it out below, as we also included an image of the possible dock alt mode!

[center]Image
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kyleor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
*wants*
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Anyone know if its an actuall WORKING powerbank :-?

or is that too much to hope for?....& YES...duh! i know the Soundwave one wasn't an actual working pad
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Uh. Not sure what to make of that. Not particularly appealing.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby dragons » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Soundwave look better this looks bad
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Stuartmaximus wrote:Anyone know if its an actuall WORKING powerbank :-?

or is that too much to hope for?....& YES...duh! i know the Soundwave one wasn't an actual working pad

His backpack looks big enough to hold a battery and the USB cord going to his sword does look real.

dragons wrote:Soundwave look better this looks bad

I'm of the opposite mind. Soundwave looks like a generic gold robot toy that they just named Soundwave for lack of anything better to call it. This actually looks like Optimus Prime in both design and color.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ausbot » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Black convoy please
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm

That's not Optimus, that's...

That's Guiltar!! :shock:

:P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MadProject » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Weapon: Sword
Box version of the new Optimus Powerbank.
Looks like it will be a functioning power bank.
Source:
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... =3&theater

box 1.jpg

box 2.jpg
MadProject
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Packaging for Hasbro/Xiaomi Transformers Mi Power Bank Optimus Prime

Postby Va'al » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:33 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Seibertronian MadProject has sent along images of the newly revealed Hasbro x Xiaomi Optimus Prime Powerbank figure, as shown first here, revealing that the alt mode is indeed what we supposed it would be, and adding to the speculation that the power bank may in fact be functional - but you can check them out below for yourself, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Hasbro and Xiaomi Transformers Crossovers Toys Thread

Postby Kyleor » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
TFSource has the Soudwave pad on clearance/sale for $29.99 if anyone is interested in it.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Skill: 4

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM979 (CA) Henry (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2013 5A (CA) Christiansen"
Transformers Prime ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18A DEC190650"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210502 29B (CA) Su (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220470 1E Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON