This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Best Water Themed Transformers Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:07 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

5. Transformers Energon Sharkticon

This is a perfect little guy which marks a start to the golden era of quality deluxe class figures from Hasbro for vehicle Transformers (which lead into Classics, Cybertron and Animated). This is an inventive design combining the beast like elements of a shark and a submarine vehicle, making it beautifully Cybertronian. The Transformation is simple but effective, making both the robot and vehicle mode quite distinct, with different shapes and details. The articulation is as good as today's toys but the plastic is better and the pop out firing missiles in vehicle mode is a nice touch on this awesome figure which rocks one of the sweetest decos I have ever seen on a Transformers toy.

4. PCC Undertow and Waterlog

Every one of this toy's three modes is fun. It is hard not to like a speed boat with gattling guns. The green clear plastic cockpit (and robot-mode visor) is a nice touch which adds to the water theme and the light blue combiner ports dont take that much away from this figure as it does others since they end up looking like cybertronian breathing tubes in robot mode. What seals the deal though is the combiner torso which has a steam punk diving bell helmet, going all out on the water theme. And if that wasnt enough, you get the most distinctive minicon partner in the entire line with Waterlog. Hus more humanoid look makes him a cross homage to both the Centurion toy series, fom Kenner, as well as Microman thanks to that clear turquoise plastic he is partly made of. He also doubles as a clear turquoise chest shield, making this really resemble some Microman toys. To have all this awesomeness crammed into a scout class Transformer is quite a rare thing these days.

3. Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Sea Spray

Who would have thought little old G1 Seaspray would one day be the hulking bad ass he became with this toy. While the alt mode pays homage to the small G1 toy, the robot mode goes for a more streamlined movie look crosed with more traditional and smooth robot designs. I especially like how smooth the alt mode is, it looks so clean with every part connecting together flush that you wouldn't expect it to turn into a robot. But it does and you wouldn't want to mess with it due to the wide upper chest and shoulders and face plated robotic scuba helmet. But just to show you he also has a fun loving side, you can flip flippers from the underside of his feet and he has a fold down ramp in vehicle mode for him to accommodate any scout class Autobot who would need a ride across the pond. In the end I just love the look of this figure and how accomplished it is as a transforming toy which has no unnecessary kibble in either mode.

2. Transformers Beast Wars Metals Depth Charge

There is just so much win with this toy from the headsculpt to the metal manta ray alt mode with a deco that just pops. I like how beefy he is as a toy and I really like the opposite sides of the manta ray face becoming the legs, along with the how glorious he looks with his wings in robot mode. He also has a very fun central disc launching gimmick which works in all modes. If that wasn't enough, his tail becomes a harpoon and he has a shark drone which can fire missiles. Definitely one of the most fun toys of the Beast Wars era.

1. Transformers Beast Wars Cybershark

An extremely efficient transformer whose body length shell serves as a great disguise to a very poseable robot. The shark mode has beautiful deco which looks as good as any plastic shark toy found in toy stores in the 90s. What is amazing is that, despite it being a shellformer, it has great alt mode integration that is very reminiscent of traditional transformers with having the head of the alt mode as the chest. A main aspect of the original toys that make up what we call G1 was the disguise component and how they could infiltrate other toylines which didn’t transform. With its phenomenal alt mode, this sharkformer is a perfect example of this legacy. The deco on this toy is as masterful as that headsculpt and he comes armed to the teeth with extra shark themed projectiles (that can be stored within his back) and his pincertail. Of course, that is aside from his hammerhead shark head which he can shoot from his body!

Honourable mentions: Revenge of the Fallen Depthcharge, Energon Mirage, G1 Octopunch (he was the first with the deep dive helmet), and Legends Gelshark.

And of course, a water themed list wouldn't be complete without a mention of Transformers Armada Tidal Wave!!!!!!! The main reason he didn't make it is because while his name was very much "Check me out, I am water themed!", I found the toy far too Cybertronian looking that it didn't fit the water theme the creators were probably going for, aside from the aircraft carrier component. The Battleship mode looks more meant for space travel than going across the sea.

Water theme fight!

That awesome photo was brought to us by Daniel Cole!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4495
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best Water Themed Transformers Toys

Postby Randomhero » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:37 am

Great list Will and holy crap! I have never seen or heard of Undertow! That's an awesome looking figure! I can't believe I've seen or heard of that dude before! I want him!
Last edited by Randomhero on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Kyleor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:09 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
...Which figure is the one in the teaser pic since it's not on the list at all?
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:22 am

Kyleor wrote:...Which figure is the one in the teaser pic since it's not on the list at all?

It's in the honourable mentions, just click the links in the article.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Great list and it's one of the only ones where I can say I own number 1 on the list :D he may not be known as much as his transmetal upgrade (or more appropriately, who that toy was re-released as) but he's still quite fun and I love how his transformation method is the same as the smaller releases like iguanus and terrasaur.

Also I was unaware that the pcc line had someone like undertow in it.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Kyleor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:52 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
william-james88 wrote:
Kyleor wrote:...Which figure is the one in the teaser pic since it's not on the list at all?

It's in the honourable mentions, just click the links in the article.

That would require me reading instead of just looking for more pretty pictures x.x Derp
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:57 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
As always, great list! I'm not familiar with most of these dudes so it was a good introduction. :D
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:59 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
G1 Seaspray

G1 Sharkticon

G1 Broadside
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:08 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I love my Takara Tidalwave/Shockwave. The paint apps alone surpasses any one of the Hasbro versions. I feel Tidalwave SHOULD have been a part of the Combiner Wars line...damn can you imagine? :shock: Thanks for putting him on the list WJ! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:03 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I totally disagree with you on Tidal Wave. Not only should he be on the list, he should get the top spot. All 3 parts are straight water-battle themed, and they function very well when combined. I also have to note that Galaxy Force Thunderblast is also missing. That figure is also superior to all the figures you listed, maybe with the exception of Depth Charge. Of course, BotCon Elita also goes with that, as that's a redeco of Thunderblast. Of those you actually put on the list, Depth Charge should be #1.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ubertenorman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:11 am

Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Good thing you didn't try to do a top 10 list, you'd have run out of options ;)
ubertenorman
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Buy from ubertenorman on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I almost bought that Sharkticon a long time ago in my childhood. Kinda wish I had :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Rodimus Prime wrote:I totally disagree with you on Tidal Wave. Not only should he be on the list, he should get the top spot. All 3 parts are straight water-battle themed, and they function very well when combined. I also have to note that Galaxy Force Thunderblast is also missing. That figure is also superior to all the figures you listed, maybe with the exception of Depth Charge. Of course, BotCon Elita also goes with that, as that's a redeco of Thunderblast. Of those you actually put on the list, Depth Charge should be #1.

So what would be your full top 5 list?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Overcracker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Great list. But I'm shocked King Poseidon a.k.a Piranacon and the Seacons did not get even a passing mention.

They are the quintessential water / sea based transformers, and while the combined mode is not the greatest, the individual beats modes are list worthy specially Lobclaw (Nautilator) and Kraken (Seawing).

Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:27 am

Overcracker wrote:Great list. But I'm shocked King Poseidon a.k.a Piranacon and the Seacons did not get even a passing mention.

They are the quintessential water / sea based transformers, and while the combined mode is not the greatest, the individual beats modes are list worthy specially Lobclaw (Nautilator) and Kraken (Seawing).

Ah the seacons, I was only missing snaptrap and the one who is the right leg (not tenakill) ah if only I could of afforded the g2 seasons when they were available
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby StarFireMk4 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:33 am

Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
All the ones I would list are there. Good job. :D
StarFireMk4
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Space lion
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:35 am

Overcracker wrote:Great list. But I'm shocked King Poseidon a.k.a Piranacon and the Seacons did not get even a passing mention.

Yeah, thats definitely an omission on my part, so thanks for contributing here!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Overcracker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
ZeroWolf wrote:Ah the seacons, I was only missing snaptrap and the one who is the right leg (not tenakill) ah if only I could of afforded the g2 seasons when they were available

Lobclaw (Nautilator) is generally the right leg. Though sometimes like in the picture I used, its Gulf (Skalor).

You can still get the commemorative seacons for around $59.99 at BBTS if you really want a complete Seacon set.

william-james88 wrote:
Yeah, thats definitely an omission on my part, so thanks for contributing here!

Always happy to point out omissions. :-D :HEADHURTS:
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby StarFireMk4 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:44 am

Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Actually I take it back, while it's still good it's incomplete. WHERE'S CLAWJAW? :BANG_HEAD:
StarFireMk4
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Space lion
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:50 am

Yeah it was Skalor I was forgetting! Thanks overcracker :-) I'll look into the commerative edition, at one point I was going to look for God Poesiden, but prices weren't favorable :lol:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Va'al » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:52 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Randomhero wrote:Great list James and holy crap! I have never seen or heard of Undertow! That's an awesome looking figure! I can't believe I've seen or heard of that dude before! I want him!

That is the wonder of the PCC line. They will always be in my heart.
My Elastic Heart. With Shia.

(You better be looking after them Will.)

But yes, I entirely agree on Undertow, it's an excellent little boat that could, and will. And it has the Octopunch homage, excellent headsculpt and lightpiping, plus gattling guns. Because the seas be a dangerous place, laddie. Yarr.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I totally disagree with you on Tidal Wave. Not only should he be on the list, he should get the top spot. All 3 parts are straight water-battle themed, and they function very well when combined. I also have to note that Galaxy Force Thunderblast is also missing. That figure is also superior to all the figures you listed, maybe with the exception of Depth Charge. Of course, BotCon Elita also goes with that, as that's a redeco of Thunderblast. Of those you actually put on the list, Depth Charge should be #1.
So what would be your full top 5 list?
5. Voyager Seaspray
4. Beast Wars Metal Depth Charge
3. Galaxy Force Thunderblast (and BotCon Elita)
2. G1 Seacons
1. Armada Tidal Wave (and repaints)

Honorable mention: RiD Sky-Byte for the shark mode. Robot mode and transformation are subpar, but water-themed alt mode is top notch
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""

+ Tidal Wave's other rebuilt form.....Mirage
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby kurthy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
What about BW TM Rampage? Is he not water themed?

Also don't forget that Tidwave's leg section has foldout seats for minicons to transport them across the water.

I'm really hoping they eventually do an update to G1 Sharkticon, if only because of the metal teeth.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
the G1 Autobots! coz they had hydrofoil mode, which allowed them to travel across water in their vehicle modes

other ones....Rescue Bots High Tide, Heatwave(Fireboat mode)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YARD GUARD Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop lawn mower 2020"
YARD GUARD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIPPY SLURPS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Icee Slurpee"
SIPPY SLURPS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 8-PACKS Set of 4 Transformers Custodial Crew + Pet Mob 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 8 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUFFLOON Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors foil party balloon 2020"
BUFFLOON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMSTONE Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Combiner Hasbro 2014 New"
GRIMSTONE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING TOOTS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 Hasbro Toilet Paper"
KING TOOTS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOZZLESNOT Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Lawn League 2019 watering can Hasbro"
NOZZLESNOT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FROHAWK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 (Hair Color Spray Can)"
FROHAWK Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIGHTWEIGHT Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique dumbbell Hasbro 2020"
LIGHTWEIGHT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUDERONI Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang Hasbro 2018 Pepperoni Pizza"
DUDERONI Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWEET CHEAT Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades PB chocolate bar 2019"
SWEET CHEAT Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON